PDA

View Full Version : What hotel is the convention hosted at?

Aleathia Burns
09-30-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey fellow Cosplayers YunaBrat here and I am thinking about going to an out of state convention for the fisrt time and I choose this one yaaaay!!!! I was wondering in order for me to go I have to start a budget plan, and that plan can only be activated if I have info on the hotel so that way I know how much money to save on. Can anyone tell me about it and if there is any more hotels in the area that have reasonble prices as well? Thanks and I can't wait to go cuz I hope can afford this trip to Virginia all the way from Georgia. :jjacks:

dizzylizzy
09-30-2004, 11:19 PM
http://www.animemidatlantic.com/

it's the holiday day inn koger center. it's actually a SMALL con in a small hotel. (though it is getting bigger. O.o) i don't recall there being any hotels next door, though i really could be wrong. you're best bet is to stay at that one since they'll offer a discounted rate. :)

Aleathia Burns
10-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks I'll look into it. Also I want to know about the Maqurade and the costume contest cuz I read that it is Two in One; a Cosplay contest and a costume contest. Can my group get pre - judged and then enter the masqurade as walk ons, or do we have to enter the masqurade anyway and walk on? Kinda confusing but I tried to figure it out but I still need some help thanks.

Xavier
10-02-2004, 07:49 AM
there is a hampton inn and a days inn nearby i believe ... like above said, recommend to stay within same hotel as con, since i believe also that the hotels nearby involves crossing a 8 lane turnpike.

dizzylizzy
10-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks I'll look into it. Also I want to know about the Maqurade and the costume contest cuz I read that it is Two in One; a Cosplay contest and a costume contest. Can my group get pre - judged and then enter the masqurade as walk ons, or do we have to enter the masqurade anyway and walk on? Kinda confusing but I tried to figure it out but I still need some help thanks.

Masq- you either do a skit or a walk on. Usually cons hav pre-reg for that though last year we didn't pre-reg. we signed up when we got there.

Costume contest- That's the hall cosplay contest. It involve you getting judged in a room or area. There are no skits, no masq. At Otakon this year, if you participated in the hall cosplay contest on sat you had to do the "fashion show" whcih involved walking arcoss the stage. I highkly doubt AMA will do that.

Aleathia Burns
10-02-2004, 04:22 PM
I see now thanks. I know at Dragon Con they had a hall costume Contest and showed the winners that night at the masqurade on a screen so I guess they will do that at A.M.A. Sounds cool and I have decided to stay at the host hotel. Thanks guys. Now to plan on getting there is another hurdle I have to jump over.