PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Rock Lee

sasuke0
09-30-2004, 11:59 AM
im trying to pull together a rock lee oufit, however there is a problem...we dont have the same complexion :waaaah: im black (actually brown). is that a problem??

im getting the headband but i need everything else, any suggestions???

im new to cosplay so please help :bigtu:

Number_09
09-30-2004, 03:20 PM
You being brown isn't a problem at all! As long as you enjoy cosplaying it's all cool...

xsamuraizer0
09-30-2004, 06:02 PM
lol thats no problem , I did rock lee and am brown alot of ppl liked my rock lee cause when they asked me if i was rock lee or not I said yea the one when he opens the life gate
http://photobucket.com/albums/v254/Xsamuraizer0/Cosplay%20Progress/?action=view&current=Rock_Lee_concept.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v254/Xsamuraizer0/Otakon%202004/?action=view&current=18ota1058.jpg

If u got any questions u can always PM me Good luck man

Matsuki
09-30-2004, 06:20 PM
yeah, its okay to be a brown rock lee =D
my friend's friend has dark skin and he made a pretty cool rock lee. :bigtu:

janmurphy
10-01-2004, 12:00 AM
In fact Samuraizer is one of the best Rock Lee's Ive ever seen!

pyrosam
10-01-2004, 03:08 PM
just make it a worth while costume... if you like it and are proud of it other people will like it to just remember the wise saying "someone in the world is doing the exact same thing right...*now*..." so what if someones tan when most anime characters are anemicly white?

xsamuraizer0
10-01-2004, 03:35 PM
In fact Samuraizer is one of the best Rock Lee's Ive ever seen!
^_^ Thanks

sasuke0
10-01-2004, 11:22 PM
so does anyone have any suggestions on making my rock lee outfit (or where to get a wig that matches his hair????)

xsamuraizer0
10-02-2004, 06:16 AM
for his outfit u can just use sweat pants and a trutle neck , As for the belt you are gonna have to make it get red fabric and start sewing

sorry I cant help you with the wig i used my real hair but if anything try party city

_Mandy_
10-02-2004, 12:10 PM
You could try browsing the cosplay.com wigs for one that you could style. I don't think you'll find a wig cut exatly like his, so you're going to have to cut it yourself most likely. I really wouldn't recommend party city wigs just because they tend to be poor quality. I think a short wig should run about 20 dollars. KaneKelon fiber is the best kind to get.

If you don't want to sew a bodysuit, just do what samuraizer said. I know I found bodysuit patterns awhile back when looking for stuff to make my Sango costume with. For the belt, isn't it just his headband? If you're skinny enough, you could just tie the one you bought around. If not, I'd buy a headband, remove the studs, make your own belt, and then attach the metal peice to it. For legwarmers, I'd take orange fabric and make my own. You might want to pin-stripe them using black fabric paint, if you're going for uber-accuracy. You can buy small brushes for pin-striping.

sasuke0
10-04-2004, 08:42 AM
aww i gotta learn how to fix a wig to match his hair....oh well

-Nayami-
10-04-2004, 09:35 AM
so does anyone have any suggestions on making my rock lee outfit (or where to get a wig that matches his hair????)

It seems to me that a Cleopatra-type wig would work, with little bit of cutting. I could be wrong, though--I'm not exactly that great with wigs, and I'm even worse about judging what to use for cosplay (hence why all my wigs are custom ordered...)

_Mandy_
10-04-2004, 04:13 PM

If you don't know how to cut a wig, I'd practice on some cheap party city wigs first. Sometimes, with longer wigs, it doesn't cover the bottom of your scalp and if you cut it then there's no wig covering the back of your hair. I also recommend getting a wig cap. Even if you have short hair, it still helps to keep it from showing through the wig and stickingout in off places. There's a few short wigs on cosplay .com that would work well for it.

sasuke0
10-06-2004, 07:58 AM
thanx for the help