PDA

View Full Version : uhm uhm uhm sozyeah.<< >>

Anjierusu
09-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Question-ness-ness...

I'm here at NCSA (love it here!) and I'm a senior in high school. I know alot of other schools and people attending them go through this with animazement every year. But I'm curious. Being a senior, do I have to attend graduation? My "school plan thing" says that thursday, May 26th, day before animazement, pre-con, that 12:30 is when the last of the last final exams are over and finished, complete, nada, finished. you get the picture...

Welp, there's commencement rehearsals on Friday, and commencement on Saturday, and everyone has to be out of the residential halls by 6PM on Saturday.

In another part of the book it says that any and all students who are not part of commencement (graduation) should be out by 24 hours from their final exam. I want to attend the animazement pre-con and go through till sunday. I know I can make it if I'm permitted to leave, but what I'm curious about is whether or not Seniors have to attend graduation.

I fully intend to go to animazement no matter what. But will there be any repurcussion? Just curious. I really want to make the pre-con party like I did this year and see my friends. =/ But that's just me.

Chukkie
09-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Think of it this way:Animazement comes every year, but you only get one graduation.

Inamichan
09-25-2004, 06:44 PM
OMG NCSA! * just graduated there last year* What're you there for?

But as far as AZ goes...graduate. Believe me, you'll be glad you did. NCSA graduation is always fun, too. :P And you can always go to AZ on Sunday.

Kilayi
09-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Chase, dear, go to your graduation, its only going to 2,000 or so geeks at AZ XD

Finding Beauty
09-25-2004, 11:04 PM
I have to go with everyone who says go to your graduation.

How far away is your school (I can't, for some reason, place NCSA in my mind) from the con? Maybe you can juggle both ... I know some people have said they'll be rushing there post-graduation. Lol.

I really wish the con was held at a non-holiday-weekend time. x.x

Tri23
09-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Have your school reschedule their graduation. Seriously, they really should plan for people's lives. Sheesh. Rather rude, I think. You should give the principal a peice of your mind. Set him straight, ya know?

(hehehe... what a genious plan! If they are expelled for fighting with the principal and can't attend graduation, then problem solved!)

liz-maru
09-26-2004, 08:50 AM
i hated my graduation, but i guess its good to go to it ><; i mean really its up to you =0

GreatSG
09-26-2004, 08:36 PM
I tried everything I could to get out of my gradution and I still think it was a waste of my time and my parents money for the cap and gown. Thank god it was the week before Animazement or I would have been in an awful ordeal.

Anjierusu
09-27-2004, 08:49 AM
^_^

My, uh, question was, is it possible to avoid graduation? Not should I. I've made my mind up that there is no way I'm going to skip any minute of animazement if I don't have to. Thanks for the concern and the advice though. Yes, I've heard previous stories about NCSA and it's uber-awesome graduations, but AZ is really important to me. =/

Regardless though. Hmm. Lemme check.::whips out super-schedule::

Yeah, commencement rehearsal Friday, commencement is Saturday. There's no way I missing thursday and friday and all of saturday morning and afternoon. =/

I'ma go to the office in general studies today and look into it.

Anjierusu
09-27-2004, 08:51 AM
OMG NCSA! * just graduated there last year* What're you there for?

But as far as AZ goes...graduate. Believe me, you'll be glad you did. NCSA graduation is always fun, too. :P And you can always go to AZ on Sunday.

I'm in contemporary dance. I heard last year there were lots more male dancers. But this year there are only about 7 in the entire modern department. I'm one of them... First year. What were you in?

Inamichan
09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Oh wow, there were a lot of male dancers last year. o_O I was second year visual arts. :P

Anyway, I know it's possible to not go to graduation, because there were international students that had to go home and couldn't go... ^^; I'm not sure if you can go if you miss the rehearsal (I think you can - lots of people missed rehearsal last year), so just look into all possibilities. You may regret it later on if you miss your highschool graduation (I know I'm regretting even not getting people to sign my yearbook last year - and I was pretty miserable there for a while!). :\ But hey, 's up to you.

Tri23
09-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Seriously, have you told your parents of your plan? Honestly, graduation isn't for the students.

Anjierusu
09-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Seriously, have you told your parents of your plan? Honestly, graduation isn't for the students.

My plan? Hehe, it's not some master scheme. My parents are pretty uncaring, they wouldn't come to see my graduation, they just come to take me and my stuff home.

Here's an example, I was here at NCSA for the summer session too. Everyone was supposed to leave the day after the performance, but during my performance which my parents apparently came to see (right...) they made me leave during intermission so I couldn't see my friends doing their pieces, and made me go back to campus, pack up within twenty minutes, and leave without saying goodbye to anyone. Now that's regret. =/

My only concern when it comes to the end of the year, will be what I'm going to do with my belongings until after animazement. Because I checked in the office today. They give you a form asking if anyone will be participating, so I have the option, and I'm going to take it.

DDR Faery Spice
10-21-2004, 02:49 PM
chase dearie, i think you should go to your own graduation...but then again, that would mean me missing most of az as well to come see you graduate, so mebbe not. ^_^
My advice to you would be to check with someone knowledgeable and find out whether or not there would be problems with you not attending graduation, ie problems with actually picking up your diploma, etc.