PDA

View Full Version : Oni-con pets?

AoKoneko
09-26-2004, 05:15 PM
ummm Iv never actually seen anyone bring a pet with them?
Are pets aloud at oni-con?

~AK~

jinnai
09-27-2004, 02:12 AM
if they turn into humans like fruits basket...maybe...if not, prolly not.

Gren
09-28-2004, 10:52 PM
Having pets in hotel public areas depend on the hotel policy.

Having pets in convention spefic areas is usually not allowed, due to the destruction pets can cause and harm that can come to the animal in the crowded halls of the con (Think about how many times people have complained about other con goes crashing into their wings, and that is something that is fairly close to eye level, and kept quite close to the person's body)

AoKoneko
09-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Very true ^^ It was just a -multi- type Q. If it was a small kon like Itzacon I'm sure something like that would be all right. (Well, if the pet is very well trained)
Thank you tehehe. Take care Gren and Jinnai. ^^ *bows very deeply* sorry about the well weird post. ~.~ v,v ;_; *feels really silly now*
*smiles and waves* Have fun at Oni kon.
~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
LeeLoo from the Fifth Element
Halliucination Sara from the movie The Labyrinth
Halliucincation Jarth from the movie The Labyrinth
Mokorin from Please Save my Earth
Sally from NBC
Sailor Star Fighter from Sailor Stars

jinnai
09-29-2004, 12:30 PM
^^ well its good you asked. i bet there were many with that same question, but were afraid to say it. ^_^d

Cherry
09-29-2004, 11:44 PM
ummm Iv never actually seen anyone bring a pet with them?
Are pets aloud at oni-con?

~AK~

Oni-Con personally does not have a policy on animals. You need to call and check with the hotel. I don't believe they would be allowed in convention space, but you may be allowed to have them in your room for a deposit, that you will receive back if the animals do not destroy anything.

Malicious
09-30-2004, 04:42 PM
hmmm....be pretty cool to have animals perform tricks during the cosplay event XDDD but..........they can get rowdy when they're near other animals.

AoKoneko
10-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Oni-Con personally does not have a policy on animals. You need to call and check with the hotel. I don't believe they would be allowed in convention space, but you may be allowed to have them in your room for a deposit, that you will receive back if the animals do not destroy anything.

Tys for the note Cherry. Most Hotels do allow Pets thow. (my mother works for AmericanAirlines and my Sig father is a body guard. So we/I travel ALOT. I more or less live in hotels then I do at home base)
It was just a question...I would never put 1 of my babies/pets threw something like cosplaying. ( even thow I have made a Kimono's for the cat and dog, a Cowboy costume, a Santa costume, and a Vampire costume for the dog. Sassa Suki already looks like Luna so she doesn't need a costume ^^)

~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
Halliucination Sara from the movie The Labyrinth-Char Change to- Leana from AoTsuki
Sally from NBC

AoKoneko
10-01-2004, 07:07 AM
hmmm....be pretty cool to have animals perform tricks during the cosplay event XDDD but..........they can get rowdy when they're near other animals.

Well, if I was going to bring a pet, it would have to be my puppy Toby. He looks just like Harriets doggy from Argentosoma &
I'd do a Harriet Bartholomew cosplay with him. Heh heh ^^ *smiles*
He's a VERY well trained dog and is people crazy! Little kids love him cause he looks like what I call "a big teddy bear". He'd be all wiggly/hyper if I brought him to a kon.

~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
Halliucination Sara from the movie The Labyrinth-Char Change to- Leana from AoTsuki
Sally from NBC