PDA

View Full Version : dollfie panel??!!

liz-maru
09-14-2004, 04:49 PM
yeah im thinking ill do a dollfie panel this year at animazment!! what do you guys think?? ill be bringing my volks dollfie plus and my luts dollfie and outfits and all kinds of other things i got going on in my head now so :D what do you guys think?? interesting? would you go?? ^_____^ ty!!

DancingVampire
09-14-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm hoping to get my dollfie this year so If I can make the panel I will get my arse to it ^_^!

KireiX
09-15-2004, 07:59 AM
That would be great! i've only seen pictures of those exquisite dolls! Im all for a dollfie panel.

liz-maru
09-15-2004, 09:29 AM
awesome guys ^____^ ty for the input!! in the panel i plan on having like displays and some of the clothes ive made and all about how to put the dolls together and stuff so overall i hope it is neat for those who have dollfies and those who want to get them ^o^

Tri23
09-15-2004, 04:12 PM
*raises hand*
Ano-... what is a dolfie doll?

Why are they cooler than refrigerated canned bread?

liz-maru
09-15-2004, 05:24 PM
lol you dont know what they are?? they are pretty dolls you can totally customize they are awesome ^__^ i attached a pic of shiro from the company who originally makes the dolls (volks of japan) if you wanna know more just ask ^__-

Tri23
09-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Actually, a couple come to mind, (this is all totally new to me.)

Where do you buy yours? (I'm guessing you can't go to Walmart and pick them up.)

Do the people make the themed clothing and accessories, or do you make those yourself, or perhaps a kit?

Is this a big new thing in Japan or just an offshoot of a established hobby or art?

(heheh.. perhaps I should just attend your panel.) :p

liz-maru
09-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Actually, a couple come to mind, (this is all totally new to me.)

Where do you buy yours? (I'm guessing you can't go to Walmart and pick them up.) i bought mine offa ebay and you can get them on other online sites but they are expensive >< i wish you could get them at walmart XD!!

Do the people make the themed clothing and accessories, or do you make those yourself, or perhaps a kit? yes yes we make clothes for them and even cosplay clothes for them also necklaces and all kinds of things like that just like a doll lil girls would play with only bigger and cooler ^__-
Is this a big new thing in Japan or just an offshoot of a established hobby or art? it is kinda a older thing in japan but its just really taking off in the u.s. ^___^ these dolls are hard to come by and are kinda expensive ><;
(heheh.. perhaps I should just attend your panel.) :p <3 please do ^___-

DancingVampire
10-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Yay I just found out that I will be most likely be reciving an FCS SD-13 boy for the holidays! If I can make it to the panel I will be sure to bring him along!

liz-maru
10-02-2004, 09:11 AM
wow awesome ^___^b please bring him!! im going to try and bring my doll/s and maybe some patterns for the people who come and some other goodies XD

DancingVampire
10-02-2004, 02:47 PM
wow awesome ^___^b please bring him!! im going to try and bring my doll/s and maybe some patterns for the people who come and some other goodies XD
-crosses fingers- I really hope I am getting him... -prays in to various gods and goddesses-, Oh that sounds cute! Maybe someone could do a face up to show how they are done... or Maybe you could ask some people to print out there photostories on nice kodak paper or something and you could have them up for viewing! Some people do amazing photostories :)

Zeruda
10-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Ohh! A dollfie panel :D I'll have to bring lil' Frey! (He's an MSD Ken <3 ) He loves to cosplay XD

GreatSG
10-03-2004, 11:30 PM
This sounds vary interesting I must say, I might attend just out of pure interest and to get some photos of these exquisit dolls.

BTW, DancingVampire, I love your sig line. Yoshiki does own Microsoft! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Greatsg/xbox.jpg) :bigtu:

DancingVampire
10-05-2004, 03:15 PM
BTW, DancingVampire, I love your sig line. Yoshiki does own Microsoft! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Greatsg/xbox.jpg) :bigtu:

Yes, yes he does
:)

liz-maru
10-06-2004, 08:49 AM
DancingVampire thank you for the ideas ^_________^ and mango i cant wait to see you there with Frey!! GreatSG i hope to see you there XD

DancingVampire
10-06-2004, 09:22 AM
If I can't make it to the panel (I have school till 3:10 the day of the con.) I'll try to send my future boy in with my girlfriend, she is off so I'll let her take my dear in. Domuya is down though and thats the site Im ordering him form! I hope they are updating with the new FCS and will be back up in time for me to place my order for the holidaya! -frets-

liz-maru
10-06-2004, 01:49 PM
I really hope you can make it to the panel ;_________; i would very much like for you to be there, with your dollfie ^__^ and which site are you ordering from? ^__^ im so curious!! i really wanna get a super dollfie is that what you are getting a sd? if so lemme know where plleasee im desperate! ^__^ and im sure the site will be back up soon ya know how they are slow sometimes ^__^

DancingVampire
10-06-2004, 06:21 PM
http://www.domuya.net/ Is the site I am ordering from, I'm hoping on Getting a pretty full custom choice system SD-13 boy... I wanted an F-28 head but they are replacing the old FCS with the new one and discontinued the F-28 head, but they have a new head almost the same as the F-28 which is the new F-16 -keeps babbling till someone whacks her over the head with a dead fish-

Yeah I hope I can to, I always have school on that Fri... but I make my carpool drop me off at AZ, poor people who ride with my dad that day.... I get to have the joys of PASSING the con on my way to school.... :( I still hope Im getting my Boy... -prays- so far my efforts of bribing various faimly members are working... its sucks to be a poor highschool sophmore...

GreatSG
10-07-2004, 12:12 AM
GreatSG i hope to see you there XD

Yes, maybe i'll stop by with my only thing that can closely relate, but is completely opposite of a Dolfie, my Tom Servo. That should amke things rather lively. XD

Kilayi
10-07-2004, 10:38 PM
@_@ I have seen these before, but didn't know what to search for to get my own, but now I do... and want one, and will be sure to drop by if you have the panel of course :D

DancingVampire
10-08-2004, 09:35 AM
You have to get them online or through a japanese shopping service... and they cost a pretty penny. (I'm spending more money on getting my one doll than I am spending on me this year....) and clothing is pricey as well. Like my life sized combats are 38 bucks were as the platforms I'm plamnning on buying with for my boy are 50$. averge price for a full custom choice system SD-13 is about 1,000 but you can get the stadards for about 700-1200 depending on the realese. Personally I would say go with the FCS. They are adding the NEW system up shortly and have alot of new head molds....

liz-maru
10-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Kilayi_S74r hope to see you there ^____________^ and dancing vampire thanks for the site info and if you need help with places to find clothes just lemme know ^__^ i also have some patterns if you would like them ;) i will try to have the panel on saturday so you can attend if you think saturday will be ok?? and GreatSG that sounds like a good idea lol XD

Kilayi
10-08-2004, 05:45 PM
...they would be somewhat cheaper in Japan, wouldn't they?
I plan on giving a friend money to get me one when she goes next sumer :3

I planned on making clothes myself, cause in crafty like that XD, and after looking around online, I was thinking maybe I could get a blank head/body and a wig and put it together myself, as it looks cheaper :/

But is that too hard to do first starting off?

liz-maru
10-08-2004, 07:14 PM
...they would be somewhat cheaper in Japan, wouldn't they?
I plan on giving a friend money to get me one when she goes next sumer :3

>> somewhat yeah i would say ^__^ but actually i found mine on ebay and he was pretty cheap considering but >..> i still needed help paying for him but yeah that is a good idea asking your friend ^__-

I planned on making clothes myself, cause in crafty like that XD, and after looking around online, I was thinking maybe I could get a blank head/body and a wig and put it together myself, as it looks cheaper :/

>> yeah that can be a bit cheaper ^__^ finding the head and body seperate but you gotta string or wire them together and that can be kinda tricky ><; (they do make a video on how to do it) i say if you can do it i say go for it ^o^ and make clothes as well!! they are cuter i think when you make them yourself cause you know what you like for your dollfie so its more personal ^__- and i dont think it will be too hard for you to do!! if you stop by my panel i can help with any questions you have as well ^_-

GreatSG
10-08-2004, 11:07 PM
HLJ.com sales a few Dolfie items, just go under company search, and look for Volks and then search from there.

liz-maru
10-09-2004, 09:33 AM
thank you greatsg for the info ^______-

DancingVampire
10-09-2004, 04:23 PM
For good patterns and a buch of DIY stuff for dollfies check out DenofAngels.com also everyone at the forums are extremely nice and helpful so I suggest checking them out. :p

trim no max
10-16-2004, 10:01 PM
hay if theres going to be dollfies at az i'll bring my SDs back,I had the Chii dollfie from AZ03.

coolscaryguy

liz-maru
10-17-2004, 07:01 PM
i remember your beautiful chii dollfie and you ^__^ both of your are so cute!! =3 please come to the panel and show her off ^______^

trim no max
10-31-2004, 11:10 AM
i remember your beautiful chii dollfie and you ^__^ both of your are so cute!! =3 please come to the panel and show her off ^______^

that was beth in my dress,she's cute but, she stopped cosplaying.

The dollfie (Issa) still cosplays

no max

DancingVampire
11-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Update on status of my boys XD
I just got about 200 dollars for him and it seems that prehaps that a certian box may arrive on my 16th Birthday in Feb. XD
I'm getting a Vampire Shiwoo and a Delf El-crosses fingers and prays-

Star_Angel
11-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Ooo Lizz if you did a dollfie pannel I would so come (I dont have a dollfie yet but I really want one, so expensive!!!) wow I really hope you do do it!

liz-maru
11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
ty ty star XD <3 i appreciate you!! i hope they respond to my emails c_____c they are soo slow XD but yeah dollfies are mad expensive i wish they were cheaper T^T i hope you get one tho dear! <3

liz-maru
12-25-2004, 08:49 AM
still no word from az about the panel O__O they anger me!!

Rei2Rei
12-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Oooh~ If you have a panel I would love to come! I got a dollfie this Christmas! :D

liz-maru
12-30-2004, 04:41 PM
what kind did you get ^___^ im curious! XD and im going to email them again thank you tri!! XD <3!!

Rei2Rei
01-05-2005, 02:44 PM
what kind did you get ^___^ im curious! XD and im going to email them again thank you tri!! XD <3!!

I have no idea what kind she is.. :thumbsup: There is a piccy of her in my gallery though.

DancingVampire
01-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Is there going to be a meetup as well as a panel :3 ?

Tri23
01-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Congratulations Liz! Your Dolfie panel has been approved and is pending your response to Animazement. (if they ever find your email.)

liz-maru
01-13-2005, 08:22 AM
thanks tri for all your help!! you own!! and i swear ive emailed them like 4 times now >< its a gmail account it should be from taiako@gmail.com =o if that helps ><;; and i pmed you again lol!! and dancing vampire yes yes!! ive been talking with some other dollfie owners on the doa forums and we all really want to do so i just need to find out when the panel is so we can plan a meetup either before or after XD did you get your dollfie btw? im curious to see ^______^

DancingVampire
01-13-2005, 01:28 PM
thanks tri for all your help!! you own!! and i swear ive emailed them like 4 times now >< its a gmail account it should be from taiako@gmail.com =o if that helps ><;; and i pmed you again lol!! and dancing vampire yes yes!! ive been talking with some other dollfie owners on the doa forums and we all really want to do so i just need to find out when the panel is so we can plan a meetup either before or after XD did you get your dollfie btw? im curious to see ^______^

Hey I'm Leech on DOA not Leechy, but Leech..., Yeah my boys are coming but I decided against the FCS because they discontinued the head I wanted :/ and replced it with the F-16 which I didnt like to much, so I am getting a custom project EL, and a Dreaming Shiwoo Vampire both BW

Star_Angel
01-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Liz I hope you get to do the panel! I should be getting my dollfie by then and I am so bringing it with me!

GreatSG
01-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Glad you got your panel through, I just hope I have the same luck with mine. Either way I'll definitely try to attend the panel, but don't be surprised if Tom Servo hits on any of the female dolls :p

Tripetta
03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
:eek: *gasp* i'd totally go! ...if i were anywhere near that convention. lol
awsome idea. :thumbsup:

yukiko_mori
03-16-2008, 02:37 PM
ssaddly these postes are about 2 years or more old, i hope they host a panel again this year, and that they allow me to watch the panel(i volenteer for free admission, that is i have to work 18 hours for them) as part of the "staff/volenteer" group