PDA

View Full Version : My little Video

mastertaco
09-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Hey there Everyone,
I finally decided to put together some of the footage I filmed from Animazement 2004.
Definately not the best edited thing, but I thought others may like to see it.
Anyways, Please give me your comments and what I can do better and maybe next year I'll try and do a better one :thumbsup:
Anyways, Link is:
http://www.lostdauntless.com/Animazement.mpg
Please save it, as my bandwidth is limited :crylaugh:

Chukkie
09-26-2004, 07:33 AM
That was freaking awsome! Next time you should definately, defianately shoot some of the martial arts demonstration. But those arn't really cosplay, but cool none the less.Also, I noticed a total lack of Chukkie in the video, that would make it so much better.j/k. Keep up the good work my man. :rockon:

liz-maru
09-26-2004, 08:48 AM
i cant watch it T_________T hmm do i need to have quicktime or something? =o

kiniru_no_usagi
09-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I fully enjoyed that video. Thanks so much for making it and putting it online! Heehee...Soviets...

GreatSG
09-26-2004, 11:54 PM
That video rocked! Although I wish someone had recorded me as Dr. Hentai, I need to label myself next year with the letters DR. HENTAI on the back of my coat I guess.

Anyway great video, if I gave this to my anime club president, he might want to show it at our club (his girlfriend is the Aoi cosplayer briefly seen in the vid) if it's cool with you the maker of course.

Also, my brother and a friend of mine are the two dudes in black suits jamming it out at Shoujo's party.

mastertaco
09-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Hmmm Liz, I encoded it as MPEG1 which means it should play on most everything, but if not try downloading a MPEG codec.

And GreatSG, Sure, you can do whatever you want with the vid. And sorry about not putting more into the vid, but I realized once I got back home that I had my mic off for about 12 interviews :untrust:
Compliment your brother on the dance skills :bigtu:

GreatSG
09-27-2004, 08:11 AM
And GreatSG, Sure, you can do whatever you want with the vid. And sorry about not putting more into the vid, but I realized once I got back home that I had my mic off for about 12 interviews :untrust: Compliment your brother on the dance skills :bigtu:

Ouch, don't you just hate when that happens? And i'll be sure to let my brother know that he puts on a good show. :thumbsup:

BTW, what kind of camera and/or adaptors do you use to get your videos on the computer, i'm trying my best to find the right stuff.

Shadablade
09-27-2004, 08:21 AM
OMG That so rocked! Talk about reliving the memories :D !! Even my roomate and i were in it wheee! Great work and hopefully you will do another nxt year.

P.S. I showed this to a friend of mine who really didnt understand what the deal of a con was (kinda hard to really capture it in photos) And now he's interested in going so this could wind up being a great educational video LoL!!

fairel
09-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Sweeeeeet!! That was sooo awesome! Thanks for posting it. I am all depressed after going to AWA, and it's good to bring up memories from a Con that I LOVED!!

You made my day man.

Kilayi
09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
heh.... for me to see it it would take 8 hours to download ^^;
I'll just get SG to show me :3

mastertaco
09-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Oh, Thanks for the compliments, this was my first con, and I film everything so I do, so this was very spontaneous. I was idiot running around asking the questions.
Assuming I am able to come next year, I plan to acctually make a plan on filming , and that make sure I have plenty of tape, unlike this time :crylaugh:

SG, I just use a Canon MiniDV camcorder with a Sennenheiser boom mic on top. It has firewire output, so I just use it that way.
Shada, Who were you, and who did you cosplay as? ;)
And, did I mess up on anything? Please tell me as I want to do better next year ^_^

fairel
09-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Oh, Thanks for the compliments, this was my first con, and I film everything so I do, so this was very spontaneous. I was idiot running around asking the questions.
Assuming I am able to come next year, I plan to acctually make a plan on filming , and that make sure I have plenty of tape, unlike this time :crylaugh:

Wells the whole thing looks really professional, and everyone I have showed it to/told to download it all agreed that it was the coolest thing they have ever downloaded.. besides maybe anime.

I really really really hope you can make it to the next one, I will be looking for you and telling you that you rock my con world... or something.

nilbus
09-27-2004, 09:54 PM
That video is sooooooooo awesome!! :D You rock my world

Thanks, Fariel for sending me the link ^_^

GreatSG
09-27-2004, 09:59 PM
heh.... for me to see it it would take 8 hours to download ^^;
I'll just get SG to show me :3

That I will do. Are we doing another party this halloween, if so that'd be a good time.

mastertaco
09-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Ack sorry Fairel, I just checked my footage and I did film you and the Spatula ninjas, but I cut it out :sulk:

Thank you all so much for your comments, I'll do everything in my power to come next year and bring things I should have like my Tripod.
Just look for the dorky kid with the camera equipment :rolleyes:

Shadablade
09-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Shada, Who were you, and who did you cosplay as? ;)
And, did I mess up on anything? Please tell me as I want to do better next year ^_^

My roomate and I were Anderson and Alucard from hellsing. (I was Anderson) And later became the "Drunk Irish Priest" And if the "Random Monk" is out there reading this, Heres one to yas! :drink:

Sh!bby
09-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Whee I was on teh video! XD In the background, but I was there! LoL. Hi Will! *pokes* :P You were on teh video, with Brandon! And teh Bucky was there too XD

He was the bishie-cloud. He was my boyfriend at the time (over a year by AZ)...he didn't last much longer. :sulk:

You didn't get bishie and kenshii!!!! awwww

Chase (dark valentine, setsuna) was on there! And hannah (vote-seducing chii)! XD Whee!

I <3 your video!

Asjova
09-28-2004, 02:23 PM
That I will do. Are we doing another party this halloween, if so that'd be a good time.

yeah sure come on over kurt. my house is open to all, aparently

edit- pft forgot to comment on the video. its great stuff. the greatest of great. be sure to do it again.

Finding Beauty
09-28-2004, 11:28 PM
That was so cracked out. xD

But it was great. I loved it. I didn't think the editing skills were bad at all (this coming from someone who couldn't edit her own videos to save her life). I took my camcorder this year but I didn't use it -- I didn't spend enough total time actually there to have made it worth my while.

It was nice seeing all the memorable moments again. ^_^

michiko-chan
09-28-2004, 11:29 PM
The video rocked! please make another one for next year!
I remember you filmed me in my Botan costume, but i guess i didn't make the cut for the video :p

I am all depressed after going to AWA, and it's good to bring up memories from a Con that I LOVED!!

good to know someone else is as disappointed by AWA as I am.

fairel
09-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Ack sorry Fairel, I just checked my footage and I did film you and the Spatula ninjas, but I cut it out :sulk:

Thats ok.. we forgive you... this time. But we will be watching for you next con.::insert errie music::.. beware of the ninjas who wield legendary spatulas, who desperatly want to be in YOUR FILM!!

Eh... it is kinda a shame, was there any particular reason you cut it out?? Were we just toooo awesome to be in it?? I must know!

mastertaco
09-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Yes, I'm so sorry,after looking back through my footage, I filmed about 3x as many people as I put in, but I got lazy of editing and didn't finish putting people in :thumbsup:
I promise next year I'll try and do better :bigtu:

EDIT: Ack, Fairel posted while I was posting, no, I just got lazy, I originally planned on making this about 15 minutes long, but ended up cutting it down to 8 min, and I have 2 3/4 hour of footage ^^
So sorry :waaaah:

liz-maru
09-29-2004, 01:41 AM
ima try and check the video out at school (i think my computer is just crap) ^__^ ty mastertaco cant wait to watch it XD

Asjova
09-29-2004, 07:16 AM
mastertaco, some associates of mine would like to know if we could get some original source footage from you. specifically all you have of the shojo dance. if its no trouble that is.

mastertaco
09-29-2004, 10:16 AM
If you want, I have about 15 minutes of the Shojo dance coming up to about 4GB, I could burn it to a DVD and mail it to you ^_^
If you want to send me your address, I could mail it sometime soon. :razz:

Chukkie
09-29-2004, 10:34 AM
I just gotta say man, I never get tired of that video. I've seen it at least ten times already and I'm using it as propaganda to get my friends and family to go with me in '05. Ever thought about trying to get Animazement to post the video on their website? Next time put some more footage in to make it even more wicked cool :bigtu:

mastertaco
09-29-2004, 11:20 AM
Hmm....I didn't think about sending it to animazement, I didn't think it was that good, but why not, I may as well.
Next year, I promise I will put more work into this and make it better ^^
I feel so special, I've made propaganda! :crylaugh:

fairel
09-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Mastertaco, King of the Tacos, I want to request a favor Sir!

But yeah I was wondering.. if there was any possiblity of getting all the footage...or at least a lot of it.. on dvd or something. I would give you money and maybe my soul!

Asjova
09-29-2004, 12:44 PM
the 15 minutes takes up 4gb all on its own? how big is all the footage then?

Shadablade
09-29-2004, 02:03 PM
May be a bad spot to post it here, but did anyone by chance record the cosplay? Ill be honest and say i was too blitzed to attend it, and would really like to see it atleast after the fact. I can do vhs or dvd or almost anything inbetween...Someone plz send me a PM if we can make a deal :D sorry to be a bit of a threadjacker there ^_^

Tri23
09-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Well, the DVD's are available for purchase, or atleast ARE SUPPOSED to be available. Sorry, a little irked that the website hasn't been updated and nobody is talking. I'm not sure if it's because they are holding on content updates due to the redesign they are implimenting, or if the webmaster is busy.

Anyways.. you can purchase the 2004 Cosplay DVD for 15 bucks. There are limited copies left for purchase, and if you contact info@animazement, they probally can hook you up.

There are a couple of people here you could plead to borrow. There was actually a thread of people cheering when they finally got theirs and shipped, so I'd hit them up for it first.

Or, if you want.. I have footage of people outside watching Cosplay. Seriously, it's the next BEST thing to the actual Cosplay.

Kilayi
09-29-2004, 04:15 PM
I believe we are, but not on halloween weekend :/
Sara would like to come too, and she can't come any weekend

EDIT: she says Nov 6 weekend

mastertaco
09-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Asjova, please smack me :thumbsup:
It takes up about 40GB in uncompressed DV, but I'll be compressing to MPEG2 if I were to burn to DVD so, almost all my footage would fit one or two DVD's.

Unfortunately, I only recorded the awards of the cosplay with me camera, and I can't legally send you the one they made, since they are seling :rolleyes:

I guess, give me a week or so to compress and put together a DVD, then I can send my footage to you two who wanted it (even though, I don't think it's that good)^^ But, I must warn you, there is alot of just walking around :P

Asjova
09-29-2004, 08:45 PM
wow, just wow 40 gigs. heh. well the the walking around is the best part, just stroling around gives it a real life feel. i guess i'll take a copy, i'll be sure to pm you my address.
and let me thank you ahead of time for your effort.

Finding Beauty
09-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Asjova, please smack me :thumbsup:
It takes up about 40GB in uncompressed DV, but I'll be compressing to MPEG2 if I were to burn to DVD so, almost all my footage would fit one or two DVD's.

Unfortunately, I only recorded the awards of the cosplay with me camera, and I can't legally send you the one they made, since they are seling :rolleyes:

I guess, give me a week or so to compress and put together a DVD, then I can send my footage to you two who wanted it (even though, I don't think it's that good)^^ But, I must warn you, there is alot of just walking around :P

I would love to have all of your footage, too. I wouldn't mind "just walking around" ... ^.^ AZ was my first con experience, so I'd like to have video as a memory and all. (And I think you filmed my best friend, but the footage didn't get included.)

mastertaco
09-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Okay then, I am now making a DVD with all of the raw footage on it, I should have it ready to mail in a week or so.
The one thing is, I may have to charge like $3 or something for shipping(I am poor :thumbsup: ) since 4 or 5 people want :crylaugh:
I have a question though, Since I captured it in chunks I thought I would make a menu screen to select what you wanted, should I do this? Or should I just have a 2-hour running DVD?

fairel
09-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Okay then, I am now making a DVD with all of the raw footage on it, I should have it ready to mail in a week or so.
The one thing is, I may have to charge like $3 or something for shipping(I am poor :thumbsup: ) since 4 or 5 people want :crylaugh:
I have a question though, Since I captured it in chunks I thought I would make a menu screen to select what you wanted, should I do this? Or should I just have a 2-hour running DVD?

I have no problem paying you for the DVD. I think a menu would be great but it's not necessary.

I will PM you my address.

YOu are the greatest.

KawaiiEdea
09-29-2004, 10:50 PM
woo! The video was so cool ,its like reliving the whole thing again ^_^ and -now- I know who that person was taking a video! XD I was the ffx yuna btw *sweatdrop*

Finding Beauty
09-30-2004, 12:37 AM

I'd be happy to pay you for it -- I think you can ship a CD-weight package for about -- *Pauses to smash a mosquito on her monitor; gross.* -- $1.06, depending on what size jewel case and everything ... but, of course, if you want money for the DVD, that's cool too, since I know they're not cheap.

Just one question, er ... do you accept Paypal? :love:

Oh, and edited to say -- I'd like a menu, too, if that's cool with you.

Asjova
09-30-2004, 07:27 AM
paying is not a problem

GreatSG
09-30-2004, 08:09 AM
I believe we are, but not on halloween weekend :/
Sara would like to come too, and she can't come any weekend

Awesome, by then I can definitely have those J-rock VCDs I owe you. :bigtu:

Sh!bby
09-30-2004, 09:40 AM
:P omfg i need to get a copy!

I'll PM you my address....just send a note with how much shipping cost, along with a return address, and i'll ship you the shipping ^_^

Shadablade
09-30-2004, 09:56 AM
I think you opened the perverbial pandoras box here taco LoL! But if theres room for one more id like to be added to the list as well. PM me any shipping info and costs you think are fair (and dealing with dvd media myself i know they arnt free) and ill be sure to send you off a payment

mastertaco
09-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Okay then I will start converting and making a DVD then and hopefully be able to send by next Fri, although, it may be more than one disc to fit everything on.
:bigtu:

Kilayi
09-30-2004, 05:14 PM

Yay :dance:

Mastertaco: Would you mind making me one as well? Send me a pm with the info, please :3 (a menu sounds good if it won't be any trouble)

Chopper
09-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Nice video. I noticed a lot of audio peeks at the beginning of the video. What program are you using to edit your videos? Also the music were too loud when people were talking...other than that I enjoyed it.

Avanon
09-30-2004, 10:01 PM

Hee....Nov 6th I do believe will be teh date...usually party gettup...techno dancing and allnight party...crash out in the livin:g room watching jrock and anime....Make sure you have a good costume ~_^ I think i'll be leaving invitations open for almost everybody...perhaps get a good crowd :3

GreatSG
09-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Hee....Nov 6th I do believe will be teh date...usually party gettup...techno dancing and allnight party...crash out in the livin:g room watching jrock and anime....Make sure you have a good costume ~_^ I think i'll be leaving invitations open for almost everybody...perhaps get a good crowd :3

I have a costume planned, pretty simple but it's all I could think of,

Silly me. (http://photos.gznet.com/photos/1257875/1257875-lvNdzdkZRq.jpg)

Wait.... November 6. CRAP! I'm gonna be at Nekocon!! :waaaah:

Psychojustice
10-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Nice video man, next year I'll be in it. I think, I may be off to college by then. I'll let you know next year, when I have an outfit.

Sh!bby
10-05-2004, 08:23 AM
soooooo mastertaco.......you think you'll have it done by Friday? :P I PMed you my contact info. If you ship in a jewel case, the shipping should be very little.

Shadablade
10-05-2004, 10:29 AM
HeHe...Hey dest, dont be impatient :P Stuff liek taht does take a bit of time and i imagine taco might have a life too.....so wheres my copy? LoL j/k :D

Shadablade
10-05-2004, 10:31 AM
I just noticed that i cant spell for nothin *_*()

Chukkie
10-05-2004, 01:13 PM
What's the name and band of that "Twilight Zone" playing at the end of the video?

Shadablade
10-05-2004, 04:40 PM
What's the name and band of that "Twilight Zone" playing at the end of the video?

Im pretty sure its 2 Unlimited but as im just waking up im never sure of anything....but im pretty sure good group, lil old school but thats fine :cool:

mastertaco
10-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Im pretty sure its 2 Unlimited but as im just waking up im never sure of anything....but im pretty sure good group, lil old school but thats fine :cool:

Yep, It's 2 Unlimited.

And I'm so very sorry Luna, I will try my absolutel best to have it by Friday, however, I am moving so I just now my computer set up after 2 days of not having it :eeek:

I have the DVD and the menus made, I just need to compress into MPEG2 and start burning.

So very sorry
:waaaah:

Chukkie
10-06-2004, 07:39 AM
thanks dude. sounds like you have a nice little business venture going.

Sh!bby
10-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Yep, It's 2 Unlimited.

And I'm so very sorry Luna, I will try my absolutel best to have it by Friday, however, I am moving so I just now my computer set up after 2 days of not having it :eeek:

I have the DVD and the menus made, I just need to compress into MPEG2 and start burning.

So very sorry
:waaaah:

It's alright. I was just asking b/c there hadn't been any posts on the progress ^_^ I'm nosy like that.

*does a dance* At school, during lunch, we watch your video on my friend's laptop as a promo for AZ! We also have AMV Hell, AMV Hell 2, and Mystery Yaoi Theatre on there. XD

And Will (shadablade) I'm not being impatient. ^_^ You still work at the Scotchman?

Shadablade
10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
And Will (shadablade) I'm not being impatient. ^_^ You still work at the Scotchman?

Dropped you a PM so as not to take the thread off topic :)

Sh!bby
10-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Dropped you a PM so as not to take the thread off topic :)

aight :) that's good ^_^

mastertaco
10-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Okay then, I have the DVD's made, I just need to burn them (hope that makes sense)
So, I will send this out sometime this week :bigtu:

And chopper, sorry for never answering :thumbsup:
I am using Adobe Premeire to edit, the main reason for some of the peaks is that the audio is some parts dropped to almost nothing, so to make audible I had to use lots of boost, which unfortunately lets the audio get out of bounds ~_~

Shadablade
10-11-2004, 03:14 AM
Okay then, I have the DVD's made, I just need to burn them (hope that makes sense)
So, I will send this out sometime this week :bigtu:

Taco Da Man! :cool:

Sh!bby
10-11-2004, 07:34 PM
w00t go taco! :P *is all happy-excited* I'm actually planning a viewing party for this thing!

mastertaco
10-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Eeeeh, A viewing party? o.O
All it is me walking around around AZ talking to a bunch of people. :D
I want to apologize in advance for any: Misspelling,Messed up Character names, mislabeling, I'm not quite an Anime guru, so most likely, I've screwed something up in the menus ^_^
I did make a few changes to the compilation video, I lowered the music during interviews, and added a shot or so of spatula ninjas :rolleyes:
It is going to be two DVD's and I'm burning now, so I'll be able to ship them hopefully around wednesday maybe? :D

GreatSG
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
I want to apologize in advance for any: Misspelling,Messed up Character names, mislabeling, I'm not quite an Anime guru, so most likely, I've screwed something up in the menus ^_^
I did make a few changes to the compilation video, I lowered the music during interviews, and added a shot or so of spatula ninjas :rolleyes:
It is going to be two DVD's and I'm burning now, so I'll be able to ship them hopefully around wednesday maybe? :D

Think it would be possible to link me the 'directors cut' of the video? A friend of mine (whose girlfriend is the Aoi from Ai Yori Aoshi breifly seen in the video) wants to show it at one of our anime club meetings in a few weeks.

Also, another small request, anyway I could get a full version of you interviewing a friend of mine and my brother when they were in costume as Go Takarada and Toshi of X-Japan? You show them breifly in the video around 5.24 with G.T. pretending to cry and Toshi giving him a 'There, there' hug. I just want to see the full story behind that because my brother can't recall. XD

mastertaco
10-12-2004, 06:02 AM
By 'directors cut', I take it you just mean the slightly edited version in full quality?
Unfortunately, your brother and his friend were one of the people I interviewed with my stupid mic off :untrust:
/smackself

Shadablade
10-12-2004, 06:52 AM
I'll just take the whole enchilada :P What you figer gonna be the fair rate for this service?

Sh!bby
10-12-2004, 07:48 AM

LoL! I mean I'm getting a rediculously large amount of people together and we're all watching it! The ones that went get to go 'I REMEMBER THAT!' and the ones that didn't get to stare in awe at teh partyness. XD It's uber propaganda that my friends and I are using to get people to go.

Spatula Ninjas! Yay!

Woot! And like Shadablade asked...how much do you estimate the cost to be?

GreatSG
10-12-2004, 03:20 PM
By 'directors cut', I take it you just mean the slightly edited version in full quality?
Unfortunately, your brother and his friend were one of the people I interviewed with my stupid mic off :untrust:
/smackself

Yes, the slightly edited quality version, I figure it'll sound better on the TVs we use at the club.

And it's a shame that happened with the interview, oh well. My brother kinda remembers the story behind it now, and it made him laugh to see that little snippet. XD

fairel
10-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Soo... um I Pmed you but didn't get a reply back?? does that mean I am still getting the vid from you?.... even though I am a bit confused on how to go about paying you (how,when,where?)

I'm not doing a large viewing or anything like that. It will just be lil old me sitting with a tub of popcorn and lots of time on my hands...

oh and of course, I'll be wearing my ninja garb and have a few spatulas on hand.. for memory sake.

Sh!bby
10-13-2004, 07:34 AM
Soo... um I Pmed you but didn't get a reply back?? does that mean I am still getting the vid from you?.... even though I am a bit confused on how to go about paying you (how,when,where?)

I'm not doing a large viewing or anything like that. It will just be lil old me sitting with a tub of popcorn and lots of time on my hands...

oh and of course, I'll be wearing my ninja garb and have a few spatulas on hand.. for memory sake.

I don't think any of us got a reply, but yes we're still getting it. ^_^

For paying Taco, i guess we'll find out what costs were when it's shipped...and then send that to the return address on the package. :P

TACO, REMEMBER RETURN ADDRESS! :bigtu:

And teh ninjaz rock.

Shadablade
10-13-2004, 09:31 AM
LoL! I mean I'm getting a rediculously large amount of people together and we're all watching it! The ones that went get to go 'I REMEMBER THAT!' and the ones that didn't get to stare in awe at teh partyness. XD It's uber propaganda that my friends and I are using to get people to go.

Hey do I get invited to this party? :razz:

I'd even be nice and, *turns drunken Irish* "Bring a wee bottle of the good stuff!"

LoL j/k.....A priest's drink is not one to be trifeled with :cool:

Sh!bby
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey do I get invited to this party? :razz:

I'd even be nice and, *turns drunken Irish* "Bring a wee bottle of the good stuff!"

LoL j/k.....A priest's drink is not one to be trifeled with :cool:

i actually dunno when or where it'll be :P

quadrain61
10-14-2004, 09:16 PM
that video is greart :)

mastertaco
10-16-2004, 01:41 AM
Please please forgive me!
I didn't get to the post office in time today, so it's now closed, and I'm going to have to wait until monday :sulk:
Of course, it wouldn't go anywhere over the weekend.
I'll try and ship on Monday :bigtu:

Shadablade
10-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Hey i seriously doubt you are gonna get any complaints from us. *looks to everyone else* Right?

I know i aint griping :D No sweat man

Sh!bby
10-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Yep, Will's right. ^_^ As long as we eventually get it, we're happy <3

mastertaco
10-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Well, I shipped off all the DVD's, your package is now in the hands of the United States Postal system :razz:

Kilayi
10-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Which may mean its not too safe >_>
But it works :P

Shadablade
10-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Which may mean its not too safe >_>

Aint that the truth...I doubt there has been any integrity or honesty in the USPS since the pony express days, Screw up then and your lible to be shot....Hmmmm....*evil grin* Anyone else thinking along my wavelength? LoL
:eek: :toothy: :eek:

Sh!bby
10-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Well, I shipped off all the DVD's, your package is now in the hands of the United States Postal system :razz:

:P yay! ^_^

mastertaco
10-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Ya, I'm not the most trusting of USPS, but if someone doesn't get your package, post or PM me, and I'll ship another :bigtu:

Shadablade
10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
GOT MY DISCS! Wheeee! Yep went to the mailbox wed afternoon and there they were, Taco you rock! Remember what i told you in my PM to yas, jus lemme know if you need anything on that end.
That was a LOT of footage, did you spend the whole con behind the eyepiece? LoL!! I noticed it got pretty grainy in low light situations tho, what kind of cam were you using? (in the market for dig camcorder, but wants a real good one)
I LOVED the extended russians bit, i wish i could have seen more of them but only bumped into them once when i was a good 2 bottles in if you get my drift :P
Great menu job and i like the tweaks you made to the compilation (bit higher quality too wich was good)

Overall, Taco my hats off to you, Thanks again for the chance to relive a good weekend, but you neved did answer my question....Whats Cosplay? LoL!!! (hint disc2 chap 25) Peace bro!

Kilayi
10-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I got mine this afternoon as well :3
There was a ton of stuff, but alas, I only saw myself once, in the Hall Cosplay line.

Oh, and I noticed that you didn't record the rewarding of Hall Cosplay, just the main cosplay ;-; I was hoping that you did.

But All is well, t'was a great thing to you have sent us these! I <3 you now!

Sh!bby
10-20-2004, 06:41 PM
got it! ^_______^ watched aaaall of it......saw myself alot. :P sometimes as Kikyo (I was the one holding the Shikon jewel ^_^ ) and Tsuzuki (nobody recognized me except the rest of my Yami no Matsuei group. -.-; )

you got Iku sitting there in his Chibiroth wig with his sephy-lovin-for-pocky sign! XD priceless!

Will...you and brandon confused me. o.o And Bucky doesn't interview well ^_^; but then again my sister was feeding him lines.

Taco, you are a GOD. ^___^ And seeing the edited version with techno on a big screen made my day.

*dances*

mastertaco
10-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, My camera is a Canon ZR45, which means it's last generation DV, so it's not the best, but was all I could afford at the time :rolleyes:
More or less, I filmed just about anything that didn't run away and hide from me ^_^
The reason I didn't get the Hall Cosplay is because I didn't even know about until after the Con was over, I didn't really find this site until afterward :sulk:

So, what can I do to make it better next year? Besides making it longer of course ^-^

Finding Beauty
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
got it! ^_______^ watched aaaall of it......saw myself alot. :P sometimes as Kikyo (I was the one holding the Shikon jewel ^_^ ) and Tsuzuki (nobody recognized me except the rest of my Yami no Matsuei group. -.-; )

Waa, I SO recognized you. I was walking, walking, "WAIT, TSUZUKI?? PICTURE!"

^_^;

I'm jealous! I didn't get my DVDs yet. ;.; I figure I have to be on there somewhere, though, walking around. Since that's basically all I did.

Shadablade
10-20-2004, 10:28 PM
Will...you and brandon confused me. o.o And Bucky doesn't interview well ^_^; but then again my sister was feeding him lines.

Just a lil role play joke, if you "are" the person you are rp'ing and get asked your real name, what do you tell them? :P

Yea Bucky did sem a bit overzelous there didnt he? LoL :D

Taco: As for better...hmmm, from a tech point my only qualm might of ben the problem witht the low leval lighting and grainyness, but that would be inhearent to the limitations of the camera (im a electronics and tech nitpik so dont take this one to heart much) and you can only deal with waht u have availible.

From an asthetic (sp?) point i think you did a dam good job, I thought it was well balanced and flowed well (the compilation i am refering to ) and seemed to break at teh right times. The character overlays were a nice touch and thought the ending sequence with the russians was a good wrap up, leaves people who arnt famillier with a con or animazement seeing just enough to be curious for more without giving them too much.
Ill tell you what i got told by an AMV author a few years back.

"Amv's (and the like) are an art, not a science. If you can look back at your work and not hate it or others can tell you that they liked it, you've done your job."

Taco, You've done your job well. :cool:

Damn what a long post.......LoL

Sh!bby
10-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Waa, I SO recognized you. I was walking, walking, "WAIT, TSUZUKI?? PICTURE!"

^_^;

I'm jealous! I didn't get my DVDs yet. ;.; I figure I have to be on there somewhere, though, walking around. Since that's basically all I did.

Lol! I remember you approaching me :bigtu: You were the only one, I think, that recognized me before I got with the Yami group. And I think that was only after I acquired that spiffy slip of paper. :waaaah:

You'll get your DVD's soon ^_^

I didn't see you or Anna in them, tho :lost: I might have just missed you guys.

Finding Beauty
10-21-2004, 01:00 PM
Lol! I remember you approaching me :bigtu: You were the only one, I think, that recognized me before I got with the Yami group. And I think that was only after I acquired that spiffy slip of paper. :waaaah:

I'll admit that I recognized you because of the ofuda, but that was mostly just because I wasn't sure that you were Tsuzuki. I wondered about a few people wearing trenchcoats, but didn't want to seem stupid. Lol.

I didn't see you or Anna in them, tho :lost: I might have just missed you guys.

I got my DVDs today. ^.^

I saw our group about four times -- one shot of our friend Josh on the phone, Anna standing beside him, and me hovering as a navy blur ... then I was sitting by a plant swinging my feet (how not Tseng-like) ... there was a shot of Josh's back ... and I believe Anna from behind, buying coffee at Starbuck's (surprise, surprise).

I'm trying to figure out who the person was with a camcorder that Anna talked to, since I didn't see her being interviewed.

Thanks for sending the video, Taco. :DD

EnigmaticAngst
10-21-2004, 06:59 PM
... there was a shot of Josh's back ... and I believe Anna from behind, buying coffee at Starbuck's (surprise, surprise).

I'm trying to figure out who the person was with a camcorder that Anna talked to, since I didn't see her being interviewed.

Starbucks. *_*

My precioussss ...

-shifty glance-

Anyway ... I vant to see it now.

And yes, I'm still wondering about that. I dunno, he just stopped me and asked me if it was my first time cosplaying as Rufus and complimented me on my costume and then wandered off. -blink-

Okay, leaving to get Starbucks now. Damn you.

Sh!bby
10-21-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm going to have to re-watch that video now and look for teh Rufus-Anna and Tseng-Crystal! 0.0 *flees*

mmmm my starbucks. :jjacks:

fairel
10-21-2004, 11:59 PM
I got my VID yesterday!! So wonderful ::cries sweet tears of joy::

evenstar1
10-22-2004, 08:47 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!! that was great. i was the inuyasha in the time warp skit. yeah this would be a great way to show people exactly how much fun a con can be.