PDA

View Full Version : Metalwork and Rikku gears

AngelYuki
06-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Does anyone have any ideas on how one would go about doing the gears for Rikku's ties and the metalwork on a dancer from tactics?? If you have any ideas let me know, thankees. ^____^

Jibrille
06-29-2002, 04:37 PM
*blinks... pauses...types anyway*

2 ways i would think to make the gears would be Crayolas Model Magic OR some thick styrafoam board. either can be painted. the foam core board cant be spray painted though. (i found out the hard way it eats the foam ><) anyway...
Model magic is probably the best of the two cause it can take a beating without breaking. always go with the most flexible materials. ^^

*thinks and pauses again...has a suspicious feeling*

for the metal working stuff, i would just use my colleges metal department ^^;;; but uh... they sell this relatively thin metal plating in most arts and craft stores, comes in a roll and comes in different thicknesses depending on what you need it to do. (i'm not familiar with the dancer costume)
you can buy cutters and tools relatively cheap too. and if you have patience it will work. ^^

*thinks... i have this feeling i could have told you this IN PERSON*
*blinks of suspicion*
WOOGIT-EYAR-HAR-HAR

lol ^^

AngelYuki
06-29-2002, 07:58 PM
-=Giggles madly and huggles Jubril since she will be rooming next to her at school next year=- Love the icons and the quote dear. And I will definatly have to try them, just need to find the materials you speak of and try it. If I need help I will ask you more.