PDA

View Full Version : Help On Subaru Form hack//sing

GoddesSilverRos
10-01-2004, 04:26 PM
I was woundering on how you do Subaru's under skirt? I am working on her oufit but I do not know how to go about her under skirt.

Vahnm
10-03-2004, 06:00 PM
If you mean the greenish blue part, I have my own technique. You need to make the larger portion reach from your hips to your ankles, maybe a little above. The portion you see over that (not the purple over skirt) should be half the size of the one I just mentioned. I recomend using elastic for the waste area.

I'm doing the same costume :D

GoddesSilverRos
10-04-2004, 12:29 AM
:-D Thank you there is little pleats in her skirt also I am not sure how to do them. I am sorry that I am asking so much.

kagehikari
10-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Pleats, the bane of any sane seamstress/tailor....

Actually, pleats are rather simple to make, if time-consuming.

Two ways I can suggest...

First, the real-pleat method:
Make a fold-over all the way down the length of the skirt, with the exact depth of the pleat that you want. Baste it down. Do this for all the pleats. Press. Sew a binding at the top of the skirt. Press.
Remove basting. Starch and press. Hem. Starch and press.

Second, the fake-pleat method (aka, gathering):
Sew a single line at the top of the skirt fabric, with a loose stitch. Pull the bobbin thread until the fabric bunches to gather it. Sew a binding. Press binding. Hem. Press hem. Press folds.

The first method is always the best choice for pleats, since it lasts much longer and just looks prettier, but it doesn't work very well with lightweight fabrics.