PDA

View Full Version : tying hakama

Ayaka
06-30-2002, 12:17 AM
I have a feeling maybe no one will know the answer to this . . . but, I made some hakama per the instructions from this site - http://luxnova.home.mindspring.com/samuraigame/hakama.html

The hakama turned out just fine, they went faster than I thought and look nice. But, when I tried to follow the traditional knotting instructions from the same site, the belts are WAY too short (even at 52 and 104 inches, back and front). Don't suppose anyone has made hakama on a similar pattern and can tell me how they tied them? I can kinda tye them in a bow, but it looks goofy. Otherwise I guess I have to recreate the knot separately, cut down the belts, and stick it on with velcro? My sewing machine has just broken AGAIN, I have to go buy a new one tomorrow . . . :eek: I could use a bright idea (or even a stupid one). T-T

quixotic
07-02-2002, 08:27 AM
i'll check some things i have at home when i get off work and see if i can help ya out. i'm not promising anything though. i've never worn hakama.

::wishes school wouldn't have interrupted aikido:: :(

quixotic
07-03-2002, 01:34 PM
er.... not getting home sucks. ended up crashing at a friend's place unexpectedly last night :( sorry. i'll definately be home today though, so i'll see what i can do. :)