PDA

View Full Version : Shinin' Shimmerin' Hair! (wig materials)

penultimate03
12-15-2002, 07:27 PM
I know, dumb subject. (I ask a lot of wig questions, ne?)

One of the cosplays I've started is pretty easy, but the biggest challenge is the hair. I'm hoping to start the cosplay early so I can finish it in time to work on others that I want to do. The character (Yeah yeah, those from the Otakon thread know, Maria from Xenogears :D) has huuuge ringlets, and more hair than a normal wig should have.

And the first people I think to ask are those who have cosplayed as Shiva from FFX as she has a LOT of hair and from the cosplays I've seen, they've used a lot of materials. Or anyone else who has cosplayed a character where a simple wig just wouldn't do.

I really don't know what I'm asking here...uh...haha.

What would be a good place to buy hair or wig materials in bulk? Any tips to help me out?

Thanks, I hope this isn't too confusing...

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 07:55 PM
I'll have to find the site again, but when I was looking for wigs for Maria, I found almost the PERFECT wig for it. You'd need a bit more in the back though, since she's got that high ponytail. Mmn.. now to remember which wig company it was.

-Laura

penultimate03
12-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Oh if you stumble over it again, be sure to throw me a line, that would help me out a bunch! ^_^

Emeralda
12-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Okay, try Wilshirewigs.com

They have 'southern belle attachments' Which are long ringlets that you can attach. And best of all.. they come in white!! This was under Costume wigs: 19th Century America

Still looking for the actual wig though, and not having much luck yet.

Well, Fifi Mahoney has it. But I KNOW Wilshire had it.. or maybe it was Witchwigs.com

http://www.fifi-mahony.com/parwigs2.html June is the one I mean. And it comes in white as well.

-Laura

Koumori
12-15-2002, 08:21 PM
If you're looking for hair to make your own attachments/falls with, maybe to add to a wig you have, I'm always happy to plug Doctored Locks at www.drlocks.net.

Miaka No Baka
12-23-2002, 03:34 AM
witchwigs.com has a wig called june as well, and it's your ringlet wig.

http://www.worldofmagic.net/cartsnap/product_info.cgi?Wig_Cart+21248_1040635930+Wig_Car t_cart/images/103.jpg+cartsnap/Wig_Cart_cart/full_text/103.txt+103+Characters

same price as fifimahoneys, plus it comes in more colors and from what I hear fifimahoney's can be hard to deal with at times and their shipping takes forever. My friend ordered a wig from witchwigs.com and it was fine and the exact wig she ordered.

Miaka no Baka