PDA

View Full Version : Dante, the female version ;) Jacket help!

SevenDeadlySins
10-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Hello, there!

I am going to a convention as a female version of Dante in DMC2. I was actually wondering what fabrics I should make for the vest and the jackets, being that this is the time I have really sewn complicated clothing. Also, first time for a jacket! :( For reference, here is the exact design I am using for my costume. The picture insipred me ;)

Here:
Female Dante! (http://www.crazy.jp/~wolfina/dmc_g/25-03.html)

It's pretty much going to look like that, but much less boobage. I want it zipped up way more. So my thoughts:

The vest, should it be more of a pleather material type of thing? I'm not too sure, because I've never used the thicker materials so I need advice as to what material would look best for the vest.

And, to be honest, I have no idea what fabric/texture to make the red jacket :waaaah:

Any help from the experts? :)

jetspectacular
10-18-2004, 10:32 PM
omg yah, snake heart, right?? i LOVE that picture XD

pleather isn't all too form-fitting, unless you're already an expert with it (which i'm far from so I'm only sure on no mobility part) but before figureing out materials, are you going to make this layered? (like a vest over the red jacket) or is this going to be all attatched together? Figure out how much fabric you're really going to need, then think about your budget for what type of material you'll want to invest in.. imho *^.^*

good luck with it, this is an awesome idea XD

SevenDeadlySins
10-19-2004, 07:39 PM
omg yah, snake heart, right?? i LOVE that picture XD

pleather isn't all too form-fitting, unless you're already an expert with it (which i'm far from so I'm only sure on no mobility part) but before figureing out materials, are you going to make this layered? (like a vest over the red jacket) or is this going to be all attatched together? Figure out how much fabric you're really going to need, then think about your budget for what type of material you'll want to invest in.. imho *^.^*

good luck with it, this is an awesome idea XD

Yeah, snake heart's pictures are amazing! Once I saw the female Dante pic, I HAD to do this! She looked too hot.

Ah, ok. No, this would be my first time with pleather, actually :( Well, I was wondering, if pleather doesn't seem too good of an idea, what would you recommend? I was just thinking of something a little hard, and shiny (a leather-looking material, sort of thing. Eh.. I make no sense, lol).

I am going to attach them. No layers. :)

Price of fabric: As long as it's not uber-expensive. Like 500$+ for just the fabric of the vest and jacket, itself, then I'll pay anything under. As long as it's total quality. That's my main concern. Nothing flimsy.

But my only problem is figuring out JUST what fabrics I need. Especially for the red coat. It looks more velvet-like, but I'm not sure. Maybe a suede? Ehhhhhh.

SevenDeadlySins
10-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Actually (yeah, I am being annoying. Sorry! :)) I want to make the vest more of a corset type-thing. Like, a pleatherish material that will sort of shape me, like a corset design. So THATs what I need. The material you guys recommend for the vest and jacket. I plan on wearing red leather pants, though, if that helps the coordination.