PDA

View Full Version : Who went and who did you cosplay at Yaoi-con 2004??

Eurobeat King
10-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone,

Just checking to see who attended Yaoi-con this weekend, and what did you cosplay at the con (or showed up and just hung out in the lobby but still cosplayed.)

I wore: Shinji Ikari (Evangelion), Wu Fei (Endless Waltz), Trowa Barton (Endless Waltz), Inui-Sempai (Prince of Tennis), Ryosuke Takahashi (Initial D), and Jason-Shinji for Halloween. ;)

K_Valentine
10-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Sunday: Boys #14 Sho Tsukioka (Zuki) from the Battle Royale Manga. Easily mistaken for YYH's Kurobara due to pompadour.

Fatwetdog
10-31-2004, 09:38 PM
We got in too late on friday to register, so we were only around on saturday. We started the day as the King of En and Enki from Twelve Kingdoms, but passed largely under the recognizability wire for most of the day. At some time in the afternoon I swapped out for Sanzo and Nick turned into Kiba from Wolf's Rain. (Unintentionally, but his street clothes were close enough that some people started taking his picture so we just went along with it.)

razor_01
10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Friday: Casual Sakuma Ryuichi from Gravitation with half sleeve shirt, but was too tired to take any pics.

Saturday:
1. Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing
2. Ryuichi in the evening, striped shirt with bandana

Sunday:
1. Bleeding Kurosaki Hisoka from Yami no Matsuei (heh)
2. Ryuichi again, for the group pic

If you've taken pictures with me, send me a private message through cosplay.com so I know your user name, unless I know it already.

PikminLink
10-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Saturay only: i was squall, and the green link in the masquerade^^

Miaka No Baka
10-31-2004, 11:09 PM
Friday: Lacus Clyne selling stuffs in swapmeet with a Kira Yamato

Saturday: went to FFXI masquerade event instead

Sunday: Dorothy from The Big O with Roger Smith

Umi
10-31-2004, 11:14 PM
I was there Saturday as tetsu from L'Arc~en~Ciel's SMILE album =D

It was my first time at Yaoi-Con and I have to say it was a very interesting experience. I'm still trying to surpress certain memories from the bishounen auction, but overall it was entertaining. =)

Nadeshiko
11-01-2004, 02:17 AM
Since Yaoi Con was quite last minute, I went in my Halloween costume, Michael Corleone (The Godfather: restaurant / bathroom sequence). Pictures and report will be posted at a later date once I finnish JTAF, AM, and Metreon.

Baka Neko
11-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Sat: Mochi (my friend's character)
Sun: L from Death Note

If you happened to get a picture of me as L could you PM me ^^;

Zhin
11-01-2004, 02:59 AM
I was the Gackt cosplayer at the bishounen auction.

I unfortunately have no photos of myself and I would really appreciate it that those who do could PM me. Thanks!

ACXchan
11-01-2004, 03:31 AM
Friday: Axl from Guilty Gear

Saturday: Ryo from FAKE, Schuldig from Weiss Kreuz XD

Sunday: Watari from Yami no Matsuei, hi Razor we got pics of you >3

Eurobeat King
11-01-2004, 03:34 AM
I was the Gackt cosplayer at the bishounen auction.

I unfortunately have no photos of myself and I would really appreciate it that those who do could PM me. Thanks!

Zhin: The bishy-auction ones I took came out a little dark, cos I was alll the way in the back when I got there after taking pics of cosplayers outside, but I'll PM a couple to you in a few days. But I did get this one (and the one that follows) of you & Maiyu, so I hope you like these. (Such a cute pair!!)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=227319

Midnight Rocket
11-01-2004, 03:52 AM
^_^ I was able to make it! Yay for Yaoi! (I didn't know for sure that I was going until my ride picked me up. ^^;). I mainly just volunteered my ass off...seriously, has anyone found it?

Anyway, Saturday was my only costume. I was Alicia from FAKE (I was with the FAKE group) Next year I will bring more costumes.

Zhin
11-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Zhin: The bishy-auction ones I took came out a little dark, cos I was alll the way in the back when I got there after taking pics of cosplayers outside, but I'll PM a couple to you in a few days. But I did get this one (and the one that follows) of you & Maiyu, so I hope you like these. (Such a cute pair!!)

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=227319

XD I wub my widdle songbird vewwy much. But anyways, if you could e-mail or upload the images of me on stage on somewhere private so I can acquire them I could take a look into it. Photo editing is a large part of my major after all. My e-mail is zhin <shift + 2> yahoo.com

L-Lamb
11-01-2004, 11:36 AM
On saturday i was Tsume from wolf's rain.
No...I wasn't a furry....TSUME!

Sunday I was Sailor StarFighter.

BlackDelo
11-01-2004, 01:30 PM
It was good times this weekend. unfortunately I wasn't able to snuggle with my bishies because of unfortunate happenings to both. Sohji had a rahter bad happening and someone bailed on my zellie. and i paid good money for that zellie too. (you will make up for it right? ^_~) So yeah I'll get my snugglies from them both eventually. its too bad what happend to them both.

P.S. I pwn zellie and sohji!

ZiggyB
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM
On Saturday I was with Positivespace and Lemoned in our Samurai Champloo group. I was the Fuu. X-|

Yes, I hate them so much for talking me into that one... :-P There's a few pictures in my gallery. ;-)

laserkei
11-01-2004, 05:23 PM
On friday and saturday I was daisuke from kagerou (the red sparkly costume). And also on Saturday I was miyabi from Due le Quartz.

Saiyan Princess
11-01-2004, 05:26 PM
I went on Saturday and was crossplaying as Nicholas D. Wolfwood. I was the one with the Neko plushi in my cross and hugging the Vash plushie =^_^=

zell_dincht
11-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Costumes --

Friday -- K' (K Dash, KOF), Seifer Almasy (FF8)
Saturday -- Zell Dincht (FF8), Irvine Kinneas (FF8), Wakato Hiroshi (Prince Of Tennis), Shindou Shuuichi (for bishounen auction, Gravitation)
Sunday -- Irvine Kinneas (FF8), Zell Dincht (FF8)

In total, six costumes...

lemoned
11-01-2004, 06:31 PM
Yes, I hate them so much for talking me into that one... :-P There's a few pictures in my gallery. ;-)

...You know you loved all the attention XD;;;; Was it 7 "oh my god"s?

Erm... On Friday I was Inukai from Mr FULLSWING... Saturday was Jin from Samurai Champloo and Luffy from One Piece for the masq. And Sunday I was Keiyuu from Kra for a little while.. ^___^;;;

kujaeidolon
11-01-2004, 06:40 PM
On Friday I was Ky from Guilty Gear, Saturday I was Berkeley Rose from Fake and Crawford from Weiss Kruez, and on Sunday I was Tatsumi from Yami no Matsuei.

I had a really good time!

jetspectacular
11-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Sat: Mochi (my friend's character)
Sun: L from Death Note

If you happened to get a picture of me as L could you PM me ^^;

Bweehe, i got pics of your L, i'll upload sometime laaaaaaaate tonight after work. I wonder, did you go the whole day barefoot?? x.x I can't believe that I found you so randomly on Sunday, it was like, pure luck ro fate- take your pic. XD Too bad Maiyu couldn't do her Misa outfit on sunday though ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyB

...You know you loved all the attention XD;;;; Was it 7 "oh my god"s?

I was one of those "OMG!" XD and a couple pokes to the boobage. tee hee

Fri: Shiba (with the Mr Fullswing group), then my chibi Rock Howard (KoF02), then Black Haired Emril for TDC (Count Cain/God Child =P)

sat: morning I went aroud as Ikki and took lotsa funky pics with Suiel as Agito (AirGear), then JJ (with Fake Group) then Nagi (decked out funeral style with my Mom and Dad for the Schwarz Group), Guys (enzai) for like 30 minutes.. then back again into Nagi

sunday: Hisoka (artbook/ho! version YamiMatsu), then Raito from Death Note for like.. 30 minutes before the wig got all funky on me XD

the end!

omg no longer a ycon virgin :3 I can't wait for next year, and now I have a few new costumes that I'm going to finish off for the 05 season XD

SilverFox
11-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Yaaay for Y-con!

I really only had 2 costumes and they were:

Friday: Ryuichi Sakuma in his white poet shirt concert outfit

Saturday: Gackt in his black pvc + fishnet outfit (my outfit was unfinished ^^;;; )

Sunday: Ryuichi Sakuma in a more formal concert dress

ZiggyB
11-01-2004, 08:26 PM
lemoned: Hehe, I think the final count was 8 with Jet being the last one. It took her a while for her to recognize me too. :P

Well despite the embarrassment it was fun to be in a group with you all. Though I dread the next time we're getting together to do this. :-/

ACXchan
11-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Aww but Ziggy you look so fine in that costume XD;;; I should have thought about giving the boobies a poke too.

Sixshot
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
I was there, I wasn't really cosplaying though, I'm the head of the AMV contest so if you went then you definetly saw me since I had to host it.

While it wasn't cosplay, I'm just curious as to what people thought of my outfit for the con, I'm thinking of maybe having people vote for what I'll wear next year for hosting the contest.

sharasun
11-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Costumes for me (my con name is sharsachan): I didnt wear as many as I wanted to (i brought ten) because I volunteered this year, so for a good portion of saturday and sunday I sat on my butt badge checking (which was boring and fun at the same time, but meant I couldnt just run to my room and change whenever I felt like it :)

Friday: Gay Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing (rainbow socks and leash)
Saturday: Lenne from FFX-2 and the Giant Penis in the Masquerade
Sunday: Little Gaara from Naruto

Maiyu.C
11-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Jet> Wah I am so sorry I didn't see you on Friday! X_x and I missed you at the con. I was looking around for you but I didn't know who you were cosplaying or what you look like.

Cosplayed>
Fri: Misa with bright orange pigtails and wings for fun
Sat: Fuji from PoT
Sun: Okita Souji (PMK) men's kimono version. I was hitting people with my umbrella by accident. >_<

I had so much fun during Y-con! Next year I'm definitly going!

liddo-chan
11-01-2004, 11:21 PM
I was there Sat. and Sun...

Sat: Sirius Black (morning), Rinoa (for FF gathering and the rest of the evening)
Sun: Cardcaptor Sakura... (and CardKiller Sakura for a quick assasination attempt on our beloved Eurobeat King. I hope those photos come out well :) )

Baka Neko
11-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Bweehe, i got pics of your L, i'll upload sometime laaaaaaaate tonight after work. I wonder, did you go the whole day barefoot?? x.x I can't believe that I found you so randomly on Sunday, it was like, pure luck ro fate- take your pic. XD Too bad Maiyu couldn't do her Misa outfit on sunday though ;_;

LoL I did go barefoot the whole day XD But I did bring my Pumas for when I went outside.. cause no shoes on concrete.. that's wrong XD hee But yes, it was much fun taking pics with you too bad we could take more. ;.; I'll be going to Fanime as L! maybe I'll catch you there? By Fanime my hair should be a good L-length XD haha it hadn't grown as much as I had wanted before Y-Con >.> But yes, can't wait for teh pics!

Eveil
11-02-2004, 01:57 AM
I had: 2 versions of Kaidoh Kaoru (PoT), Jubei Kakei (GetBackers), Hilde Schbeiker (Gundam Wing), Ran Fujimiya (Weiss Kruez), Yanagi Renji (PoT), sparkly shiny Otogi/Duke Devlin (YGO), Kyouichi Sudou (Initial D), and Casual/house maid Yashamaru with baby Gaara (Naruto).

positivespace
11-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Saturday...
Mugen from Samurai Champloo with aforementioned lemoned and ZiggyB as Jin and Fuu respectively.

Sunday...
black and white gothic lolita that a bunch of people mistook me for Sakurai-sensei in. LOL

RaineSquall
11-02-2004, 03:07 AM
howdy Zhin!

wow what a weird chain of events...someone how i have found my Bishi on here! who would have thunk it! small world eh? and to think i wasn't even gonna look on here for anything. yay! this was my first yaoi-con and first con ever! well thus far anyway...but i was Gackt's Mistress! tee hee, yws i know i am a dork, but oh well!!! =D

Karisu-sama
11-02-2004, 05:58 AM
Friday: Got in really late and really tired, went to SLEEP (no cosplay.)

Saturday: 1) Backgammon Remix (Saiyuki) Gojyo - the one in black with the COMPLETELY open shirt. 2) Dilandau (of course :p )

Sunday: Random vaguely Naruto-type ninja, but my kid took the headband (it's hers), so it became sort of a not-costume (I was mostly interested in raiding the doujinshi tables one last time anyway...)

Zhin
11-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Hawwo RaineSquall! ^^

I dun have any pics of myself at the con and I can't find any of myself at the auction. T_T

Suiel
11-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Friday:

Tsukasa from Juvenile Orion.
Raenef from Demon Diary
Subaru from X

Saturday:
Agito from Air Gear
Ken from Weiss Kreuz OVAs
Tsuzuki from Yami no Matsuei

Sunday:
Tsuzuki from Yami no Matsuei
Raito from Death Note

Psychotic Jei
11-03-2004, 01:27 AM
Friday- Zabuza (Naruto)
Saturday- Seto Kaiba (Yugioh. For masq as well)
Sakuma Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Akutsu jin (Prince of Tennis)
Sunday- Zabuza (naruto)

jetspectacular
11-03-2004, 05:42 AM
Saturday: 1) Backgammon Remix (Saiyuki) Gojyo - the one in black with the COMPLETELY open shirt.

which was so utterly cool.

(have a pic in my gallery XD)

JigokuSchuldich
11-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Friday- Zabuza (Naruto)
Saturday- Seto Kaiba (Yugioh. For masq as well)
Sakuma Ryuichi (Gravitation)
Akutsu jin (Prince of Tennis)
Sunday- Zabuza (naruto)

Waaah! Jei! I forgot to lend you my Kumagorou!!! ;___; Imma bad girl >__<

Ummm...let's see..I was:

Friday: -Young Haku (Naruto)
Saturday: -Hanatarou (Bleach)
-Haginosuke Taki (Prince of Tennis, for PoT trivia game)
-Lida -Excalibur- verison (Psycho le Cemu)
Sunday: -Wolfram (Kyou Kara Maou)

Did anyone know the person who was selling Suikoden fanart prints at the Swap Meet on Friday? I forgot to get her contact info and she was really cool! >__<

ZiggyB
11-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Aww but Ziggy you look so fine in that costume XD;;; I should have thought about giving the boobies a poke too.

You can poke mine if I can poke yours. :P

But thank you for the compliment anywa. ;-)

Daitenshi
11-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Saturday:
- Ayame (Fruits Basket)
- Red Link (Four Swords) - masquerade costume

Sunday:
- K-san (Gravitation)

I learned that I make a terrible guy. I'm too female... XD

bi boy
11-04-2004, 08:31 PM
I was dressed as Kamui on Friday and as Subaru on Saturday and Sunday.

My natural operating habitat was the hotel bar. =P

Cicatrice
11-04-2004, 10:28 PM
I was after battle Vash for Friday and most of Saturday. ^^

razor_01
11-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Saturday:
- Ayame (Fruits Basket)
- Red Link (Four Swords) - masquerade costume

Sunday:
- K-san (Gravitation)

I learned that I make a terrible guy. I'm too female... XD

You make the cutest K-san. Do it next year too (maybe with loose pants)!

ACXchan
11-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Karisu I'm still sad I missed your open shirt Gojyo but I saw that Jet got a picture with you XD

Ziggy, deal but you can poke mine only when taped down washboard style X3

Cicatrice, were you the Vash with a dark red tattered coat that my friends and I sort of harassed in front of the elevators @D@? If so I'm sorry but we just totally loved your costume ^ ^;;!

kujaeidolon
11-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Cicatrice: I apologize for any missed elevators and harrassment if you are in fact the coolest Vash I have seen EVER.

But it was worth it.

The Lost Catboy
11-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Okay, I'm new to the forum (new to everything really) but felt like checking in anyhow.
I was the Lost Catboy (the calico with the big clumsy paws and the whiteboard) running around trying to "talk" to people (and bonking someone on the head once). I remember hearing about this site a few times so I joined up to find help for building The Bomb (http://www.mariomonsters.com/bobomb/pmbob.jpg) as a next-costume. Here's hoping.

Does anyone have any pictures of that where the huge tracts of white didn't throw the camera for a loop?

videogamefanboy
11-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I was Chipp Zanuff from GGXX, Bungie from Gungrave, Kensou fron KOF 2002, and I was Joe in the auction.

3pheMeraLmiX
11-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Dressed up as calintz for magna carta at the acution, but couldn't wear the wig or the sandals because I wouldn't have been able to dance in them. Otherwise, normally dressed. :)

Daitenshi
11-14-2004, 07:01 PM
You make the cutest K-san. Do it next year too (maybe with loose pants)!

Yeah, the pants... XD I couldn't find any good khakis during my last minute goodwill excursion, so I just used the pair I used to wear in high school.

ChiByakko
11-21-2004, 10:29 PM
I went as Dio from Last Exile on Friday, Vikki from Suikoden 4 on Saturday, and Selphie from FF8 for a little while on Saturday night.

I didn't even have time to wear all the costumes I brought! I had 2 more in the room. oh well. And to think I already have plans for next year's costumes... ^_^