PDA

View Full Version : A cosplay club

Clueless Case
09-13-2004, 11:35 PM
I am starting a cosplay club at my high school. I wanted to get some ideas on some projects we could do. I have some ideas like how ot make chi ears, wig 101, and basic prop making. Can you guys help

Anna
09-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Okay I'm starting a cosplay club at my middle school. And I'm basicly going to show them methods of making patterns,fabric selection,Prop design, hair styling, and how to choose the right charecter for you. I'm also going to teach them simple Japenese fraises, and how to tie Obi's. And nice places to find reference. We might also do some photoshoots outisde the school. Were probably going to get some people to use they're specialitys to help the newbs out. (Like if sombody dosen't know how to embroider, we have somebody who knows how, and can help them with projects and teach them different stithces)

Nina Star 9
09-14-2004, 12:26 AM
my friend and i are probably gong to make a combined anime/cosplay club. i was thining about going over basics of japanese phrases, basics of j-pop/j-rock, how to design original outfits, how to make your own patterens, the basics of japanese fashion, what to do at cons, help with kareoke acts, if someone is entering a contest, and helping people with their projects.

MissLauren
09-14-2004, 12:31 AM
i have to ask out of pure curiosity;

do your schools have that many people interested in actual cosplay? O_o my run of the mill highschool had 2 cosplayers. myself and my friend jane.

instead of just all cosplay, combine it with anime.

Clueless Case
09-14-2004, 12:52 AM
My school is pretty decent sized around like 3600. There are already like about 10 ppl on here from my school. Plus, I know a few friends who are interested but don't where to start. I am a senior this year and have been cosplaying since the 8th grade. Our school banned anime/manga club due to shady handlings. I wanted something for serious fans. I definitely don't it to be used like a drug lab and ppl looking for an anime fix. On various weeks, we'd focus on various themes...visual kei make-up nartuo day, shoujo, wigs.

Anna
09-15-2004, 05:43 PM
There's nearly 25 people intrested in starting to Cosplay st my school. It's actualy an Anime club, but we Cosplay to. Whoever doesn't want to Cosplay gets to watch Subbed DVD's , and learn how to draw Manga.

_Mandy_
09-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Me and my friend are in charge of our school's anime club and were talking about having some cosplay stuff going on this year at ours. We were thinking of doing photo shoots and like tutorials or something. We talked about having themed days like, "Ninja day" "Shoujo anime day" "video game" ext...it sounds stupid now that I think that idea.

MissLauren
09-15-2004, 08:24 PM
well then go for it and good luck. :o 10 people seems like a good ammount.

Ayla_Inoue
09-19-2004, 01:09 PM
I just started a Japanese club at school, and I was expecting about 10-20 people to show up....so the night before the first meeting I stayed up and made about 20 veggi rolls and packed Japanese candy. I had also made 15 copies of basic words to pass out. When I walked in, the room was PACKED!!! It turned out there were about 70 people there!!! So I was thinking of spliting my club into 2 groups: Anime & Culture/Music...Both will have language.
So here's my question: What are some good group activities? Like a lot of you said, karaoke, teaching words, watching anime, and listening/learnig about Jrock/pop is a good idea. And I was thinking of doing "Speed talking!" (lke speed dating, except you have to talk in Japanese and the point's to learn the language, not to get a date ^^)
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....I think I'm in over my head ^^' Help!

Anna
09-19-2004, 05:53 PM
My club was also going to learn Anime History. And the laws of Anime
http://www.abcb.com/ency/l/lawsofan.htm
And my best Freind Dom's Gurl (she's vice president) was going to give the fanfic writers a little workshop. Were going to discuss cons, and the do's and don'ts (most of the club will be going to the biggest con in our state A-kon) To prevent smelly people, and candid pictures. Oh yes and before each little con I go to, were all going to play a mini game from one of the Final Fantasiy's (Golden Saucer and Calm lands ^_~ ) And whoever gets the highest score I will personally buy them a box of Pocky that they will not hav to share with ANYONE else. We might also play Lunar Silver Star Story COMPLETE pong.(If I can find the stupid making of disk) We might all meet up at somewhere once every other month in costume, just to freak people out with our Cosplay.

Clueless Case
09-22-2004, 10:47 PM
I found out there's another person trying to statrt something like a cosplay club. BUT MWHAHAHHAHA!!!! I beat them to it.

MissLauren
09-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Ohhh...I started and still run my highschools Japanese club (regardless if Im not in H.S anymore)

We had alot of fun. After the club we all went and ate at a chinese place.

Some of the activites we had/will have were/will be;

Ikebana
Japanese history
Karate
Sumo
Japanese language
Kanji
Hirigana/Katakana
we even had a cosplay day last year.

chibi_kitsune
09-23-2004, 03:46 AM
You guys are lucky, my school didn't have anything like that and right now i'm not in school, I do and learn stuff at home at the moment. I think their should be a club in my town but open to everybody ( not just high school/middle school kids) there is one outside of town but they most the prepare for the convention (it's more of a staff meeting). I want a real club not just staff meetings. I'm thinking of a International club, learn all kinds of things of other cultures and have fun too.