PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Dark Castle, anyone doing EGL/EGA?

jetspectacular
10-16-2004, 06:00 AM
I just saw this onthe ycon website, there's "Gothic Beauty" event going down on Friday oct.29 and ycon attendees get a major discount.. it's fashion oriented, so I was wondering if other people were thinking of checking it out with EGL/EGA outfits..?

http://www.tokyodarkcastle.com/castle.html
http://yaoicon.com/content/category/11/69/95/

i wanna go check out the bands though XD never been to this kind of event. Im thinking I'm going to go but would rather Crossdress ....

ACXchan
10-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Count me in for this one. I'll also be dressed as an aristocratic Victorian dandy. Jet probably knows what new shirt I'll be wearing X3

jetspectacular
10-17-2004, 04:17 AM
haha, I figured you'd go for it XD....the ones from LA no doubt. if more people want to do EGL, enough for a meeting, lets make that late friday night also..!

ok I'm going to be another little tragic shota again, This time from Count Cain/God Child book 2... one of the many.. MANY little kids Yuki Kaori kills off, Emril. >__>
I got home and found my extra black pleathery stuff so I can make meself a vest... I'm thinking I can be all corpse-like since i'm basically doing the last outfitthe poor bugger ever wears...before he falls off a roof and goes splat.... x.x i'mma be a little gothy shota corpse.

i still count as street trash though! i'm your little valet ok, ACX?? XD

Eurobeat King
10-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Oooo.. My brother may go to that just because he loves the band "Secret Secret", so my friend Alma (ayonoi) and so they may go for TDC, and then afterwards Alma will return back to the hotel to get some rest for the busy Y-con Saturday.. ;)

ACXchan
10-18-2004, 01:51 AM
i still count as street trash though! i'm your little valet ok, ACX?? XD

OMG yes XD My undead valet or something oh ho ho ho. It'd be nice to go to this event as a Yaoi Con group. I do wonder how we can get in for $10, just tell them we're with YCon or would we have to bring our badges? I've been looking up ways to get there but it seems like buses don't go out there or won't tell me how they do anyway. If we go as a group we could easily spring for a cab from one of the BART or Muni train stations. The only problem is getting back, late night train service and all @D@ Al, how are your brother and friend getting there n.n?

Eurobeat King
10-18-2004, 02:50 AM
ACXchan: I think the event will probably be forewarned ahead of time that people from Yaoicon will be going, but it'll be hard to say how many Y-con attendees will leave the hotel that night, take a car or taxi to the TDC event, and then come back to the Westin when it's all over. They might just stay at the con FR evening and see what's happeneing there like Bishonen-Bingo or panels. ;) If my bro decides to go, he'll prolly pick up Alma at the Westin in the evening, (like 8pm or so) and he should have room for 1-2 more people, and then the car-full will go to TDC together, enjoy it until the late-hours, and then he'll drive the others back to the Westin before going back home. I'll ask him if he doesn't mind driving you and Jet to/from the event, if you can help him out with gas $$ n' such. ;) He's not 100% on going, but he loves Secret Secret, and with Alma's help he might be convinced to go.. So i'll keep you posted.

ACXchan
10-18-2004, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the info... again! Yes we're willing to chip in for gas though it'd be sweet if we could get a bunch of YConers to go in a few other cars.

Eurobeat King
10-19-2004, 03:22 AM
ACX: I told my bro and he appreciates you and Jet helping out with gas $$. He'll think about it, and will let me know if he plans to go by this week. If he does, and Alma wants to go also, then he'll drop by the Westin to pick her up (as well as you two) and go to the TDC event, and then drop you all back at the Westin once you're done/tired. I'll be heading home that night once I find out that there's not too much else going on, or if the cosplayers stop cosplaying for FR night ;) so I can u/l Friday's pictures and get some sleep before returning to the Westin early Saturday morning. The TDC sounds interesting but not my forte of music.. you know what is.. :skidude2:

Fatwetdog
10-19-2004, 05:33 AM
I dunno... we were going to go when we saw about it on the Y-con site, but some of the reviews from the Tokyo events sounded a little... @_@ umm... surprising. Sort of. How similar is the SF event supposed to be to the Japan ones?

Oh well. And I had the cutest outfit too (all vinyl and zippers. I look like a garbage bag.). Le sigh.

Eurobeat King
10-19-2004, 11:25 AM
FatWetDog: Well, if you were planning to bring it anyway to y-con, wear it at the con instead of going to the TDC event. I'm sure there'll be j-rock and EGL cosplayers at Y-con, so it'll be another costume that you can wear around the hotel. :)

jetspectacular
10-19-2004, 12:41 PM
[...] some of the reviews from the Tokyo events sounded a little... @_@ umm... surprising. Sort of. How similar is the SF event supposed to be to the Japan ones?

i'm curious now, where were these reviews? and actually I'd rather go because i'm curious as to how different/similar the events will be... SF <> Tokyo and Tokyo <> SF.. so..

and yah, how about having an EGL gathering at the con anyway? I realize that schedualed gatherings are a pretty recent thing at cons, but I think if there's something posted about it, people will be interested in going/participating wether or not they've seen this forum. also this forum is linked from the ycon forums so~

gettingtothepoint: EGL stuff isn't stuff you want to wear only once XD even if lots of people dont want to do EGL for TDC, I'd still love to see some EGL costumes :3 and nwo i'm really interested in Yours, FatWetDog, zippers are luverly.

Miaka No Baka
10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm tempted to make a EGL for ycon, as it'll be my first year and I'm totally digging this EGL design dress from Shadow hearts *_* I might just turn it into a "egl chii" costume since I don't have enough time or money to order some cute curly pony falls to add onto my hair to complete the look ^_^; So I'll just throw on my chii wig and ears =)

Miaka no Baka

Fatwetdog
10-19-2004, 04:57 PM
i'm curious now, where were these reviews? and actually I'd rather go because i'm curious as to how different/similar the events will be... SF <> Tokyo and Tokyo <> SF.. so..

There were a couple online. Lots of people have photos up. Tokyo Damage Report has one too. (The guy is like the biggest jerk in the world, but also quite funny in a schadenfreud kind of way.)The pictures of topless slave girls being hauled around on chain collars i could deal with... it was the pictures of the dominatrix who came out and um... urinated into a mason jar and poured it over their faces... that made me question my drive to attend.

I was kind of interested in some of their vendors though.

ACXchan
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
TDC San Francisco is going to be at an all-ages venue (Pound SF). I'm guessing TDC in particular will be 18+ because of the possibility of topless slave girls, however because the Pound is an all ages club almost any other time I kind of think they'd frown on the urinating dominatrix... That doesn't sound very sanitary to me, you could get Hep B x___x My main interest is also the vendors, you can never have too much gothic clothing. Ideally for me the place would be like a dark and gloomy Dickens Fair but I'm pretty sure that's not how it will turn out. Still it looks fun, it's advertised as a goth event not a BDSM one, and the Genitorturers aren't one of the bands playing so I don't think it'll be that bad X3

Al, thanks for talking to your brother, I also have a friend attending YCon who's thinking about going as well, so that's two possible rides in case one falls through ^ ^ Jet you still wanna go?

jetspectacular
10-20-2004, 12:43 AM
foo, i'm there no matter what...! I've already started my "leather" vest.. thinking about making shorts of the same material to match...

i'm going to need another memory card, i'm thinking.. x.x

Daitenshi
10-21-2004, 12:44 AM
I'd love an excuse to wear my Baby the Stars Shine Bright outfit, so I might attend. XD

DJ Bat
10-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Thought I would just pop in here to clear up some things.

There will be coupons in the Yaoi-Con bags good for $15 off entry so that means $10 to get in. (One coupon per person.)

We decided to do 18+ not because of any feeces or urine play (ick!) but because this is a Halloween event and being in S.F. can sometime lend to some pretty wicked costumes and we wanted to protect ourselves for that.

Plus some of the music I spin and the other DJ's spin in this scene tend to say words that some parents with children would not 'appreciate'?

We are looking at doing an all ages event for the next time so keep checking the website for more info on that.

In general this differs from TDC Japan events in that it's more of a marriage between the EGL scene and the SF Gothic scene that was more fashion conscious such as when I ran the club House of Usher of which at times one thought it already was a form of EGL. Together we think this will be an amazing event for all involved.

Thanks for considering coming by and hope to see you there.

DJ Bat
Promoter/DJ
http://www.cyberden.com/

Eurobeat King
10-30-2004, 03:34 AM
ACXChan & Jetspectacular: I know you two went, so please let me know how it was, and if you took pics, I'd love to see how it looked like. I hope you got back safely and got some sleep before the big day of Y-con Saturday.. ;) Haha I'll probably talk to you in-person before you read this reply, but I'm glad you two took some time away from the con to go to this. My bro was tooo tired after a long day of teaching and tutoring, and Ayonoi (Alma) had HW to do and she too was tired. Still, I know they both wanted to go..

As for the coupons, there weren't any in the Yaoi-con bag when I pre-regged, and I asked the information desk and some didn't know about the discounts, and another said to just go to the front door of the TDC event, and show them your Y-con badge, and you'd get the discount. However, since I didn't want to take the chance of going there and the people at the door had no idea about the discount, I found my friends who were among the head-staff of Y-con and asked them about the so-called coupons. They were busy, but later on found me and had a HUGE STACK of coupons for $15 off the TDC event, and placed them on a table in the Westin lobby. So I got some for ACXChan and her friends, and hopefully they had no trouble now getting the discount.

Anybody else go?? And how was it?? :skidude2:

DJ Bat
10-31-2004, 12:15 PM
Just a quick note to say thank you to all the Yaoi-con attendies who made it out to TDC-SF! Quite a few of you made the trek! We were a bit puzzled too about the passes not being in your bags as I sent them but we honored the discount w/your badge and then sure enough, the discount passes started showing up!

We had a lot of fun and if you have any pictures you want to share with us on the TDC-SF website, please email them to me at djbat@cyberden.com along with your credit and I will get them up on the TDC-SF site!

Bat

jetspectacular
11-01-2004, 03:13 PM
yah I got a bunch of photos of the event and some costumes/outfits I thought were awesome (missed photos of the fashion show though ;_; ) i'll post them as soon as I can (just got home). Secret Secret's violinist rocked...

DJ Bat
11-01-2004, 03:19 PM
yah I got a bunch of photos of the event and some costumes/outfits I thought were awesome (missed photos of the fashion show though ;_; ) i'll post them as soon as I can (just got home). Secret Secret's violinist rocked...

Pictures would be great! I have a lot of fashion show pics I will post soon as well as other pictures :-)

We are also trying to compile as many pictures as possible of the event so if it's ok with you (and anyone else who took pics), if we can get your pics to put on your site (with credit of course), we would be most greatful. You can either email them to be at djbat@cyberden.com or email me a link to your pics and we'll setup a links to other pics on the TDC-SF site.

^o^

ACXchan
11-01-2004, 10:43 PM
I liked TDC even though we arrived pretty effin' late for the party ^ ^;; It was smaller than I expected and the vendors' presentation was kind of ghetto even though they were selling really nice corsets and things (mostly stuff for women as usual). The fashion show was nice but because we arrived late we sort of walked into the middle of it and couldn't get a good view of all the models @D@ The live music was great, Jet and I really dug the floor speakers cause of the rippling bass. I liked the last band that played before we left (The Order of the Fly), I kinda felt bad for them because the crowd had sort of trickled out by then. I think by showing up around midnight (or was it later than that ^ ^;; ) we sort of missed out on half the experience, but Jet *does* have pictures XD We recognized a few YConners there too ^ ^ Oh yeah the costume contest! The dead Egyptian warrior woman danced with her sword it was beautiful, and the Donnie Darko bunny won first prize!

DJ Bat
11-02-2004, 01:48 AM
Here are the pics I had time to take in between dealing with bands, models, staff, venue crew, the crowd, the costume contest and DJing... time?? What's that :waaaah:

http://www.cyberden.com/tdc/pics/pages/tdc00.htm

DJ Bat

jetspectacular
11-02-2004, 01:51 AM
hai hai haa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~i here's my TDC photoalbum
http://photobucket.com/albums/v483/jetspectacular/Shows_Events/Tokyo%20Dark%20Castle%20-%20Various%20the%20pound%20sf%20oct29/
can you tell I had a fixation on Secret Secret's Violinist..? x.x

and DJ Bat, I love this one: http://www.cyberden.com/tdc/pics/pages/tdc35.htm

ah, it's a shame we missed the fashion show ;_;

Kenjiro
11-02-2004, 03:42 PM
The turn out for that TDC was really good for the house, so even though people eventually started showing signs of fatigue by 1 AM, most of the concert throwers were pleasantly satisfied.

Kudos to DJ Bat for having a boss outfit, also. I loved the glowie glowies.

At least I think you were the cool guy with all the glowie wiring on your outfit. I was really high on fatigue and vodka that night, so a lot of it was a bit of a haze.

DJ Bat
11-02-2004, 04:19 PM
The turn out for that TDC was really good for the house, so even though people eventually started showing signs of fatigue by 1 AM, most of the concert throwers were pleasantly satisfied.

Kudos to DJ Bat for having a boss outfit, also. I loved the glowie glowies.

At least I think you were the cool guy with all the glowie wiring on your outfit. I was really high on fatigue and vodka that night, so a lot of it was a bit of a haze.

Heh - well, that wasn't me but that was a rad outfit -

I was the one doing the costume contest, djing the last spots during the night and generally running around trying to make sure everything was working. My pic is somwhere in the URL I posted - Look for the black hat, long white/black hair and 4" downward spike labret - I'm standing with my friend Rick.