PDA

View Full Version : a few questions....

Azhures
10-03-2004, 09:03 PM
Uh... being completely heterosexual... is it normal to be male and like yaoi? I don't see it as a sexual outlet... I just appreciate the artwork. I am kinda confused and don't know what to think...

Also, is Yaoi con worth alot of trouble to go to? I might go in a few years. I mean, I live in Maryland and might save up to take me and a friend to Yaoi con.

Just odd... I don't know how to feel about my new found interest in yaoi though.

Ashe
10-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Not at all, considering most of the guys look like girls anyway. I don't think aesthetic tastes necessarily dictate sexual preference.

zell_dincht
10-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Nope, not at all. Though people may see it kinda weird. But I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Azhures
10-05-2004, 10:29 PM
ok. Because this is one of those touchy subjects to people. I mean if I say "I like Yaoi" to somebody they respond like "oh my god you (insert degrading name here)" You get the picture... it is just odd because they insinuate that I am the bad person... I just needed some closure on that issue...

But is the convention fun to go to? Like, what can I expect to happen there... besides my friend wanting to auction me off...

Sixshot
10-06-2004, 05:26 PM
It's normal enough; it's hard for me to back that up because I like it but I'm bisexual so I'm only half in your ballpark there. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

As for the con, really the experience differs from person to person. Me, I wind up being hugged a lot out of the blue O_o

zell_dincht
10-06-2004, 08:45 PM
It's normal enough; it's hard for me to back that up because I like it but I'm bisexual so I'm only half in your ballpark there. But I don't see anything wrong with it.

As for the con, really the experience differs from person to person. Me, I wind up being hugged a lot out of the blue O_o
I agree with Sixshot.

Yeah, I think it's quite normal enough. Also, there are quite less screaming fangirls since this is an 18+ con. Otherwise, it'll be hard to tell you anything else because I am bisexual myself (though I tend to lean towards the male species). But as Sixshot said, I don't see anything wrong with it.

As for the con itself, I always love going there every year. I hug quite a bit of people there and get hugged quite a bit myself. I'll be the bouncy Zell you see there on the first day so don't be afraid to say hi.

Azhures
10-06-2004, 10:53 PM
yeah. I have had bad experience with fan girls... But since I am 16 right now, I got some waiting to do before I go to Yaoi con lol. I wish I could go, but yeah. I haven't been to a con before, so Otakon 2005 will be my first... Unless any others arise close to Maryland before Otakon.

But yeah. It sounds like a fun convention. It is just if I go, my friend would make me stuff her in a suitcase and take her. but I guess maybe Yaoi Con 2006 is when I will go. Since I will have that money from graduating, and SHOULD be on a road trip with some friends in a short bus! w00t! lol. But yeah, it seems pretty cool. How would I explain that though? "Yeah, we need to stop by San Fran... Gotta go to Yaoi con."

I dont think I would make it home then... Looks like I might have to leave with somebody! lol. But yeah. When I graduate I plan to go to a whole bunch of places...

Michilo
02-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah I'm a tad confused on it all too. Like I like yaoi and I'm straight and people are all weirded out when I tell them what it is and my intrest in it. Then again, most of the people who are are like "what is anime again?" so ya know...

rayn
02-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Uh... being completely heterosexual... is it normal to be male and like yaoi? I don't see it as a sexual outlet... I just appreciate the artwork. I am kinda confused and don't know what to think...

Also, is Yaoi con worth alot of trouble to go to? I might go in a few years. I mean, I live in Maryland and might save up to take me and a friend to Yaoi con.

Just odd... I don't know how to feel about my new found interest in yaoi though.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it. No one would think it was odd for a girl to be straight and like Yuri. You should never feel odd or be ashamed of the things you like, regardless of the reasons.

rayn
02-27-2005, 10:30 AM
yeah. I have had bad experience with fan girls... But since I am 16 right now, I got some waiting to do before I go to Yaoi con lol. I wish I could go, but yeah. I haven't been to a con before, so Otakon 2005 will be my first... Unless any others arise close to Maryland before Otakon.

But yeah. It sounds like a fun convention. It is just if I go, my friend would make me stuff her in a suitcase and take her. but I guess maybe Yaoi Con 2006 is when I will go. Since I will have that money from graduating, and SHOULD be on a road trip with some friends in a short bus! w00t! lol. But yeah, it seems pretty cool. How would I explain that though? "Yeah, we need to stop by San Fran... Gotta go to Yaoi con."

I dont think I would make it home then... Looks like I might have to leave with somebody! lol. But yeah. When I graduate I plan to go to a whole bunch of places...

Screaming fangirls irritate me. I spent last Otakon making an attempt at protecting this one guy I met there. He was 15 or something ad he was dressed as Inuyasha... He was all adorable with squeaky ears and got tackled by a bunch of girls who pulled his wig off. I felt so bad for him.... Im all for hugging and glomping and the like.. but there is no excuse to get that out of hand... It'll be nice to go to Yaoi con and not deal with it so much.
By the way, Otakon is great. Have fun! I'm trying to go back this year, but my boyfriend comes home then from Iraq on leave for two weeks so I may not be able to. *cries*

YukiPhnx
02-27-2005, 06:01 PM
i have guy friends who are straight and like yaoi, if that's any consolation........
people jus automatically assume ur gay if u like yaoi, or les if you like yuri. but ti's not always the sexual implications that makes that genre good.

and con experiences are different from everyone. one person may love a con, while another may hate the same con. u have to experience it for yourself