PDA

View Full Version : Halloween J-pop Dance Party~NY Capital District

Kairi G
09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok, so as of now we are planning a J-pop Dance party for halloween weekend. It is planned for oct. 30 (saturday) and will be from 7pm-11pm at the Niskayuna Town Recreation Center (directions will be provided at a later date). we will have j-pop playing to dance too, a cosplay contest, a DDR competition (on a big screen tv!!!) maybe karaoke...im not sure if chrono wants to organize that... and there are fun game tables.

why we chose the nisky rec center...
well im sure your all kinda confused as to where it is, but never fear we will provide directions. but we chose it for a few reasons. First is the layout of the center. it has two floors. one is a dance area, even has a disco ball! yay! and the lower floor has lots of tables, a food area, a little kitchen, a big tv and lots of goodness! The rec center is also a lot cheaper than renting out space someplace else... i am not saying tho that its super cheap, we will still need to make quite a bit to cover it all... but it will be much easier. I am sure you will all be happy with the set up of the center for this dance.

Ok so we are doing a costume contest like we did last year. And i would like it to be more organized than the one we did at the picnic. So im gonna bring back the judging forms that we had at the dance last year. We will need 3 judges. if you would like to be a judge. please send and email to me proserpina1487@aol.com i wanna know why you think your qualified to judge!There will not be any skits... since no one bothered to do em at the picnic... i just dont want to mess with figuring that out for this event. I will have a sign up sheet at the entrance of the dance for the cosplay contest and the DDR contest. at a later time i will post times for everything.

If you would like to help out with anything here are the jobs that you could take charge of:

Prizes
Food
decorations
music

i believe my sister will run the DDR contest again, she did last year and it went well. We will need to recruit people to help supervize the ddr so no one abuses our dance pads or the tv and stuff. so if you are willing to help with that let me know.

I will be setting up a pre-reg list like we did for the picnic. but i wont do that until we know for sure the date time and admission price. I have to talk to Toast about that, since hes the one acting as a treasurer for us, and he is also booking the rec center. Admission will likely be about $10, but we will have to see...

we would like to have some parents volunteer to chaperone. and ill let parent chaperones in for free unless we are really really in need of money.
ok thats all for now i think...

Hope you can make it!

Ryoko-Dono
09-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Hey, just dropping in. I'm willing to do anything you want/need done. I'm not very good with presents and since I cant drive I'm not sure I could help with prizes, so I'd be glad to help out with decorations/setup/...anything.

Are we doing pot-luck style where people donate a bag of chips? Or is it being bought with the money so we know what is there and what needs to be got?

Kairi G
09-17-2004, 12:06 PM
as for food, we will have to see how much money we suspect we will have. if it is a decent amount we may be able to purchase all the food necessary. but for now lets plan of people bringing snacks. we do also want to get japanese snacks, we will have to see...

also forgot to mention..we got glowsticks to sell!!!

chrono
09-17-2004, 12:39 PM
So far, I'm looking at the big picture, and it seems as if we have a lot of events:
1) jpop dance
2) cosplay contest
3) ddr contest
4) table-top gaming
5) maybe even karaoke
And we have 2 large rooms, one on each floor, but we only have 4 hours to fill all those events in.

I was tempted to vote $8 in the poll, just because the picnic was $5 and was twice as long as the dance will be; but if I see the prices of various things, perhaps I will change my mind.

For one thing, I think potluck worked out well; which would reduce the need for going out and buying things during the dance. And also I don't believe in the attendees paying too much toward prizes. I bet each person paid at least $1 towards prizes at the picnic; which seems high to me. 50 cents seems more reasonable. Going higher than that, and it would seem worthwhile to me to get donations from vendors of some kind, whether they can come to our event or not.

Now, let's assume that we do have karaoke -- Do you have a rough idea of how the schedule would be laid out and which events would overlap? So far the obvious placement choices seem like as follows:
-1st floor - ddr contest, table-top gaming
-2nd floor - jpop dance, karaoke
But I'm not so sure on the cosplay contest. It seems like maybe the 2nd floor, just because it's something the people in the dance wouldn't want to miss.

I'm very willing to do karaoke, because with the equipment needed for the dance, karaoke would be only a little bit more work to set up (if any). So, for the 2nd floor, would something like this work?

7-8pm) jpop dance
8-9pm) cosplay contest
9-10pm) karaoke
10-11pm) jpop dance

I remember when I ran a dance at genericon that running for more than an hour at a time would tire people out, so having a 2 hour gap would be nice between sets it seems.

As for equipment, the easiest thing I can think of is to have a decent laptop with winamp 5.0 and a decent OS like winxp, so I can have 2 instances of winamp open and fade between songs (like a real mixing board with multiple cd players!). This means I will need to be prepared with most of the dance music I intend to play in mp3 format on the laptop ahead of time. (so yes, we're looking at a very similar setup to the picnic)

Mystic Blossom
09-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Yay! I'm so excited! Quick question. Would we be able to enter original costumes in the costume contest?

Pyrobaka
09-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Erica, when you say Glow Sticks, where are you ganna get them from? Do you already have them? Do you need any more?

Cause I'm president of Explorers (an Jr. Firefighters group in alpluase) and we have (QUITE A FEW) glow sticks we need to sell. Maybe we can set something up? Split profits? Maybeh?

hailo
09-17-2004, 04:52 PM
OK! Mystic: I think we should avoid original costume just cause it can make judging kinda hard some times ><. Unless maybe it's a Gothic Lolita, that might work out ok.

I think the times Chrono suggested sound good. That way everyone can see everything they want to. And Chrono, the game tables are like Ping Pong and Foose Ball, they aren't really important. They are already set up and can be there for people who get bored or something.

FOOD: At leaste this time we don't have to supply a full meal, or for that matter a whole lot of food. So I think that we should just use pot-luck again.

Chrono: On the subject of the prizes, at the Picnic most of the prizes were donated. The only thing taken out of Picnic money was the gift certificate. I don't know if that changed what you were thinking. But I have some more random stuff I can get rid of. Various anime and manga I don't want anymore. Like the 1st two discs of Escalfowne (i'm saving up for the box set).
Kairi! I will be more than happy to donate prizes, even if I'm not a judge. Which I might be again, I like judging. Plus I don't want to put anyone in a hard position (ya know friends VS good costumes, or is it just me who has this problem?? ><).

EDIT!!! Kairi Toast didn't say anything about the Rec. Center, I bet he forgot. I'll call him and reminde him.

Mystic Blossom
09-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Since I'm wearing an original non EGL costume to it, then I'll be a judge if it's alright with everyone.

hikura
09-17-2004, 11:49 PM
This sounds fun.I can secure lots of drinks and do it within a reasonable price also.If people wouldn't mind a generic verison(like price chopper or sams club soda).Plus i still have those action figures that i was supposed to donate for picnic to donate for prizes for this if you would want them.

hailo
09-18-2004, 07:16 PM
Donated prizes sound great! I would be more than happy to have them for prizes. As of now I have decided to take charge of the "Prize Comitee". Haha. And that means I am open for all donations for prizes. We only need three, and we have 1 possible 2 thanks to Hikura. Anyone else have any suggestions/donations/ideas? I would be very happy to hear them.

Ryoko-Dono
09-18-2004, 10:15 PM
We could always do that one prize we did last year, pre-registration to a con. But donated prizes are so much cheaper.

Also, I like the idea of us having the prizes at the dance to give to the winner. Much easier than tracking people down later. Which makes the pre-reg hard...

hikura
09-18-2004, 11:31 PM
Donated prizes sound great! I would be more than happy to have them for prizes. As of now I have decided to take charge of the "Prize Comitee". Haha. And that means I am open for all donations for prizes. We only need three, and we have 1 possible 2 thanks to Hikura. Anyone else have any suggestions/donations/ideas? I would be very happy to hear them.
Ok the action figures i have are 5 little action figures.You could count them as one bigger prize or split them up anyway you want.

Sadistic_Mana
09-19-2004, 01:29 AM
where exactly is this being held at? And how could i go to it?

Mystic Blossom
09-19-2004, 01:40 AM
where exactly is this being held at? And how could i go to it?

This will be at the Niskayuna Rec center, which I think is near the Niskayuna town pool. (Niskayuna is a very small town, practically overlapping Schenectady) As for getting in, you'll probably have to order tickets online once we have more details figured out. Or not. I'm not sure how we plan to collect tickets from people who don't go to Nisky high.

freakyarcher
09-19-2004, 01:48 PM
it's about damn time! i started a thread on nyo asking if anyone was setting something up. thank you.

Ryoko-Dono
09-19-2004, 02:01 PM
it's about damn time! i started a thread on nyo asking if anyone was setting something up. thank you.

Where do you live? Last weekend actually we had a cosplay picnic in Saratoga and we're currently working on setting up a Capital Distict cosplay club.

freakyarcher
09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
i live in brooklyn, but have no curfew...

mariksgrl
09-20-2004, 12:36 PM
about the tickets if you do get them then just give them to one of my friends who go there , there names are MARY COMPOLI and MADELINA MONTINI if you give them to them they could probably get them to me and if you are goin to please try to give them to mary ~she's a sophmore~

try looking in the yearbook or ask people~

ShinobiHime
09-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Sounds like fun! Count me in! Now I just have to finish up that costume... :thumbsup:

Kairi G
09-20-2004, 08:44 PM
ok, people asking about location.... The Rec center is in Niskayuna which is in Schenectady county, right on the edge with Saratoga county. It is just off of Rt 146. I will provide directions later on. for an idea of time, it would prolly be about 20 minutes out of albany.

I really would like to do the pass to anime boston again, that was really cool last year. Im sure tho if the person who won couldnt make it that we could organize something else. But for that it was a donation from us club officers....... so im gonna leave that decision up to Hailo, as prize coordinator.

mariksgurl, we will have a pre reg system like we did for the picnic. ill set that up soon.

freakyarcher
09-21-2004, 01:11 AM
ummm...this is starting to sound like it's far *scratches head*

OMG!!! this thing is in Albany @.@...that means i'm out >_<

Kairi G
09-21-2004, 03:09 PM
argh..... ok so we arent final on the rec center reservation......must get insured first.. but im handling that and hopefully we will still be able to get the time and date we want.

hailo
09-21-2004, 09:26 PM
OK! As prize coordinator! I have decided that we have various fun-ness. If Kairi doesn't mind perhaps I will take control, or part control over the contest as well.

1st Place - All weekend, pre-registered pass to Anime Boston 2005.
2nd Place - uhhhhgg, I'll work on that. Maybe two manga or something . . .
3rd Place - Models! Thanks to Hikura!

Dance Dance Revolution - Gift certificate to FYE.

There will be three judges, (Kairi and Mystic Blossom so far) and no judges award this year. Instead I think we should have a 'Fan's Choice Award' this year. Please Allowe me to explain myself: I will have anyone who watched the contest come up to the judging desk and write on a piece of paper which costume was their favorite. YOU MAY NOT UNDER ANY CERCUMSTANCE WRITE DOWN YOUR OWN NAME OR THE NAME OF A PERSON WEARING A COSTUME YOU CREATED. That is my final word. No exceptions, whatsoever.

After all the 'votes' are counted, the judges will announce the "Fan Favorite". The Prize for "Fan Favorite" will be 2 random manga. Choosen at a later date, so long as Waldens continues to have their buy 3 graphic novels get the 4th free. So there you have it.

BREAKDOWN!
Cosplay contest, 1st, 2nd, and 2rd places. Don't forget "Fan Favorite"! Plus the DDR contest! How about that?

hikura
09-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Sounds good to me Hailo.

Ryoko-Dono
09-22-2004, 03:47 PM
OK! As prize coordinator! I have decided that we have various fun-ness. If Kairi doesn't mind perhaps I will take control, or part control over the contest as well.

1st Place - All weekend, pre-registered pass to Anime Boston 2005.
2nd Place - uhhhhgg, I'll work on that. Maybe two manga or something . . .
3rd Place - Models! Thanks to Hikura!

Dance Dance Revolution - Gift certificate to FYE.

There will be three judges, (Kairi and Mystic Blossom so far) and no judges award this year. Instead I think we should have a 'Fan's Choice Award' this year. Please Allowe me to explain myself: I will have anyone who watched the contest come up to the judging desk and write on a piece of paper which costume was their favorite. YOU MAY NOT UNDER ANY CERCUMSTANCE WRITE DOWN YOUR OWN NAME OR THE NAME OF A PERSON WEARING A COSTUME YOU CREATED. That is my final word. No exceptions, whatsoever.

After all the 'votes' are counted, the judges will announce the "Fan Favorite". The Prize for "Fan Favorite" will be 2 random manga. Choosen at a later date, so long as Waldens continues to have their buy 3 graphic novels get the 4th free. So there you have it.

BREAKDOWN!
Cosplay contest, 1st, 2nd, and 2rd places. Don't forget "Fan Favorite"! Plus the DDR contest! How about that?

Yup, sounds lovely. Out of curiosity, how much will the DDR gift certifcate be?

ShinobiHime
09-22-2004, 07:52 PM
Sounds great! Hopefully the rec center plans will go through alright...
Also, not to get to OT, but who's going to be wearing what? (If you don't mind spoiling it, that is!)

Ryoko-Dono
09-22-2004, 10:56 PM
Hmm... Havent the slightest. ^^;; Its a decesion between Jing, Arwen(needs a wig), Ryoko(needs a wig) or something COMPLETELY different.

What about you?

ShinobiHime
09-22-2004, 11:48 PM
I'm going to be probably one of the most obscure characters ever... :rockon:
He's called "The Dreamteller", and he is the narrator character from "Chameleon", a show by the performance troup Salto Natale. (He's portrayed by the singer Erik Karol, who also plays the Cirque character I cosplay as.) Though he has a few costumes (including the biggest hoopskirt EVER!) I'm doing this one:
http://www.erik-karol.com/fire/photos/salto_natale/source/entrance-chairs-5_23-12-02.html
http://www.erik-karol.com/fire/photos/salto_natale/source/Ouverture_8-12-02.html
:heart: Finally, a warm Halloween costume! :heart:

Ryoko-Dono
09-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Question on behalf of someone else: Will song requests be taken? The person who asked me this wanted to know if he could have this one techno song be played. He could bring it on a cd. Would this be acceptable? Or are we saying no to requests/techno/other cds?

hikura
09-23-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm going to be probably one of the most obscure characters ever... :rockon:
He's called "The Dreamteller", and he is the narrator character from "Chameleon", a show by the performance troup Salto Natale. (He's portrayed by the singer Erik Karol, who also plays the Cirque character I cosplay as.) Though he has a few costumes (including the biggest hoopskirt EVER!) I'm doing this one:
http://www.erik-karol.com/fire/photos/salto_natale/source/entrance-chairs-5_23-12-02.html
http://www.erik-karol.com/fire/photos/salto_natale/source/Ouverture_8-12-02.html
:heart: Finally, a warm Halloween costume! :heart:
Nice costume choice.
For me.I am going in an apporate costume for halloween.James Sunderland from silent hill 2.I do so love this cotume.Just people do not recoginize it enough lol.

Mystic Blossom
09-23-2004, 06:06 PM
II'll be wearing an original autumn fairy costume, if I can get my sewing machine fixed soon. (It broke AGAIN!)

Kairi G
09-23-2004, 10:20 PM
ok well we have some good news, we dont need insurance. since there is going to be no alcohol. But we do have to get the place reserved. Ill talk to tim about that tomorrow.

chrono
09-24-2004, 01:48 AM
Question on behalf of someone else: Will song requests be taken? The person who asked me this wanted to know if he could have this one techno song be played. He could bring it on a cd. Would this be acceptable? Or are we saying no to requests/techno/other cds?
Yes, I will be taking song requests, but --
No, I don't think we should have non-jpop at a jpop dance.

That's just my opinion as the dj. If other people on the event committee think a song or 2 would be okay, then by all means let me know :)

hikura
09-24-2004, 08:08 PM
What about game music?I mean there is alot of game music that is really good.

Kairi G
09-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Game music would be fine i think...

Is anyone volunteering to be a Decorations Coordinator? Food Coordinator?

Ill do the food if no one else steps forward...

We still need one judge for the Cosplay contest, email me if you are interested, proserpina1487@aol.com .

Ryoko-Dono
09-24-2004, 10:22 PM
If you need a decorations coordinator I'll do it. I am excellent at following/giving directions. As long as someone asures me that I'm not messing crap up.

I assume orange/black streamers? Maybe purple for fun? Ballons? Confeti is fun but way too messy.... If you saw it last year I carved a Kenshin pumpkin and this year I intented to do ALLOT more. ^^

Kairi G
09-24-2004, 10:43 PM
Oh Ryoko it woul be lovely if you would organize decorations. I will give you a budget once we start people pre-registering.

Ryoko-Dono
09-25-2004, 08:51 AM
Kay. I feel all helpful now ^_^

hikura
09-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Well i am getting the drinks so that shall help.

Kairi G
09-25-2004, 01:50 PM
ok Drinks are your job Scott!
Decor belongs to Ryoko
Prizes are Hailo
DJ by DJ! hahahaha
Tim is handling the money are reservation.

Do you think it would be best to have everyone bring snacks, or should we provide them? In my opinion since we are having to charge more, i think that we should provide chips and stuff at least. but maybe some people could offer to bring like cupcakes or something?

ShinobiHime
09-25-2004, 04:34 PM
I have quite a few Halloween decorations left over from a past costume dance I had at my school...want them? :)

Kairi G
09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
yea sure ShinobiHime! That would be great! just tell Ryoko what you have so she can plan what to buy.

ShinobiHime
09-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Sure thing! First I just have to dig through my nightmare of a closet to find the items...But I know there's at least one bag that has balloons and black and orange streamers... I'll let you know once I find it! Also, what about fog machines? A friend of mine owns one, but I know those things can set off fire alarms sometimes.... :razz:

Kairi G
09-25-2004, 11:09 PM
hmmmm a fog machine could be neat... but i dont know if it would be allowed, i guess we could bring one and find out.

If anyone else has decorations they want to donate, let Ryoko or me know.

Ryoko-Dono
09-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Just got back from a road trip, extra decorations would be great. Also, if anyone knows anyone with a strobe-light or anything, let me know (email: beth103188@aol.com). I believe the rec center has a disco ball but other lights to go with it would be great. I have a mini cheap plastic one, but nothing compared to the cools ones that Spencers has.

Also, Kairi, I think we had pumpkin lights (like christmas lights) last year, or was that just my imagination, do we know who had them? Also, if we want just plain white chistmas lights to string around for fun I have 2 sets of those.

Mystic Blossom
09-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm willing to help in any way I can. Just tell me what to do!

Kairi G
09-26-2004, 11:09 PM
yea i dont know who's lights those were... i have little pumpkin thingers tho from last year. also i have a lot of balloons left from the picnic, and i have some streamers here.
James has a strobe light that we could prolly use if i ask nice, and me and signe have a lot of xmas lights and some halloween lights and decorations.

mariksgrl
09-27-2004, 11:23 PM
i have halloween crap to so if you want i will help out also ^_^ oh and if you wanted to know im goin as cho ryung from the manga NOW im sorry i would have told ya if i didnt have a damn ear infection >,< it hurt like crazy :waaaah: ~but yeah i can help out with decorations i think have to check though :sulk: :)

hailo
09-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Weeeee~ my e-mail loves me again so I can check threads. Woot.

Any way, on a side note. I'm going to be Princess Peach from Super Mario Sunshine (it WILL get done this time). But somebody mentioned being James from SH2. I love that game, I'm going trick-or-treating as Heather from Silent Hill 3. Yay for scary games!

Any way. Kairi I'll be a contest judge if you want. My judging skills are kind of scruffy, but hey they may be useful. I'm also willing to take on another job is need be.

Kairi G
09-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Ok Hailo, i guess the three of us will judge. that will prolly be easier too since we can get together before hand pretty easily to discuss how we will judge. And your still handling the prizes right?

Ok, so my dad is gonna have to go to the rec center to reserve it on thursday, hopefully the date will still be open. this has all been annoying and frustrating... oh sigh.

once we know for sure that we have the date and time we want, i will open pre registration. We also have to decide on an admission price for this thing. Im leaning towards $10 pre-reg, $12 at the door, does this sound good to everyone?

Ryoko-Dono
09-29-2004, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a good amount. How much is the rec center going to cost us?

Kairi G
09-29-2004, 05:39 PM
$200 for the 4 hours $150 for 3 hours, but id like to do 4. Tim and i figure that as long as we have as many people come as we did last year we can easily cover the center and everything by charging $10, it would be better tho if we charged everyone $12, but i can deal.

Mystic Blossom
09-29-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm trying to think of fun activities...what about a scarecrow decorating contest? That could be quite fun with a bunch of cosplayers dressing them up. Kinda like the Iron Cosplay we couldn't do at the picnic.

Kairi G
09-29-2004, 11:32 PM
ifyou wanna organize it, and can pay for the supplies... sounds good.... we wont have much extra money prolly.

hailo
09-30-2004, 05:06 PM
We could always do iron cosplay. I mean KuroBara has all the materials doesn't she? We could just bring them along this time.

Yes Kairi I am still the prize queen, and yes I will judge.

Kairi G
09-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Ok everyone, we have the rec center reserved. and also an admission price has been set.

October 30th 7-11pm
Niskayuna Recreation Center
Admission $10 if you pre-register $12 at the door

Pre-register at this Email: Proserpina1487@aol.com
just tell me your name and email address.

Pre-reg opens....Now!

pre-reg closes October 25th.

we will have a list at the Dance of names and emails to tell if you are pre-registered.

Also please let me know in your pre-reg email if you are able to help out with any of these things:
1.registration table
2.food table
3.selling glow sticks
4.adults to chaperone?

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS!!!!!!
Just so you all know, my dad had to put a $200 security deposit down for this event. If anything gets broken or vandalized, my family will loose $200, if everything is fine, we get it back. So absolutely no alcohol, dont show up under the influence of anything illegal, no weapons (including props), no huge costumes that could knock stuff over (not that anyone would wear something like that to a dance anyways).

Cosplay Contest Rules:
1. Any costume is elligable to enter the Contest, of course Anime/Manga/videogame is encouraged. Remember everyone, Naked is not a costume, even if you call yourself "Transforming Sailor Moon"

2. Innappropriate costumes will be disqualified at the Judges discretion.

3. No store bought or commercial costumes. No commissioned costumes.

4. Each costume will be judged on 3 things; Craftmanship, Creativity/Accuracy, and Overall Style.

5. You can only enter 1 costume in the contest. You can enter a costume on another model, but you can only win the prize if you yourself made the costume

First Prize in the Contest is a weekend pass to Anime Boston in April 2005(no hotel). But if you arent able to go to this and you do win, we will figure something out for you.

Ok i think thats all i needed to blather about for now.

mariksgrl
09-30-2004, 08:53 PM
ok cool ill get you the pre reg info asap =D!

Kairi G
09-30-2004, 08:55 PM
awesome!

also, just so you guys know....im gonna put up a quick website prolly tomorrow, i started it tonite, but then had to hw so ill work more on it tomorrow.

ShinobiHime
10-01-2004, 06:11 PM
Is there a specific time people should show up if they're going to help with decorations and set-up?

hailo
10-01-2004, 08:56 PM
We should probably meet at leaste 1/2 hour before the dance starts to set up. That sounds like a good plan.

Ryoko-Dono
10-01-2004, 09:03 PM
I was planning on getting there an hour ahead of tme, at least.

hailo
10-01-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm just not sure how early the Rec. Center will let us in. An hour is defeintly better, more time to be creative with our decorations and stuff like that. I'll find that out soonish, or have Kairi find that out.

Kairi G
10-01-2004, 09:42 PM
i think that if we can be there an hour early we should get there that early. It took a while to set up everything last year. If you want to help set up decorations, or if you have decorations to donate, plan to get there an hour early, and ill let everyone know if that changes.

Please everyone, announce this to your Anime Clubs and stuff. I would like to have a good turn out.

mariksgrl
10-01-2004, 11:42 PM
ok i think i might help with decor just ask if you need anything k??

Kairi G
10-02-2004, 12:36 AM
k guys a website is up, i just put it on my geocities account. here is the link. Ill make a banner for sigs too soon.

www.geocities.com/kairi_g1

just so ya all know....thats my first website! go me! I just learned how to do this like monday! hehe, so its not fabulous. but it works. If someone wants to give me some pics to use id love to put some lovely graphics up.

Ryoko-Dono
10-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Okay, I was really bored so I'm thinking about the decorations, wow I need a life. So, anyway, I know I'm going to do more pumpkins this year, but I'm trying to find out what faces to put on them. So, if you would, mosey on over to my LJ post (http://www.livejournal.com/users/ryoko_dono/6651.html), and tell me who you'd like to see on a pumpkin (if you dont have a lj account you can comment as annonymous(sp?)). All suggestions are welcome!

Mystic Blossom
10-03-2004, 05:08 PM
For decorations, I can get gourds, corn stalks, and all that cool stuff.

Ryoko-Dono
10-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Yea, I can get them really easily. Family, farmer. Very easy.

Kairi G
10-03-2004, 10:13 PM
yay decorations! hey guys, if anyone wants to send me a picture to put on the website that would be great. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for anything else i need to put up? I know i gotta put the directions and map to the rec center... its in plans for the next few days to do so. Should i maybe make a page with pics from last years dance?

kiwi_lady
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
i can draw somthing i think for the site if u want it o.0;
im not very good with coloring so ;;;;
if u guys really need a pic i can give some to you..

Kairi G
10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
If you give me a line art pic, then i can put the background color in or somthing.

kiwi_lady
10-04-2004, 02:58 PM
ok then :D
i'll do tht ~ hopefully my friend will let me use her scanner again o.0;
oh and is there limit to how many we can summit?

Kairi G
10-04-2004, 03:12 PM
nah, i dont care... i may only pick one to use, but feel free to send what you like!

Also on another note, just a reminder that you all should promote this to your anime clubs and such. I hope that we can at least get the number we had come to the picnic, and then some! Once i have some artwork, ill make a flyer, or if someone else wants to make one that would be awesome!

Also, we would like some more adults to be chaperones, we got at least 3 already

kiwi_lady
10-04-2004, 04:00 PM
oh yeah promotion to anime club
i'll tell about the party to BHBL Anime club
our second meeting in on this wednseday
so if u guys can make a flyer by this wednseday i'll print it
out and distribute them to the anime club.
if u guys need more time to make the flyers, should
i just make one up using a random anime pic in it and give it
to the anime club members?

hailo
10-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Kairi you know i'm always willing to doodle something up for ya. I don't think Wednesday is going to be possible for flyers. I would just make short flyers without pictures for now. Saves on ink.

I think I'll draw our picnic girl again, she seems to be our mascot now. Heh fun in a box.

Biku-Chan
10-04-2004, 05:46 PM
How far away is this place from the middle of Long Island? o.o

Mystic Blossom
10-04-2004, 06:47 PM

I'd say at least 2 1/2 hours.

mariksgrl
10-04-2004, 09:42 PM
oh kiwi queen ill let you use my scanner again ok ~ im willing to donate myself anytime ~ =D

Ryoko-Dono
10-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Well, were about half an hour/20 minutes from Albany, I always guestimate that were 3 hours from NYC... So maybe 3-4 hours. Thats my guess.

mariksgrl
10-05-2004, 11:46 AM
oh ryoko-dono how many people are helping with the decorations??

Ryoko-Dono
10-05-2004, 03:21 PM
So far your the only one whos actually emailed me to see you'd help. So I can definatly get the decorations, but if some other people will email me(Beth103188@aol.com) to say they'll help out, that'd be great.

We probably only need 5-6 people or so. But there will probably be other things that need setup... Right Kairi?

Kairi G
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
hey beth, Jen has also offered to help with decorating and such.

Is everyone telling their anime clubs about this??? hehehehe, im gonna be annoying about pre-reg numbers again! Yay! we have 19 pre-registered as of now.

kiwi_lady
10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Halloween J-pop Dance Party
Location=Niskayuna Recreation Center
Events= Cosplay contest
DDR competition
Admission:
$10 - pre-registered
or
$12 - at the door
for more information go to http://www.geocities.com/kairi_g1/index.html

thts the info paper im givin to BHBL anime club tomorrow..
do i need to add anything else?

hikura
10-05-2004, 11:05 PM
hey beth, Jen has also offered to help with decorating and such.

Is everyone telling their anime clubs about this??? hehehehe, im gonna be annoying about pre-reg numbers again! Yay! we have 19 pre-registered as of now.
Yes we have been promoting this.You can even ask chrono that i have been promoting this lol.

mariksgrl
10-06-2004, 06:46 PM
me and kiwi tol dour club today so ^-^v .......we will hopefully get some people to go

Ryoko-Dono
10-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Kairi, I had to get a ballon today... (paper mache, new idea for ryoko wig..) So when I was there I got some stuff. Do we have a guesstimate of how much cash we'll have? I'm not too worried. All I got were... 75 ballons and 1500 ft of streamers... ^^;; Its only $16.

mariksgrl
10-06-2004, 10:51 PM
what color streamers and i think i can get like hangign skeletons

Kairi G
10-07-2004, 12:35 AM
oh we will definatly have enough to cover that.

I think that we can give decor a $50 budget for now, maybe more later.

We need more people to pre-register tho before i can make any promises about budget.

Ryoko-Dono
10-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Kay, thats good. I got 500 ft each of black orange and purple. And 25 of each color ballon. Depending on how much pumpkins are I may end up paying for part of them myself, since I'm really excited about them. ^^;;

Also, are plates, napikns and cups going in with decor or food?

Kairi G
10-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Kay, thats good. I got 500 ft each of black orange and purple. And 25 of each color ballon. Depending on how much pumpkins are I may end up paying for part of them myself, since I'm really excited about them. ^^;;

Also, are plates, napikns and cups going in with decor or food?
I think right now, lets plan on incorporating plates and stuff into the decor. When we got stuff for the picnic, the decor and plates and such came to a total of a little over 50, so i could prolly give you a slightly bigger budget to include those things. So lets say a new number for the decor team is $75, but i wouldnt buy too much yet over $50, As for lights and fun stuff i think we should just borrow from friends. I have some fun lights that we could use, and we could steal james's strobe light. Let Ryoko-dono know if you can provide fun lights or anything.

We announced this to our anime club today... Did you???? hehehe get more people to pre-reg!

Would anyone be willing to be the food coordinator? We really need someone who can do the shopping and such. We are thinking of having both chips and stuff, and Japanese snacks.

I had an idea!!! I was thinking of another fun contest (a bitty one, with only a small prize). I was thinking we could have a little Halloween drawing contest. Where people could draw their favorite characters in like halloween costumes or some kind of halloween theme. Sound fun? I was thinking we could put them up with numbers and then have people vote for their favorites, instead of judging them... Does this sound like fun stuff?

kiwi_lady
10-07-2004, 04:29 PM
yeah gud idea >.< are original characters accepted or just anime chars?

Mew_Pudding
10-07-2004, 05:30 PM
*Throws self at feet* Wuaaaaaaaaaaaah! I`m so sorry! I`ve been like DEAD for the past few weeks! (Homework ish evil! And with Samhain coming up I`ve got all this preparation and stuff...x.x) and I`m so sorry I`ve been away so long! If you guys need ANYTHING at the party, lemme know, I wanna help! ^-^ I`m definitely going as Freya!

Kairi G
10-07-2004, 06:31 PM
meh, original characters are fine, i dont care.... just make it halloweeny.

man... i gotta make my robin costume.... good thing Aeris is pretty much done, thats wat im prolly wearing for the dance anyways.

Reminder to everyone, even if you have been posting and stuff here, i gotta get an email pre-reg before your on the list, so visit the website as well!

also, we are now listed on Cosplaylab.com events page, so if you are an upgraded member there, post what costume your gonna wear!!! I wanna see!

chrono
10-08-2004, 01:31 PM
Sorry guys. I really need to check this thread more often. If there is anything important, please contact me by aim or email.

What about game music?I mean there is alot of game music that is really good.
Game music is fine; but will not be the primary focus.

DJ by DJ! hahahaha
Glad you are amused <cackles>

More comments to come...

chrono
10-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Ok Hailo, i guess the three of us will judge.
I'm not sure who the other judge is, but it sounds like you'll be set. Oh. I bet it will be your mom <cackles> But if you find yourself short, do let me know :)

Also, one concern I had was that we may end up seeing a lot of the same costumes enter the contest that we did at the cosplay picnic. Do you have a policy regarding "repeat costumes"?

4. Each costume will be judged on 3 things; Craftmanship, Creativity/Accuracy, and Overall Style.
I'm trying to remember the 3 criteria we used at the picnic... I think it might have been craftsmanship, accuracy, and creativity; but unfortunately accuracy and creativity are kind of opposites...

We should probably meet at leaste 1/2 hour before the dance starts to set up. That sounds like a good plan.
There will probably be more setup involved for this than the picnic, so getting there an hour early at the ~least~ seems like a good idea to me.

*reads the next post* Okay, yes. What ryoko-dono sais XD

Nice going! I was hoping this was getting done while not attending the thread ^_^ If you would like free hosting without ads, do let me know. I can host it easily on ashitaka.myvnc.com :)

Oh yeah -- And I see no mention of karaoke there ^o^

more to come...

Mystic Blossom
10-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Chrono, I'm the 3rd judge, dahling. ^_^

Kairi G
10-08-2004, 03:32 PM
didnt mention karaoke cuz i didnt want to promise anything, i wasnt sure if you wanted to put that together. I dont want to stop the dance for karaoke, so if we wanted we could have that downstairs, but that would mean more equipment would be needed, and someone else to help with dj stuff upstairs at the dance...

For the judging, i did make a rule about not entering a costume that has won anything before or entered at another NE cosplay event. and the categories are what we used at our dance last year, and it seemed to work

Definition: Creativity and Accuracy in this case arent really opposites. Creativity refers to the way you have solved the problems posed in constructing the costume, or use of materials, artistic quality, etc... Accuracy only applies if you are doing a cosplay, as opposed to a Halloween costume (yes halloween is allowed) I will require that everyone has a reference picture for the accuracy judging. and well otherwise its pretty self explanitory.

hailo
10-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Ouch my head, so many posts! Well lets see here. I don't mind running an art contest if people want to have one. I like art . . . heh. So if people want to do that I will being accepting art submissions . . . now.

RULES!!
1. YOU MAY ONLY ENTER 2 PIECEs FOR THIS CONTEST, sorry guys.
2. YOUR PICTURE MAY FEATURE AN ANIME/MANGA/GAME/ORIGINAL CHARACTER.
3. YOUR ART MAY BE IN ANY FORMAT OR ANY MEDIA YOU SO CHOOSE, THERE ARE NO SIZE LIMITATIONS.
4. YOUR ART MUST BE HANDED TO ME (hailo/carly/princess peach) WHEN YOU REGISTER AT THE DOOR. I WILL ONLY ACCEPT SUBMISSIONS AS LATE AS 8:00 PM!!
5. YOUR PICTURES MAY NOT CONTAIN NUDITY/VIOLENCE/GORE/SEXUAL ACTIVITIES, YOU ALL KNOW THE DRILL. KEEP IT AT A PG-13 LEVEL. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH GAY/LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS THOUGH.
6. KEEP IT HALLOWEEN RELATED, OR AT LEASTE TRY REALLY HARD.
7. ALL ART MUST BE CLAIMED AT THE END OF THE NIGHT! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WORK.

I hope that gets everyone's attention. So there. Please don't send me your pictures and ask to have me print them, I don't have access to a high quality printer. Please take care of all that before hand. Make sure your name is on your artwork, your real name and cosplay.com name. I want to be able to return artwork if it is forgotten/lost. This is not an auction or an artist alley type situation. If you wish to sell your work please do it privatly. Thank you all, and if I've forgotten anything please let me know.

PRIZE: yet to be determined. Give me suggestions.

GirlGenChan
10-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Hey! I'll be going, but I don't live in Niskayuna, however I have family that does. Hopefulyl I can bring up a few Pa cosplayers with me. Cheerio!

Kairi G
10-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Hey! I'll be going, but I don't live in Niskayuna, however I have family that does. Hopefulyl I can bring up a few Pa cosplayers with me. Cheerio!
you all should pre register if you know your coming! I really need more people pre-registering.

GirlGenChan
10-10-2004, 07:19 PM
you all should pre register if you know your coming! I really need more people pre-registering.

Which person on the site I am supposed to send my pre-reg info to?

Kairi G
10-10-2004, 07:23 PM
me... proserpina147@aol.com

go to www.geocities.com/kairi_g1 for the pre reg info and just general info and such...

Also guys... I need art for stuff! and i really dont think i can draw something good enough... So someone send me something!

hailo
10-10-2004, 08:12 PM
kairi do i need to send you pre-reg stuff?

also, ryoko-dono do you want me to help with getting pumpkins? i can get them with my awsome discount at work. not a lot, but at leaste that way you won't have to get them all yourself.

Kairi G
10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
no hailo i got you on the list... Basically any of the coordinators of this thing are already on the list, i had the info i needed already.

Ok all, website has been updated with new contest info. We now have up the rules for the DDR contest and the Art contest. Please be sure to read through them all if you intend to enter said contests, same goes for the Cosplay rules.

hopefully soon i will get around to putting up a map to the rec center and such. also a page of just general rules and stuff for the dance.

Ryoko-Dono
10-11-2004, 08:56 PM
Hailo, I dont know yet how I'm getting the pumpkins. Sometimes at market my dad can just swipe stuff ^^;; so I'm gona see if he can get some uber cheap/free ones. If he can't I'll let you know though.

Also, I just remembered, my lil sis has a fog machine shes willing to let us use. So, yay fog!

Akula
10-11-2004, 11:50 PM
I still think para para would be cool. o_o

mariksgrl
10-12-2004, 12:04 PM
yyyyyaaaaayyyyyyyy fog ~ for the decor people what if we can only bring a few things?????? -___-??

hikura
10-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Hailo, I dont know yet how I'm getting the pumpkins. Sometimes at market my dad can just swipe stuff ^^;; so I'm gona see if he can get some uber cheap/free ones. If he can't I'll let you know though.

Also, I just remembered, my lil sis has a fog machine shes willing to let us use. So, yay fog!
Oh this will be so cool to get pics in.I mean spooky fog+james sunderland=great piccies.

Ryoko-Dono
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
yyyyyaaaaayyyyyyyy fog ~ for the decor people what if we can only bring a few things?????? -___-??
^_^ Fog

What do you mean exactly? Do you mean what things do we escpecially need? Lets see, I've pretty much got streamers and ballons covered. I hope, if I dont, then we're using too many. I've got the fog machine, but I think I'll need more stuff for it, but I can handle that. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I can figure that out. Um, for pumpkins I'm handeling carving faces, and Mystic will be helping with that, (if you also want to help with the carving email me and let me now asap beth103188@aol.com), I'm also thinking smaller pumpkins and gourds.

The only other things I can think of are corn stalks, (hay would be a pain to clean up) and skeletons and gravestones. Gravestones would be hard though. But I may steal some cardboard from my dad and make a few corny anime ones.

I believe that 3 or so people have voluntered to help with decorations, mariksgrl, ShinobiHime and kiwi. Yea, 3. I think we'll need 6 or so, and I'm assuming that the heads of commities, Kairi, Hailo, Mystic and so on will be able to help. So, hopefully we'll be fine, but if you want to help out, feel free to sign up.

Um, did I miss anything?

Kairi G
10-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh Oh Oh! Beth! we have some pretty silly halloween decor at JoAnns and its 50% off this week! we got silly gravestones and skeletons and craziness. We also have FOAM PUMPKINS! they look just like pumpkins but they are made of foam so that you can carve them and then they wont rot! i think they are pretty cheap, and that way you could save the pretty anime pumpkins. we should also get spiderweb! we have some of the purple table cloth plastic left from the picnic, so we could use that, but i dont know how much i got.

Also, Stephanie offered to help decorate as well.

Pre-reg count is at 23! Keep em coming guys! Send out emails to your anime clubs and stuff. send people to the website...

And dammit i want art! hehehehe! Im so crazy...

Ok i still am looking for someone to help with food. Hikura is handling the drinks, and that is totally awesome of him! If it comes down to it then i can handle buying the food...

what sorts of food do you guys think we should have... Id like to do regular old snacks, and also get stuff like Pocky and other Japanese Snacks... what kinds should we get? blah blah blah... hehehe

Mystic Blossom
10-12-2004, 11:21 PM
I can probably get my hands on a veggie platter and some soda. What kinds do people like?

Kairi G
10-13-2004, 12:10 AM
ok guys website updated again with more DDR info, and Location info.

chrono
10-13-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm really hoping this will be the last one of these for a while ^^;;

Also on another note, just a reminder that you all should promote this to your anime clubs and such. I hope that we can at least get the number we had come to the picnic, and then some!
I've been a bad chrono... I'll promote the dance via genericon and animerathon very soon this week!

Once i have some artwork, ill make a flyer, or if someone else wants to make one that would be awesome!
Yes! We need art and flyers! Those are 2 things the website needs! One more thing is that it seems like the ...

Whoosh! Look At Me, I'm A MAP! (http://www.geocities.com/kairi_g1/jpopdanceparty/map.html)
ROTFLMAO!! Erica -- You are one funny girl.

とにかく, I was going to say that the dark red text on black background (specifically on contacts) is very hard to read. Indigo or magenta would work, off-hand.

Also, we would like some more adults to be chaperones, we got at least 3 already
Who qualifies to be a chaperone? I'm going to send out a call for them when I do my mass mailing.

if u guys need more time to make the flyers, should
i just make one up using a random anime pic in it and give it
to the anime club members?
If you end up making a flyer because we haven't made one yet, we'd appreciate a copy too! (we'll definitely want some on the website for people to print out and distribute).

I'm trying to remember the 3 criteria we used at the picnic... I think it might have been craftsmanship, accuracy, and creativity; but unfortunately accuracy and creativity are kind of opposites...
Okay, I found my voting sheet. The 3 categories we used were craftsmanship, in-character and resemblence/accuracy. And while I can see how the last 2 categories may seem similar, they are different in that one is acting, the other is visual.

Definition: Creativity and Accuracy in this case arent really opposites.
Okay, yep; that makes a lot of sense now :)

I dont want to stop the dance for karaoke, so if we wanted we could have that downstairs, but that would mean more equipment would be needed, and someone else to help with dj stuff upstairs at the dance...
Okay, this is news to me. Since there would be 2 music events simlutaneously, that doesn't sound practical to me. I would personally not like to be stuck in karaoke while there's a dance going on, so I think we should axe karaoke rather than run it simultaneously. Meaning I'm still very much up for djing.

BTW, you've been doing a great job keeping the website updated, it is quite cool. I assume you use ftp to access your site? One more suggestion I had was to post the schedule on there, if we know it.

I still think para para would be cool. o_o
I have no idea if I've said this (*is too scared to go through the past posts already <cackles>*) but I am a huge fan of parapara, so you will get a decent amount of it :) ( unless you're talking about the japanese macarena, in which case... i'm less of a fan of that ^^; )

Now, if we reach a final decision that karaoke should not be offered, we will want to take that off the website as well.

Also, earlier I mentioned ftp, because I was still offering server space on my computer; but really, geocities will be more reliable, so I will retract that idea for now XD *kicks roadrunner*

*makes some mental notes*
-confirm what computers will be available
-confirm what sound systems will be available
-advertise at genericon & animerathon (& maybe rjas & meetup.com)
-work on flyer
-gather dance music -- burn to dvd
-attempt to get dance music on designated computer ahead of time

(yeah, like i can actually do all that XD)

Kairi G
10-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Whoosh... ok yea your right about the font color... i should prolly change that, its prolly harder to read on other peoples compies...

As for now i would rather keep the site on my geocities thinger cuz i have figured out how that all updates and stuff... see i dont know really how to do all this terribly well since i just learned like 2 weeks ago how to even do html... So its cool with me to just keep it here where i feel in control...

Ill take Karaoke off there.

Chaperones... Ok heres the thing with "chaperones" basically there have been a few parents from my anime club and a few people from teh picnic who wanted to be assured that other parents would be there. So basically we want parent types as "chaperones", not saying that others wouldnt be trusted, its just that a lot of these crazy over protective parent types (there are lots in my anime club) want to know that there are other parents because they feel they can trust them better. blah blah blah.....

So yea, im gonna go fix the site stuff.

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME ART!!!!! the website is crying....it is sad it has no art... and well i really dont draw good unless its a fashion sketch (its sad that i am going to art school and i cant even draw that good :P ) I guess i could attempt art, but seriously i know you guys are better than me (and hailo and kiwi... ya both said you would... :P no pressure tho XD )

Mew_Pudding
10-14-2004, 10:12 PM
*Glances around frantically* Oh, yes I remembered, what more do we need for decorations? I could probly pick some stuff up! n.n And I can probly get there as early as 4 or 5 or 6 to help set up. n.n Yay! =D

Kairi G
10-14-2004, 11:26 PM
well we prolly wont be able to go much earlier than an hour... so thats why we need plenty of people to help so we can get everything set up in that time.

Chrono~ I insist that there be some Do as Infinity played! they are my absolute favorite band ever! I have tons of their music if you want some! hehehe... just thought i should put that out there.

Oh and Hailo drew a totally cute picture of the Picnic girl in an adorable halloween costume... I cant wait til she sends it to me! i wanna put it on the site and stuff

Ryoko-Dono
10-15-2004, 07:21 AM
*Glances around frantically* Oh, yes I remembered, what more do we need for decorations? I could probly pick some stuff up! n.n And I can probly get there as early as 4 or 5 or 6 to help set up. n.n Yay! =D
I dont have time to re-type it, but if you look up a couple of posts I've outlined what needs to be done. Also, were not suer how early they'll let us is. So we can at least plan to be at 6. I hope.

Mew_Pudding
10-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Alright!! I`ll be sure to be there around 6 then! n.n

Ryoko-Dono
10-15-2004, 03:22 PM
YAY! More people to help. ^_^ Makes me all happy.

hailo
10-15-2004, 06:12 PM
WOW! That's a lot of information!

OK! EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!!! I NEED ANYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING IN THE ART CONTEST TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL OR PM (PM preffered but I know not everyone is a member of cosplay.com so . . .) THEN I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST SO I KNOW IS GOING TO BE HANDING ME ART AT THE DOOR. SEND THINGS IN!!!

Ryoko-dono, I will be accpeting pumpkins. I think thats super fun.

Kairi G
10-15-2004, 11:11 PM
whoosh... 25 preregs! but i still need many more! bash your anime clubs over the head with the info about this dance... you guys are really our only means of promotion here!

Ryoko-Dono
10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Ryoko-dono, I will be accpeting pumpkins. I think thats super fun.

^_^ Yay! Mystic and I will probably be entering some pumpkins then. I may warn you, they wont physically be handed to you, as well, they're pumpkins and I dont think you want to hold them for an extended period of time. That and I'm still planning on using them for decorations.

chrono
10-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Chrono~ I insist that there be some Do as Infinity played! they are my absolute favorite band ever! I have tons of their music if you want some! hehehe... just thought i should put that out there.
You got it. I love them. And I have an extensive collection too ^_~

Speaking of dance music; I've started preparing a directory of dance anime/jpop. I plan on having a pretty good mix of anime and jpop with a little video game thrown in. As for music which is "designed for dance", I'll try to have at least 50% of it.

But I won't let the dance theme get in the way -- I want to make sure I cover popular songs, and have a good variety.

I've already verified that there will most likely be a desktop at the dance. But this is not definite, and I need a backup anyway. So: who can bring their laptop?

Kairi G
10-19-2004, 12:22 AM
well, my family has a crappy laptop which im sure we could bring... but i dont know what you really need in the way of speed or quality... so it might be better if someone else could promise one.

Im sure that the music will be a great selection!

were up to 28 people! Keep em coming guys!

yay!

mariksgrl
10-19-2004, 01:56 PM
oh kairi i sent u a registration but i dont know if u got it???? the persons name was mike and he was 16 i need to know if u got it or not and kiwi and i have been trying our best with getting people to go ~ we shall bash some more ~ ^-^v

hailo
10-19-2004, 03:26 PM
OK! Anyone interested in the art contest SEND ME SOMETHING!! PM OR E-MAIL! PLEASE!

So far SerenaH, Mew Pudding, Ryoko-dono, Mystic Blossom and Kiwi Lady are all signed up! We need more entries! By the way everyone I just metnioed has been officially confirmed. Yay for my lazy-ness.

Mystic Blossom
10-19-2004, 03:56 PM
You got it. I love them. And I have an extensive collection too ^_~

Speaking of dance music; I've started preparing a directory of dance anime/jpop. I plan on having a pretty good mix of anime and jpop with a little video game thrown in. As for music which is "designed for dance", I'll try to have at least 50% of it.

But I won't let the dance theme get in the way -- I want to make sure I cover popular songs, and have a good variety.

I've already verified that there will most likely be a desktop at the dance. But this is not definite, and I need a backup anyway. So: who can bring their laptop?

I have a laptop that I can bring.

Ryoko-Dono
10-19-2004, 05:19 PM
well, my family has a crappy laptop which im sure we could bring... but i dont know what you really need in the way of speed or quality... so it might be better if someone else could promise one.

Im sure that the music will be a great selection!

were up to 28 people! Keep em coming guys!

yay!
Only 28? That's kinda sad. On a couple of random topics... How many chaperons do we have/need? If I get my mom to chaperon do we need to have her pay?

Do we have a ballpark estimate for budgets? I'm getting the pumpkins(6 or so) soon, although, I may pay for them with my own money, so thats not a problem. And hopefully soon I'll get plates, napkins, cups. Anything else?

Kairi G
10-19-2004, 09:48 PM
well now its 29... Ok but let me point out that like none of the 60 some geniuses in our own anime club have pre-registered yet, i figure i will pass around a sign up in the club on thursday...

as for budgets... Im gonna give you $50 right now for decorations and plates and cups and stuff... so try to get people to donate stuff

$50 will go to food as well, but DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH ENCOURAGED!!!! we want chips and snacks and Japanese snacks etc...

Hailo.... I gotta wait to see how many more people we get before i can give you an amount for the prize budget... but we for sure should do the admission to Anime Boston still... somehow.

mariksgurl~ which email did you send it too? i havent gotten one... if you want you can just post it here and ill be sure to get it.

Chaperones~ we only have 3 so far... and i guess we can make that chaperones dont have to pay.. but :( i cant be letting to many people in as "chaperones" for free... we got expenses. but yea i guess your mommy doesnt have to pay.

mariksgrl
10-19-2004, 10:11 PM
ok ~ his name is mark braiman and he is 16 i have no email from him cause his computer is mean and he doesnt want a job at the dance ~hes from our club workin on gettin more~

Ryoko-Dono
10-19-2004, 10:14 PM
well now its 29... Ok but let me point out that like none of the 60 some geniuses in our own anime club have pre-registered yet, i figure i will pass around a sign up in the club on thursday...

as for budgets... Im gonna give you $50 right now for decorations and plates and cups and stuff... so try to get people to donate stuff

$50 will go to food as well, but DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH ENCOURAGED!!!! we want chips and snacks and Japanese snacks etc...

Hailo.... I gotta wait to see how many more people we get before i can give you an amount for the prize budget... but we for sure should do the admission to Anime Boston still... somehow.

mariksgurl~ which email did you send it too? i havent gotten one... if you want you can just post it here and ill be sure to get it.

Chaperones~ we only have 3 so far... and i guess we can make that chaperones dont have to pay.. but :( i cant be letting to many people in as "chaperones" for free... we got expenses. but yea i guess your mommy doesnt have to pay.
K, I'll ask her tomarow if she wants to. I wont tell her she doesnt have to pay right off the bat. ^_^ lets see if she'll pay.

I'll get the stuff tomarow. And yea, pumpkins I'll pay for. I'll also definatly bring something like chips and slasa.

Were excpecting less than 75 people, correct? So no need for more than 150 napkins, plates and cups? Is there anyhting we'll need silverware for?

Kairi G
10-19-2004, 10:43 PM
ok thanks mariksgurl

beth~ for the picnic we got 100 plates, napkins, cups etc... and we ran out of cups. I think since we are mostly doing snacks we only need little plates, but lots of napkins... definatly want about 150 cups at the least, since people have the habit of using like 10 cups each :P

chrono
10-20-2004, 08:57 PM
I have a laptop that I can bring.
Excellent. What are the specs? I'm particularly interested in:
1) CPU speed
2) free HDD space
3) OS
4) Winamp version

It also might be a good idea if I met with you at least a day before the dance to load all the songs on and do a quick trial run.

Anyone else have a laptop we can use for the duration of the dance? We need a backup.

I'm also taking pre-dance requests! Telling me ahead of time and at the dance means I have time to get songs, if I can. Which means there's a better chance of playing the song you want :)

For now: Tell me one song you'd like to hear. No duplicate requests please XD

I'm all for variety, so the more varied and rare the song, the better chance it has of being played.

Kairi G
10-20-2004, 09:12 PM
well... lets see... you already know my demands for anything DAI...

so here is an exciting request... Coppelia no Hitsugi (kopperia no hitsugi) its the main theme from Noir... the artist is ALI project. i have it and about 6 hours of dance-able jpop from last years dance... so if you want anything from me i can supply!
also...
we got 35 people pre-registered now! yay!

EDIT: 37 people!

I need 3 more people to pre-reg to cover the budget i created... and if we break 40 then i can allow more money for prizes, food, decor, etc...

Kairi G
10-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok new update... thus the double post...

Ok we now have 43 people... which means we are totally covered for the budget i have set out. YAY!

I use the money left from the picnic ($56) to buy the japanese snacks. We have Pocky (chocolate and strawberry), frosted rice crackers, Koala cookie things, gel candies, and Flower Kiss candies. If people would like to be nice tho... contribute some more pocky! I know we will run out! I might be able to buy more if we get a considerable amount of people pre-registering soon. But if you could bring a few boxes to donate (same with other stuff too) that would be awesome!

We do still want people to donate some chips and stuff if you can! And Hikura.. your still handling the drinks correct?

Hailo... you get another $50 added on to the prize budget. which ups it to $150.

Just thought i would mention again that the deadline for Pre-Registration is the 28th

Ryoko-Dono
10-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Okay y'all. I just want you to know that as far as from my end on decorations this is what we've got(are gona get):

1500 ft of streamers (500 ft of black, orange, purple)
75 ballons (25 of black, orange, purple)
7 or so pumpkins (carved with anime faces. I hope)
200 plates
200 napkins
200 cups

This is the tenative list. If anyone wants anything like skeletons or graves, they need to speak up now or donate them. I personally think that stuff is corny as all hell, and really un-necesary.

Also, everyone who has said they can help with decorations, I'm planning on getting there at 6. Kay?

Kairi G
10-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Also anyone got fun lights you could donate??? i have xmas lights and a few other fun things. Im gonna borrow a strobe light from my friend. Does anyone have one of those cool rotating ball light things that have the different colored lights on them... dont know wat they are called... but they are cool.

black lights anyone? mine is broken.

If anyone has a string of white xmas lights... i have little pumpkins that could be put over them to make them glowing pumpkins. Let me or beth know if you have any.

and just to remind people... we will prolly have glow sticks to sell too at the dance... dont know yet how many are left from last year.. but i could prolly get some more too.

hailo
10-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Oki-doki. With $150 big smakaroo's for pirzes I will run amuk. Super fun prize break down time!

COSPLAY CONTEST
1st: All weekend pre-registered pass to Anime Boston 2005
2nd: $25 gift certificate to Jo Ann's fabric
3rd: Hikura's model set

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION CONTEST
hard level: $20 gift certificate to EB Games
easy level: $10 gift certificate to EB games

ART CONTEST
The art contest pize is a surprise! Since I'm running it I wanted it tbe a really neat thing, so therefore it's a secret! yay secrets!

Ok that's um all i have to say at this second.

hikura
10-21-2004, 08:48 PM
We do still want people to donate some chips and stuff if you can! And Hikura.. your still handling the drinks correct?

Yes i am still getting the drinks.Plus i am going to bring of course lots of ice and cups.I was going to bring about 150 to 200 cups.Think that is enough?

Ryoko-Dono
10-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Also anyone got fun lights you could donate??? i have xmas lights and a few other fun things. Im gonna borrow a strobe light from my friend. Does anyone have one of those cool rotating ball light things that have the different colored lights on them... dont know wat they are called... but they are cool.

black lights anyone? mine is broken.

If anyone has a string of white xmas lights... i have little pumpkins that could be put over them to make them glowing pumpkins. Let me or beth know if you have any.

and just to remind people... we will prolly have glow sticks to sell too at the dance... dont know yet how many are left from last year.. but i could prolly get some more too.
Of course! I forgot that I was gona ask about the strobe light. Okay, so you're handeling that. I may have a small cheapo lil color light that I can bring. Also, I'll bring two sets of 100 x-mas lights.

Hailo: Wasnt there an idea bouncing around about a prize for the costume with the most popular votes, or something?

And Hikura: Since you've got cups, I wont worry about them. Thanks!

Kairi G
10-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Be sure to get prolly 200...cheap ones... but that way we know that we wont run out like we did at the picnic. oh, if you can, im sure Ryoko would be happy if you got cups that matched the color scheme of the rest of the decor... so black orange or purple.

Thanks a lot scott!

Yea i kinda remember that Crowd favorite award... we should do that! hmmm... we should talk about how to go about doing that... you me hailo and mystic should talk it over at lunch or something.

hikura
10-22-2004, 03:54 PM
I will see what i can do about it.I can not gurantee excat matching colors.If i can not find an excat match,i will try to get clear ones so it iwll not conflict with the other colors.

Ryoko-Dono
10-22-2004, 04:05 PM
I will see what i can do about it.I can not gurantee excat matching colors.If i can not find an excat match,i will try to get clear ones so it iwll not conflict with the other colors.
I'm sure whatever color you get is fine. Do you want me to figure your cups into the deco budget, or is it a donation? Do we want to coordinate colors? If I'm getting stuff of the 3 colors, I'm gona go to this card/party store and get about a third of the napikns and plates in each color. Or whatever is cheapest.

Kairi G
10-22-2004, 05:07 PM
yes yes good plan... im sure watever you guys get will be fine. Also guys keep pushing the pre-regs! we wanna be sure we get enough people.. which means two.. but watever... the more the merrier!

hikura
10-22-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm sure whatever color you get is fine. Do you want me to figure your cups into the deco budget, or is it a donation? Do we want to coordinate colors? If I'm getting stuff of the 3 colors, I'm gona go to this card/party store and get about a third of the napikns and plates in each color. Or whatever is cheapest.
The drinks and cups are my donation.No need to pay for them.

Ryoko-Dono
10-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Kay, as long as your sure. We should be fine on the decorations budget. So, I may end up getting more snacks or something. Maybe a couple bags of candy.... Or something.

hikura
10-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Go hit up Lee's in Albany on central ave.You can get lots of good asian snacks for good prices.That or Kim's.

Ryoko-Dono
10-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Okay, I just went and got some stuff. We now have:

216 napkins
224 plates
2 table covers (one black, one orange)
2 bowls for food (on blak, one orange)
1500 ft streamers
75 ballons
6 or so pumpkins

This all cost me $31. I got the cheapest napkins/plates, they were uber cheap. Since they werent the exact type that we wanted, I've attached a pic, so you know what we've got. I believe that this is all the stuff we need. So, the question is, do you want me to spend the rest on food, use the rest on a different budget or just leave the rest of the cash alloted to decorations alone. (we have $19 to spare).

hailo
10-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Yeah I forgot about the fan favorite award. Silly me. I'll add that one in, but what to get? Hmmm. Maybe I'll just buy more manga for it. We will see what is going on when I go and get prizes.

Speaking of prizes. Kairi can you pick up the gift certificate when you go to work? You conviently work at JoAnns.

hikura
10-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah I forgot about the fan favorite award. Silly me. I'll add that one in, but what to get? Hmmm. Maybe I'll just buy more manga for it. We will see what is going on when I go and get prizes.

Speaking of prizes. Kairi can you pick up the gift certificate when you go to work? You conviently work at JoAnns.
How about an action figure of Dante from Devil may cry video game for a prize?I can get it for like 10 dollars.

Kairi G
10-23-2004, 10:28 PM
the plates and napkins are perfectly fine... nice and festive. And for the gift certificate i can prolly do it... ill see about that tomorrow, otherwise ill tell you on monday.

Beth... if you think we have enough in the way of decor then lets put that money to food... If you would be willing to help out purchasiing more japanese snacks that would be lovely. Or... i could head over to sams club and get chips and such in bulk (daddy got a membership... so now we can have bulk!). whoosh...!

Ryoko-Dono
10-23-2004, 11:11 PM
the plates and napkins are perfectly fine... nice and festive. And for the gift certificate i can prolly do it... ill see about that tomorrow, otherwise ill tell you on monday.

Beth... if you think we have enough in the way of decor then lets put that money to food... If you would be willing to help out purchasiing more japanese snacks that would be lovely. Or... i could head over to sams club and get chips and such in bulk (daddy got a membership... so now we can have bulk!). whoosh...!
If someone else has the capabilities to drive, that would be the prefered. I cant think of anywhere local that carries japaness snacks and I lack a car.

Kairi G
10-23-2004, 11:23 PM
oh yea... 44 people pre-registered!

hikura
10-24-2004, 12:37 PM
If someone else has the capabilities to drive, that would be the prefered. I cant think of anywhere local that carries japaness snacks and I lack a car.
There is two places i already mentioned that carry japanese snacks.They are both on central ave in albany.
One is Lee's 1170 central ave.518-459-5250.I know lees is open pretty late on a regular basis.
Second place is Kims 1649 central ave 518-869-9981.I am not sure when kims times are.

kiwi_lady
10-24-2004, 12:55 PM
kims end around like 8 oclock accordin to my dad :O

Kairi G
10-24-2004, 07:00 PM
yea i went to lees to get the stuff i have so far... simply because they have a bigger selection of stuff

ok and im am gonna get a bunch of snacks at sams club. So what do people want in the way of snacks

hailo
10-24-2004, 07:21 PM
I think Kim's is near the Costumer. I remeber Kairi, Yummy and I stopped there once on a cosplay mission.

Hikura - I like the idea, but I'm not sure if everyone else will. No offense of course, I just don't know how many people like Devil May Cry. Are there any other models you can get?

Kairi G
10-24-2004, 07:40 PM
It would be great if somebody could help out with some more japanese snacks. I do not have time to go out again to buy anything this week except to sam's club which will prolly be on saturday. i have a ton of sewing and hw to do this week. so it would be nice if someone could make the effort to go get a little more stuff.. maybe some more pocky... and candy, we werent able to get much candy.

hikura
10-24-2004, 08:10 PM
I think Kim's is near the Costumer. I remeber Kairi, Yummy and I stopped there once on a cosplay mission.

Hikura - I like the idea, but I'm not sure if everyone else will. No offense of course, I just don't know how many people like Devil May Cry. Are there any other models you can get?
Acutally the costumer moved way down central ave.They are acutally now nearer to schendaty then albany(costumer is now like 1995 central i think is there store location).
I do not have any dupilicates of my action figures that i can doante.I prize my action figures that i like way to much to hand over without being properly compesanted lol(i sound greedy but i prize my stuff way to much).As those prizes that i am donating are pretty nice and out of my pocket(the cost to me was 35 dollars).I will still check into aquilonia though.He(the owner) might still have a few AH!My Goddess figures left.They are not much.Last time i looked he had three action figures but they were somewhere between 8 to 10 dollars each.I can not afford to buy them out of pocket and donate them this week.Sorry.
Same thing goes KariG.I can not afford to go to Lee's and purchase the snack out of pocket.I need to pay real life bills this week cause if i do not my car will get either repo'ed or i will be hit with a major late fee for my car payment.
But the good news is that i have all the soda and cups we need.I have well over 200 cups plus some of them are orange(the rest are clear).

Kairi G
10-24-2004, 10:25 PM
thats fine dont worry about it... im sure we will be fine

chrono
10-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Okay, I've now promoted this event through the following channels:
-Albany Anime Meetup: event (http://anime.meetup.com/11/events/?eventId=3571608&action=detail) & ML
-Animerathon: site (http://ashitaka.myvnc.com) & ML
-Genericon: bbs (http://genericon.union.rpi.edu/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72)
-RPI's Anime Club: ML (currently pushing for this)
-RPI's DDR Club: ML (hoping this happened already)
I'm expecting quite a few pre-regs in the next week ^_^

Erica: I need a phone number where people traveling to this event can call if they get lost. Does the recreation center have a phone number which can reach us the whole time during the dance? This is for meetup.com, where you can see I made up a phone number of (518) 123-4567, which I really hope no one tries to call...

I still think we need a flyer, but I'll be damned if I can actually do anything on this front. I'm busy enough trying to get the music together ^^; The good news is I've confirmed roughly 3-4 computers for this cause -- I want to be very sure we have at least 2 there, just in case. The PA system is quite squared away (same one used at picnic), unless someone has a better one, or an easier one to us.

Kairi G
10-26-2004, 05:27 PM
yea phone # ill find that...
ah ha! 372-2519
that # i believe will work even tho its not work hours... cuz i think its the one at the front desky thing. so yea you can use that one.

Ok we got 45 people pre-registered! yay! Also, sometime soonish i will put up the schedule for the events and also i want everyone to spread the word that the DEADLINE FOR PRE-REGISTRATION IS THIS THURSDAY!!!!

yay!

oh and beth.. its $31 that we owe you correct?

Ryoko-Dono
10-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Yep. Thats it. I still have to check if we have enough stuff for the fog machine. But I dont have enough time to go out and get stuff anyway. So the machine probably wont be in opperation the ENTIRE night. But most of it.

hikura
10-26-2004, 07:59 PM
I just want to get a few piccies me in the fog cause it is so perfect for James lol.*i ish a geek lol*.Speaking of whic anyone doing offical photographs for this event?

mariksgrl
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
what kinda fog machine do u have cause i can get some of the fog juice for u

Ryoko-Dono
10-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Ummm... thats a good question. *runs and looks* It appears to be a Fog lite FX. *shrugs* I've never used it. I still need to have my sis explain how it works to me. ^^;; We have half a bottle left. I think. I have no idea how much it uses. If you do end up getting some, I can repay you or we may be able to take it out of deco budget.

Mew_Pudding
10-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi all! ^_^
I just wanted to stop by and let everyone know that I`ll be bringing at least 2 people who can`t pre-reg. x.x! Sorreh. ;_; I would love to come early to help set up and stay late to help clean up if you like! ^_^

Kairi G
10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
feel free to come early or stay late or both... all the help we can get is lovely!

ok we have right now 48 people pre-registered and a whole bunch stillfrom my own anime club who are too lazy, and if stephanie is bringing two others... then we got well more than 50 which makes me a happy girl. My goal is to ha ve at least 60 people come. However we do have our budget covered as long as we get at least 45 people so id say we are set!

Beth, if you do end up spending more be sure to tell me so i can put it on our budget sheet. dont worry about spending more than the budget tho... cuz we got plenty of moneys at the moment.

Ok so can everyone planning on coming early to help set up give me an email to let me know how many we will have...

also, is anyone planning on bringing some snacks to donate so i can know how much to buy.

Ryoko-Dono
10-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Kairi, I was just gona ask about that. Is there any food we need/want to be donated?

mariksgrl
10-28-2004, 11:56 AM
well ok im goin to buy some of the fog stuff and hopefully it will work i dont kow how much it costs though but if its alot of money then i think u might have to pay me back ( if its more than 10$) mmk and i think i might be able to donate something i have to check with my mom bought that , also im coming early with lets see kiwi and two of my friends and we are goin to help set up with you~~

Mew_Pudding
10-28-2004, 03:13 PM
Yay! Alright, I`ll definitely be there early! ^_^ I can`t wait! I have a question though, are there like bathrooms or somewhere to change?? o.o;;; *has a costume wif a bazamillion pieces* x.x

Kairi G
10-28-2004, 05:19 PM
yes there are bathrooms and such

and if anyone wants to bring either chips and stuff or japanese snacks that would be good!

Good news everyone! we have 59 people pre-registered

TONITE IS THE PRE-REG DEADLINE!!!!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!!

Ryoko-Dono
10-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Wow, all of this is uber good news to end my crappy day. ^_^ Mariksgrl, thank you so much, I can definatly pay you back.

So, we definatly have at least 6 or so people arriving early? Thats good. I'll be brining 2 pairs of scissors, various types of tape and such for affixing stuff.

hikura
10-28-2004, 05:30 PM
I will be there early to help set up.

mariksgrl
10-28-2004, 05:43 PM
oh make a pre reg of mike anderson /age:15 or 16/doesnt want a job/no email he had his computer taken away T-T~and also im buying the juice stuff tonight and i have to bust my ass on my costume >.< k then bye~

Kairi G
10-28-2004, 11:53 PM
mike is added...

we got 63 people! YAYAY!!!!!! We met what i thought was a ridiculously high goal! Im a happy girl....

and Pre reg is closed as of 6 minutes ago

Ryoko-Dono
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
I am going to cry. Mystic should too. I just looked and the pumpkins she and I made COMPLETELY molded over. Its disgusting. I am gona go have a hissy fit and cry....

I have more pumpkins left. So I'll try and carve them tonight or tomarow. If anyone wants to see what they looked like PRE mold, Mystic has a pic in her gallery of hers, and heres the link to mine (http://www.geocities.com/neoqueenryokoakaneyuy/cons/sailormoonpumpkin.jpg) (CG courtesy of Mystic).

Mystic Blossom
10-29-2004, 08:31 PM
I am going to cry. Mystic should too. I just looked and the pumpkins she and I made COMPLETELY molded over. Its disgusting. I am gona go have a hissy fit and cry....

I have more pumpkins left. So I'll try and carve them tonight or tomarow. If anyone wants to see what they looked like PRE mold, Mystic has a pic in her gallery of hers, and heres the link to mine (http://www.geocities.com/neoqueenryokoakaneyuy/cons/sailormoonpumpkin.jpg) (CG courtesy of Mystic).

*cries* If only we didn't have to make them so early. I'm gonna make a better one closer to Halloween next year...

chrono
10-29-2004, 09:08 PM
we got 63 people! YAYAY!!!!!! We met what i thought was a ridiculously high goal! Im a happy girl....
As am I!!!

Well ... okay, not a girl ... But I'm definitely happy XDDD

And hey, I just came back from SUNY's anime club (which had about 20-30 members and even a cosplaying member at the meeting!) and I advertised the dance! The club prez will be emailing the list tonight; let's see if any turn up!

Mystic has a pic in her gallery of hers, and heres the link to mine (CG courtesy of Mystic).
Oh man; I would have ~loved~ to have seen that up close -- Awesome job!

*works on more music!* ^^;

Kairi G
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Im gonna cry too.....poor pumpkins!

and we do have a strobe light... james had to practically break into my house to drop it off but we have it :P

JUST A REMINDER... there are NO WEAPON PROPS ALLOWED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

and here is some junky news... we cant arrive before 630... so we only got a half hour to set up. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYONE PLANNING TO COME AT 6!!!!!! I dont want people showing up before we are allowed to be there.

hikura
10-29-2004, 10:50 PM
Im gonna cry too.....poor pumpkins!

and we do have a strobe light... james had to practically break into my house to drop it off but we have it :P

JUST A REMINDER... there are NO WEAPON PROPS ALLOWED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

and here is some junky news... we cant arrive before 630... so we only got a half hour to set up. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYONE PLANNING TO COME AT 6!!!!!! I dont want people showing up before we are allowed to be there.
Why can't we arrive at 6 like planned?

Kairi G
10-29-2004, 11:19 PM
cuz the rec center wont let us.. its their rule.. and i was just informed of this today. If we arrive at 6 it would count as another hour... and we only paid for 4 hours. not 5

Ryoko-Dono
10-29-2004, 11:23 PM
And paying for more un-necesarily is ALWAYS bad. Okay. Check, show up at 6:30. Wow, good thing we dont have more decor, because we definatly wouldnt have time for it.
And despite the infinte sadness, I enlisted my lil sis and we got 3 pumpkins done tonight. I'm not tellin' who they are. But my sis's is VERY adorable.

Mew_Pudding
10-30-2004, 04:14 PM
I have bad news, I`m so sorry but, I can`t stay late to help clean. >.<;;; Some of my friends have to be back home a little earlier. I`m really sorry that I haven`t been much help. >.<; School. ;-;

Kairi G
10-30-2004, 04:23 PM
ah thats fine pudding... dont worry bout it...

so yea we got lots of snacks today... all will be super i think...

remember guys... NO WEAPONS OR LARGE PROPS!!!! And dont come until 630 if your helping set up.

Also... anyone got some clipboards you could maybe bring for judging purposes... i only can find one.

Kairi G
10-30-2004, 11:57 PM
Ok guys thanks for a great time! I really hope that you all enjoyed yourself. We made 630 dollars from admission, Im not sure yet what the Profit will be yet... since i gotta get all the numbers straight. Congrats to all the winners!
Ill be updating the site as soon as i get pics and stuff with a gallery... If there is anyone who DOES NOT want to have their pic on the site let me know.

Thanks again guys!

chrono
10-31-2004, 02:45 AM
Good job planning guys! I had a good time :)

I wish I got a chance to vote -- I didn't even notice that we had to vote by paper and stuff since I was djing but yeah. I want to see the art too ^^

Sorry I couldn't get all your requests guys -- I was stupid and left my huge binder of mixes at home; that and there were tons of requests! Thank you ^.^

Well, for now I'll be busy helping plan for a couple events going on at SUNY Albany in the next couple months: a Karaoke event in early Dec and a Japanese cultural day. If anyone is being updated on these event, please let me know!

Ryoko-Dono
10-31-2004, 08:50 AM
Kairi, is it possible for us to get our reference pics back? I forgot to ask for it last night, and the sheet I gave you is the only decnet pics I've found. (Yea, I'm wierd and save reference pics. oh well)

Mew_Pudding
10-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Yay!!! I had so much fun!!! ^.^ *Runs around in circles and falls over* I`m so happy! =D Thank you guys so much!! *bowbowbow* I can`t wait until next year! (And Genericon, wheee!!)

hikura
10-31-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the wonderful time.Christine and i had loads of fun.

kiwi_lady
10-31-2004, 10:00 AM
thanks for the great party >.< my friends and i had fun;;; (we were the hyper active tangoing ppl.;;)

Kairi G
10-31-2004, 12:26 PM
ryoko, yea i can get it back to ya in school.
Im glad everyone had fun! :)

Mew_Pudding
10-31-2004, 02:26 PM
No I hafta wait until Genericon for my next Anime fun-ness thing. *Sigh/whimper* ;_; Og but, I will have a new costume for it! Yay! Me and Anna (a.k.a. Alice) are being Juri and Shiori from Utena! Onyl `cuz we realized how bored we`d be until Boston. ;-;

Kairi G
10-31-2004, 11:47 PM
ohohoh there is an Utena group being put together for genericon... my friend Kat (she was in the super big plaid skirt) is putting it together... want me to tell her bout you guys?

mariksgrl
11-01-2004, 12:40 PM
had loads of fun should have like one for christmas or somethin k bye bye and sry we didnt come early had to put finishing touches on costumes -__-;;

Mew_Pudding
11-01-2004, 03:23 PM
That`d be awesome, Erica!!! =D Sounds like there`s lotsa people going!!^_^

hikura
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Just was wondering about this.I did not see Shinobi hitomi.Was she there?

Kairi G
11-01-2004, 08:12 PM
She was perforiming with a band and wasnt sure if she would make it. I was sad she couldnt make it.

chrono
11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Just was wondering about this.I did not see Shinobi hitomi.Was she there?
I think you mean shinobihime XD

(while a ninja eye would be keen and all...)

Kairi G
11-01-2004, 08:47 PM
ah yes, i miss read that... hmmm then in that case... i dont know who you speak of....

hikura
11-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Yes sorry i meant her.My mistake.Plus now since chrono mentioned that i remember her that she might not be there lol.

ShinobiHime
11-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Hello guys! Sorry I couldn't make it to the dance...I should've gone there instead of performing, because the audience was the most disrespectful one I've ever seen! At least I know where I'm going next year...the dance, for sure.
Sorry again that I couldn't make it... :lost:

Kairi G
11-02-2004, 07:20 PM
we forgive you dear :P sorry your audience sucked. we all missed you much!

chrono
11-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I got some pics up!
http://ashitaka.myvnc.com/cosplay/

Tell me what you think! I didn't want to use cosplay.com because I hate the upload feature, and I don't like the image size restriction.

Details to come soon. You can tell from the file names, for the most part, how much info I know about the images, so if I'm missing anything, do tell :)

If you want your image removed, just let me know and I'll fix it.

kiwi_lady
11-02-2004, 11:48 PM
oww i like the pics bery purty >.< (just got done with chem HW...) thank you very much! oh by the way can i use some of the pics (as long as people dun mind about them being on the web) for my site and my cos pic for cosplay.com thingy? (i dunt own a scanner nor a DC so icant put any of my pic up :( )

chrono
11-03-2004, 12:16 AM
oh by the way can i use some of the pics (as long as people dun mind about them being on the web) for my site and my cos pic for cosplay.com thingy?
That would be no problem -- Can you let me know where you use them (so I can check them out and link to them) and link to my site in reciprocation? Thanks!

kiwi_lady
11-03-2004, 05:48 PM
ok~ my site is www.kiwistory.wo.to which is going under MAJOR construction cuz its being VERY VERY evil :( and yeah sure i'll link ur site :D

chrono
11-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Okay, I added your link! When you actually add the pics to the site, please tell me the URLs :)

I also added gerenal cosplay links to it -- If people have other links which I should include, do tell!

Mystic Blossom
11-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Those look lovely, Chrono. Could I put the one of me in my gallery?

Kairi G
11-03-2004, 11:39 PM
yea i saved one of em, but i dont know if ill use it anywhere yet... ill be sure to credit you if i do tho.

on the same subject of pics... Does anyone have a decent pic of my Aeris costume... because i would like to post a completed pic and im too impatient to wait for tim to get his pics developed! :P

Also... final profit count... $198 which will go for the reservation on the Picnic pavillion... next summer we are gonna aim to have the picnic earlier in either july or august, and we are going for the big pavilion....

DJ, could you let me know the deadline and price of advertising in teh Genericon Program? Id really like to be able to put an ad in there to get more people coming... maybe we can try for the AB program too!

Ryoko-Dono
11-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Kairi, I have a fairly decent pic. Its on my digital though, so I wont have it until saturday. If you want it though I'll send it to ya.

Kairi G
11-04-2004, 10:18 PM
that would rock deary... cuz who knows when tim will get me the pics... hes kinda lazy.

Mew_Pudding
11-05-2004, 09:14 AM
I took like 5 piccies because my Mommy`s digital camera had no batteries. *Sob* Hopefuly I`ll get them up soon. n.n

hikura
11-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Mew_Pudding your mom should have asked one of us for battieres.I had Triple A and Double A batteries with me lol.

chrono
11-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Those look lovely, Chrono. Could I put the one of me in my gallery?
Go for it! Just let me know when it's posted ^^

ill be sure to credit you if i do tho.
Awesome!

Does anyone have a decent pic of my Aeris costume...
I wish... I think both of us were too busy for me to get a good one of you at least. I'll see the ones others took XD

DJ, could you let me know the deadline and price of advertising in teh Genericon Program?
No one from Genericon was online just now, so I just emailed the staff list with the query. I will get back with you when I get a response!

Mew_Pudding
11-06-2004, 10:19 AM
X.x; *Thud* Engh. ;-; *Thwacks head* Oopsies. n.n;

Kairi G
11-06-2004, 10:57 AM
thanks Chrono! I really think that we can get a bunch more people if we advertise early in places like the conbook! yay!

Ryoko-Dono
11-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Kairi, I just emailed ya one. And we definatly need to remember about reference pics. ^^;; wow me and my memory.

Kairi G
11-06-2004, 10:44 PM
thanks ryoko, i just posted it! yea... we should remember that...

hailo
11-09-2004, 04:46 PM
mmmm long time no post. life has been . . . insane. just got back from Nekocon and i want to say that the dance totally rocked!

i had a strange idea . . . what would everyone think of doing a big formal cosplay ball? kairi mentioned one that happened in conneticut i think. but it might be fun (expensive though). many, mystic and i chatted about it on the 10 hour drive back from Nekocon. i think it might be something to consider.

kiwi_lady
11-09-2004, 05:10 PM
omg i think we should do it!! formal cosplay dance +_+ i think it would be so much fun!

chrono
11-09-2004, 10:39 PM
i had a strange idea . . . what would everyone think of doing a big formal cosplay ball?
Definitely sounds ambitious, but if it ends up happening, I'd be happy to take care of sound as usual ^_~