PDA

View Full Version : Sports Manga/Anime Cosplayers

HowiePoof
10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Prince of Tennis cosplayers are a given at Y-Con, but I want to know if anybody is going to be cosplaying characters from any other sports manga/anime? Me and my friend are going to be cosplaying Mr. Fullswing and possibly Eyeshield 21.

jetspectacular
10-06-2004, 03:42 PM
OMFG, I NEED TO COSPLAY MR. FULLSWING!!!
DIBS ON TOMARU!!! (have a wig, and gameboy ready, ehehehe...)

and *someone* has to cosplay Inukai... i will provide wig/uniform, seriously...! Howiepoof, who were you thinking of Cos'ing for Mr.Fullswing?

and along the lines of Shounen manga that *needs* to be rep'ped at ycon, AirGear would be cool.. Tomaru is already pretty close to Agito/Akito, i may throw that on my list because itss just too incredibly easy...

Sixshot
10-06-2004, 05:31 PM
On a rare occassion there is Hikaru no Go but that's not really a sport. Other than that I've never seen any outside of POT.

HowiePoof
10-06-2004, 07:04 PM
OMFG, I NEED TO COSPLAY MR. FULLSWING!!!
DIBS ON TOMARU!!! (have a wig, and gameboy ready, ehehehe...)

and *someone* has to cosplay Inukai... i will provide wig/uniform, seriously...! Howiepoof, who were you thinking of Cos'ing for Mr.Fullswing?

I'm going to cosplay Saruno. I'm going to have two bats like he does on the cover of volume 2. I can't remember who my friend was going to cosplay, but I don't think it was Inukai. I need an Inukai to bully around and call a ganguro ^_^

jetspectacular
10-06-2004, 09:46 PM
hey yah XD ok then if there's 2 other people, i'm definately in on this one. i suppose of you and your bud are going to do the Juunishi uniforms I should also :3 wootwoot, It's Tomaru time XD

..i'mma going to have to use Tshirt cotton though...

do you have any reference pics to share? all I have of MrFs is what Ignition One has up...

oh, and the offer still stands on the Inukai thing, not too many of my guy friends are keen about coming to Ycon with me, let alone letting me dress them up >__> you have any friends who may fit?

On a rare occassion there is Hikaru no Go but that's not really a sport. awww Hikago cosplay at Ycon is rare?? well now.. tha'ts kinda sad, given how much doujin there is out there..even still being produced... I have a HnG outfit but i'm kinda past that phase too. it took a lot out of me x.x

Chas
10-07-2004, 01:43 AM
I was actually planning on trying a casual Sakuraba-kun for Yaoi-con. I think I'd definitely feel more compelled to if I knew there would be more ES21 cosplayers besides just myself there. ^_^;;

HowiePoof
10-07-2004, 02:38 AM
I was actually planning on trying a casual Sakuraba-kun for Yaoi-con. I think I'd definitely feel more compelled to if I knew there would be more ES21 cosplayers besides just myself there. ^_^;;

If me and my friend cosplay Sena and Hiruma we'll be doing school uniform versions. I'll be wearing Sena's ghetto manager shirt though. If you do Sakuraba you NEED the burger hat! Burger hat is love!

Chas
10-07-2004, 02:57 AM
Ohh, man. BURGER HAT YES. I'll DEFINITELY see what I can do. XD (It'd be so cool to see Sena and Hiruma cosplayers...! They're my favorites!)

HowiePoof
10-08-2004, 08:33 PM
hey yah XD ok then if there's 2 other people, i'm definately in on this one. i suppose of you and your bud are going to do the Juunishi uniforms I should also :3 wootwoot, It's Tomaru time XD

..i'mma going to have to use Tshirt cotton though...

do you have any reference pics to share? all I have of MrFs is what Ignition One has up...

oh, and the offer still stands on the Inukai thing, not too many of my guy friends are keen about coming to Ycon with me, let alone letting me dress them up >__> you have any friends who may fit?

My friend is making us the jerseys. I believe she's going to buy plain white jerseys and add the trim and lettering herself. I'm sure I have some nice reference pics somewhere, I'll have to dig through a stack of Jumps and scan them but I'll be willing to share ^_^ And I don't know if I can find somebody to take you up on your Inukai offer but I'll keep an eye out ^_^

jetspectacular
10-10-2004, 01:28 AM
I hate myself for taking it back, but I have no real time to make a Juunishi uniform... or even Tomaru's hat/wristbands, now that I think about it.. I'm going as Shiba, ala something like the pic attatched... Or I may be able to make a realyl fast uniform, but wear it with jeans..

and woah, zomg I wanna see eyeshield cosplay XD

HowiePoof
10-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I hate myself for taking it back, but I have no real time to make a Juunishi uniform... or even Tomaru's hat/wristbands, now that I think about it.. I'm going as Shiba, ala something like the pic attatched... Or I may be able to make a realyl fast uniform, but wear it with jeans..

and woah, zomg I wanna see eyeshield cosplay XD

Awww! I think you'd make a good Tomaru though. Oh well, Shiba is a really cool character too ^_^ You should do Tomaru sometime in the future ^_^

lemoned
10-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Let the pants wetting begin. >:D

For I... shall be Inukai. XD Hahaha This is really fun.. cause I just IMed Howie today spazzing about how I want to be Inukai. XDDD

jetspectacular
10-12-2004, 11:37 PM
@#$%ing *AWESOME*
ah, you made me happy, after such a long day at work too :3
you've *so* got the attitude.
Are you doing the Juunishi uniform too??

<--has tshirt cotton bedsheet ready to be ripped up.. x.X

lemoned
10-12-2004, 11:50 PM
XD hahahaha Yeah, I'm doing the Juunishi uniform.. I bought my pants today >:D

But like... I'm getting my lip pierced (2 places) on friday.. so like.. he gets to be a little on the punk side. :X And I have to wear platforms too.. Cause Inukai = tall and I = not. :X

I hope no one minds ^^;;

HowiePoof
10-13-2004, 01:16 AM
XD hahahaha Yeah, I'm doing the Juunishi uniform.. I bought my pants today >:D

But like... I'm getting my lip pierced (2 places) on friday.. so like.. he gets to be a little on the punk side. :X And I have to wear platforms too.. Cause Inukai = tall and I = not. :X

I hope no one minds ^^;;

I know I don't mind. Tough punked out ganguro Inukai sounds like fun ^_^ Like I told you earlier today we need to take pictures of us playing baseball in the parking lot or something ^_^

I just realized. I'll be pierced too. Matching Junishi members ^_^

lemoned
10-13-2004, 01:52 AM
>:D!!! W00t!

I actually want to take this 'punked out' thing and run with it. XD Just for fun. I should wear my "fscking wankers" bandana. :X

jetspectacular
10-13-2004, 04:31 AM
do it. any punked/gaki remix of a guy who already looks like he's 3 seconds from kicking your ass just for looking at him wrong --has-- to be something sexy :3

HowiePoof
10-19-2004, 03:16 AM
do it. any punked/gaki remix of a guy who already looks like he's 3 seconds from kicking your ass just for looking at him wrong --has-- to be something sexy :3

My Saruno costume will also have a piercing ^_^; After talking to lemoned about cosplay scheduling stuff we both believe that Friday during late morning/early afternoon might be good for a small Fullswing gathering. How does that work for you Jet?

jetspectacular
10-19-2004, 12:53 PM
I dont think I'll get to SF till about after 2pm on friday, but Im staying really close to the con and a late morning/early afternoon would be so much better on saturday for me (11am ideally x.x cuz I want to stay in my FAKE outfit for a while after 12pm). If it really must be friday though, can it be around 4?

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218552 [path across the street] or
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218551 [picnic hill] looks best given that they're outdoors and parkish enough, also quite closeby.

I need a bit of help though... I figured I didn't want Shiba to be the only one without a uniform, so I'm going to try my best to get at least the top part done by this weekend. Do you have any color references for the *back* of the Juunishi uniforms? Everything else I have ready (glove, ball, headphones and shades etc)

HowiePoof
10-19-2004, 06:50 PM
I dont think I'll get to SF till about after 2pm on friday, but Im staying really close to the con and a late morning/early afternoon would be so much better on saturday for me (11am ideally x.x cuz I want to stay in my FAKE outfit for a while after 12pm). If it really must be friday though, can it be around 4?

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218552 [path across the street] or
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=218551 [picnic hill] looks best given that they're outdoors and parkish enough, also quite closeby.

I need a bit of help though... I figured I didn't want Shiba to be the only one without a uniform, so I'm going to try my best to get at least the top part done by this weekend. Do you have any color references for the *back* of the Juunishi uniforms? Everything else I have ready (glove, ball, headphones and shades etc)

I think it has to be Friday because lemoned is cosplaying for a group on Saturday (Champloo I believe). 4pm Friday should be workable for everybody. My friend has the misufuru character guide so I'll force her to scan some pictures from it when she gets off work tonight. Both of those places look great for photos ^_^

HowiePoof
10-20-2004, 03:11 AM

https://www2.shueisha.co.jp/mekke/shop/detail/photo_image/000000386.jpg

There is a picture of the the back of the jersey. Apparently all the schools in Mr. Fullswing don't have anything on the back of the jerseys. In case you're wondering, the kanji on the left sleeve is 十二支. If you need a bigger version of the kanji let me know and I'll write it out or something ^_^

jetspectacular
10-20-2004, 03:20 PM
no back, eh??? makes things so much easier XD and I hope I have this right: the colors are blue text with red outline, right? also along the shirt's border, same: blue lines outlined in red..

thanks for the pic.. but that's a Tshirt, isn't it??? I know the "I" in Juunishi is in the very center of the jersey, right in the center hemming.. I plan to wear mine open with a navy turtleneck (it's navy blue, not black, right? i'm going off the vol.2 cover) and jeans..

lemoned
10-20-2004, 07:47 PM
no back, eh??? makes things so much easier XD and I hope I have this right: the colors are blue text with red outline, right? also along the shirt's border, same: blue lines outlined in red..

thanks for the pic.. but that's a Tshirt, isn't it??? I know the "I" in Juunishi is in the very center of the jersey, right in the center hemming.. I plan to wear mine open with a navy turtleneck (it's navy blue, not black, right? i'm going off the vol.2 cover) and jeans..

The colours of the lettering and the lines on the jersey are red and black. ^__^; As for the undershirt, it looks like it has a blue tint.. but blue would be out of place if the rest of the jersey is red, black, and white. So my undershirt is black.. and the cosplayers that I've seen on mycure.net have all had black undershirts as well. ^____^

jetspectacular
10-20-2004, 07:51 PM
ok thats cool. I have a black turtleneck lying around from my Killua cosplay.. I was just wondering what everyone one else was going to do.

jetspectacular
10-27-2004, 03:02 PM
re-bumping, to make sure it's right: 4pm friday... parking lot? erm picnic area i would assume, somewhere outside.. but we could meet in say the westin lobby and move from there...

HowiePoof
10-27-2004, 05:50 PM
re-bumping, to make sure it's right: 4pm friday... parking lot? erm picnic area i would assume, somewhere outside.. but we could meet in say the westin lobby and move from there...

Sounds good to me. I think meeting in the lobby would be easiest (not to mention the least confusing) ^_^

jetspectacular
10-28-2004, 10:46 PM
wooot, ok. I just finished hemming, turned out better than I thought. Cant wait for friday XD see you guys there~!