PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks it'd be great...

TeRRaFLaMe
10-18-2004, 01:01 AM
If a JRock band or something played at AZ 2005? I dunno how possible it'd be for them to do this, being as I dunno the kind of funds they have, especially for that kind of thing, and with all the JPopHouse drama (seeing as they usually get the bands), I dunno how possible it'd be. All I know is I'd love to see an indies VK band or something. Maybe if we showed some interest for it and developed some ideas on who people would be interested in seeing and who'd possibly be able to come, maybe we could email and ask? I say it's worth a shot.

Chukkie
10-18-2004, 08:29 AM
couldn't hurt to try. Just don't expect a response from Animazement anytime soon after you send an email

Finding Beauty
10-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Heh ... I had trouble staying awake during the concert they did have this year, but that was mostly because I had been 24+ hours with no sleep, and the week before that with very little ... I fell asleep on my best friend's shoulder and amused one of my other friends. I finally sneaked out because I felt bad about sleeping during the peoples' performances. x_x

Of course, I'm sure an actual concert with a band would be a different case.

liz-maru
10-19-2004, 11:28 AM
that would be awesome if they could get a band at az ^__^

Lyn
10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
I don't know if the chances of them getting one are all that high but it'd be really awesome if they did. I'd personally love to have an Indies band come since I think I've come to prefer the way Indies bands do their concerts as versus any of the big name bands. Plus, its easier to find a room to accomidate them while as the big names tend to have certain qualifications they desire for a concert.

Hell, if AnimeUSA can get Camino, then you think Animazement could get one too considering how small AnimeUSA is.

Tri23
10-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Frankly, I've been pushing for Morning Musume to perform. True they aren't Jrock, but I'm sure the girls of MiniMoni could do some sets from the Led Zeplin album. Just as good, neh?

Actually, I think it would be killer and practical if we could get Utada Hikaru to perform since she is living in New York. Half of the Animazement budget is flying people in from Japan so we save a bundle, plus she did the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack so there's the Anime link, and she's been pushing for an American fanbase. (I know.. I know.. not Jrock.) :untrust:

I think if there was a band, seating wouldn't be a problem. If say we got a big name like Gakt <sp?>, Glay, or The Pillows... and Animazement Pre-reg hit 2k then I think the tent idea would go into effect to house the people. Again, Animazement is all but willing to expand should the need arise. (sorry if the bands I mention are kinda old. My collection mp3 collection is out of date, but if anyone is looking to trade I got a 3k+ collection of asian pop/anime with music vids.) Ahh, I miss Audio Galaxy.

So, here's a question for sinister evil purposes.

* What Japanese musical artists would you REALLY REALLY wish could be at Animazement 2005?

** What Japanese muscial artists would be a REALLY REALLY good draw to Animazement? (Like if the name Megumi Hashibara<sp?> or Yoko Kanno appeared on the website, the hotel would sell out versus a country/folk/modern Jazz band from norther beach rerorts of Hokkaido.)

As for the Animazement staff response... hell, I'm suppose to be running local sales and promotions and I am still waiting for a reponse and action from Bex. (though, I've been slack as hell recently) People are busy, and this is the most down time for Animazement that the head staff people get. Don't despair though, the person who reads the Info@animazement is on the job.

(i'd spell check, but no MS word installed. :p )
Gomen!
Tri23

Lyn
10-20-2004, 07:22 AM
Tri23 - ^^;; Bringing Gackt to AZ would be murder. He's waaaaaay too big of a name for a small con to even attempt. Granted, it'd bring A LOT more people to the con but probably so many that it'd cap the hotel's limit since hotels usually can only accomidate so many people before its a fire hazard. Nekocon last year had to actually stop their registration because they filled up the limit number.

Though I personally have no desire to see him anyways. XP I'd prefer Utada Hikaru any day plus there's more chance of her considering she's released an album here now and such as I recall.

TeRRaFLaMe
10-20-2004, 10:48 AM
* What Japanese musical artists would you REALLY REALLY wish could be at Animazement 2005?

** What Japanese muscial artists would be a REALLY REALLY good draw to Animazement? (Like if the name Megumi Hashibara<sp?> or Yoko Kanno appeared on the website, the hotel would sell out versus a country/folk/modern Jazz band from norther beach rerorts of Hokkaido.)

For the first question... I would probably enjoy ANY indies VK band, but to be more specific. Vidoll (they've never performed in the USA, but I believed they've spoken about possibly wanting to perform in Europe?), Duel Jewel (they've performed in the USA many, many times), SID (they performed at this year's ACen), D'espairsRay (not indies anymore, but they're performing in Germany and France this year), Gimmick (I really have no clue if they're interested in playing overseas or if they'd be available at all, simply put them down because I'm a big fan), Vogus Image (same thing I put down for Gimmick), and SCISSOR (same thing I put down for Gimmick and Vogus Image). I know I put down alot of bands there, but those are simply a few of the ones I'm interested in seeing.

For question 2... I honestly think any band/artist would be a good draw to Animazement. Sure, the bigger name the better, but has Animazement ever had a JRock band perform? I don't believe they have, thus it would be something new for people to check out. You'd probably get a big reaction for SID, seeing as they got a TON of fans at ACen and have become quite popular now. Also, Vidoll, SCISSOR, and D'espairsRay are bigger name VK acts, D'espairsRay being the only major one out of those three, and I know all three of those are quite popular and would draw alot of people, due to it being their first US performances. I know quite a few people who would kill to see them if they came to the US. And well, Dir en grey would be awesome and draw more people than you could imagine, but I'm 99.9% sure that's impossible. XD

I have to go do schoolwork now, but when I come back, I'll edit this post with links to each band that I named's homepage.

Kilayi
10-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Bringing any big name bands to AZ would totally change the con. I like it because its smaller, and not nearly as crowded as it could be, and if, God forbid, Gackt were to come... There would be thousands more people there I'm sure ~_~

If any band were to come, it would most likely be a small name band, as AZ probably wouldn't be able to afford a big name, and the hotel wouldn't be able to accomodate.

TeRRaFLaMe
10-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I agree with you, Kilayi_S74r. I definitely like the con because it's small and really not crowded at all. I don't remember seeing anyone at the end of the con that I hadn't seen earlier in the con. I would definitely like a smaller name band to come, because although it might bring a few more people, it probably wouldn't ruin the "small-con" environment, and well, darn, this might be the "selfish sounding" part of this post but... DARNIT, I WANT TO SEE A JROCK BAND. >_<;

Now that made me sound like a 12 year old fanboy. See what I've done? >P
I'd rather go to Japan to see a JRock/VK band, but I know that's out of the question for me. XP

Tri23
10-20-2004, 09:52 PM
I I definitely like the con because it's small and really not crowded at all. I would definitely like a smaller name band to come, because although it might bring a few more people, it probably wouldn't ruin the "small-con" environment, and well, darn, this might be the "selfish sounding" part of this post but... DARNIT, I WANT TO SEE A JROCK BAND. >_<;

Yeah, you are selfish. You really need to take other people's needs. Like, what about my need for Ayumi Hamasaki to bear my bastard children? My fan-boy seed won't recieve itself! (talk like this is why they never let me near the guests.) :p

Did you feel like the 2004 con still has few enough people to be a small con? I guess what I am asking is how many more people would it take for Animazement to feel like a medium or large con?

Everbody says Animazement is small, but it feels like on Saturday we are going to burst out of our britches like the Incredible Hulk at the Playboy mansion. Mind you, this year the count was 3,200 atendees.

You don't want to make Animazement angry...
You wouldn't like it when it's Angry. :alien: RAAWRR!
(closest thing to a Hulk smilie I could find.)

Sh!bby
10-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Did you feel like the 2004 con still has few enough people to be a small con? I guess what I am asking is how many more people would it take for Animazement to feel like a medium or large con?

Everbody says Animazement is small, but it feels like on Saturday we are going to burst out of our britches like the Incredible Hulk at the Playboy mansion. Mind you, this year the count was 3,200 atendees.

You don't want to make Animazement angry...
You wouldn't like it when it's Angry. :alien: RAAWRR!
(closest thing to a Hulk smilie I could find.)

Animazement isn't nearly as small as it used to be. I agree that it is time to start trying to attract new entertainment...and a VK band would be awesomeness!

Tri...you're scary. o.O; ^___^