PDA

View Full Version : ACen 2005: Questions Thread

JRWheeler
09-20-2004, 09:01 PM
ACen 2005 is just 8 months away. This is the thread where you post everything.

Are you going??
Who are you going with??
Are you cosplaying??
If so, as who??
What are you going to do there??
Other:

Im going to go! This will be my first year going to an Anime Convention. Also, itll be my first year cosplaying as well. Im cosplaying as Sango (Traveling) from Inu Yasha and -->crossplaying: K (Claude Winchester) from Gravitation. Im making my own Hiraikotsu too. Too bad the limit is 4ft for props. Im assuming that it'll still be 4ft, because it was last year. At least I saw 4ft on Acen Guy Brown's website. What exactly is a con all about?? Is it just booths with merchandise?? Is there anything to do?? Im just totally clueless. ^^;; ..

faerieskater
09-20-2004, 10:26 PM
well this coming year will be my first ACen, but i have gone to anime iowa that past 2 years.

I will cosplaying as safety from risky/safety and also my eiko carol from ffix.

I also have some questions about it. Is it gonna be in the same hotel it was last year so i can go ahead and make reservations now, and anyone know how much the room rates are?

Dali-Lamb
09-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, this'll be my fifth ACEN going experience. I am going to reprise and re-do my Cammy costume, and i'm hoping to get my two sisters to be Chun-li and Blanka, and my friend to do M.Bison(or Vega, whichever translation you like, basically big shadowloo guy-not claw man ^-^; ). It should be pretty awesome!

JR Wheeler: there's always tons of stuff to do at a con, especially ACEN. There's a huge dealer's room in the convention center(a place seperate from the hotel) there's a gaming room(including ddr goodness), and tons of panels(including ones with voice actors, and japanese creators of anime shows). Also, a lot of ppl throw room parties. And, there are two dances; the soap bubble(friday night), and another one on saturday night. Also, there's the masquerade/costume show, which is always a lot of fun; you can either enter a skit, or show off a costume.
I'm really lookin' forward to it, and i think you'll enjoy it a lot, so enough with my ramblings.

~Dali-Lamb

bunnybeth
09-21-2004, 11:10 AM
This will be my 5th ACen as well. I'll be going with my same group of friends, and my costumes are TBD. There is a high likelihood that I'll be rewearing Water Pretear (planned for Ohayocon) and that I'll be making Stir's ballgown (from King of Bandit Jing) but that depends on fabric.

The 4ft prop rule has been used the past couple of years, so I'm thinking it will be in place again for '05. Also, I'm sure the 6in rule for costume parts will be coming back as well.

The dates were just recently announced (May 13-15 2005) and as far as I know it will be in the Hyatt Regency O'Hare again. However, pre-reg is not open yet and hotel con rates have not been announced yet. So, if you reserve a room (if you even can) I don't think you could get the discount rate. You may want to check at the ACen website (http://www.acen.org/) since I think the rates will be announced there first.

momo_no_unmei
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi! ^.^ This will be my second year at ACEN!
I'll be doing a rather large(and still growing) Utena cosplay group! (we've actually been working on the costumes diligently since about mid-july!)
I guess my advice is the same as everyone elses: Check the ACEN website for all the info! ^.~ I'm sure it'll be awesome again!

JRWheeler
09-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Ok thanks. And the acen forums announced that it will be at the Hyatt once again. 2005 is the final year for ACen at the Hyatt. Contract expires. And ACen 2006 will be somewhere different.

bunnybeth
09-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi! ^.^ This will be my second year at ACEN!
I'll be doing a rather large(and still growing) Utena cosplay group! (we've actually been working on the costumes diligently since about mid-july!)
I guess my advice is the same as everyone elses: Check the ACEN website for all the info! ^.~ I'm sure it'll be awesome again!

Yay for Utena cosplay! What characters do you have so far? I saw a SKU group with a Mikage cosplayer last year and it made me so happy. :) Kurobara is the best.

momo_no_unmei
09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Alright! Another Utena fan!! *^_^* Well, we have an Utena(me), Anthy, Nanami, Miki, Kozue, ChuChu, a freaky Nanami stalker in a cow suit and even a Dios so far! heheh, it's funny thou...our group just seems to keep getting bigger! Who knows who else we may pick up bfore the actual con! We're also hoping to be able to participate in the masquerade! >^.^< That'd be so fun!!
Unfortuneately, we don't have a Mikage cosplayer(yet anyway...we actually have aquired a wig that looks like him thou! hahah, so all we'd need is a person and to make the costume! ^_~)

Hinataheights
09-24-2004, 11:47 AM
This will be my 2nd year going :)

ChibiRydia
09-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Wow. I really want to go.

As for what I'm going to do there, I would likely go to the dealers room, take a few pictures, etc. That's about it.

momo_no_unmei
09-24-2004, 07:02 PM
ill have to check out the website though when it gets closer to the time so i can see if i can enter any of the costume contests and what not. i really want to get into it this year. also...i dont have time to right now (check the website) so if anyone just knows off the top of their head...im going to be submitting artwork and don't know how to go about doing that. like i said its probably on the website but i gotta go! so if anyone knows, post post post! thanks so much
:bigtu:

Ahahah...^.^;; i'm also not really sure how to enter into anything...maybe somebody randomly reading this forum knows more? but...i'm sure it'll be on the website eventually! i've just gotta get my butt there and ask some questions! or i could be lazy and ask them here! haha! but does anybody know from experience what doing the masquerade is like? that'd be awesome if anyone could relay some experience! Maybe meet people at ACEN too!

Rydain
09-26-2004, 07:21 PM
The dates were just recently announced (May 13-15 2005)

WHEW! I was afraid that the con would conflict with our good friends' upcoming May wedding, but it turns out that the wedding is 2 weeks afterward, so we can go to ACEN after all! :D *does a happy dance*

At any rate...my friends and I (including the two who are getting married) are planning on a fairly large Dynasty Warriors 4 group, and I really hope to drag them all into the masquerade. I'm crossplaying Zhang He and my husband is going as Xiahou Dun. Other characters include Yue Ying and Sun Shang Xiang (crossplay). There will be more, but some people haven't confirmed whether or not they're coming, and I can't remember who the others are portraying. My husband's and my costumes are currently in progress. If I manage to get them done early, I'll probably redo some parts of my Berserker Rikku costume and rewear it. (Yes, that means I'll actually have a horn this time around... :p)

R1KKu
09-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Hehe, whether Im poor or not, Im going. Definately not missing this one for anything. It'll be my 3rd year. Probably going to redo some Rikku costumes, maybe some of my Inuyasha costumes, which are in progress now for AR, and I want to get a Ghost in the Shell costume finished by May, Im really hoping for this one to be done by then.

-Nayami-
09-27-2004, 12:50 PM
2005 will be my second year attending ACen. I'm already excited ^_^

I'll be going as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist, Shigure from Fruits Basket, and Sai from Hikaru no Go.

momo_no_unmei
09-27-2004, 04:00 PM
2005 will be my second year attending ACen. I'm already excited ^_^
I'll be going as Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist, Shigure from Fruits Basket, and Sai from Hikaru no Go.
^_^ awesome! i luv both fullmetal alchemist and fruits basket!! (althou i haven't seen Hikaru no Go...and that's alotta costumes for one weekend! wow ya must be busy! (like i can talk...i'm tryin to make about 3 costumes per person in about a 7 person utena group....^.^;; eheheheh....)
I'll hafta come find ya! i have a friend who's probably gonna go as Lust from fullmetal! ^.^ sugoi na!

Jen-neko
09-28-2004, 11:10 AM
I've never been to ACen before, but my bf's college anime club is going (from North Dakota :P), so I wanna try and make it this year from Minnesota to be with him =^_^= I don't know who I'll be going as yet, though I am planning Kagome from Inu-Yasha for Anime Detour in MN, so I'll at least have that :3

Oh, and Utena rules! :D I was planning an Utena costume months ago (Utena herself, that is), but that kinda was a flop :/ I dunno if I'll attempt to work on it again or not. I would still like to do Black Rose Duelist Tsuwabuki, though......:3 Maybe I'll strive for him =^^=

So, yeah, see you around the forums!

momo_no_unmei
09-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Oh, and Utena rules! :D I was planning an Utena costume months ago (Utena herself, that is), but that kinda was a flop :/ I dunno if I'll attempt to work on it again or not. I would still like to do Black Rose Duelist Tsuwabuki, though......:3 Maybe I'll strive for him =^^=

So, yeah, see you around the forums!
Yay! Utena! if ya do Tsuwabuki we'll hafta find ya at ACEN and get some group shots! ^.^ our Nanami's been looking for a Tsuwabuki to torture...(she is a very scary Nanami too...) *ahem* yes! Utena photoshoot at ACEN! Woot!

DaphHime
10-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Are you going??

Why of corse! I wouldn't miss it for anything. I had so much fun at the last two Acens I went to. Unless I have something major like a school related thing the same weekend, which to my knowlage I don't. :)

Who are you going with??

If I'm lucky, I'll be bunking with a bunch of my cosplaying buddies. If not, you'll see me running around between my groups of friends. I hope it isn't the latter, because that's all I did at the last Acen.

Are you cosplaying??

Of corse!

If so, as who??

If I'm lucky, all the characters in my sig. Excel, Tira, Inaho and Haruko. It's still too early to decide what on which day. Everything is subject to change.

What won't I do there!? I'll defantly see if any Guests of Honor will be there that I'm intrested in. Dealer's Room is a definte, and what ever else my friends want to do.

Other:

I'm thinking of participating in the masquarade this time. Though that's highly debateable since I prefer the smaller masqurades. And I don't think there is anything else I can think of to put down here. :p

Yumeko
10-08-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm still up in the air about if I am going to ACen...too many people have sent me e-mails saying I should avoid the con cause I am meanspirited :blubber:

But If my boyfriend staffs again this year, I may come and closplay...I dunno, the anime convention scene hasn't really been to kind lately

BTW congrats on the baby ChibiRydia *hugs and hands you a bouquet of flowers*

Jen-neko
10-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I'm actually on the fence right now about whether or not I'll be attending, since there's another con I plan on going to that's around the same time, and I may not recooperate in time (money-wise :P) for ACen. But hey, I'll try :3

Jgo Factor
10-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Wow, a question bout next year's ACEN w/Reactor just around the corner. The only things I've planned out so far for next year is that I'll be going all 3 days, have a room and probably use some of the costumes I'm gonna use at Reactor. All that & I plan to have fun like usual :wave: .

Shaft
10-09-2004, 12:33 PM
I will be there. As for cosplay... I met a really good bodycast maker and I might tbe going as a Guyver unit. Just like on bioweapons.com.

keitaro849
10-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Are you going??

Definatelly ^_^

Who are you going with??

I'm not sure maybe i can get one of my friends to come with me. My sister isn't around anymore.

Are you cosplaying??

Ya.

If so, as who??

Kenshin again or maybe something else if i can find a cheap way out

Have my band play and hopefully we'll sound good. Spend all me money. See my girlfriend. Find a dejiko to hug. take pictures. party. perhaps go to the video rooms or video game rooms.

YU-Yu_Ri_Pa-NA
10-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Are you going??

Well, if I'm posting in this thread, then OBVIOUSLY I am :P

Who are you going with??

Most likely my friend Sylwia.

Are you cosplaying??

Plan to..

If so, as who??

I want to have a Temari from Naruto, murder nurse and possibly a Chii or Popstar Yuna by ACen 05!

WASTE MY LIFE!!! YAY!!!

Other: It's only my second year..but..I'm already hooked. GO ACEN!

ACen 05' is the last year at the Hyatt?! Where will it be next? PLEASE I HOPE STILL IN THE CHICAGO AREA (otherwise I can't go ;;;----;;;)

BTW, Anime Reactor rawked :D

O-Chan
10-26-2004, 01:19 AM
Are you going??

DUH! After last year (my first con!) there's no way I can stop!

Who are you going with??

Momo_no_Unmei and our HUGE UTENA GROUP!

Are you cosplaying??

YES! YES! YES!

If so, as who??

Anthy from Utena! And if I have it done, I might wear my songstress Yuna costume....if my group allows me to >_>

PAR-TEEEHHH!!! And oogle stuff in the dealers room that I can only dream to afford

I can't wait! If it's as good as last year was, this is going to be a BLAST!!! :bigtu:

dchan
10-26-2004, 11:31 AM
]Are you going??

Most definately.

Who are you going with??

My boyfriend, my cousin, and a large group of local friends.

Are you cosplaying??

Of course!

If so, as who??

My remakes should be done by that time, and if I'm not wearing them, someone else will be! <3:

Summoner Yuna
Lenne
Songstress Rikku
Pandora (White dress)
Kaitou Jeanne (Season 2) <- We're doing a bit KKJ Hall cosplay group
Esper Terra

Cosplay, hang out with friends, be nutty ^_^

Other:

Evergrace
10-26-2004, 11:46 AM
This message has been deleted as a request from the user.

R1KKu
10-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Ill be there, did a bit of pre-reg'n on Sunday at AR =)

Hopefully itll be all 3 days
I hope to get a room, the Sofitel is fine, Hyatt is too packed :sulk:
Im hoping my bf will go with, and actually cosplay with me
I plan to go to as many events as possible this time.

Thursday Badge pickup - if I go, maybe whichever Rikku costume I decide not to wear for Friday, or I might not bother dressing up.

Friday - Maybe thrown on some Rikku goodness, slightly fixed up Samurai or Berserker,or both. Going to try and finally get my bf's Auron finished too.

Saturday - Want to fix up my Sesshy a bit, the Crowne's elevator door bit one of my spikes :waaaah: and I want my bf to actually wear his Inu. For the walk-ons, I want to have one of my dream costumes, a Kusanagi outfit from GITS *luv*

Sunday - Planning for a Kagura (Inuyasha) costume, as long as I have enough time.

VashzMynBackOff
10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes, I am going, with Venus, cosplaying as Myoubi from Alichino, GoGo from Kill Bill, and if possibly, Freya with my little sister as Chii, and I plan to attend more programming rather than to blow off my money at the Dealer's Room like I usually do (lolz).

HeavyArmsDan
10-26-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on the forums. I'm glad i can be a part such a great group of people around the chicago and rosemont area. Anyways, I just went to Anime Reactor 2004 and it was a blast! I am definetly going to ACEN in may. I hope to bring at least 2-3 of my friends who have never been to an anime convention. Also, if i have the time to finish it, I'm hoping I could go as Heavy Arms Custom Gundam. If everything goes as planned, i might be able to bring it in May. Well better get started!
Peace out!
HeavyArmsDan

DevilDiva
10-27-2004, 12:28 AM
Are you going??

It's my first time going, so I'm pretty excited.

Who are you going with??

A few friends from school. Hopefully we can get some more people together.

Are you cosplaying??

Of course!

If so, as who??

As of right now, Hyatt from Excel Saga. I might be part of a DDR cosplay, but if not, my white mage costume will likely make an appearance.

Hopefully score some free swag, take lots of pictures, and spend way too much money in the dealers' room.

Other:

Fortunately my friend already booked a room, but there is the possibility that I'll be making a four-hour drive by myself.

Ren-Ren
11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Are you going??

Heck yeah, 3rd year and counting.

Who are you going with??

5 or 6 of my friends.

Are you cosplaying??

Pfft, of course!

If so, as who??

-_-' SO MANY OPTIONS! My options so far in order of importance:

Princess Sakura (CCS)
Excel Excel (Excel Saga)
Sumomo (Chobits) - 95% Done
Flonne (Disgaea) - 60% Done
Puchiko (Digi Charat)
Battle Royale Student (Battle Royale)

Of course I won't do them all (for this con anyway ^_~) but it's fun to leave your options open! I'm fairly positive I'm going to do Sakura, Excel and Sumomo though.

DANCE. THE WHOLE TIME. And maybe some anime-related stuff..but mostly dancing. And maybe get some strawberry pocky. Hooray for pre-Acen excitement before the stress of pumping out your costumes a week before the con starts bearing down on you! No matter how early I start my costumes, they always end up getting thrown together the night before.

Other

I need to start working on the costumes.. o.o

Hotaru_Yumi
11-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Are you going: I really, really want to go...I just wish I knew the prices on pre-registration. (lol bad habit of mine to study ahead on all trips that I take..espically with prices on things) but hopefully me an one of my firends will be going..this year...it just depends...since we are both planning on going to AKon as well.
Who are you going with: um I am going with one of my friends..and my mother might tag a long also. lol though I doubt she willl stick around the con..she will probaly go hang around downtown chicago..if i know her.
Are you cosplaying:I do want to do a cosplay..but I am not sure just who yet. I was thinking of maybe doing that girl from Yugioh (lol I can't remember her name right now) I might put up a pic of my self so that I can get some people's opinon on what kinds of cosplays I might be able to do.

What are you going to do there: this I am not sure on either since I am not really all that sure on just what all ACen has to offer. lol maybe some of you guys that have been before can fill me in on just what all is there. But if I would have to guess, I would say: dancing, going to boards,concerts if any, Henti festival, Yaoi, Yuri, shopping, and anything else I can do in the time I am there I guess.

ArsenalFierce13
11-09-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm going, I can't NOT go! I've hit up every Acen since '99, and I already got my pre-reg at Anime Reactor (it was only $25). Besides, if all goes according to plan, this should be my last Acen for a while and I'll be leaving for Japan on the JET program in July. Costume-wise, the only new one I'm planning is FFX Lulu (yeah, I know, ANOTHER one), but I've already started it since I'm going to be as rediculously detailed as possible on it. Other than that, I'll be bringing I-no from Guilty Gear, which I just debuted at Reactor, and I'm sure there will be at least one Faye Valentine (I should have 4 done by then). Other than that, I'm doing a Guilty Gear Venom commission for a friend of mine, provided he gets around to sending me measurements and reference pics.

R1KKu
11-09-2004, 05:48 PM
My brain just kicked me, now Ive got another costume idea, but I dont know if I can fit it into my costume schedule, unless I cant finish one of my other ones. Plus, Im poor, but Im going no matter what, Ive already pre-regg'd. Arsenal, you betta bring I-no!!!...hehe, no Im just kidding... Ive already started on my other Baiken costume, and my bf is working out for his Anji :heart:

Take me to Japan with you!!!

Evrdream
11-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Are you going??
Most likely. Still too early to telll for sure, but I'm gonna try my hardest to make it. ^^ It'd be my first one.

Who are you going with??
Dunno . . .

Are you cosplaying??
Heck yeah. ^_^

If so, as who??
Blue from Wolf's Rain for sure, and if I can get my butt in gear over winter break hopefully Hana-chan from Fruits Basket, and Lust from Full Metal Alchemist

Depends. . . Again, still too early to tell. Cosplaying for sure. ^^

ArsenalFierce13
11-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Arsenal, you betta bring I-no!!!...hehe, no Im just kidding... Ive already started on my other Baiken costume, and my bf is working out for his Anji :heart:

You bet your sweet bippy I'm bringing I-no! I'm having a love affair with that costume right now and plan to wear it at most of my upcoming conventions (probably not Sugoicon cuz of football lechs, but Ohayocon and Acen). I still need to fix the jacket, but other than that, it's good to go. So you'd better make good on that Baiken & Anji!

Taxidurmy
11-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Well, this'll be my fifth ACEN going experience. I am going to reprise and re-do my Cammy costume, and i'm hoping to get my two sisters to be Chun-li and Blanka, and my friend to do M.Bison(or Vega, whichever translation you like, basically big shadowloo guy-not claw man ^-^; ). It should be pretty awesome!

Awesome :D One of the days I'll be Sakura and my boyfriend will -hopefully- agree to go as Ryu. Photo op maybe? ^_^

Other than that I'll be Season one Sora from Digimon and maybe Ed from Cowboy Bebop or someone else. ^_^; Sakura is a definite though.

Freyja
11-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Are you going??

Yup!!! :bigtu: This will be my first time at ACEN. I went to Anime Reactor 03, but this year I got sick that weekend :waaaah:(luckly this time I didn't pre-register). So I AM DEFINITLY going to ACEN :p ... I've been away from other cosplayers for too long.

Who are you going with??

Probably with my little sister. None of my friends like anime or manga :waaaah:

Are you cosplaying??

Oh yeah!!!

If so, as who??

Well since I chopped off my hair too short, I can't wear my Lulu(FFX) costume. So I'm either going to go as Alexiel(Angel Sanctuary), Tifa(FFVII AC), or Super Sailor Pluto. So many I want to do, only so little money.

Everything!!!! ^_^

Evergrace
11-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Are you going??

You can count on it.

Who are you going with??

Like, a buttload of people.

Are you cosplaying??

Is the sky blue? Is water wet? OF COURSE!

If so, as who??

Probably Shugo from .hack//Legend of the Twilight and Rufus ShinRa

Be a total idiot and hit on WAY too many girls, oh yeah, and TURN 18!

Other

If I can pull this whole thing off, it'll friggin rock...

Step 1: Convince parents not to go.
Step 2: Convince everyone elses parents that a parent is going.
Step 3: Get money from everyone for hotel rooms.
Step 4: Find out how many cars we need.
Step 5: Figure out gas money.
Step 6: Pray like hell it all works.

Lady Morwen
11-26-2004, 11:43 PM
Are you going??
If nothing goes cataclysmically wrong like last time, yes! (First time and thrilled).

Who are you going with??
Hopefully a group of my friends from my old school.

Are you cosplaying??
But of course!!

If so, as who??
An original character and possibly also a secondary costume, maybe Witch Hunter Robin. I keep changing my mind on the second costume to make. So many to choose from!

Enter the masquerade! And ponce around generally having fun and hopefully hunting down plenty of Alucards, Aurons, Vashes, etc. Shall attempt to refrain from actually 'stalking' them. ^_^ *Run for your lives!*

venus2869
11-28-2004, 01:31 AM
Are you going??
Of course, I gotta go!! I'm staff (at least I have applied to be in Masquerade & Security)

Who are you going with??
With most or all of the Michigan Cosplayers Society (This group is on Cosplay.com, check us out!!) & My daughter!

Are you cosplaying??
Of course! In fact I'll have costumes for everyday & the masquerade!

If so, as who??
Friday: Jill Valentine (Resident Evil 3 - Meter Maid Version)
Saturday: Rika/Ruki Digimon Season 03
Masquerade entry: Random student - Battle Royale I
Sunday: Sae - Magic User's Club

Just have a blast as always!! And try to control some of the madness that is ACen!!

Ayana
11-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Of course I'm going...ACen number 3 for me :) I'll probably go with a bunch of friends again...of course I'll be cosplaying, not 100% sure what yet, but I'm looking at Sailorgalaxia from Sailormoon Stars manga as my big one...

R1KKu
11-29-2004, 11:24 PM
heh, 3rd Acen for me too.

Im going through quite a bit of costume plan changes now, so I dont kno what Im going to wear. Definately want to fix up a few costumes though, and I actually want to wear a costume that goes with my contacts for once. I know for sure I should have 2 additional costumes finished, and then hopefully 2 for my bf (he better wear them this time :sulk: ) I also hope to get one special one done for the masq. :love:

Heidi
12-29-2004, 02:33 PM
I will most definately be going to Acen, and cosplaying. :heart:

My costume plans so far are:
- Lulu from Final Fantasy X
- Celes Cheré from Final Fantasy III (Amano-ized sprite version)
- Aeris from Final Fantasy VII
- Random convention schoolgirl

:spinner:

SupremeKai
12-29-2004, 06:08 PM
This will be my 4 Acen and hopefully This Acen my costume will actually work

Axel (Kingdom Hearts 2)
Egnimatic Man (Japanese Version of Kingdom Hearts)

Maybe someone from Blech if i can get other to cosplay with me

waste0fcarb0n
12-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Are you going??
No way I am missing it!

Who are you going with??
A friend

Are you cosplaying??
ya!

If so, as who??
Hatake Kakashi!
Possibly a Battle Royale student...

Hang out with cosplayers
listen to the spoony bards bust out tunes (haha Jer)
walk to micky d's
attend the soap bubble
have fun!

Other:
Banana phone!

TalismnNakumara
01-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Well this will be my 5 convention and second time at ACEN. I'll be going by myself asusual, since my friends sorta jumped ship at the last ACEN --;; But hey I hope to see you guys there. Laters

Tali

BlitzballMstr
01-18-2005, 02:52 PM
hmmmm I'm definetly going to bring my Ni Jieni from Saiyuki, I'm somewhat up in the air at this time I'm thinking of either Snake from MGS or the younger Toguro brother. I might just end up doing both anyway though lol.

BountyBebopLuva
01-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Are you going??
More then likely

Who are you going with??

I'm not sure yet, maybe Venus

Are you cosplaying??

A con without cosplaying?! I might as well go nude!

If so, as who??

Um.. so far I'm thinking it's gonna be:
Dark Knight Yuna (FF X2)
um.. yeah, maybe there might be another TBA costume, who knows.. >.> *coughP.J.YUNAcough*

Run around like crazy, drool over the pretty cosplayers.. um.. yeah

Other:
This is my first year for ACen, if you see a Yuna that looks a little o.O"WTF"-ed, stay hi.. more then likely it's me.

evil_pengin_uba
01-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Are you going??

Give us one good reason not to.

Who are you going with??

Momo_no_unmei, o-chan and her mom, LadyJade, LadyRedComet, and our dad in our Utena group!!

Are you cosplaying??

Of course!! Hope we get those costumes done... Heheh...

If so, as who??

We're going to be the Nanami of the group. We read that momo_no_unmei has been saying that we're scary earlier on this thread. Well, she isn't incorrect in saying that... We have an Utena, Anthy, Chuchu, Kozue, Miki, and my dad in a cow suit. Heh heh heh...

Wouldn't you like to know...

Other:

This is our 2nd time at ACen! But our Miki and Kozue are going for their first time! Ever since 2004, we've been addicted!! O_o;;

effembee
01-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Are you going??

Hell yeah, bitch.

Who are you going with??

Utena with the beautiful Fantasy Angel as Anthy on Friday, and Tidus with the wonderfully awesome Fantasy Angel as Yuna. ^_^ Also, blackwarrior will hopefully be coming with us as Rikku, and another awesomely awesome friend of mine will be going as Sailor Saturn with a STAFF! ^_^

Are you cosplaying??

HELL YEAH.

If so, as who??

Friday: Me as Utena, and Fantasy Angel as Anthy
Saturday: Me as Tidus, and Fantasy Angel as Yuna

Run around, sing, dance, take pictures of cosplayers and go to the dealership room! ^___^

Oh! Oh! And I can't forget the mini FFX photoshoot I'm going to plan on Saturday (hopefully)

HyperrrMouse
01-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Are you going??
Yes of course! I've only missed one year since Acen 2k. And i may have to miss part-all of next year because of graduation

Who are you going with??
Oh, a very large posse, about 10 people I think, it'll be hella sweet.

Are you cosplaying??
Yes indeedy

If so, as who??
Naruto from Naruto, Lulu from FFX only a punk version(maybe), Hyakurin from Blade of the Immortal, and a surprise! ^_~

Um, run around, take pictures, meet people, have a ton of fun.

Other:
I like stuff!!!

shadowedfates
01-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Are you going??
If my dad doesn't change his mind on letting me go at the last minute...
Who are you going with??
My sister and my friend, and I'm planning to meet up with another friend and two of her friends there.
Are you cosplaying??
Yes.
If so, as who??
Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2
Stalk Sasuke cosplayers with my friend Kitsune. This is a fair warning to all people cosplaying as Sasuke... if you see a Sakura cosplayer with a Lenne cosplayer... that's probably me and Kitsune.
Other:
My first year that I'm going to ACen! Actually, this would be my first con... -_-;;

digitized_entei
01-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Are you going??
Yes I am. My first anime central, and I'm very excited.

Who are you going with??
My boyfriend and my friends, I hope. Don't want to shop alone. :(

Are you cosplaying??
Yes, but actually, I'm going to take photographs more because it's fun, and I like doing it.

If so, as who??
As a schoolgirl, or more ambitiously, the black Go Go Yubari

Buy lots of stuff, and Para Para til i drop

FantasyAngel
02-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Are you going?

I would commit suicide if I didn't go! :eek:

With Who?

With the awesome FullMoonBunny and our other possee member!

Are you Cosplaying?

YEP! :D

As what?

I'll be Anthy with my hot and sexy Utena (FullMoonBunny) on Friday and Saturday I'll be Summoner Yuna with the lovely FullMoonBunny who will obviously be Tidus. :D

Whatcha gonna do?

Um, stalk people, drink coffee *eye twitches*, meet some awesome cosplayers, MAYBE karokee, wait in long lines for autographs, probably start dancing randomly, and of course ze masq!

~Fantasy Angel:heart:

sackerhale
02-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Are you going?

Well its my firsts year, so yeah.

With Who?
im in charge of a group of 11 people that are going, school anime group.

Are you Cosplaying?

naw, yes I am and they are going to be awsome.

As what?

Vash the stampede-Trigun manga
(J.D.) umbrella solider from Resident Evil the movie
Leon S Kennedy-Resident Evil 4

Whatcha gonna do?

Meet up with a really cool trigun cosplayer, drink lost of altered beverages(coffee, pop, etc). Go totally loco when I see the hot outfits this year. I really want to get ahold of resident evil fans out there for some serious pohoto shoots.

NoseMaster
03-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Flonne (Disgaea) - 60% Done

My gf is going to be Flonne as well :O

o0marikit0o
03-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Are you going?
Yup ! I am

With Who?

My sexy no jutsu girls, my loving husband and my cool sis in law who loves anime

Are you Cosplaying?

Yep!! I am !!

As what?

Sexy No Jutsu Gai
Cardboard tube ninja girl
Minami Maho from Beck

Whatcha gonna do?

Have fun of course, and rock! I am also going to be in the artist alley this year so ^^;

TalismnNakumara
03-15-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm most definitly going. I'll be by myself. No girlfriend or friends that are going, and I'll be Tenchi and Sephiroth once again. I'll be in the masqurade or whater the devil you spell it, playing on beating my score on Street Fighter as winning over 30 in a row, playing DDR again, and try to find a girlfriend hee hee. Hopefully a Princess Kakyuu fan. ^^

NoseMaster
03-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Are you going??

Yessir

Who are you going with??

My girlfriend and her mutha. My friends ex is going as well.

Are you cosplaying??

Yep

If so, as who??

Gaignun, Another mystery character I dont' wanna reveal, and I'm just wearing a shirt that says "NPC" on it on Sunday.

I imagine I'll check out the pillows because my gf always goes to that. I'll hit up whatever game things I can, and probably just socialize with the other nerds. I have to see a list of events first :(

lilithbunny
03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
This'll be my first Acen, and my 6th con overall.

I'll be going with my little bro, my bf, my roommate and assundry other individuals.

I'll be dressed as: Haruko from FLCL, Temari from Naruto, Delphine from Last EXILE, Rukia from Bleach and (hopefully) Hinoto of X/1999 and my buddies will be Naota of FLCL, Gaara and Kankuro of Naruto, and Ichigo of Bleach

While there, I'll be in the masquerade, run around and take a lot of pictures, rock out at The Pillows concert, go to as many panels as possible, drool over stuff in the dealer's room, play DDR until my feet fall off, etc.

Hope to see you all there!

Kappafox
03-18-2005, 11:19 PM
You're going to be Delphine? That's so cool! I'm going as Dio, and my girlfriend's going to be Alvis.

I'm also going as Yomiko Readman, and possibly Vampire Miyu.

Lady Morwen
03-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Help! Help! Quick ACEN Help Question!

Ok, I am as usual making plans at the latest possible moment and my mom it turns out, is not going to let me spend the entire weekend at ACEN. Even though we live fairly close to Rosemont, my parents are only willing to drive me the one day. What's the best day you guys recommend for coming? Thanks!

R1KKu
03-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Help! Help! Quick ACEN Help Question!

Ok, I am as usual making plans at the latest possible moment and my mom it turns out, is not going to let me spend the entire weekend at ACEN. Even though we live fairly close to Rosemont, my parents are only willing to drive me the one day. What's the best day you guys recommend for coming? Thanks!

Saturday, only because thats when most of the events happen, but Id wait til the events schedule comes up, you wouldnt wanna miss The Pillows concert now would you?? :dance: