PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Ball

ItsMeJT
09-14-2004, 07:21 PM
I have been thinking about this for about 2 weeks now, and I've decided I'm gonna try and do it. This is kinda ripping off Saki_B's idea for the Halloween Ball she is planning. My plan, as i begin my research of places in North Jersey, is to hold a New Year's Eve Masquerade Ball. So far, the basic idea is this:it will be mainly a suit and dress deal, but if you can find a costume from any Anime or Video Game that you think would suit this event, run it by me and i'll either approve or disapprove)

1. Males are expected to wear suits or tuxedos(example of costumes from Video Games/Anime that are acceptable:Moonlight Knight, Wedding Seymour, Squall's SeeD Uniform). Women are expected to wear dresses OR nice dress shirts/blouses and skirts/dress pants(must be run by me first). Acceptable costumes would be Wedding Yuna, Princess Serena, Rinoa's dress at the SeeD Ball. Again, any costume you wanna wear, must be approved by me. The one major requirement is masks. No matter what attire you are in, you are required to wear a mask, whether it's a full mask covering your face(of course, no halloween masks), or just a mask that only covers half of the face. The rule is, nobody is to know who anybody is(unless you come with a group) until midnight, when we count down the seconds to the new year and take off our masks at midnight.
2. Basic rules of courtesy apply here. No lewd comments/remarks, no obscene gestures. I believe in the rule of three for this. You mess up 3 times, you're gone without a refund.
3. Going back to the mask rule, unless you come with a group of people, nobody is to know who anybody is. If you come in a costume, you will identify yourself as that character. If you come in a regular suit/tuxedo/dress, then you must think up a different identity for yourself. If you cannot think of one, let me know, and I shall have one ready for you.
4. Time frame of the ball. I would wish for it to start at around maybe 7pm and end no later than 1am. Of course, I myself will be at the location earlier to help get everything set up. As I get more information, I will ask for volunteers to help me set everything up.
5. Music. This is gonna be very important. Personally, since it is a BALL, i would prefer mostly classical music. I know not everybody will agree, so here is what I'll do. I'll allow music from Anime and Video Games. I will also allow SOME modern music, but it must be approved by me first. The one thing I will definitely need is a DJ or somebody who has knowledge of hooking up sound systems and playing music. If anybody here that wants to come to this would gladly DJ for free or a low price, please contact me.
6. Finally, just have fun, meet some new friends. Originally, this was gonna be for just my close friends, but then I decided that I wanted to expand on that. if you wanna come, great. if you have friends that wanna come too, better! help reduce the total cost. hopefully, i'll have more information within a month.

if anybody is interested in this, please, let me know. send an e-mail to

renowilliams85@aol.com

that is my e-mail address for anything related to cosplay.
if you just wanna chat about anything and everything besides cosplay, my other e-mail address is

executiona85@aol.com

hope to hear from my fellow cosplayers soon
Jason

Kaelistale Nyau
09-15-2004, 01:44 AM
This sound sooooo awsome but it's too far! Both yours and Saki-B's idea's are great but.... Why can't anyone make a ball in CALI?!?!? ::cries:: -_-

ItsMeJT
09-15-2004, 01:53 AM
because a lot of us don't live in cali, perhaps?

MissLauren
09-15-2004, 10:26 AM
why not have one in cali as well?

Adrienne
09-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Because Cali gets a ton of stuff.

Out here we need more events.

Blue Sasarai
09-16-2004, 12:37 AM
yea we def need more cosplay stuff on the east side. cali has too much stuff already, and if u want a ball there, you could always make it yourself.