PDA

View Full Version : Brazil (art soccer) vs Germany (technical soccer)

Legato/Machan
06-27-2002, 07:34 AM
Wooohoooo!!!
Brazil on the final!!!
Whas your opinion people? Do you think Brazil is gonna win or Germany?
For me, of course, is Brazil. We got the 3Rs attack (Ronaldo, Ronaldo Gaucho and Rivaldo) and othes too (I think that Ricardinho should play but ...)
Tell me guys: Brazil or Germany? Which one is the best? Its gonna be a Cpatain Tsubasa match hehehe

See ya all

Legato/Machan

Rosiel
06-27-2002, 09:34 AM
> Whas your opinion people? Do you think Brazil is gonna win or Germany?

Hmm...

First, the emotional response: GERMANY! GERMANY!

Then, the logical one...

Germany is missing Ballack due to a mostly undeserved yellow card in the game against South Korea. This will hurt them, unless, like the Irish, they manage to rally together and work as a team. Their attacks have been half-hazard (bad aim) but their defense is unmatched and their goalkeeper is the #1 on the world circuit.

Brazil has not been as good as it could be (sorry Legato!) and has been remarkably sloppy in its last few matches. It won over England by sheer luck, and over Turkey by 1-0? They should have scored more. Brazil has a few brilliant players, but lacks in unity. And Ireland showed us what teamwork can do.

So unless Brazil wakes up and plays soccer like it did four years ago, I say the odds are 50/50...

BUT it will highly depend on the referee choice.
WHY? Because referees have been helping Brazil (also South Korea and Japan) through this Mondial in a rather obvious way.

(Side note: I hope Italty and Spain sue the FIFA like they threatened.)

THUS...

If the referee is impartial (like say the Swiss in the Germany/S. Korea game), they have an almost 50/50 chance. (although I would give an edge to Brazil)

If the referee is non-European, Brazil wins.

If the referee is Italian, Germany wins. LOL

ALTHOUGH... who would have thought France would beat Brazil THREE to ZERO four years ago? That's what's wonderful about the Mondial, it's full of surprises and incredible performances.

So I hope Germany will come out on top, and the Cup will stay in Europe. But more than that, I hope it will be a clean, fair, game, something I haven't seen a lot of at this Mondial. ;____;

Rosiel
06-27-2002, 09:41 AM
I have to comment on this though...

> Belgium --> out

Because the referee cheated and removed an early goal from Belgium.

> England --> out

Because of a lucky pass that became an accidental goal.

> Turkey --> out (2 times)

Turkey got there by fluke, it's not a reference.

> Now It's time for the Germany!!!

This is football, hence we all take things personally... ^___^ but I think that sig is a little pugnacious and annoying for people who supported those teams. Gloating about victory is not very nice.

Imagine if this was my signature:
Brazil got creamed by France 3-0 in the 1998 World Cup Final!!!

See?

Iori E
06-27-2002, 09:34 PM
Let's see... Turkey's out... Ireland's out... Senegal's out... England's out... Sweden's out... Croatia's out... ;_;

No team I'm really rooting for is in the World Cup anymore!!! -_-

I guess I'll go for Germany, the "lesser of the two evils" in this case. :P

Legato/Machan
06-27-2002, 10:17 PM
If you noticed in the 98's cup, you can see clearly that Ronaldo wasn't playing well, just like the ohters.
The reason? It's very simple, he had a convulsion. Those f****** medics said there was nothing and because of the Nike, he played sick anyway. The other players couldn't play cause they didin't sleep that day.
If you think that's fake, come to Brazil and see if it's fake. We (brazilians) began to hate Nike since that day.
LOL. The referee is italian, have you seen his face? he looks like a psycho!
I think there is no accidental goal or THE goal. There is the good goal, the one that is made, or no-goal. Don't you agree?
Germany deserve the merit cause it's a team who came without the confidance, but now everybody says: "I knew they would make it" or "Now that Germany is in the final they are the best". It's b*** s***! If someone is supporting the team just because they are in the final ... P-L-E-A-S-E!!! Bunch of hypocrites! Of course that we have som guys like this here, but it's fate.
The real fan is the one who belives until the end and don't lose the hope anytime.
I now that Oliver Kamn (I don't know how to write it) is one of the best keepers, but our 3 R's in the attack will make the difference.
Well, I wish the best for both, but I hope Brazil can get the Cup again.
BRAZILLLLL!!!! BRAZILLLLLL!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

PS: I hope I haven't offended nobody with my comments, if I did ... well sorry.

Iori E
06-27-2002, 11:06 PM
I really did wish for Turkey to beat Brazil. I was totally sickened by Rivaldo's acting during their first match and I hoped that he would be punished more severely than a fine of less than half his daily salary. He even admitted after the game that he exaggerated his "injury." At least Michael Ballack accepted the punishment he received (suspension from the final) after his tactical foul against South Korea.
If Hakan Sukur didn't mess up in the semifinal (like he always did during this World Cup), I do believe Turkey would go on to the finals. If it wasn't for the great Rustu Recber, who knows how many goals Brazil would've scored...

Oh yeah, about that Italian referee who "looks like a psycho," that's Pierluigi Collina and he's probably the best referee out there. You can depend on him to be fair and to do his job right. Plus, he commands respect. Not too many referees in this World Cup can say that, especially now.

I originally wanted Croatia to go all the way. But now that they're out, I'm constantly changing which team to root for. Not much point in watching the WC otherwise...

Asuka Langley
06-27-2002, 11:51 PM
The hardest game for me was when i had to choose: Brazil, my team... or BECKHAM! ;_____; I have to say it was really hard, i haven't been the same since that match... =P

-Asuka Langley

Legato/Machan
06-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Asuka Langley
The hardest game for me was when i had to choose: Brazil, my team... or BECKHAM! ;_____; I have to say it was really hard, i haven't been the same since that match... =P

-Asuka Langley

NO WAY!!! You must be joking!!! The Beckhome guy? The one who likes to use his girlfriend's underwear?
Well, I think everybody has your tastes, even if they are strange.
And what about the rest? Only Brazil, Italy and Croatia fans around here?
In USA nobody likes soccer?

Iori E
06-28-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm American. Still, Team USA has always been a joke among World Cup watchers. Even when they got to the quarterfinals, I still couldn't bring myself to root for them. It just feels so... weird. :P

Still, it's amazing that Team USA got that far. Maybe they switched mentalities with France since '98...

AngelYuki
06-28-2002, 11:26 PM
I'm a USA fan, but I have to say my loyaties lie always with Irelans. I guess it's cuz USA has never been too amazing when it comes to soccer. But we're doing better. I hate to ask this, but I never did find out who won the cup, if anyone can let me know that would be great. Thanks

Legato/Machan
06-29-2002, 05:11 AM
The last cup was the France.
But the USA team is not that bad ... well, they are not the best in the world, but they have a chance if they pratice a lot. I've played soccer with canadians and americans, there is no difference and they always have the same tatic: ball on the head and goal. I think the difference from soccer from south (Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay) is that we have more creativities in the plays, and the people from north (USA, European teams, and others) they are more tatical play, they don't care too much if the play is beautiful or not.
Oh, I have to remember something for you Rosiel, the French team entered as the favourite and left as the worst. Come on!!! 3 games without making a single goal? The all powerfull french team just disappeared. Zidane? Good player? What happened? The only good team they could face was Dennamark, but they lost to Seneagal and Uruguay ... what a shame!!! I hope they can do better in the next Cup cause we still want to face France again.

Ukayoru no Chou
06-29-2002, 12:04 PM
If anyone can please tell me when the games usally come on [ im in California mind u all ]...becuase I've been sick, and staying at my grandmas..which is all day Martha stewart, and trust me , I'm rather mad I haven't watched a single game.

Sounds like all my favorite teams are out anyways .

I don't have *A* favorite team, but I do root for my home-land teams [ Go Brazil and France!!!!!! XD!!! ^_____^ ] ...but, knowing me, I'm all, go canada, go england, go ..etc. whoever I like ^_^;
Most the time its like this for me ...
::example::
USA vs. er.. FRANCE.
If USA plays sucky that day, france all the way...
if they dont play sucky, and beat USA, whoo hooooo ...go france! XD so...yah..^_^;; I guess you could say I go for England, Korea,Japan, France and Brazil!

....thats all I have to say, since im *still* sick, and I need sleep. Nya.

Legato/Machan
06-29-2002, 05:36 PM
Well, here they will pass the game at 8:00 am, but in California ... I guess about 2:00 am. Pretty early.

Iori E
06-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Basically, you have one more game to catch in this WC, and that's the final between Brazil and Germany. It starts live at 4 AM, so set your alarm clock.
Or, you can get a good night's sleep and just watch the replay in the late morning.

Hmmm, Hakan Sukur and Ilhan Mansiz worked well together in the 3rd-place game. If Senol Gunes had simply put Mansiz in the starting lineup earlier, the World Cup's outcome may have been much different...

Legato/Machan
06-30-2002, 04:51 AM
Yeah, in a hour Brazil is gonna play with Germany!!!
Brazil is playing by the first time with Germany and it's in the final of the first cup of the millenium!!!

RealizeDOP
07-01-2002, 12:25 AM
YAY!!!!!! *.* BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!