PDA

View Full Version : Dark Skinned Female Characters...?

Strider_Hiryu
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
My friend has been trying to find a character to cosplay for quite a while. She has shoulder length hair and is dark-skinned. I was trying to think of a character that would easier for her to pull off by following these 'guidelines' , but I haven't been able to think of any.

Any ideas?

O-Chan
10-12-2004, 08:40 PM
There's Anthy from Utena (I'm working on that currently), I know that there's also a cat girl with darker skin on Outlaw star and on Vision of Escaflowne too. Sorry, I can't seem to recall their names quite well... ^_^;;

Purple Flames
10-12-2004, 08:57 PM
You're referring to Aisha from Outlaw Star. I don't know who the Escaflowne character is tho.

Chocochick
10-12-2004, 09:08 PM
She can cosplay as whatever character she wants to. She shouldn't really confine herself to skin color. I always say the best Faye Valentine I ever saw was an African American girl.

If she really wants to stick to the dark-skinned characters, she could try Ed from Bebop.

ArchFaith
10-12-2004, 09:09 PM
That would be Merle from Escaflowne.

*thinks* Well, there's Nadia from Fushigi no Umi no Nadia...there's also Integra from Hellsing, she's quite dark-skinned.

If you're alright with doing video game characters, some I can think of are Lucia, Luce, Anne, and Aila from Suikoden III, Christy from Tekken 4, and Fran from Final Fantasy XIII, which isn't even out yet. Oh, and Pinky and Frida from Bust-A-Groove. There's also Lani from Final Fantasy IX and Dona from Final Fantasy X, but they're more minor characters.

NeRDBReD
10-12-2004, 09:22 PM

Tigerlilly
10-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Another one to try who is dark skinned in the manga but just really tanned in the anime is Sailor Pluto.

Solaria
10-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Elvy from Rah Xephon is a very pretty dark-skinned character. She also has shoulder-length hair. ^-^

Gren
10-13-2004, 10:43 AM
I've been compiling a male and femals list of this for a while. I'm too lazy to edit out the repeats right now, but here's what I have so far. For many of them, what qualifies as dark is "darker than anyone else on the show" I'll just make the note here that I don't think people should feel limited by their skin color, but I also think they should be free to select a chatacter by skin color.

Saber Marionette J
Bloodberry

Butey Honey
Cutey Honey

Burn-Up Excess
Navel

Gunsmith Cats
Rally

Clockwork Knight
Soltia

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Souflee/Pepita

Yu Gi Oh
Ishishu

Peach Girl
Momo

Hellsing
Integra

Power Stone
Rouge

King of Fighters
Angel

Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure
Mahrahia

Angel Sanctuary
Kurai

Sailor Moon
Meiou Setsuna (Sailor Pluto)

Macross-
Claudia DuSaull

Zoids: Chaotic Century
Munbe

Escaflowne
Merle
Naria
Eria

Ruin Explorers
Fam

Battle Athletes
Tanya Natdhipytadd

Idol Project
Kiwi

Gekiganger III
Mie-Mie

Dragon Pink
Pink

Outlaw Star
Aisha Clan Clan

Eto-Rangers
Nyanmar

FLCL
Kitsurubami

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
All island natives

Ah! My Goddess!
Urd
Mara

Bastard!!
Arshes Nei

.hack//
Mimiru
Black Rose

Argento Soma
Sue Harris

Cowboy Bebop
Radial Edward
Electra

El Hazard
Shayla Shayla
Queen Diva
Miz Mishtal
Kalia

Tokyo Mew Mew
Purin/Pudding

Love Hina
Kaora/Kaolla Suu
Nyamo
Amalla Suu

Magic Knight Rayearth
Tarta
Tatora
Caldina

Revolutionary Girl Utena
Anthy Himemiya

Tenchi Muyo
Mihoshi

Record of Lodos war
Pirotess

Nadia of blue water-
Nadia
Nurse
Electra

Michi
10-13-2004, 11:21 AM
We've had a couple of threads on this before... There's already a good amount of ideas here, but there's also an earlier thread that has tons more ideas as it lasted quite a few pages. I think I'll go find it so it can be added on. ^^;

Here we go: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=7710

I know I can think of more than what I listed in that thread well over a year ago but I'm a bit out of it right now. I'll try to reply to this thread again later. ^^;

Romann
10-13-2004, 06:42 PM
There's Vanessa from Virtua Fighter 4, but she has a rather beefy build.

Kanna-chan
10-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Lesse...

Isis, Mana (Yuugiou)
Mihoshi (Tenchi Muyo)
Merle (Tenkuu no Escaflowne)
Edward (Cowboy Bebop)...I also remember there being another Bebop character who has dark skin...but I don't know her name. xD;
Kaolla (sp?) Su (Love Hina)

Eleryth
10-13-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm not going to bother to edit my list, either... I am keeping a compiled list from previous threads, so here you go. Listed by series first, than character. I included the gender when I knew it (usually only marking (m) for males; no mark is female, and (?) is "I had no clue").

hack//SIGN – Rei (?), Mimiru
Ah! Megami-sama!/Oh! My Goddess! – Urd, Hild
Akira – Joker (m)
Angel Sanctuary – Arachne (?), Kurai (?)
Angelic Layer – Dancing Ranga
Angelique - Mel
Area 88 – Escape Killers (?)
Argento Soma - Sue
Bastard – Arshes Nei, Dark Schneider (m)
Battle Angel – Mr. Vector
Battle Athletes – Tanya Natphydad
Berserk – Caska
Cowboy Bebop – Domino (m), Shaft (m)(ep 17: Mushroom Samba); Punch (m) (Big Shot host), Jet (m), Edward
Dagger of Kamui – Sam (m)
Dragonball Z – Mr. Popo (m)
E’s – Maria
El Hazard – Shayla Shayla
Escaflowne – Merle
Final Fantasy VII – Barrett (m), Rude (m)
Final Fantasy VIII – Kiros (m)
Final Fantasy X – Dona
Groove Adventure Rave – Remi (?)
Guilty Gear XX (vg) – Venom (m)
Hand Maid May – Cyberdoll Sera
King of Fighters (vg) – Seth, Heavy D, Lucky Glauber, K’Prime (all m), Foxy, Krizalid (m)
Kingdom Hearts – Ansem (m)
Legend of Zelda (vg) – Dark Link
Lodoss War – Pirotess (Dark Elf)
Love Hina – Kaolla Su, Amalla Su
Lunar 2 - Jean
Macross Plus – Kate, Col. Millard Johnson (m)
Magic Knight Rayearth – twins, Tatra and Tarta, Caldina
Master of Mosquiton – Wolf Lady, Honou (m), Frankie Negger
Outlaw Star – Aisha Clan-clan
Parasite Eve I (vg) – Daniel ‘Bo’ Dollis (m); Rupert Brodrick (m)
Plastic Little – Roger Rogers (m)
Pokemon – Brock/Takeshi (m)
Raxephon – Elvy Hadhiyat
Revolutionary Girl Utena – Anthy, Akio (m), Chida Mamiya (m)
Robotech – Bowie (?) and Claudia
Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X – Hanna (?)
Saber Marionette J Again - Marine
Sailor Moon – Sailor Pluto
Samurai Showdown (vg) – Hanzo (m?)
Shaman King – Chocolove (m)
Shamanic Princess – Lion (?)
Sol Bianca – Feb
Soul Caliber II – Talim
Suikoden II (vg) – Hauser (m?)
Suikoden III (vg) – Samus, Karaya clan members
Tekken - Yoshimitsu
Tenchi Muyo – Mihoshi
The Bouncer – Echidna
The Secret of Blue Water – Captain Nemo, Prince Neo (m)
Turn A Gundam – Loran Cehack (m)
Way of the Samurai – Dona Dona (?)
Wild Arms 3 – Shane Caradine (m?), Gallows Caradine (?)
Yami no Matsuei – Tengu Twin Kotaru (m)
Yu-gi-oh – Isis (?), Malik (?)

Nadia…?
http://www.stuart.iit.edu/students/adamadr/images/banime.htm (list with small images)

Strider_Hiryu
10-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Ah, thank you guys and gals. I'll pass this list along to her. :)

She isn't limiting herself to her skin colour and hair length, but I was just trying to find a character that would fit better for her. Thank you again. :)

wh0r3filth
10-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Hmm.. From what I can think of that hasn't already been said, there's also Blue from Wolf's Rain. ^^ Good luck.

Malicious
10-16-2004, 08:52 PM
elena from street fighter 3rd strike XD if ur friend is brave enough.....
http://membres.lycos.fr/archyland/f/sf3/elena.jpg
also the new guilty gear isuka game....u can customize the character colors and make them dark skinned ^o^/

Pink Spider
10-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Lots I would list have been named....but we shouldn't forget Lirin from Saiyuki...I know there is more...I just can't think of any at the moment :thumbsup:

Yuffie2004
10-18-2004, 02:49 PM
wow how nice is it all these characters lol
And its good she's not limiting herself. My best friend is dark skinned and shes going as Inuyasha (so cute!!)
Some of these are really good ideas! I'd love to see a good Blackrose character. Ed is a fav among dark-skinned cosplayers, so might wanna stay away from that if you dont want to run into about 5 more Eds at the con lol The rose bride from Utena is really nice, but the outfit looks like it might be difficult. Whatever the choice, i wish you and your friend much luck!

Menchi
10-18-2004, 02:55 PM
there is a lady in kannazuki no miko, as well as a lady in viewtiful joe that is dark skinned too. forget their names though

Ciarathallya
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Check this thread. (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=5220) Lots of darked skinned character references. For the love of gawd I wish girls of color will cosplay someone other than Urd and especially Anthy. There are tons of other characters of color. Moreover, do not be bound to a character because of there hair, skin, eye color etc. Do it for the love of the character. It's what's most important. Never lose sight of that.

Adding to the list
Coffy - Cowboy Bebop
Judia - Ragnarok the Animation
Ryofu Housen - Battle Angels/ Ikkutousen
Zard - Tempest
Isabel - Louie the Rune Soldier
Youko/Queen Kei - The Twelve Kingdoms

NeoAndTrin13
10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
This is cool! I've got a friend with darker skin who was looking for a character to be for MegaCon. I shall have to show her this. :)

kawaii_bara
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Paninya from full metal alchemist :bigtu:

TSUKUYOMiSUN
09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Dorothea from Code Geass (she only shows up for like...5 minutes).

Kage Rinku
09-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Wouldn't Rose from FMA work too? >.>

I too have brown-ish skin but its not that we are limited ... its that we want to try to pull of an accurate cosplay ... well thats my opinion.

Neko_saito
09-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Gidget from Eureka 7 and Kirche from Zero no Tsukaima ?

xGreenling
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I second Rose. You could also do Noa - they're practically the same person. :P

Katara from Avatar is a good one, as well.

Jasette
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I have no idea how everyone missed Yoruichi Shihouin of Bleach... @w@

Ichibi
09-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Kuea - Elemental Gelade
http://vod.kaicn.com/html_uploadImg/20050507/Kaicn_200557175512706.jpg

Nadia - Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
http://home.megapass.net/~ssmjdol/nadia.jpg

RedSonya
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Rakshata from Code Geass and La Mariaposa from DOA4 were not mentioned yet. There is also Urd from Oh My Goddess

FumikoSan
09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Sailor Lead Crow from Sailor Moon
Misao Kusakabe from Lucky Star
Lala Gonzales from School Rumble

ToroSonyCat
09-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Im sorry but i can only really think of one at the moment, i hope it hasnt allready been said!

There is su from love hina! Shes a really cute character and her outfit is just a simple sailor fuku (school uniform) so she would be worth a look!

But i dont really think skin colour matters THAT much, as long as your having fun cosplaying!

ymerej
09-18-2008, 03:59 PM
I already said it on the 'tanned characters' thread and Eleryth beat me to it here but: Casca (Caska) from Berserk. (http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/caska-tb/caska08jpg.jpg)

I've always had a soft spot for her because I briefly dated a passable real-life doppelganger for her in high school.

silver_wolf
09-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Villetta Nu from Code Geass (picture (http://anime.mikomi.org/images/series/1470_98.jpg)) and she has a few outfits to choose from.

Can not sew
09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
Do a character you like.
I sometimes do black characters and men, even though I'm a white teenage girl.
Have you ever heard of Black Gai?
http://behindinfinity.deviantart.com/journal/17796355/
you can skip the part about popularity and dive into the rest.
It's a link to the deviantart journal of a popular cosplayer who I personaly admire, becasue he has so much fun with it, and know that, while a lot of people, including himself and people like myself, do this AS IT IS THEIR LIVES, it's for fun, not serious buisness.
Just sayin', pal. It's good advice to take. :rolleyes:

BeautifulDirt
09-19-2008, 04:39 AM
I too have brown-ish skin but its not that we are limited ... its that we want to try to pull of an accurate cosplay ... well thats my opinion.

I feel exactly the same way. I would be most likely to cosplay a darker skinned character too because I think it's cool when the cosplayer looks like the character.

Arabbella
09-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Claudia Grant from Robotech - Macross
Fee Carmichael from Planetes
Mercedes Herrera from Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo)

sunnystars
09-20-2008, 11:40 PM
there are a few characters from negima:

zazie rainyday
mana tatsumiya

that girl from Fooly Cooly, [i forgot her name]

Paninya from FMA [yay for minor characters!!]

and also that woman from Code Geass [again, can't remember the name].... -_-

nawstra578
10-20-2008, 02:21 PM
You can go as yorichi from bleach or a chick version of tousen.

SailorMoonStar
10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Hydra--- from UFO ultra maiden Valkyrie.

Wishper
10-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Has no-one realized that this thread is from 2004?
:/

Slushie Panther
10-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Halibel and Yorouichi from Bleach

Shadow Williams
11-15-2008, 02:27 PM
-Dorothea Ernst from Code Geass
(Pic 1 (http://jahrs.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/knight-of-four.jpg))
(Pic 2 (http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doroteaan4.jpg))

mukki
11-16-2008, 12:01 PM
OH! I just thought of one!!! I hope no one mentioned this yet *didn't bother to read the rest of everyone's*

you could be Michiko from Michiko to Hatchin! It's fairly new anime! and michiko looks so kick ass!!

refs:
http://www.awesome-engine.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/oct-hatchin.jpg
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/thumbnails/300x300/cms/news/21884/michikotohatchin.jpg

*edit*

Wishper:
Has no-one realized that this thread is from 2004?
:/

totally didn't realize... >_> geeeeze, people need to sop reviving old threads like these!!! XD

Capt. Bob
11-16-2008, 02:16 PM
It's called Thread Necromancy.

Anyway, the best examples of dark skinned Anime Women are definitely Urd, Claudia Grant and Anthy. Or if you wanna go a little obscure, you could do Lalah Sune (http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/msg/characters/images/chara_lalah_a.gif) or Mora Bascht (http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc/0083/characters/images/chara_mora_a.gif) from Gundam (0079 and 0083 respectively). These are insanely easy costumes to do. All you need is either yellow fabric for Lalah and a Boiler Suit for Mora.

M i n a m i
11-18-2008, 09:33 AM
but this thread is really usefull and much helpfull ^o^....

how about more and more update list of dark skin female chara~~ of course for new anime 2008.. 2009 etc~~ ^-^

Wolf[e]
11-18-2008, 01:56 PM
umm i forget the name >w<
but the one girl from zoids had dark skin.
and the other one i was going to say was black rose.. but that was said a few times now haha.
and if she could get extensions or a wig she could try katara from avatar.

not very updated though =\ sorry!

Starlit Rose
11-20-2008, 11:29 PM
totally didn't realize... >_> geeeeze, people need to sop reviving old threads like these!!! XD

Generally people here prefer you to revive old threads if you have a question that has already been addressed and can be found via the search engine, though the person that revived this thread only offered more characters rather than posting a question (how do threads this old even GET revived like that?).

I don't have any new suggestions though. D: Everyone has already said the ones I know of.

Uicha
11-21-2008, 05:54 PM
from bleach she could be Yoruichi.
she rox lol.
strong , fast perfect femake character...(besides Rangiku or Orihime) :P

LGarra360
12-06-2008, 07:54 PM
bleach yourchi..my speling is bad _-_ and if you read the latest chapters in naruto shippuuden there is a sorta dark skinned ninja in now

KillaBeeSwarm
12-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Cosplay Lists - Black,_Brown_and_Tanned (http://cosplaylists.wiki-site.com/) This site doesn't list everything, but it lists alot

ladyCHA
12-10-2008, 08:42 PM
While this is an incredibly old thread, I must say that it is INCREDIBLY helpful. Especially when you're just starting out. :bashful:

Pongapp
12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Idk if it has been said but both Gidget and Hilda form Eureka Seven.

Yueri
12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
]but the one girl from zoids had dark skin.
I believe you are thinking of Moonbay (Mumbei, Moonbei).
Sorry for contributing into rezzing, i just figured since its already rezzed, i might contribute that.

TR Rose
12-17-2008, 02:59 PM
A couple really pretty gals that haven't been listed yet:

Princess Jasmine from Aladdin
Princess Tiana from the upcoming Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog
Nabooru or any of the Gerudo women from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

himekoXchan
12-29-2008, 11:50 PM
why hasnt anybody said yoruichi!? does no one have respect for the dark-skinned beauty of the popular "bleach" series? tsk tsk tsk :confused:

tenren
02-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Shinobu from No More Heroes....she's a videogame character, but she kicks butt :D. Also, Rhode Camelot from D.Gray Man, Sheva Alomar from the upcoming Resident Evil 5 as well as Jade from Mortal Kombat!

Zexion_Nobody
02-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Try Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

So_Scary
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
This is so the thread for me. Thanks guys!

RollEXE
02-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I have one that no one seems to have listed yet!

Athena from ARIA.

Ama Uzume
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Another one to consider is La Mairposa from Dead or Alive 4. That's like a dream cosplay for me.

pic 1 (http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z287/kikyo12970_2007/LaMariposa-1.jpg)

pic 2 (http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z287/kikyo12970_2007/LaMariposa.jpg)

maeglothorn
09-01-2009, 04:41 AM
How about Riful as an Awakened being from Claymore? she's a pale little girl when she's not in her awakened state but when she awakens she's dark as! Pretty hard to get it right but if anyone got it it would be soooo totally cool :P
i.e. http://www.deviantart.com/download/129315988/Riful_v2_0_by_grandchaosSR.jpg

Queen Anime 99
09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
1. Scrubs characters: Carla Espinosa; Christopher Turk; Laverne Roberts; Ronald/Snoop Dogg Attending; Leonard the Security Guard; Josephine.

2. House M.D. characters: Dr. Eric Foreman; Dr. Lawrence Kutner

3. South Park characters: Token Black; Chef

4. Heroes characters: The Haitian; Mohinder Suresh; Alejandro & Maya Herrera; D.L. Hawkins; Micah Sanders; Monica Dawson; Isaac Mendez; Simone Deveaux

Geekies
09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I cosplay Seychelles from Hetalia. <3
Her skin color is a bit confusing since no one knows what the heck her skin color actually is (Hidekazu keeps on changing it) but a lot of the fans like to think her dark-skinned any way. XD
Plus, most creoles are dark-skinned dang it! That includes myself~ <3

EDIT:
Oh right!
Tabatha from Rune Factory (If you want to count that)
Din from Zelda (If you want to count that as well)
Hare + Guu (Pretty much everyone is dark-skinned in that...but although it's a super cute anime, not many people know of it... )

Devinette
09-04-2009, 09:08 AM
If I wasn't so ridiculously pasty-faced, I would love to do Kayo from Ayakashi/Mononoke.

Shashe
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
I have one that no one seems to have listed yet!

Athena from ARIA.

I was about to list her! lol Aria is win.

But wth? How did this get revived? This was made back in '04! XD

SamHersch
09-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Eh, it may be old but one of my friends had the exact same question. So I told her she could cosplay as Rose from Fullmetal Alchemist. She has a relatively simple costume.

Darkin
09-19-2009, 02:10 AM
I always liked Tula from Pirates of Dark Water

Arthuria
09-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Canaan <3

I have wanted to cosplayed her since I first saw the series, but I'm pale and she's tan. Ugh. :(

meek123
11-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Even though this thread is old, it's very helpful :D

I'm planning on going to Ohayocon 2010 and needed someone to cosplay as. XD
I think I'll go as Peppita or Road n__n

Thanks guys 8D!

TheMorningMist
11-07-2009, 06:03 PM
I've been compiling a male and femals list of this for a while. I'm too lazy to edit out the repeats right now, but here's what I have so far. For many of them, what qualifies as dark is "darker than anyone else on the show" I'll just make the note here that I don't think people should feel limited by their skin color, but I also think they should be free to select a chatacter by skin color.

Saber Marionette J
Bloodberry

Butey Honey
Cutey Honey

Burn-Up Excess
Navel

Gunsmith Cats
Rally

Clockwork Knight
Soltia

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Souflee/Pepita

Yu Gi Oh
Ishishu

Peach Girl
Momo

Hellsing
Integra

Power Stone
Rouge

King of Fighters
Angel

Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure
Mahrahia

Angel Sanctuary
Kurai

Sailor Moon
Meiou Setsuna (Sailor Pluto)

Macross-
Claudia DuSaull

Zoids: Chaotic Century
Munbe

Escaflowne
Merle
Naria
Eria

Ruin Explorers
Fam

Battle Athletes
Tanya Natdhipytadd

Idol Project
Kiwi

Gekiganger III
Mie-Mie

Dragon Pink
Pink

Outlaw Star
Aisha Clan Clan

Eto-Rangers
Nyanmar

FLCL
Kitsurubami

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu
All island natives

Ah! My Goddess!
Urd
Mara

Bastard!!
Arshes Nei

.hack//
Mimiru
Black Rose

Argento Soma
Sue Harris

Cowboy Bebop
Radial Edward
Electra

El Hazard
Shayla Shayla
Queen Diva
Miz Mishtal
Kalia

Tokyo Mew Mew
Purin/Pudding

Love Hina
Kaora/Kaolla Suu
Nyamo
Amalla Suu

Magic Knight Rayearth
Tarta
Tatora
Caldina

Revolutionary Girl Utena
Anthy Himemiya

Tenchi Muyo
Mihoshi

Record of Lodos war
Pirotess

Nadia of blue water-
Nadia
Nurse
Electra

You shouldn't be too concerned with skin color for cosplay, if you like the character you should just do it and have fun! ^_^

Lady Valentine
11-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Try this site. It helps you with choosing a cosplay.

http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/

Kurasii
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
I dunno if it's been said already, but Yoruichi from Bleach? http://img222.imageshack.us/i/yoruichi0zd.jpg/

KimthyMangaku
11-16-2009, 12:20 AM
halibel [espada] - bleach

Nayara
05-11-2010, 05:33 PM
If I wasn't so ridiculously pasty-faced, I would love to do Kayo from Ayakashi/Mononoke.

Me too. She's an awesome character :) my fav one right after Kusuriuri.

WolvenDragon
10-14-2010, 11:25 PM
why hasnt anybody said yoruichi!? does no one have respect for the dark-skinned beauty of the popular "bleach" series? tsk tsk tsk :confused:

About five posts above you two people mentioned Yoruichi.
This is rather interesting. I had an argument with a friend of mine like this; since she's black she said the only person she could go as was Yoruichi but she'd have to stuff. I added Maria from Get Backers to the list, teasingly pointing out she'd still have to stuff.
It's amazing how many characters there are that I've never heard of. Alas, my ignorance TT_TT
As for males, Bob from Tenjho Tenge

ELunamoon
10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Mina (meena) http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090801200555/kuroshitsuji/images/thumb/9/9d/Meena_mug.png/290px-Meena_mug.png
Prince Soma http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/hylian_cosplay/Kuroshitsuji/wallpapers/Soma_Wallpaper_by_2sadsexually.jpg
, or Agni http://i43.beon.ru/38/50/545038/61/16475361/KuroshitsujiAgni3.jpeg
; all from kuroshitsuji :)

Oniigiri_Basket
10-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Urd from Ah! My Goddess:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/urd/sirenidy/urd.gif?o=3

Weda from Jungle wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/weda/AKA_Gluttony/Halesmom.png?o=33
http://media.photobucket.com/image/jungle%20wa%20itsumo%20hare%20nochi%20guu/Ginabas/A1140-49.jpg?o=7