PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Contest Announcement.

TheLoneWolf
10-11-2004, 06:37 PM
"Once again the network is at it again and I would really appreciate you reaching out to some of your users! Anime Network has been working with University of Cincinnati anime club to organize a cosplay contest on
campus. Of course the contest is THIS THURSDAY, October 14th on the campus.
Clarence Brown, he's the president of the anime club, has secured a spot
on campus for the event. We'd like for all cosplayers to show up (at McMickken Commons on the campus) by 11:30am. We'll be starting at noon-
and depending on the number of entries, the contest will run until about 1pm to 1:30pm. We'll be giving away prizes in the following categories:Best: Anime, Manga, Jpop/JRock, Video Game, Prop, Construction, Group
(if applicable), Design, Presentation
We may throw in a couple of surprise categories as well."

(X-Posted)

LilMeesh
10-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Oh man, i am gonan try my hardest to go there this thursday

Lady
10-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Of course the contest is THIS THURSDAY, October 14th on the campus.
Clarence Brown, he's the president of the anime club, has secured a spot
on campus for the event. We'd like for all cosplayers to show up (at McMickken Commons on the campus) by 11:30am. We'll be starting at noon-
and depending on the number of entries, the contest will run until about 1pm to 1:30pm.

Aww poopy! A costume contest within an hour's drive of me, and I can't go. Damn full-time employment!*raises a fist to the sky*

Take lots of pictures and post them, please!

Man....if only this was on a Saturday or Sunday. Damn my luck.

Bahzi
10-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I feel you Lady, I'm about 2 hours from cincy, and if I had known earlier I could have requested off work. Ah well, I can't imagine they'll be too much of a turn out anyway, most people work and can't change their shedules on a whim. Not to mention it's during school hours so the younger cosplayers won't be able to make it either. Pretty much the only ones who will are college students I would guess, if they're not in class that is. It would make a lot more sense to have it on a weekend, most people aren't sitting at home doing nothing at noon on a weekday. All the same, to those who are going, good luck and get piccys!^^

KnuxieChan
10-12-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm 2 hours away as well ^^; Hope you guys have fun though!

Rameana
10-12-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm going. I wish more of you could have made it. I'll make sure to get pics as well.

Miyabi-
10-12-2004, 04:31 PM
awww..if it were in the evening I could have made it. ^_^ Booo employment!!

LilMeesh
10-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Wooohooo i am going, i can hardly wait ^__^

Bahzi
10-13-2004, 07:37 PM
awww..if it were in the evening I could have made it. ^_^ Booo employment!!

No joke! XD Although on the flip side if I didn't work I wouldn't have any costumes to bring anyway lol. Get pictures y'all! And good luck again! ^-^

LilMeesh
10-14-2004, 06:51 PM
I got some pictures up everyone, not many but it will do ^_^

Rameana
10-14-2004, 08:19 PM
We missed you leaving us LoneWolf. ^_^
I've also got like 3 pics in my gallery, I started taking pics after we had lost some people. x_x

ArsenalFierce13
10-14-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm definitely in the boo employment boat. My man came home from class today and told me there was a cosplay gathering, but I was at work the whole time. Oh well, at least I can console myself by knowing that I earned more money to put towards new costumes ^_~.