PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesnít like Inuyasha?

Marychan
09-26-2004, 07:23 PM
:japan: Gomen. Please donít hate me, but I really donít like the series.

:argue: My best friend and I had a fight about anime again yesterday, surprising as it wasnít about yaoi ( me yaoi fangrl her anti-yaoi). This time it was about Inuyasha I am not oblivious to the fact of how popular and successful this anime is. Heck that is why I started following it on Adult Swim. No matter how hard I try I still canít get into the series, Why?

1.KagomeĖgreat another annoying anime grls that needs to fall off a cliff. :mad:
2.Inyunasha Ė is he aborable or just plain irrataing.
3.If you donít like the protagonist its downhill from there.

My best friend tells me that I'm a baka and is in fact the only one in the world who doesnít like the series. This makes me fell lonely. :walkoff:

I think Sesshoumaru is hot, and the only good thing about the show. Please dun flame me Inyunasha fan, I have a weak heart, (no not really I just dun want to put up with useless crap.)

In Conclusion. I donít hate the anime persay, I just dun know why everyone LOVES it.

Bahzi
09-26-2004, 07:28 PM
This is the wrong place for this, this goes in anime chat, not anime costumes. I'm sure there's some people who don't like Inuyasha, and only really immature people will flame you for not liking it, I hate DBZ and no one's ever crucified me ^^

*edit* even though the boa question is here this will probably still get moved, but the boa thing is just faux fur..and a lot of it. I'm using about 2 yards of it plus sewing another peice on half way through...the thing attaches under the arm so it's about 8 feet long altogether. I recommend handsewing faux fur though with a slip stitch so seams don't show that much.

Marychan
09-26-2004, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Animeisha]This is the wrong place for this, this goes in anime chat, not anime costumes. I'm sure there's some people who don't like Inuyasha, and only really immature people will flame you for not liking it, I hate DBZ and no one's ever crucified me ^^

AH thanks for pointing that out, such a baka. I don't know how to delete a forum so I guest the staff will have to move it. Very sorry about this incovenience I'll be more careful next time. I'll erase the last question so it goes in the right section. GOMEN.

Michi
09-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm not horribly fond of the series. It seems to go on too long for me to really want to get into it, even though I've tried. Every episode seems the same. Oh well. Some of the characters are cute, and I have seen a good number of episodes. I just can't imagine myself owning any of it ever. ^^; Especially with the small amount of episodes released on every domestic DVD, it just makes it worse with how long and repetitive the series seems. Ugh.

alllie
09-28-2004, 12:14 AM
I used to agree with you (and i continue to dislike any million-episode series released with three episodes per dvd) but Inuyasha did finally manage to win me over. I still can't see why anybody would like Kagome, who is consistently rude, immature, and violent--to a demon, no less--and I originally started watching only because Inuyasha struck me as so ridiculous it at least made the show funny. But as the show went on, episode after episode after episode, all the things that originally made me think of Inuyasha as a big slobbering dolt turned from aggravating to sweet and really endearing. What it comes down to is (and i know this is hardly in depth psychology) that Inuyasha's relationship with the entire outside world is based mostly on his insecurities, which is a terrible way to live. His mother is gone, and the only person he loved in the world has been killed. All the supporting characters make fun of him, call him names, insult his integrity as a warrior, and ask him why he still "has a thing for a dead girl." His own brother is after his life. He really doesn't have a defective character, just a dysfunctional way of dealing with a world that involves him being loud, crude, and swinging a big sword around.

Jaina Solo
09-28-2004, 01:35 AM
LoL. In the beginning, when Inuyasha started getting crazy-popular on AS (it still is), I was wondering what all the hype was about. I didn't think a boy with dog-ears was so cool. I was too busy watching Trigun to care about Inuyasha.

The show did eventually grow on me, however. I think I just happened to watch a pretty interesting episode (I think it was the one where Inuyasha meets his dead mother, who ends up not having a face/is actually a sad dead demon or something) that piqued my interest, so I ended up watching all 52 eps. on AS. After watching all the episodes, though, I wasn't so interested as to watch them all over again. I ended up downloading the later episodes that I wanted to see, and sometimes when Inuyasha is on and I'm up I'll watch it on AS (I try to catch the new eps. on Saturday nights, but I've missed the last 3). I think Inuyasha is an interesting concept, and I like the characters, but my attention span is just too short to follow a 167 episode series.

Unless, of course, Kenshin went on for 167 episodes. Then I'd follow it. XD

b70k3n
09-28-2004, 07:09 AM
I think Inu Yasha would have been great if they'd cut it down to only 2 seasons, but it looks a lot like Takahashi's going the same way with this series she did with Ranma 1/2. I loved Ranma right up through the third season... then it started getting desperate. I think this series is going the same way, only she learned to throw the stupid episodes into the middle of the storyline. I like this series because I like Kikyo's charecter (I think I'm in the minority there thu) and because I like watching Inu-Baka being tortured by the supporting charecters.. I'm amazed he lets them live. I would have turned the wind scar on them by now.

R1KKu
09-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Wrong place, like mentioned, but I will post anyways. =)

Yeah, I wasnt too familiar with the series a few years back, then I saw hordes upon hordes of Inuyashas at a convention, and I wanted to throw up. I noticed that Cartoon Network was playing it, so I started watching a few episodes, and I think its alright, a nice handful of characters coming and going, the fights are good and short, sometimes unpredictable, not spanning 5 or so episodes like a previously mentioned series. It is kinda carrying on a bit, I dont mind it being open ended either. The only thing that bothers me... certain voice actors who are really irritating. Is he like that in Ranma??? Oh and 3 episodes per dvd, nuh uh; while I like the series (and having a decent amount of the dvds already) Im not spending an arm and a leg for it all.

Jaina Solo
09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
It's really amazing how Takahashi can write hundreds upon hundreds of pages of pure fluff with as little real storyline as possible. Sure, it might take awhile to collect all the shards, but really--if people missed the 90% of the show that has absolutely nothing to do with the main storyline, they'd still understand what's going on. Seems like a big waste of time to me...

Michi
09-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Sure, it might take awhile to collect all the shards

Did they ever say how many? o_o So they've really taken like.. nearly 200 episodes to find shards? She's still writing the manga too isn't she? Dear god. o___o

Coatri
09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
hmm Inuyasha's ok, I like it but It's not one of my favourites. I don't find anything too overly likable about the characters, the only one I really did like was Yura, that evil girl who strangled people with invisible hairs, but she died like in the very beginning of the second manga ;_; but it's still kool

Bahzi
09-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Did they ever say how many? o_o So they've really taken like.. nearly 200 episodes to find shards? She's still writing the manga too isn't she? Dear god. o___o

The manga seems to be winding down a bit, I'd imagine at least another 10-15 chapters though. The odd and somewhat annoying thing is that the anime ends and the manga keeps going so the anime gave us a cop-out ending...damn it I've stayed with it this long what happens to Naraku? They have said there will be other inuyasha projects, meaning movies and a possible OVA but it's still quite annoying, if you're going to make a 167 episode series, why not make it 200 and finish it properly?

Marychan
09-28-2004, 07:21 PM
AH AH in your face best freind of mine I am not the only one in the world. :jjacks:

alllie: Okay you convince me. GIVES Inyuasha a HUG.

:crylaugh: 150+ episode oh my I didn't even know. By the time they find all the jewl shards they will discover that there is acually another item more powerful that a jewl chard. Shakes head.

Well someone tell me when Inyuasha has had it with Kagome and push her off a cliff, then I'll think I'll resume watching it.

Once again I apologize of my bakaness in posting this in the wrong place. Gomen.

Bahzi
09-28-2004, 07:28 PM
You know it's funny, I really hate the english Kagome..like I would be thrilled if he pushed her off a cliff too but almostlike the japanese Kagome, I swear, she is so much more likeable and less annoying. Moneca Stori has the most annoying voice IMO.

Malicious
09-28-2004, 08:27 PM
i've seen a few episodes...pretty good......but 100+ episodes?!?!? almost makes me NOT want to watch it....and yeah......ranma was alot of filler, and no story....didn't even get cured!! raawwrr!! i don't think he did in the manga either! personally... i think storylines are very important,,, otherwise the anime is just really vague. sure it's entertaining to watch but......ur going to have alot of questions at the end that aren't answered and ur going to get angry and hate the show forever!!

Michi
09-28-2004, 08:38 PM
The manga seems to be winding down a bit, I'd imagine at least another 10-15 chapters though. The odd and somewhat annoying thing is that the anime ends and the manga keeps going so the anime gave us a cop-out ending...damn it I've stayed with it this long what happens to Naraku? They have said there will be other inuyasha projects, meaning movies and a possible OVA but it's still quite annoying, if you're going to make a 167 episode series, why not make it 200 and finish it properly?

Oh wow, I didn't know that the anime was over. Odd. It's kinda annoying when they do that... Ending animes before the manga and whatnot.. @_x Oh well. Did they just run out of funding or just decide to end it, do you know?

but 100+ episodes?!?!?

There's several anime out there past 100 episodes. :P

Bahzi
09-28-2004, 08:49 PM
I have no idea...but I doubt it's a funding issue since a new movie's coming out in Japan this December...they probably just got sick of it...or want to make a direct to video OVA and charge a fotune for it in Japan since they know people who saw the whole series will pay for it...very annoying.

R1KKu
09-28-2004, 09:20 PM
...damn it I've stayed with it this long what happens to Naraku?

*spoiler*???

Didnt something happen to him in the 2nd movie??? I havent had a chance to watch all of it yet.

I'm so jealous of Japan. They already have a 4th movie coming out there, and we just got the 1st movie out on DVD a few weeks ago.

I just hope they dont drag onto the story a whole lot with the movies =\

Bahzi
09-28-2004, 09:37 PM
*Spoilers*

Yeah, it did but the movies don't seem to have any impact on the series, kinda like the Tenchi movies, completely separate... at the end of the show he's still at large.

Chibi Plush Toy
09-28-2004, 10:19 PM
no you not the only one.. i hate inu yasha too...but what does it have to do with cosplay for this part of the forum??

Marychan
09-28-2004, 10:30 PM
*spoiler*???

Didnt something happen to him in the 2nd movie??? I havent had a chance to watch all of it yet.

\\=\

Indeed Naraku returned in the 2nd movie, I watch it in my anime club. I voted for FAKE but it loss.
Note: Kagome is still annoying, although is much more tolerable in Japanese.
The best thing about the movie was for about three second you saw Sesshoumaru.

Gomen again, I know this is in the wrong place when Animeisha (btw you have the cutest Avatar) inform me. I thought the staff would move it but I guest they're just too busy. Sorry.

InuPhoenix
09-29-2004, 02:15 PM
oki ^_^* BIG IY FAN um heh? yea i know your probably wondering'what the heck is she posting here" i was intrigued and wondering about the same thing. ive never disliked IY my bother got me into it around like the 70th episode and he got me the first episodes 2 christmases ago :crylaugh: but I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE WHOLE AMERICAN KAGOME NEEDS TO JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!! lol ^_^* needed to get that off my chest. seriously wouldnt someone witha deeper voice be better? not to mention maybe she should read the storyline a lil' deeper i mean at somepoints where kagome is super worried she makes her sound like "blah" grrr!!!!! but yes i am a big IY fan dont get me wrong! and kagome is one of my favorite characters (character NOT VOICE!!) but i do like others and i got into IY before it became mainstream

CosplayerGabi
09-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Talk about milking the cash cow. I really do wonder about Takehashi....does she really like making up fluff or is she dragging it out for money or until she comes up with the next idea.
I don't actually know the answer. I can't assume either because the start of her stories have such interesting premise.

Even Sailor Moon had an ending at 200. Told the story, had some fluff, sold some toys and that was it...

If I see another cop out ending from her like Ranma I'm not going to bother with her stuff anymore. Such a rollercoster ride for no resolution..

Gab

Michi
09-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Talk about milking the cash cow. I really do wonder about Takehashi....does she really like making up fluff or is she dragging it out for money or until she comes up with the next idea.
I don't actually know the answer. I can't assume either because the start of her stories have such interesting premise.

That's so true. She has such great ideas, but everything she does goes on forever, it seems. @_@; Isn't Urusei Yatsura really long too? I don't think Maison Ikkoku was nearly as long as those though, and I know she has other shorter works.

But man that sucks that Inuyasha's anime just kinda ended before the manga. You follow that many episodes and then... Geez. Anyone wanna tell me what they did to end the anime? ^^ I'd love to know. PM me. I don't care about spoilers, 'cause there's no way I'd sit down and watch all of the series anyway.. Unless I was like, really bored. I don't know. :P Hahahaha.

Didn't Ranma's anime end before the manga too? Dude. Then they made a bunch of random OAVs and stuff... I wonder if that's how Inuyasha will go.

Senko-chan
09-29-2004, 03:35 PM
You are deffinatly not alone. I think that that american script completely messes it up (the movies are okay) the main reason why I watch it once in awhile is for SesshomaruSama...I dont get why everyone likes InuYasha... I can honestly say...Runiko Takehashi is NOT one of my favorite mangakas or anything like that.

Marychan
09-29-2004, 04:04 PM
InuPhoenix: Don't worry I don't mind a different opinion.

HUGS everyone, its nice to know that I am not the only one. Sometimes it hard when you wonder Ďoh shit there must be something wrong if Iím the only one who thinks this way.í Which for me is like everyday. HEHE.

Always going against the crowd, keeps life interesting. NE.

Kanna-chan
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
You're nooot alooone.

I don't like the Inuyasha series much either. It gets a bit repetetive and boring after a while. Pretty much the only reason I read anymore is because o' Bankotsu, Jakotsu, and Hakudoushi...not to mention I want to find out what ever happens to Kikyou, too. (She's so spiffy.)

I agree with you all about Kagome in the dub, though. She's annoying. So I haven't seen the sub...but I think Kagome is more likeable in the manga, although I still like Kikyou better.

sugarbyte
09-29-2004, 07:56 PM
I never really got into the series, but I watched an episode or two, and the characters are really dull looking and the story really didn't interest me that much..

Wind Archer
09-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Well I don't think that's true that you're the only one that hates this anime, there could be a lot of people out there that don't like it too. My sister doesn't like it lol.

Anime is all of a matter of choice. It makes no differance if you like it or not. There's no need to feel lonely. *gives Dark Mistress pocky and a hug* lol. ^_^

Shaman Soul
09-29-2004, 09:21 PM
the dubbing on cn is terrible, but what does that have to do with costume discssion ? this belongs in the anime chat section..... X_X"

Shaman Soul
09-29-2004, 09:24 PM
im very sorry to double post people, but inupheonix, your signature is way too big, it is only suppost to be 8 lines long, some people out there still dial up, and it really slows down their connections. k? :) just helping out ;)

Michi
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I think it's funny everyone hates the dub.. Most of the actors are from the Ranma 1/2 dub, which was one of the better dubs out there. But um, Kagome's actress wasn't in that. She was Laura in Hamtaro, though. :P

Wind Archer
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Hey I noticed that too! Kagome is Laura in Hamtaro. XD

Bahzi
09-29-2004, 09:35 PM
We know this isn't where this belongs but no one has moved it so it's fair game, it's been here for days. I don't hate the dub...just some of the voices. I really like Richard Cox's Inuyasha, and Miroku, Shippou, and Sango are pretty good as well. Kagome's dub voice annoys me, but not enough for me to buy all the dvd's, I stopped at 13, and they were christmas presents... 167 eps divided by 3 eps a disc is 55 or 56 discs..meaning if I could find them for as little as $18 a disc it would be about $1000, and they're usually about $20 a disc...as Inuyasha would say, Keh! I relly like the series, but not that much!

Marychan
09-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Wind Archer: eats pocky enthuscially and glomps back.

Acually glomps everyone for posting and giving their bits and peices about Inyuasha. So most of us agree that one down-point about the anime is the poor dub, Kagome. Its hard to find good quality dubbing these day. Infact I usually watch sub when I'm not lazy, although Fruits Basket has the most awsome dub, ah oh I feel off topic train starting up.

I think I'll start a list, ways to improve Inyuasha:
1. Better Dubbing or at least Get another voice actress for Kagome
2. Keep episode succint and fresh.

I think that was the juice of it right?

videogamefanboy
09-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I am not a fan of Inu Yasha at all the only thing it does for me is help me get to sleep.

ZakuKitty
09-29-2004, 11:43 PM
I never cared for it either. Just never got into it.

Jaina Solo
09-30-2004, 02:26 AM
LoL... Well, here goes:

I don't think Monica Stori is that bad.

*Throws arms up in self defense* Don't hurt me!

I do agree that the dub is rarely ever as good as the original, but I do respect the fact that redubbing a show is difficult enough on its own, not to mention voice actors actually have to ACT on top of that... I think they did a fine job dubbing Inuyasha, although it's obviously very hard to beat Kappei Yamaguchi. On the flip side, while I certainly have a great appreciation for the original Kenshin cast and Mayo Suzukaze, I'm madly in love with Richard Hayworth's voice for Kenshin and I really like the Kenshin dub.

*Again, throws her arms up in self defense*

I guess it's probably all in what you hear first. For example, I watched the dub of Kenshin first, so I learned to really like it. On the other hand, I heard the Kare Kano sub first, so now whenever I hear the dub of it (which I've heard is one of the best dubs out there) I cringe and curl up in the fetal position. I guess since I've seen an equal amount of Inuyasha subs and dubs I'm not really biased towards either one (although I do looooooove Kappei Yamaguchi)...

BTW, in case you don't know how hard it is to actually dub a show, just watch the Kenshin dubbing outtakes. Not only are they ROFLMAO funny, they really show you how hard it is to get things JUST right.

yugifan818
09-30-2004, 12:22 PM
i love all the anime i have ever seen, but i do think that there all better in the original japenese, and ur right about dubbing them cus it takes a lot of work to translate it then to act them out just right