PDA

View Full Version : My first Anime Boston!

Neko_Kaolla
10-14-2004, 10:09 AM
Yup! 2005 is my first one. I couldn't make it to last year's (they sold out before I could get my ticket... someone I was friends with at the time was going to buy it for me, but he kept putting it off) and the one before I was in Florida... yeah.

Anyway! I would like to know what events there are worth my time and whatever. I have to work all weekend there (Anime Pavilion booth-come say "hi!"), but I want to maybe do a few things, too. I might also compete in the costume contest/masquerade as well. When is that usually held?

Any and all help is appreciated! :thumbsup:

niphrodel
10-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Hehe, prepare yourself for some GOOD times XD

Masquerade is held Saturday night, but you usually have to get in line like 1-2 hours beforehand if you don't want to get shut out O_o. It's definitely worth it though! If you don't enter it yourself, I'd say this is the one thing you should make sure to come to!

And if the do the "Whose Line is it Anime" event again, I'd definitely go to that! It was very funny last year ^_^

Codemonkey
10-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it's my first time too, from what I hear, it's nice there. Hopefully it'll be as good as they say. Hope to see you there! ^_^

-Codemonkey

Neko_Kaolla
10-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, it's my first time too, from what I hear, it's nice there. Hopefully it'll be as good as they say. Hope to see you there! ^_^

-Codemonkey

If you shop at Anime Pavilion, you will. =^.^=v

General_Beatrix
10-14-2004, 06:12 PM
well next year will be a totally different experience for everyone, even if they have gone or not. since the hynes is really big, hopefully everyone will be able to fit into the masquerade next year >.< next year should be really fun, just as it has always been ^_^

im gonna miss the park plaza though. it was such a cozy place (save for the mean room maid people i had T_T)

Aleathia Burns
10-15-2004, 10:36 AM
:jjacks: I am thinking about going, but I was wondering is there any hotels near by that have cheaper prices? This will be my first convention out of state, and unfourtuantly I am not familiar with Boston. I was hopeing if anyone who has previously gone to this con if they had booked a hotel that was nearby could give me some info. I'd really apreciate it. :cool:

laerry
10-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah! It's going to be my first time, too ^_^ My sister and I will be going (if we'll get off our butts and send in our registration forms). I'm hoping to be able to take the train into Boston (since we're close, but it's a nightmare of a place to try and drive in). Anyone know if the new location is convenient to the train station?

Adrienne
10-16-2004, 12:42 AM
Kyaaa~! We're going to have so much fun. ^0^

Ushi
10-16-2004, 09:01 AM
I will most definately go and say hi to you! This is my first convention/ first Anime Boston/ first time cosplaying. I'm so excited!

Kairi G
11-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Oh goody! Ill come say hi to ya neko kaolla! great that you can make it!

ok, last year the masq stuff went as follows..
Friday you scheduled a judging time for craftsmanship etc..
Saturday you go to the masq at like 6ish and have a meeting about how everthings gonna go, then the masq was right after. it was a long nite, but lots of fun to be a part of. by masq time tho i think the dealers were closed... but maybe im wrong...

And for all you newbies to animeboston, be prepared for the most fun con ever, with the most friendly attendees ever! This is by far my favorite con, and ive gone every year since it started. totally rocks!

mariksgrl
11-13-2004, 10:47 PM
yeah this is my first to sadly im goin up on saturday cause my room is booked for that day and my friend isnt aloud to skip a day of school >.< but we are trying to go up on friday (stealing one of my friends booked rooms) but i need some help will i miss anything on friday ??? and how much money should i bring T-T i reall really dont know...

cyankirby
11-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Ahh Anime Boston is so much fun! I'm sure everyone will have a blast!

Mariksgirl - Friday is a pretty interesting day usually but the main events usually take place on sat so I'd say that you will miss somethings but nothing too major. However that remains to be seen really as they haven't posted anything on the website about the schedule.
Anyway as for money, people suggest bringing $15-20 a day for food at least and then you have to factor in the money for the hotel room and transportation cost for the T if you need to take that at anytime/gas etc.. And of course the dealers room... Somethings are inexpensive and some aren't so bring the amount of money that you want and keep it at that. It can get very dangerous if you don't set a limit and spend ALL of your money in the dealers room. Hungry congoers are unhappy congoers after all. Well that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure other people can add to this... :)

mariksgrl
11-14-2004, 06:00 PM
thank you very much ^-^ cause i was very confused ~~and yes they need to update there site T-T i wanna know whats goin on there (events blah blah blah)

FarplaneAbyss
11-17-2004, 05:32 PM
This is my first convention and my friends aren't coming with me. Hopefully I'll be something good ^^