PDA

View Full Version : most boring manga you have read?

haru
12-19-2002, 12:46 AM
yeah! what manga you have read, with the most boring story?
(or the worst manga you have read)

sailor-moon
12-19-2002, 12:49 AM
hey hey!!!i have a manga with the guy on your avatar*o* ooh!!!!

lets see, miracle girls..i just didnt seem to get into it

Spooky Brew
12-19-2002, 01:20 AM
Dragon Knights, that thing was on crack!! DBZ and Sandland was really awful to...can't think of any more right now.

KaitouKurogo
12-20-2002, 12:19 AM
Hey, Dragon Knights kicked ass! If I could find a good enough picture, Thatz would be my avatar. ^_^

Dragonball and DBZ mangas bore me to sleep. Can't help it...

Miroku
12-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Ice Blade

ZZZzzzzzzz

katchoo
12-20-2002, 11:50 AM
I know it must be good, but I couldn't get into Clover. *ducks and hides from flames*

Chas
12-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Blaaaaaah.... X_X

The New Vampire Miyu mangas and Mai The Psychic Girl...

Sami
12-20-2002, 06:06 PM
Some strange manga called "Parasyte" that used to be in Mixxzine.. zzzzzz..

Shadow Lady
12-21-2002, 01:21 AM
DBZ.

I like some episodes of the anime (GT) but the manga is sooooooo boring.

scandia
12-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Clover as well.

aeva
12-21-2002, 05:03 PM
I couldn't get into Real 'Bout High School. It bored me.

Tenjou
12-21-2002, 05:12 PM
Wish. ^^; Just didn't like it. -ducks with Katchoo-

rei_hino
12-21-2002, 05:26 PM
um. . .mine was dbz. . .i couldnt get into it. It just bored me out. . .*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SleepingKirby
12-22-2002, 01:30 AM
I know I'm gonna get *whaped* for this one but I hated "Fushugi Yugi" and "X" Both of them had something in common. Going no where really, really fast. Something about Yuu Watase's stuff, I just don't like it. Sorry, Ms. Watase, but I just don't find your comic plots interesting. Your art work is pretty nice, but the plot I can't get into.

Chosuke
12-23-2002, 11:17 AM
I loved Iceblade! ^^;
And X and FY too xD

But then again,i'm one of those people who isn't happy without a little odd symbolism,death and worldly destruction here and there.

I really REALLY *hated* Steam detectives.
Just the artwork makes me twitch,the characters make me spasm in agony. o.o;

videogirlc
12-24-2002, 01:09 AM
Steam Detectives, Ice Blade, Dragon knights, Seraphic feather, think thats all that I remember.

aeva
12-24-2002, 08:36 AM
I really REALLY *hated* Steam detectives.
Just the artwork makes me twitch,the characters make me spasm in agony. o.o;
Oh god yes. >.< I couldn't stand it, either.

Naru
12-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Clover, wish (what is the point to this one), and although i read it i wouldn't care if they stopped making it miracle girls.

RoseDuelist
12-26-2002, 06:41 PM
I know I'm going to get snapped at for this but... Sailor Moon. I love the Anime and have all the manga's as collectors items, but just the way the story moves is boring in the manga's. It seems every dialouge is a question.. "Bunny?" "Mamo-chan?" "Luna? Luna!!" "The dead moon circus?" Everyone seems so confused, and their is hardly a dialogue over a couple words long.
Wonderful art though. I can never copy Naoko's style. Wonderful artist.

Oh yes, and I own Miracle Girls as well. I feel I wasted my money! It looked cute, but I didn't even finish one book without falling asleep.

Pool Cue Ronin
12-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Fushigi Yugo = the most boring thing ever
Also, some OMG is pretty flaccid in terms of storyline.

ChibiRinoa
12-27-2002, 06:29 PM
i couldnt get more than 20 pages into Real About High School, it confused the hell out of me....i just had to stop reading it and havent picked it up since

Gothic_Lulu
12-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Meh, probably Wish and Steam Detectives.....

I think the plot was weak in Wish and I did not like the artwork in Steam Detectives.....Also I guess the Nadesico manga that is also made by the same person who did Steam Detective (which is wierd because I liked the Anime Nadesico a lot).

videogirlc
12-28-2002, 07:22 AM
I think one of the reasons I couldn't get into the Nadesico manga was becausse of the artwork. It is so different.

nekochan
12-28-2002, 09:11 PM
I actually agree with Sami and Kirby.. i didn't like Parasite or FY..

cynicallywired
12-30-2002, 02:28 AM
WISH!!! Argghhh....

Gackt Fangirl
12-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Lilim Kiss. It's cute, but it's pointless.....um.....FY, His and Her Circumstances! GRR!!! BUGGED ME!!!!

Something Lulu
12-31-2002, 12:41 AM
Dragon Knights, Real Bout High School, and Miracle Girls are three mangas that I couldn't even get through one chapter of.

There were two manags that used to run in Animerica a while back that I really disliked. One was Area 88 and the other was that "classic" about the train. Galaxy Express 999 I guess. I really didn't like either and I remember being upset about how long they ran for.

I'll probably get screamed at for this, but... I really can't get into GTO, simply because I don't like the artwork. I know I will eventually read some of it because I've only heard good reviews, but it's not high on my list, and I probably won't buy it. It's important for me to like a manga's art (probably the only reason I can read Clover), and what I've seen of GTO just looks ugly.

Sana-chan
12-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Miracle Girls definately. It's so bad ><.

dianannsano
12-31-2002, 11:08 PM
Wish!! My gosh! It's so corny... But I have to buy the rest of it because I already got the 1st one...

What's wrong with Real Bout High School? The manga is so much better than the animated series... It starts out kinda slow, but later on it gets really good.. It turns into a guys vs. girls brawl.... Plus, haven't you noticed any coincidences with similarities from Ruruoni Kenshin?? The main character's name is Ryoko Mitsurugi and later on she joins a team called the Shinsengumi or something like that....

Chas
01-01-2003, 02:53 AM
Aww... Wish is like, my favorite manga..

Then again, to each his/her own... because I cannot STAND the Utena manga. @.@

ChelseyBelsey
01-01-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by RoseDuelist
I know I'm going to get snapped at for this but... Sailor Moon. I love the Anime and have all the manga's as collectors items, but just the way the story moves is boring in the manga's. It seems every dialouge is a question.. "Bunny?" "Mamo-chan?" "Luna? Luna!!" "The dead moon circus?" Everyone seems so confused, and their is hardly a dialogue over a couple words long.
Wonderful art though. I can never copy Naoko's style. Wonderful artist.

Did you read the original manga, in japanese, or the english version? I know that the company who did SM manga trans. really messed it up. Esp. with the names. Poor poor Usagi-chan. But yea, original isn't that bad 'cept if you don't know japanese well enough to read it then I guess you're stuck looking at the pics or using the english version. Damn japanese translator butcherers!!!

Chosuke
01-01-2003, 03:09 PM
I HATED the artwork of dark angel and silent Mobius.
The women looked like men too me.and not even attractive men e.e;

RoseDuelist
01-03-2003, 08:23 PM
I read the translated version. I don't speak japanese nor do I try. I'm already consumed with becoming fluent in french. If I pick up a third language I'll just get more confused. If I had a one on one teacher I may try, but those classes... yeesh... french is hard enough!! At least they use the same alphabet. I couldn't imagine learning all of that Kanji stuff right now... *sigh*..

Hey, at least I'm not one of those people who mispronounces words. The most I've done ever is look at my friend confused and go "nani?" in the cutest damn voice I could do...

Man.. I ramble a lot..

*ahem* Back on topic, it was the english version. I got them all out of collecting purposes only. I have the Utena manga in Japanese and all I can do is look at the "pwetty pictures".. ^_^

Cyber Wolf
01-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Spooky Brew
Dragon Knights, that thing was on crack!!

Yeah, pretty boys but no plot blegh! :P

Freya
01-06-2003, 09:21 AM
Miracle Girls, DBZ(hated both manga and anime), and GTO.

And although I don't HATE the Kodomo No Omocha manga, I still think the anime is way more funnier than the manga...granted I'm still thankful for the manga cuz of the anime. ^_^

Mei Lan Chang
01-06-2003, 04:29 PM
I actually got quite bored of Sailor Moon after awhile. It seemed like all that was happening was the scouts getting bigger crystals to fight with, discovering of new freaky mother/daughter relationships and introduction of more sailor scouts. A little too redundant to keep me buying.

AnimeParty
01-12-2003, 08:17 PM
>>I HATED the artwork of dark angel and silent Mobius. <<

I luv Kia Asamiya so...um I really disagree with this..but it is my own feelings, after meeting him and all...

I hate...HATE...planet ladder, it is soooo boring I couldn't get past the first few pages. Sailor Moon gets boring after the first two books....esspecially when you know the TV series. The Inu Yasha manga also gets boring at times when you've seen the TV series...alot of them do. I don't like the english version of DBZ, they tried by adding in like Japanese names, but I don't like it at all, the Japanese version is so much better.

NeshaChan
01-13-2003, 12:22 AM
I just can't get into Steam Detectives at all... :yawn: I kinda liked Parasyte though. o_o

baku_neko
01-14-2003, 01:38 PM
DBZ. The show is better.

KnuxieChan
01-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Probably Collector Yui or whatever it was. That was boring -.o

RyuHayabusaDOA2
01-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Boring manga: Galaxy Express 999. It was boring as hell...

Kaede
01-17-2003, 07:18 PM
kazan. it's sitting on my shelf and i almost feel bad for it's utter loneliness. ^ ^

findthefullmoon
01-19-2003, 01:43 AM
Juline. I love Kakinouchi Narumi, but maybe I just read the wrong chapters. At any rate, I couldn't get into it.

soaze
01-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Clover
*hides :walkoff: *

party - I love kia asamiya too, but i hate his artwork... I'm glad they had someone else do the character designs for Nadesico :D

Setsuna22
01-20-2003, 09:34 PM
The Gundam Wing Mangas were Terrible! I read the first one, and Almost Cried b/c they were so bad! Oh well! I liked Clover, so I guess to each his own really ^_^

XLainoftheWired
01-20-2003, 09:44 PM
Magic Knight Rayearth, sorry peeps. It seems way too childish for me, and the shape of the eyes upset me, they looked like razor blades. The only good part was the plot twist, something I think CLAMP has a set formula with. I think I just didnt like MKR cause I was a lil late at reading and/or seeing it, way to kiddie. Can anyone specifically say what is good or bad about Clover cause i was thinking of trying it.

Setsuna22
01-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Clover is, in my opinion, very good, but very different! The story really ends by the second book, and the third and fourth book just explain things that didn't really seem to make sense in the first two books, and go into better character develpoment! If you like CLAMP, you'll definitely love it! I liked it a lot, and the artwork is beautiful! However, this is only my opinion! You might wanna see what some other people have to say! ^^

Carmila
01-21-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by katchoo24
I know it must be good, but I couldn't get into Clover. *ducks and hides from flames*

I feel the same way Katchoo. I have like 2 volumes of Clover and the story line just doesn't catch me. Though I have to say the pictures are beautiful!

DancingVampire
01-25-2003, 08:26 PM
realbout high school is so annoying and the main char boobs are WAY to big its SO tacky

MikigamiTokiya
01-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Dr. slump was really annoying and boring ><

blu within blu
01-25-2003, 09:30 PM
Hmm.. let's see. Oh! Most definately "Clover" Totally hated it.

What was the plot?
No idea.
What was with that white background?
No idea.
What was the point?
No idea.

CLAMP can be forgiven though. They've done so many good ones.

RoseDuelist
01-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Bunny
(me twin 2 @_@)

I think you summed up the entire series. Add that and some really boring and predictable romances. Dash in supernatural powers and BAHM! You have a hit... uh... no...

MikigamiTokiya
01-26-2003, 02:53 AM
gotta love them supernatural powers ^^;; it's not so bad if you concentrate on the artwork ><;; and ignore the white space. make up ur own story if you feel the urge and yeah i agree clamp's other stuff definatley makes up for it.

Chiri
02-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo

Couldn't agree more *_*

Also for some reason...Planet Ladder ish hard ta git into fer meh...I'll read it, but most parts I won't understand, etc <shrug>

-chiri ;)

Chiri
02-02-2003, 11:46 AM
Hey, Dragon Knights kicked ass! If I could find a good enough picture, Thatz would be my avatar. ^_^

Chiri
02-02-2003, 11:46 AM

Couldn't agree more *_*

Also for some reason...Planet Ladder ish hard ta git into fer meh...I'll read it, but most parts I won't understand, etc <shrug>

-chiri ;)

Zephyrs
02-02-2003, 12:08 PM
Clover is pretty, but I just don't get what makes it so great (at least in my sister's eyes) nothing other than pretty pictures stand out for me. Wish, I dislike greatly. again, my sister thinks it's the greatest thing ever so go figure.

Peach Girl and Mars felt way too much like high school, so it's amazing I finished the first volume of either one. it's like, if I wanted to see that much drama, I'll just go to school. no need to be exposed to it in my free time. or maybe I'm just not the target audience for overly dramatic and/or angsty teen romances. meh.

Aenai Misery
02-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Real about high school and clover for me, oh and planet ladder. e.e;

Mei Lan Chang
02-03-2003, 06:11 AM
I actually liked the Dragon Ball (insert Z here) very much.

But yes....Clover did offend my eyes for the most part. The art was relatively terrible and I never really warmed up to the plot. Ah well.

Duckie89
02-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Am I the only one that liked Clover??? ;_; I thought it was really good.....

Luckily, I haven't read any mangas that really "bored" me. The only one I didn't like that much was Peach Girl, but it wasn't really boring. It just didn't interest me.

Shadow Lady
02-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by RyuHayabusaDOA2
Boring manga: Galaxy Express 999. It was boring as hell...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Irvy
02-06-2003, 05:57 PM
The most boring Manga I ever read was Galaxy Express. I HATE that drawign style x.x

Velvy
03-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Planet Ladder. It was interesting in the beginning, but afterwards it just grew to "I'm getting tired of reading this". :\

Clover owns. It wasn't cyberpunk, but close to. It had an abrupt, not-very-nice ending. -_-; But, I liked it overall. *bangs everyone who didn't like over the head* XP

AnimeParty
03-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Irvy
The most boring Manga I ever read was Galaxy Express. I HATE that drawign style x.x

Blah...am I the only one here who likes Leiji's work? I love Galaxy Express 999. Blah...

Kataiya
03-07-2003, 07:06 PM
I think Leiji' style is very well executed animated, like in Queen Esmeraldas, Harlock etc, most notably the Daft Punk videos, but I don't think it stands well as still animation, or manga :o

Kia Asamiya's style bugs me however, the big noses and narrow eyes really make the characters look unattractive. It wasnt that bad in Silent Mobius tho.

Hmm...anyways, for manga that bore me. I would say Rumiko Takahashi is good for 2-3 novels, but it gets repetitive after a while, especially Ranma 1/2 ::dodges chair:: I usually get into CLAMP stuff, I even got into Angelic Layer despite the squigglies, but I couldnt seem to get into Wish either. Very pretty pictures tho