PDA

View Full Version : Ohayocon Attendance

Chibik3r0
10-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey guys,

I'm suffering a bit of con withdrawl, so on a whim, my friend and I are debating going to Ohayocon this year, since she lives in Pennsylvania and it's right at the beginning of the new school semester when course loads are at a minimum. She originally went to the first Ohayocon, when it was held in Cleveland, but is having trouble putting the size of the con into perspective. Now that it's moved, I'm just wondering if anyone could give some sort of scope on the size of the con. It's not for any specific purpose, just my own general satisfaction and curiousity. Thanks! ^_^

Rameana
10-08-2004, 12:55 AM
3,000(+ or -) and growing. This year will most likely be more than 3,000 more like 5,000-7,000. Well at least we are hoping for that.

Lady
10-08-2004, 09:54 AM
It's a pretty small con. But, that's from the perspective of someone who's only attended Ohayocon and Otakon*laughs* What I prefer about Ohayocon to Otakon is that, because it's small, people are still really nice. At Otakon, I've found alot more of the crabby people at Ota than I have at Ohayo.

Also, you don't have the same conflicts of things you want to see like you have with Otakon. But, at the same time, there can be lots of downtime at Ohayo where it's like "Blah, nothing to dooooooo."

Overall, if you're missing the con experience, hit it up and see how you like it. But if it's just a passing fancy, I wouldn't drive that far for a con this small.

Chibik3r0
10-08-2004, 10:35 AM
3,000(+ or -) and growing. This year will most likely be more than 3,000 more like 5,000-7,000. Well at least we are hoping for that.

Sounds like a good size to me. Thanks ^_^

It's a pretty small con. But, that's from the perspective of someone who's only attended Ohayocon and Otakon*laughs* What I prefer about Ohayocon to Otakon is that, because it's small, people are still really nice. At Otakon, I've found alot more of the crabby people at Ota than I have at Ohayo.

Also, you don't have the same conflicts of things you want to see like you have with Otakon. But, at the same time, there can be lots of downtime at Ohayo where it's like "Blah, nothing to dooooooo."

Overall, if you're missing the con experience, hit it up and see how you like it. But if it's just a passing fancy, I wouldn't drive that far for a con this small.

Otakon was my first, second, and third con for the past 3 years, so going to any other con was going to be a bit of a shocker to me size wise. I was at CNAnime back in August, but now there's a big lull until the next con in April, so I figure if I can find one to break it, it'd be a good time and Ohayocon is about perfect time/closest location.

I wouldn't consider driving there all at once. My friend lives about half way in Pennsylvania (3 hours from where I am to her house then 4 hours from her house to Columbus) so it wouldn't be that bad IMO, but it's also fun winter driving.

We're still going to discuss it as our course registration for the winter semester is coming up in two weeks, and we'll see how our schedules fit into the con. Thanks for your input ^_^