PDA

View Full Version : Gravitation, anyone?

b70k3n
09-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Yea, me and Savil and a couple of other girls (I know we're girls, but we can still do it damnit!) are going as members of Bad luck. I'm shuichi, and then theres Hiro and Seguchi. Is anyone else going as Gravitation? Oh, is anyone going from Eerie Queerie? Oh, I think I'm way to hyper this morning, chalk it up to pre-english test gitters, I never should have taken honors!

Love you all, bye!

Shu-chan :dance:

niphrodel
09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
My friends and I are cosplaying as Bad Luck also! Hopefully we'll be performing as the pre-masquerade show.

*practices like mad*

shadow_girl294
09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
ooo! i like those two! um.. my friend likes them (eerie queerie) and she just might possibly. who.. i wouldnt know...

GenyaArikado
09-30-2004, 02:42 PM
My friend and I have been working on our costumes, which will be in the infamous duo: Eiri and Shuichi! ... and with this thread i may be able to keep tabs on how many other shuichi's i need to watch out for.. for my own protection. anywho.. i just got the new gravi DVD (#3) so i'm gonna go watch that now... *wanders away*

ladysubaru25
10-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Hopefully, there may be some Tohma Seguchi madness happening for me by AB05. I think my friends have bugged me enough to do the costume. (They really want to be Eiri and Shuichi, and have been hounding me for the past year to do Tohma.)

At least it will be a rather "normal" costume that I can wear while staffing! :)

Eigwayne
10-18-2004, 08:51 PM
My group always brings our Gravi costumes. I'm Ryuichi, and I've got a Touma and a Shuichi, with a revolving supporting cast depending on who else comes. I'll be doing one of Ryuichi's more sedate outfits, because I was freezing in the concert blouse. I don't think Kumagoro appreciated being used as a wind block for my tummy ^^;;

I'm sorry, Lady Subaru. I was in the Gravi group in the karaoke room on Saturday night at AB last year, with the red pleather Shuichi. I hadn't wanted to be the obnoxious girls; it just sort of happened. Touma and Shuichi wanted to sing Welcome to My Romance, and it was all over. (I think you're very brave for doing the karaoke room, btw.)

GenyaArikado, we're trying to get our Yuki to come, so our Shuichi should be well-behaved. Yuki keeps Shu on a short leash, literally.

ladysubaru25
10-19-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry, Lady Subaru. I was in the Gravi group in the karaoke room on Saturday night at AB last year, with the red pleather Shuichi. I hadn't wanted to be the obnoxious girls; it just sort of happened. Touma and Shuichi wanted to sing Welcome to My Romance, and it was all over. (I think you're very brave for doing the karaoke room, btw.)

Hey, no worries! I thought you guys were awesome... I'm always up for hearing someone singing Gravi tunes. (Hopefully we'll be able to get more stuff from the series for this year. I'm working on that now!) Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. We are also working on improving the layout of the karaoke for '05 too. :bigtu:

You guys definitely brought some "energy" to the karaoke lounge on Saturday night. It was pretty much draggin' before then. Trust me. Saturday night was all sorts of insane. Were you there when those guys sang the GUITAR FREAKS songs? (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=124210) That was total insanity.

And Red pleather Shuichi was my favorite cosplay as AB04...

Hopefully I'll be running the karaoke room dressed as Tohma this year. I need to start working on that costume, as well as finding more Gravi stuff for people to sing.

Eigwayne
10-21-2004, 07:56 PM
I won't be telling Shuichi she was your favorite; she's impossible to live with when she gets compliments. She doesn't mean to be obnoxious about being popular. It just happens *laughs*

I have tons of Gravitation music. Between me and my group, we own all the Gravi CDs, except the latest drama CD, I think. The new CDs are hell to back-up.... If I can help you at all, let me know. Karaoke was one of my favorite parts of AB ^_^

Rukawa
10-22-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm gonna do Ryuichi. Probably cause I love his concert shirt so much lol ^^;

niphrodel
10-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I'm gonna do Ryuichi. Probably cause I love his concert shirt so much lol ^^;

And j00 look so damn cute in it XDDD

sailor-moon
10-24-2004, 02:36 AM
::raises hand:: if i really do end up going ill probably be doing casual Shuichi one night X3 ..with Mamochan as Yuki :D

niphrodel
10-25-2004, 01:50 PM
::raises hand:: if i really do end up going ill probably be doing casual Shuichi one night X3 ..with Mamochan as Yuki :D

Does that mean Mamoru is gonna like dye his hair blonde? O_o;;; I hope he uses a wig cuz seeing Mamoru with real blonde hair just seems wrong to me. I mean...he's MAMORU! XDD

Yuki Eiri
10-26-2004, 10:37 PM
My friends and I were gonna group cosplay that, but we were unfortunately unable to find anyone to cosplay shuichi.. So that got cancelled :/

Eigwayne
10-27-2004, 08:37 PM
You can always find Shuichis. Hell, mine is an attention-ho, she'd love to make friends with other Gravi-groups. We don't see her half the day anyways.

Don't let the lack of a character stop you. All you need is a Kumagoro, and people will figure your group out. (Of course, I was Ryuichi. Maybe you should ask a Suguru cosplayer if going without Shuichi is worth it...)

Selphie_fairy
11-01-2004, 05:36 PM
Schoolgirl shuichi will be ready to go! :thumbs up: I'll be doing the pink tv animation artbook version :3

niphrodel
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Schoolgirl shuichi will be ready to go! :thumbs up: I'll be doing the pink tv animation artbook version :3

Ahh can't WAIT to see that!! You'll be so cute! And we already know you look adorable with pink hair ^_~

Yuki Eiri
11-03-2004, 01:40 AM
My group was supposed to cosplay gravi, but no one wanted to be shuichi. .So that idea went out the door real fast XD

cyankirby
11-09-2004, 11:19 PM
He he! I'm the other half of the combo with genya. Goin' as the red feather jacket er...outfit shu! I'm sure that I'll be freezing my butt off but hey part of the fun! Costume is all set and ready to go too... Yay! :bigtu:

BakurasMistress
11-23-2004, 06:32 PM
HI everyone! ^__^ yay, im so happy i found this board! i was planning to go to Anime Boston05(my first time) as a shuichi but i couldnt find anyone else who was going as a gravitation character as well. im so excited that there are so many people who are planning to cosplay... ill be able to use you all as a shield to hide my own..XD!!

My friends promised me they would be Yuki and Tohma so i wouldnt go alone, but they have so many cosplays of thier own to deal with and i feel bad about making them worry over another... so hopefully theyll forget ^^;;;

would any of you mind if i tag along? im planning on meeting you all anyways to see your costumes, take pics, and...yes, glomp you XD! Im going as red vinyl shuichi from the TV animation art (Eigwayne, tell your friend i hope to be as good as she did ^_~), if not, ummmm... shuichi in a towel? XD!

............... BYE! im gonna eat now!... :untrust: ..i smell cookies....

cyankirby
11-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Yuki Eiri - Heh heh! Looks like there will be plenty of Shus! You should cosplay from gravi; after all you don't necessarily have to have a shu and it seems that there will be a few at least to get pictures with if nothing else.... :)

Ah yes anyone interested in having a mini photo shoot or something? I think that it would be fun! :bigtu:

Eigwayne
11-30-2004, 10:15 PM
BakurasMistress, I'm not telling Shu anything. It will go to her head. ^^;;; But I'd like to see some more people do that outfit well. And if your friends want to do Gravi, great. Gravi is always super fun. If they can't, then you can make some Gravi friends to be Shuichi with. ^_^

Photoshoots are fun. I had a blast at the Gravi get-together thing last Otakon. I have no idea when we'll be in our Gravi outfits at AB, though. We're only doing it one day.

BakurasMistress
12-02-2004, 01:04 AM
aww one day only ;_;.... wait hold on what am i talking about! thats fine, i had about three costumes i was planning on wearing ^_^;;

thanks eigwayne, id love to hang out with more shuichis and gravi lovers. sounds like fun^.^ just let me know what day you all plan to cosplay gravitation, that way i can run into the guys room and change! XD!!

Putrocca
12-08-2004, 04:10 PM
As usual, I'll be Mr. K.

I'm going to be busy much of the convention managing the Masquerade (hopefully my new bazooka will help whip my staff into shape) but I should have a chance during my time off to herd some of you Shuichis around the convention floor with my machine gun.

I should see you all at the Gravitation group photo session at the Cosplay Photo Station. If any of you are planning anything else for the convention for which K would be a helpful addition, let me know.

-K, the gun-toating Anime Boston Masquerade Coordinator.

cyankirby
12-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Whoo a K! How cool! Hehe good thing I can run fast! :bigtu:

Where will this photo station that you speak of be? Is that something new? I've only been to the con once so I don't know all of the happenings or locations...
Heh heh scratch that; I just read about it on the board... Whoops!

Putrocca
12-08-2004, 10:32 PM
The Cosplay Photo Station is a new feature we are hoping to test at the con this year - call it an experiment. Its details and location have not yet been determined, but it should be out in one of the main lobbies or concourses, so it has a big open space and many series can congregate at once. More information will be posted on the Anime Boston web site in due course.

cyankirby
12-08-2004, 10:38 PM
'Ki dokes! Thanks for explaining! I think it's an interesting idea so I hope that everything goes smoothly! :)

Putrocca
12-14-2004, 01:04 PM
I cannot explain why on a public forum, but would anyone intending to cosplay Yuki Eiri at Anime Boston who would be interested in participating in special activities please contact me? Be prepared to submit a reference photo of yourself in costume. Thank you.

-Masquerade/Cosplay Coordinator, AB2005

Selphie_fairy
12-18-2004, 09:37 AM
You should post in the seeking cosplayers forum ^_^ I'm sure you're bound to get answers there

Shuichi_red
12-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Don't worry, Eigwayne. I won't let it get to my head. Well, at least not when there are other people around. It's just nice to know that people liked my costume because it was my first one that I ever made. Sorry if I get too egotistical. ^^'

n1k1ta
12-30-2004, 04:20 PM
I cannot explain why on a public forum, but would anyone intending to cosplay Yuki Eiri at Anime Boston who would be interested in participating in special activities please contact me? Be prepared to submit a reference photo of yourself in costume. Thank you.

-Masquerade/Cosplay Coordinator, AB2005

That makes me think naughty thoughts. :D Thanks!

Putrocca
01-08-2005, 02:19 PM
The Cosplay Photo Station has finally been announced - details are in the New Cosplay Resources thread and on the anime boston web site. The official schedule will not be posted for a while yet, but becuase Gravi starts with a "G" it will probably be scheduled on Friday Evening, but there's a chance it will be bumped to Saturay morning. I can't say exactly until the main events schedule is finished, but this is my best guess. I hope that works for you guys.

I know I'll be there as K, and I won't coming alone, he he.

Animeloilpop
01-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Im not sure if im going or not because but if I am ill be there as Yuki or shuichi in the dog outfit. Most likely the dog outfit because i dont have to bind my chest :bigtu: that and it quick :) But the problem with me going is im leaving for a week to D.C with my school not really even a week before, so when i do get back i would have a lot of crap to do. That and convince my friend mom that my brother resposbile. I cant even go all three days and i live not even 2 hour from boston. :waaaah:

Anyway if i do go i hope to see you all there.

AlucardsDracula
02-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Mn, my friend and I are going as Tohma and Yuki. Me as Yuki, she as Tohma. We're going to have a bit of fun with it, because like usual, I'm on the end of the leash. (Literally. o.O) We ooberly love glomps, so if you see us please glomp us, then I'll know you're from here. =D

Putrocca
02-11-2005, 08:07 AM
You know, we still don't have a single Gravitation cosplayer signed up for Cosplay Human Chess. Come on, rockstars, how can you pass up a chance to rampage aroud on the main stage and hit people?

GenyaArikado
02-11-2005, 08:38 PM
have to ask Shuichi to play in the human chess... that could be fun if Shu-chan is up for it!

Shuichi_red
02-12-2005, 02:19 PM
I was thinking about it, because it would be so much fun, but the thing about needing the picture before you enter is making me hesitate because I don't have enough money to get all of my costume done and send in the picture. I would SO do it otherwise. I just have to see if I can get my costume together before sign-up ends. ^^'

Hitokiri Kilik
02-22-2005, 03:09 PM
My friend and I are doing Tohma and Eiri on Friday. :3 Heh, can't wait.

greg_bianchi
03-28-2006, 12:19 AM
I'm gonna be Yuki. ^^ And I also might be getting gold contacts for his eyes... I hope. x3 See you all there! :D

UrMastrInuYasha
03-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Woo! Power to teh Gravi cosplayers! To bad it's far away.. other wise I would go and by the gravi groupy! lol

PICTURES!!

Dagger
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
If all goes according to plan, my friends and I will be doing a small Gravitation group (probably on Saturday morning). I plan on being Rage from the manga. :)

natsukoarts
03-29-2006, 07:59 AM
i will be doing yuki as well. (a writer playing a writer -not much of a stretch!)

ilikeyaoi
03-29-2006, 07:34 PM
You know, we still don't have a single Gravitation cosplayer signed up for Cosplay Human Chess. Come on, rockstars, how can you pass up a chance to rampage aroud on the main stage and hit people?

I'd like to, but the sign up sheet confuses me to no end, really. Am I SUPPOSED to be signing up as a group?

natsukoarts
03-29-2006, 11:59 PM
we can hit people? (wicked grin)

Putrocca
04-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Do we want to organize a Gravitation photo shoot? All it takes is contacting the photo shoot organizer and submitting our preferred times - we can probably arrange a time that the BAD LUCK concert band can join us (and hopefully me too, if my duties allow.) Any preferred days/times?

Hiro_01
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
oh my, alot of Shuichis are going to be there. I just hope i'm not going to be a lost Shu. I would like to hang out with a few bad luck people myself. It would look really odd if i'm a wondering and lost shu.

I'd love to join a photo shoot with the bad luck cosplay band! i'll probly try to hold my wig strate. I can't stand wigs. they itch. -_-

NakedSushi
04-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Whoo! I'm going as Yuki this year on saturday!
My friend was going to go as Shu-chan but she bailed on me. The nerve! And I cut and bleached my hair too.:bigcry:

Hopefully I can replace her. With someone who will NOT bail.

Hiro_01
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I'LL BE YOUR SHU! The same thing happend to me on my Tsuzuki outfit. i was like so depressed, but now i'm going as Shu instead. ^.^ both friday and Sunday. I already said i'd be Ed for the masq and handed in my e-mail in and everything. So it's carved in stone. sorry. But if you're going as Yuki on Friday then defently!

Whoo! I'm going as Yuki this year on saturday!
My friend was going to go as Shu-chan but she bailed on me. The nerve! And I cut and bleached my hair too.:bigcry:

Hopefully I can replace her. With someone who will NOT bail.

NakedSushi
04-18-2006, 04:26 PM
I'LL BE YOUR SHU! The same thing happend to me on my Tsuzuki outfit. i was like so depressed, but now i'm going as Shu instead. ^.^ both friday and Sunday. I already said i'd be Ed for the masq and handed in my e-mail in and everything. So it's carved in stone. sorry. But if you're going as Yuki on Friday then defently!

I might be able to. I'll just switch Ryuichi to saturday then Bam! I'll be Yuki on Friday. Nothing is set in stone with me! HAHAHA. That an the fact my friend going with me doesn't cosplay. BUT~! I'll only be Yuki for the first half of the day because I'll be going to the Saiyuki card game as Goku around like 4:00 or something like that.

:D :D :D :D :D

Hiro_01
04-18-2006, 06:43 PM
battery ^+^= fun!

Staci
05-10-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm posting because I think we need to figure out a photoshoot date and time. Either Friday or Saturday it fine for me.