PDA

View Full Version : XXXholic Yuuko costume help

AniMajor
09-17-2004, 05:16 PM
I can't figure out what colors should be on one of Yuuko's costumes. The first attachment is the costume itself, and I though going with black and white would be fine, but later on in the manga, Yuuko mentions that the red baseball bat she gets matches her outfit. I also realized this is CLAMP, too, and stuff isn't usually two colors.

The second attachment is the colored version I'm thinking of doing.

Dia
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Ooh, I like she scheme you posted! The first thing that came to mind for me would be Itachi-style, from Naruto, with white clouds and red borders. I love the red with gold, though.

Catpaw
09-18-2004, 12:36 AM
*Nods, nods, agrees w/ Dia* I like the idea too... ^^ (I like XXXHolic too and plan Yuko costume myself)

Well u could do it in blue or a bluish grey... ^^"

bunnybeth
09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Many of the color images of Yuuko I've seen have color schemes of black and red. So, I'd imagine your colored image to be pretty close to what that outfit would be in color. Somehow it suits her.

Pink Bunnie
09-20-2004, 05:30 PM
I love the red and gold! Its totally XXXholic style with that color scheme. I'd go with that design.

Niku-Sama
09-20-2004, 08:29 PM
I think it might look nice with red clouds with white outlines but that is just me

AniMajor
09-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Here's what it looks like in red and white.

KuroBara
09-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Ooh! I'm sorta-kinda planning this costume and was going to go red / white, but I really like the idea of a gradient in the border. You should definitely go for it! Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to apply the design? I'm reading up on silkscreening.

AniMajor
09-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I was thinking of doing felt or something, then bordering it gold puff paint. I'd love to do silkscreening or embrodery, but I don't have the resources right now.

bunnybeth
09-21-2004, 10:38 AM
That is a very Chinese sort of design on her outfit, and the red and gold color scheme is very Chinese as well. However, the red and white do look nice.

I don't know if felt would work well. You wouldn't be able to wash it or anything and it would be pretty easy for the design to tear. Maybe something like applique would work? I don't think it would be much harder or more expensive. I was planning on trying out applique for the designs on a costume I'll be starting soon.

Fragmentor
09-21-2004, 08:22 PM
i think red black and gold would work really well, i like what youve done with the color scheme - it look very CLAMP *YAY*

i think a flat fabric paint would look good, screen-print can give very nice results too, but yes, the resources can be a pain, ( and the paint is NOT cheap!!)

Good luck

Stahr*chan
09-21-2004, 09:14 PM
definatly Red and Gold, and do it wholely in fabric paint, felt ish just, icky ;_;

Hilary
09-22-2004, 10:41 PM
I am planning on making this outfit all in red with a white/gold cloud base with black outlines. I took the baseball bat matching the outfit line to mean that her entire outfit is a deep red, even though CLAMP fills it in with black in the manga. This is a sharp outfit,and will look good in any color, I think!
For the clouds, I will be using applique. Should work well for me.