PDA

View Full Version : To Wear or Not to Wear?

PikminLink
10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
my question is, what can you or cannot wear to yaoi con? i never been there before, and i dont want to be in something where people will say "i warned you" or "have fun" ...i want to cosplay, maybe squall, but then if its in the "i warned you" area, then i might not cosplay, and just be a photographer.

what kind of costumes are "safe" for yaoi con ^_^;;;

lemoned
10-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Squall will most definetely be okay. ^_^;

This is only my second year going.. but last year I saw lots of different kinds of costumes.. there wasn't a lot of female characters.. but that's kind of a given for a 'boys love' convention :3

Eurobeat King
10-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Pikminlink: Your Link, Squall, Harry Potter, and even Jedi costume are welcome at Yaoi-con, since they're guy characters and the con focuses mainly on the bishonen costumes and stuff. But of course, there's no rule that says you can't cosplay any girl costumes, and they are welcome. In the past Yaoi-con's I've seen someone cosplay Relena Peacecraft, and last year someone cosplayed Sailor TinNyanko from Sailor Moon.. So I wouldn't be surprised to see more female costumes at this year's Y-con like Yuna, Rikku, or others. I think Liddo-chan is wearing her Rinoa costume just for the FF gathering, so there's no harm in wearing any girl costumes to this con.

ACXchan
10-14-2004, 01:39 AM
I've seen people cosplay women from other shounen-ai or yaoi genre animes, like Noriko from Gravitation. Personally I'd love to see Carol or Diana from FAKE, and hopefully we'll have a Diana of our own in our FAKE group XD But yeah boy costumes no matter the series are always welcome at Yaoi Con, because at Yaoi Con *any* series or book or film can be slashed anyway.

If your "safe" concern is not being mauled or molested.... this is highly unavoidable at Yaoi Con unless you cosplay someone really obscure, unless it's Enzai XD

jetspectacular
10-14-2004, 01:42 AM
hmm, Pikminsama, i dont think anyone would be stupid enough to say "i warned you" or anything similar to you. but this is speculation because It's my first ycon too and i'm asking the same questions.

I'm sure normal/mostly clothed bishounen cosplay like Squall is perfectly fine (and anyway if you've got the gunblade ne?) but I'm worried about...erm.. how do I put it without sounding like a total ho (despite that being the angle i'm going for?)

I'm doing a pretty scandelous version of Hisoka from yami no matsuei (involves wearing a top and very short shorts that I normally wouldn't wear, even as a girl x.x) and I'm in a predicament as to what I should wear as a Toya Akira-ho... I think it'll be ok because I dont plan to say.. wander the alleys of SF all by myself wearing this stuff.. i'll be with friends.. and my legs/fists work perfectly fine..

then again, this is coming from the chick who proudly went "bare chested" at AM for an hour or so...

Ah hell, if someone give you lip or starts getting on your nerves, Pikminsama, just give'em the ol' qcf+p service..

ooooh and I wanna see your Harry at Ycon too XD

ACXchan
10-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Considering how cold it gets in SF, especially during the fall, I don't think you'd want to walk outdoors in the hot pants Jet XD South San Francisco is also not in San Francisco proper, downtown and Castro and Haight and all that are a train ride away. Being harassed for your costume shouldn't be a problem in San Francisco anyway because it's Halloween weekend. I've always found SF to be a generally safe city, especially if you're in a group.

Karisu-sama
10-14-2004, 01:55 AM
jetspectacular: This is also an 18+ con. Should be OK. The general crowd is more mature and less idiotic at Y-con. *Is going to Y-con for 3rd time*

ACXchan
10-14-2004, 02:03 AM
jetspectacular: This is also an 18+ con. Should be OK. The general crowd is more mature and less idiotic at Y-con. *Is going to Y-con for 3rd time*

Considering how last year the "nude" Hisoka with all the tattoos climbed on top of Tsuzuki for photo ops without issue I'd say YCon is pretty down with the scandalous XD Most people are very mature about what and to whome they consent to. There are a few individuals that occasionally need to be tethered but when you tell people to back off they usually do.

PikminLink
10-14-2004, 03:07 AM
ooooh and I wanna see your Harry at Ycon too XD

hrm..i wont mind taking that with me, since i only planned squall, so ok, ill take Harry with me too, yeah ill have my gunblade with me^^.

Suiel
10-14-2004, 04:20 AM
Considering how cold it gets in SF, especially during the fall, I don't think you'd want to walk outdoors in the hot pants Jet XD South San Francisco is also not in San Francisco proper, downtown and Castro and Haight and all that are a train ride away. Being harassed for your costume shouldn't be a problem in San Francisco anyway because it's Halloween weekend. I've always found SF to be a generally safe city, especially if you're in a group.

My OVA Omi from Weiss has to walk outside in hotpants. *so amused*

I've sworn to bring them a blanket. It's all in the duty of being a Ken cosplayer.

SohjiroX
10-14-2004, 03:19 PM
I have to say Miki becaues the fact there could be something of Utena there.

zell_dincht
10-14-2004, 03:38 PM
PikminLink, you can be one of our Squalls for the FF Gathering.

Day still to be determined... x_x

L-Lamb
10-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Do you think a wolf from Wolf's Rain is ok?
I mean sure it's ok but will it fit in?
I kinda feel like it wont fit in there.
I'm scared. -_-

Daitenshi
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
I think the warnings are in regard to the rabid fangirls, not to whether or not the costumes will fit the theme of the con. ^^;

You're a great crossplayer, so nothing you bring (unless it's SM or Yuna) will be "safe." Just be on your guard. I promise that when I'm with you I won't let anyone glomp you. ;P

L-Lamb
10-29-2004, 01:15 PM
I think the warnings are in regard to the rabid fangirls, not to whether or not the costumes will fit the theme of the con. ^^;

You're a great crossplayer, so nothing you bring (unless it's SM or Yuna) will be "safe." Just be on your guard. I promise that when I'm with you I won't let anyone glomp you. ;P

Thank you thank you thank you!
I'm not so scared anymore!
And now I even have a protector!
Yay!
What are you cosplaying as?

BlackMarth
10-30-2004, 01:26 AM
PikminLink, you make an excellent bishounen. As such, you might want to at least, be on the lookout for flying glompers. But you'll most likely have to deal with schizophrenic fangirls and possibly some followings of fangirls, too.

PikminLink
10-30-2004, 02:24 AM
heh^^;; yeah well ill have my gunblade ready when im entering dangerous territory LOL