PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm any very visual costume ideas?

izlegirl
12-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Wah ^^ i really want to start on a new jrock outfit. (--; even though im not done my Osaka-jo live Kyo one, those damn sequins!) By very visual i mean nothing like JILS indies suit and tie thing ^^; Erm my list of bands i like is almost endless. And i searched my Shoxx magazines day and night but the only one i found i really liked was Ni~ya from Nightmare http://www.geocities.com/hitsugi_nightmare/Ruka_pic_sm.jpg
(-_-; it seems like a big project, and the hair is >_< really interesting)

But yeah ^^ anyways, I want to make a costume that has a simple fabric color (like no patterns i'd have to order out for) Haha ^_^; But really, i just want some opinions on good jrock outfits.

Koumori
12-20-2002, 12:18 AM
It depends on what you like. Anything "very visual" is likely to require a lot of custom patterning. Your Geocities page isn't available at the moment so I can't see it, but my general response to "what should I wear" queries is: a) what do you LIKE? b) what are your sewing skills, what kind of equipment do you have to work with, how creative are you willing to get to achieve weird patterns and hairstyles, and how much time and money do you have/are you willing to put in?

izlegirl
12-20-2002, 06:28 AM
I like, well many things. Its hard to tell unless someone gives you an example. Gothic lolita and visual kei style, Also costumes from places like IDjapan, But those are harder sometimes. My sewing skills, well are limited. Im going to be having a sewing teacher soon, so im sure anything i dont get, they'll help. Weird patterns and hairstyles just make it all the more unique and thats fine. Time and money isnt a problem. But, i do hate ordering offline to order material so if that includes time then --;...

Its not so much i want the perfect outfit, as i wanted to know people opinions ^_^ Just in general,
"what does everyone around here like" type of question.

mifyuu
12-20-2002, 01:08 PM
How about Kagrra? They have a unique visual style! ^^

manaxmana
12-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Very visual...? Try indie bands! Syndrome rocks for their ultra indie style. Mana from Malice Mizer days are a hit with his gothic lolita look. Hmm.. Dir en grey is nice too.. in the past. ^^ Why dont you give Nightmare a try too? They are pretty visual.

izlegirl
12-20-2002, 11:44 PM
Haha :D Thanks for the help~!!! I think i'll try making a Syndrome costume first. Because, they really are great~! I completly forgot. (plus my hair is red, and from what i remember --; at LEAST one member has had red hair in the past) Then maybe once thats done i'll try another Mana one (mainly because i just bought a sewing pattern today, could be Gothic lolita/Mana style with some changing)

^_^ Some great ideas now! One day, i think i'd like to make a Laerine outfit. --; But there so pretty and hard (Emiru especially ^.^ Very cute outfits, i think i'd be fun) But at least i know what i can start working on now. ^_~ I'll be sure to post pictures when i finish (X_X; first i need to find which Syndrome one i want to make~!) :thumbsup:

manaxmana
12-22-2002, 01:14 AM
yeah!!! I wanna see the photos then!! XD