PDA

View Full Version : Obscure Naruto Character Identification/Photos

Chibik3r0
10-16-2004, 11:44 AM
I really hope this is the right forum, but if not, feel free to move it ^_^

So anyways, there's a picture of a Naruto character in my Uzumaki art book who I can't identify at all. He's on a team with Kakashi and some girl, while Yondaime is their sensei. He appears maybe once in a flash back during the series and a couple other times in various random art pieces.

However, I'm having a hell of a time finding source images to get some idea of his full costume, which also seems different in every image found. I like the look of his costume in the mystery_nin2.jpg attachment, and if I can pull it off, that's the look I want to go for. But that's really the best image I can find, so I don't know what to do from the mid-torso down. I don't even know his name!

If anybody could find some better images or even put a name to the John-Doe ninja, it'd be greatly appreciated!

janmurphy
10-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Thats Obito, Uchiha Obito. I think thats how you spell it. Just my opinion of course, I cant even remember where I got that info from. Suposedly its where Kakashi got the eye.

Chibik3r0
10-16-2004, 08:21 PM
See, after asking a friend who is completely caught up in the anime and manga, she thought it may have been Obito, but apparently you never see who Obito is... And after checking a few Naruto forums, Obito remains a mystery to all of them too... And I've never heard him to be Uchiha Obito... Maybe I should try posting the images there.

Thanks for your help though!

LazyBee
10-29-2004, 02:52 AM
That is not Uchiha Obito...The boy is actually now the sensei of Shikamaru. The girl grown up to be Shino's sensei. The lady that always appears with Shikamaru's sensei.

Uchiha Obito remains a mystery...=.=

Yuna
10-29-2004, 03:30 AM
Lazy Bee, that is neither Asuma, nor Kurenai in that picture. Those two characters that were trained with Kakashi under the Yondaime have never been named or introduced. Kakashi's past is a complete mystery. Those characters are unamed.

Eleryth
10-29-2004, 05:21 AM
I briefly thought that the girl was the purple haired anbu, since their hair is a bit similar... but she seems to happy and genki. However, we don't know what she's like on a non-anbu basis. I don't know if she even has a name, either...

Don't recall seeing the other guy at all... makes me think of Konohamaru and his gang, since they're wearing goggles (of a different style, though).

alostblackcat
10-29-2004, 07:35 PM
it has never been revealed who they are

you start thinking it ay be obito but you never get hard facts that it's him

MateriaMaster
10-29-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm sure it's Obito.
And the chick is the ANBU he hangs with.

Kenta1396
10-31-2004, 01:05 AM
that boy's collar is similar to the Uchiha family collar, that might be where those rumors came from. Who knows, its not a big deal, but it'd be cool if that was Obito :)

Yuna
10-31-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm sure it's Obito.

If you have proof of this, PLEASE, do show us? Please don't state things as fact if they're just your opinions and/or assumptions.

Spoilers:

Naruto is painfully consistant. If the young version of a character has marks on their face, the older version will as well, example: Sarutobi, Jiraiya. The young girl in that photo has paint/makeup/marks on her cheek. The Anbu woman who visited Kakashi has Obito's grave did not (See here (http://yuna.leonhart.net/chapter139_09.jpg) ). Therefore, it is my opinion that this girl is different. Kakashi tells Sasuke, later, that everyone who was precious to him is dead. I would assume it would include that girl as well. I highly doubt that the young girl, and the Anbu girl are the same person.

OniTasku
11-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Slight Spoiler:

I am currently on chapter 238 of the Naruto manga, which means I'm pretty much current with the Japanese release of the manga. They have merely showed that picture a few times, but just recently, in either chapter 236 or 237, Kakashi was at the grave (again) and mentioned the name Obito, who may presumably be an Uchiha. Although from what I have heard, Kakashi got his Sharigan from a friend that was killed, if it was Obito it would make sense, since that would make Kakashi feel bad that he took that from his dear friend. It seems as though Kakashi's past is starting to be more revealed, hopefully they'll keep that up. If you want to check out the Naruto manga, head over to www.narutocenter.com or www.inane.com.

janmurphy
11-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Apparently the next arc is suposed to have Kakshi backstory in it, so soon we may know. Id keep right up with the manga releases from narutofan.com then if they ever show a full body shot you can be the frist one to cosplay him!! woo.

I do think theirs proof that the guy is at least an Uchiha. Like they said above, painfully consistent, ne? Uchiha's have no pupils, just black eyes wih grey shading. Buddys eyes are like that. The Naruto art book has a pullout with kakashis team and the 4th hokage's team. Same eyes. And Kakashis eyes are grey too in that pic, but has distinct pupils, so I dont think it's a fluke.

janmurphy
11-19-2004, 11:14 AM
PS, now you can check out chapter 239 of the Naruto manga.
I KNEW I was right about the eyes. KNEW IT!

Uchiha Hiro
11-19-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm sure it's Obito.
The chick is most definately not the random ANBU chick we've seen around and mourning for Hayato, etc. She refers to Kakashi as "Kakashi-sempai", meaning Kakashi would be older than her/in an older class of shinobi. Asuma makes the most sense for the random goggle'd kid, because he and Kakashi are very close in age, power, and Asuma is the only shinobi that knows something about Obito (well, at-least that we know of, Jiraiya not included.)

Chibik3r0
11-19-2004, 12:25 PM
I had a feeling this thread would revive with the release of the new issue ^_^

I downloaded the raw to take a quick look at the images and indeed he is Uchiha Obito. Yay costume ideas XD

Thanks guys.

Chibik3r0
11-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Asuma makes the most sense for the random goggle'd kid, because he and Kakashi are very close in age, power, and Asuma is the only shinobi that knows something about Obito (well, at-least that we know of, Jiraiya not included.)

The latest manga volume just clarified he is indeed Uchiha Obito, and not Asuma :thumbsup:

Uchiha Hiro
11-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Looks like we will find out who this goggle'd kid is this week.

edit: er, yeah. that. ^^^

OniTasku
11-25-2004, 11:31 PM
It looks as though Obito is going to survive a bit longer, since he has yet to even master the Sharigan.

But I must say, the cosplay options have increased are going to even more at this pace as the chapters progress. With the new ninja of Hidden Village of the Rock and the young ANBU Kakashi. Although the ANBU outfit looks a bit different, although that might just be due to Kakashi's young age at the time or that it's in the past.