PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cosplay group - Jacon 2003 & Icon 2003

childdoll
12-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi, I'm new to the cosplay scene. I've never been to a con or cosplayed but I am trying to start. Is anyone going to be going to Jacon 2003 and/or I-con 2003 and needs another cosplayer in their group?

Sunde & Schuld
12-19-2002, 06:07 PM
what anime are you into?
or are you into J-rock?

yuffieleonheart
12-19-2002, 06:34 PM
same here i am not new to cons but i have not gone to a florida con so i too am looking for a cosplay group and i will be going to jacon^_^ i'll be yuffie from kh and yuna from ffx-2

katrinastrife
12-20-2002, 06:37 AM
Mee!!!

If you wanna do the traditional starter costume with a twist, my friends and I might be doing a sailor moon musical group. If not, Final Fantasy Unlimited... If anything sounds fun, lemme know! I can try to see what my friends and I can do to help you out! ^^;;

yoroshiku onegai itashimsu~!

childdoll
12-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Sunde -
Oh I like Final Fantasy VII and X, Vampire Princess Miyu, Evangelion, Angel Sanctuary, Chobits, God Child, Unico, Castlevania, Legend of Zelda, and Sailor Moon. At least those are the ones of my favorites that I can think of off the top of my head... I might have missed a few but ah well.

Yuffie -
Cool! Maybe we will see each other there ^_^ I feel better knowing I'll not be the only new one there.

Katrina -
I am very interested in both Sailor Moon and Final Fantasy....although Final Fantasy would be my first pick, personally ^_^ I'm not sure if it matters or not, but I have heard that it's harder to find male cosplayers so I am willing to cosplay as a male character if you have a shortage for them or something.

yuffieleonheart
12-20-2002, 09:17 PM
ooooo do ff!!!!! lol actually it doesn't matter i'll still hangout with ya!! i just want some cosplayers to hangout with^_^

childdoll
12-20-2002, 09:29 PM
I'm considering something FF. I've always wanted to cosplay either something from Final Fantasy VII or Angel Sanctuary, since those are my two favorites. Yeah me too! We'll have to hang out ^_^

katrinastrife
12-21-2002, 07:43 AM
^^;; Angel Sanctuary! I really wanna read that... ^^;;

Anyway, are you looking into a simple costume, or something that's gonna have you slaving over a sewing machine for hours on end?

Who's your favorite character?

childdoll
12-21-2002, 01:04 PM
If you get a chance to get your hands on it I highly recommend it! It really is an amazing story.

I guess I'd rather do a simple costume for my first time since I am not very experieneced at sewing and I also don't have tons of money to make an overly elaborate creation.

As for my favorite character... I don't really have one ultimate favorite. I just have many that I like alot ^_^ Brief list - Miyu from VPM, Cloud, Sephiroth, Rufus, and Aeris from FFVII, Chii from Chobits, Asuka from Evangelion, Setsuna from AS, Merryweather from God Child

What about you? Who's your favorite character?

What are good characters to cosplay as for a first timer that you would recommend?

katrinastrife
12-23-2002, 08:12 AM
My favorite character? ^^;; Cloud is the ultimate number one sexy hottie bishie hotkeiki... ^^;; But I'd never cosplay him again@iI did the crossdressing outfit once ^^;;)

As a first timer... *ponders*

Well, first of all, pick a character that you like. It doesn't particularly matter if you've seen it done a million times; the point of cosplay is to be... err, dress up as, rather... who you want to be. Of your list, (I'm gonna guess you're a girl), Asuka's yellow dress might be a good choice. Or Miyu, if you don't mind the miniskirt robe thing I think she has (sorry, I don't know much about the series ^^;;).

If you'd like to read it, I wrote a cosplay tutorial. You can find it at...

http://www.geocities.com/sporkiechan/advice_intro.html

^^;; Feel free to ask lots and lots of questions! I'll be away for Christmas, but I'll get back to the board as soon as I can!

Sunde & Schuld
12-25-2002, 12:39 PM
I love Angel Sanctuary.. my first big costume for my first *real* anime con was Rociel *__* I've been wanting to do a Sara costume for a while now, so if I do end up going to Jacon and you're Setsuna, I'll be sure to glomp ya! ^_^

childdoll
12-26-2002, 11:04 AM
I probably won't do Setsuna, I wouldn't be able to handle the three wing thing just yet I don't think. But I hope I see you there!
^_^

layne
12-26-2002, 04:38 PM
Ohhh there's a Sera Myu cosplay group in Florida? Rock on.

katrinastrife
12-26-2002, 06:35 PM
^^;; Yep, yep... Well, I'm trying to start one anyway... I'm still looking for people, though... *hint hint*

IM me for more information, if you're interested!

layne
12-26-2002, 08:06 PM
I'm actually located in TX, just originally from FL and I have many cosplaying friends in that area ^_^ Also, I'm in a sera myu group called Yume no Senshi (http://www.yumenosenshi.org) It's just nice to see other groups popping up all over, especially in my home land lol!

katrinastrife
12-31-2002, 09:53 PM
REally? I've been following Yume no Senshi via the internet! Many Kudos to you guys, for being able to keep a group together, and that you're putting on a whole musical! ^^;; My group is kinda not together anymore... But, I want to start it up again! ^_^v

layne
01-02-2003, 05:22 AM
Thank you very very very much ^_~

katrinastrife
01-02-2003, 08:25 AM
I'd try out, if all of your conventions weren't in Idaho and Denver... or out west in general... COME TO FLORIDA!!!

^_^;; sorry...

ANYWAY! Did you figure out who you want to cosplay, childdoll?

LatinVixen
01-02-2003, 10:35 PM
I plan to attend jacon and go with a card captors group, I will be dressed up as spinel sun ;). I do all critters and most likely will have my sgt. joe (duck costume) done by then as well. Anyone who is dressed as an animal and wants to join me at jacon for cool critter pics please contact me ^_^. Oh I am also pretty new to the anime con scene, been to other cons only 2 anime ones.

childdoll
01-03-2003, 12:17 PM
I haven't come to a complete decision yet... I'm leaning towards Iris in her yellow battle uniform from Sakura Wars, Mint from Threads of Fate, fierce diety Link from Majoras mask, or Plum from Chobits. It really all depends on which pattersn I can find that will work the best, since I'm only a beginer at sewing. I'll probably go with Iris as long as I can find a pattern for the jacket.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make the jacket?

If I run into too many problems (or start running out of time) with that I'll just go as either Elena from FFVII, or Kirie from Angel Sanctuary (since I practically have an outfit identical to hers, I would just need wings aqnd a wig).

katrinastrife
01-05-2003, 08:04 PM
Aww! I love Iris! I think you might wanna look through some historical-type patterns, to find the Sakura Wars one... Lemme look around a bit and get back to you in a few...

childdoll
01-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Okay, thanks ^_^ I'm heading out to Joanne's Fabrics today to take a look at patterns. Hopefully I'll find something there.

Chino-San
01-15-2003, 09:33 AM
I am going to Jacon 2003 but like u said FF VII and I am cosplaying squall so I guess theirs no place for me here. But if your interested in jsut a FF group I can join.

XLainoftheWired
01-15-2003, 12:43 PM
I'll be hittin JACON2k3 for my first cosplay, I will be trying to do Jiima, hope to see you all there. Any of you go to UCF as well? Thats why I go each year... well I am still just a freshie.

makio
01-16-2003, 12:56 AM
u_u I'm a student there too, though it's a subject I'm far from boasting about... Anyway, it's still a couple months into the future, so I don't have anything set in stone just yet.

Suggestions welcome. :devil:

katrinastrife
01-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Hmm... At Jacon, I'll be Feena from Grandia I on Saturday, and probably Chelsea on Friday. If I have time to do another costume for Sunday's contest, I'll wear it then, if not, I'll just be lurking around as Chelsea again.

*Jibrielle*
04-14-2003, 04:45 PM
YAY JACON cosplayers!

I'm going to JACON because i will be in florida by that time.
Well I'm thinking about going as Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary....Want to do an angel sanctuary group?

childdoll
04-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Hopefully... I only have my Iris outfit secured right now, and I'm going to try to get an Elena from FFVII ready. I'll see if I can whip up a Sara for the group though ^_^ Man...I can see it already... I am so getting the "Most Ghetto Award" ^_~

*Jibrielle*
04-15-2003, 09:34 PM
okies! ^______^

WolverinesGirl
05-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Care to be Fortune (Metal Gear Solid 2) at ICON 23?
E-Mail me at : ericscrow2002@hotmail.com

Raine
05-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Just to randomly post here.. do FF ;-;

Then we can get a whole buncha piccies together! I'll be there in normal Rinoa, ballroom Rinoa, a kimono, and possibly Raine.. dunno what order, what day I'll have multiple costumes, or any of that stuff.. just.. yeah