PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite cosplayer and/or skit?

Wakusei
10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
People usually start one of these posts, so I figured I'd get the jump on the rest and start it first. :bigtu:

AUSA6 was great, the Naruto gathering had some good turnout, and tons of photos were taken of your's truly. :crylaugh:

My favorites, well... besides my own skit and costume, :toothy: were:
The One Piece Gang's skit about the.... well, I don't want to run the chance of being Censored. :rolleyes:
Maester Seymour's Kuja was an awsome sight, you gotta love the bad guys.
I don't know the guy, but there was an excellent looking Vash there. He was the first one I'd seen that had the exact hairdo.

So what're everyone else's favorites?

Maester Seymour
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
gasp! ive been mentioned! thx wakusei! ::Was the kuja::

wow everyone did such a nice job @ the masquerade.....favorites had to be:

Evangelion Kids blew me away
Jiraiya, Sakura, etc. that group was awesome
The Sausa--- i think you know which one. lol.
Homestarrunner thingy
rock lee XD
the little zelda
star angel's gundam seed char
Anthy!!!! it was so good!
Le Ciel Kami cuz i love malice mizer and riji
Lani was l337 too!

Theres more but those r just ones i can think of at the moment ^^

Act1 of Konoha
10-31-2004, 10:02 PM
Wakusei your skit was funny as all hell, and be doing Kakashi next make me want to buy a book from you. but i have to hand it to the Otaku Blues, man that song was great

Star_Angel
10-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Wow my Lacus got mentioned! thanks Seymour!
My favorites would have to be;
The Naruto skit was great! and the one piece skit was so funny! The Eva Kids were awesome (yeah I know thats the music teacher in me talking). and the otaku blues were so cute!
the walk ons that i really liked were;
Purin (and not because I made most of it I have never seen Ren be so lively for a costume judgeing!)
Seymours Kuja was awesome and I liked your skit!
CCAmandas Lani was cute and the photo I saw from afansview was such a great pose!
I also liked the Vampire Princess Miyu too!

Wakusei
10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
It's always nice to get love and praise. Everyone was sooooooo great that I was hard pressed to choose those I mentioned. Just for everyone's information in the future my group's official name is "The Hidden Village of Love."

I also loved both musical sequences, they were magical. I have no idea why I didn't mention them in the starting post. lmao

Act1 of Konoha
10-31-2004, 10:13 PM
he want can i do to be a part of the "Hidden Village of Love" in futuer cons?

Wakusei
10-31-2004, 10:24 PM
I sent you a private message on that subject, Act1.

Mandyness
10-31-2004, 11:05 PM
Sakura here for the job lol sorry had to do that i'm like still in skit mode *sighs* Omg i love everything there i wish i could of seen everything but ya backstage waiting for my turn to be on stage for the "The hidden village of Love." Yup it was me hahaha some people couldn't belive it. Well anyways from that i think everyone did an awsome job on costume and skits. ^_^ *hands pixi sticks to all people and hugs* hehehe yes...umm...let see...i have so much to say i just can't think of it and i need sleep so i'll come back laters.

Riji
10-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Let's see:

Seymour's Kuja, obviously, although I don't think I can ever look at him with a straight face again. (Not that I did anyway :p )

I'm obsessed with Wakusei's wig. I'm gonna find you at another con and at least get a picture of you. Your skit was very well-done.

The Evangelion girls: Wow, just wow.

The Vampire Princesss Miyu: You were so realistic it was unbelievable.

Aku's L'Arc~en~Ciel Smile Cosplay cause I'm such a Laruku fangirl. :love:

rock lee XD

*gasp* I had forgotten about that! That was hilarious!

I just know there's more but my brain is still fried from lack of food.

Sorahana
10-31-2004, 11:25 PM
I liked myself the best because.......I had to walk out there with the blurriest vision eva since I didn't wear my glasses onstage? Hehe ok well here's who I liked:
EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!! Yea I loved everyone! The Naruto skit was frikin hilarious, same for the One Piece skit.
*pokes the Kuja* I'm L337? *lmao* Why am I L337?! You are more L337 because of your skit which rocked and made me wanna cry because you were so into character ;_;!! Kick ass job everyone ^_~!!

Alexia Ikyu
10-31-2004, 11:33 PM
Evangelion Girls, because I'm a musician.

Suasage of Love - Absolutely a perfect way to do a skit. I know nothing about One Piece, but I connected beautifully with the characters laughing the whole time.

Avian_Firefly
11-01-2004, 02:07 AM
I have to go with the Eva girls since i was talking to them when we were setting up. Also I play those instuments so i have a soft spot. and the blues kids too, they were so cute!

lunasreincarnat
11-01-2004, 10:45 AM
i love me some Eva girls, last year they were ff10 girls!! and i was backstage for the contest feeling ill so they started break dancing to cheer me up. too cute.

senshi_meiousei
11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
I loved the Otaku Blues children!!!!! I was talking with them all the time backstage, and they even tried to pull me around in my pink inner tube!!! The Sausage of Love skit was also great!

As for cosplayers, Master Seymore (sorry if I spelt it wrong) was great as usual. Um...trying to remember cosplayers...heh. Oh! The Anthy that was a walk-on had a very nice costume as well! Great job everyone who cosplayed!!!

Kawaii Kenshin
11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
I can't really say since I'm quite biased because of personally knowing alot of the cosplayers. ^^; Also, I'll be sure to tell Amelia, Maria, and their two friends (the "Eva girls") that you guys enjoyed their skit next time I see them! ^^

Other then the people that I know I really enjoyed the "Sasusage of Love" skit and the 'Otaku Blues" one! XD Great stuff! HAHA

aeva
11-01-2004, 11:51 AM
I thought everyone did a wonderful job, and it was great to talk to so many people backstage. [I was the Sugar cosplayer, by the way]

I will basically say "ditto" to all of the previous posts praising the Eva girls; they were great performers and costumers. However, my personal favorite skit was the One Piece skit- it was perfect. Although I have never seen One Piece, it was written so well that one needed no previous knowlege of the show to understand the jokes. I laughed so hard! X3 To me, that is how a skit should be written. I also will be saying "ORLANDO BLOOM NO JITSUU!" for a long time.

YunalescaSummon
11-01-2004, 12:32 PM
One Piece was brilliant. For me, two words: Miracle Gro.

The Anthy had the perfect costume! It was so beautiful! And Amanda and Maester Seymour, you guys ROCKED! Hope to see you at Katsucon (maybe we can do some sort of FF skit there...^-^)

Sorahana
11-01-2004, 01:06 PM
One Piece was brilliant. For me, two words: Miracle Gro.

The Anthy had the perfect costume! It was so beautiful! And Amanda and Maester Seymour, you guys ROCKED! Hope to see you at Katsucon (maybe we can do some sort of FF skit there...^-^)

I'd so drag him to Katsucon if I could *super cackle* Maybe Yunie can drag him *muhahaha*. If I do end up going I'd do a skit with ya ^_^!! Skits are fun....and I wanna do one anyway hehehe ^_~.

blueyedgirl
11-01-2004, 03:28 PM
we didn't really get to see any because we were on last, so I can't really say. maybe someone will have a video posted in the near future ?

WindyKitsune
11-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes, yes, the One Piece skit, the Naruto skit, Maester Seymour's Kuja just because he was able to portray Kuja clearly as a man, the Lupin kids were wonderful, i wasn't able to see the Eva musicians because i was busy waiting behind stage for my own skit but i heard them practicing and they were amazing none the less, hell, i loved all the skits! ^^;; Everyone performed very well and they were all great in my opinion!

Plum Blossom
11-01-2004, 04:19 PM
I really loved the last skit, the first skit (yay, violin rules), the "Sausage of Love" one, and the Hidden Village of Love. XD they were hilarious ('cept for the first one, that was amazing).

Out of cosplayers, my favorites (not including me :P) were all the Sasukes. Yes. I loved all the Sasukes. ^^;; I'm just weird... >.>

aku
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
The only skit that I liked was the "Sausage of Love". The rest, I either forgot about, didn't like, or I just didn't get them.

ChibiTifa05
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
I LOVED the One Piece skit so much. It was hilarious! ^_^ Maester Seymour's Kuja was so wonderful! So was Amanda's Lani. I loved Bethii-chan's Estell as well! Everyone did a great job and everyone was a winner to me!

StarDustShadow
11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
In the masq. i loved the Eva group since i'm a musician too, they played beautifully. Maester Seymour's Kuja (waves Chibi Kuja sign around, YAAAY!) was awesome, i didn't even mind being called a sweet loveable moron XD, the One Piece gang was hilarious, and Rock Lee, i almost peed my pants i was laughing so hard (Orlando Bloom! *Drools*)

Outside the masq, i loved Tomoko's Lumiere of course, the ArmBlast (your breifcase was so cool!), The Kakashi with the special picture inside his book XD, the Kuronue, the Vash and Wolfwood, the Vash at the rave (that guy could dance, and in a long red coat no less), the villian from Samurai Jack (name escapes me currently), the Itachi Uchiha, the Penelope from Hamtaro, and i know there are others, but they've temporarily slipped my mind

*~Yunie~*

XpunkRikuX
11-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh I liked all the jrock cosplayers....much luv to all of yall!!!! Im a jrock coser and seeing other jrockers at a con makes me happy.although I basically blew all my money at the jrock table set up outside the dealers room it was totally worth it.lol.those guys who sold me my gauze cd were sooo cool.we talked about manas store in tokyo and how we would like to see deg in concert.lol.much love to them too....anyway back on subject...I thought it was so weird how I only saw one mana the entire con.i only went on saturday so i think i missed rijis cos but i found another one.*sniffles* i was looking forward to seeing that cos to.I saw this one girl cosplayer as kyo from degs drain video and she did an awesome job!!! so if ur a member of c.com the gackt illumanti u saw early in the morning gives u 2 thumbs up.lol.oh and yes i eventually found a mana.it was late in the evening just when i was about 2 give up.lol.i looked up and there was mana in his wedding dress walking across the main lobby.my eyes lit up and i instantly ran over to him.lol.HOW FUN!!!! well anyway im rambling and i got other stuff 2 post to.peace out.=^.^=v

Daala
11-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Great Naruto turn out, I think that was the best part of the con for me. ^_^ And anyone I harassed with candy...LOL!

iheartanime
11-02-2004, 10:53 AM
k, ive never done this b4, so hopefully it works!

im the keybord/piano eva person!
i really loved the one piece skit it was hilarious!! and the otaku blues were so awsome, and im so glad they won!!! :bigtu:

by the way, plz stop calling us the eva kids its extremely annoying since sum of u probably arnt much older then we are... :sulk:

SailorMoonStar
11-02-2004, 11:19 AM
I'd have to say I loved Lunasreincarnat's Sailor Luna costume. Yeah, I'm biased to Sailor Moon costumes, heh, but it was my favorite.

Alexia Ikyu
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM

i really loved the one piece skit it was hilarious!! and the otaku blues were so awsome, and im so glad they won!!! :bigtu:

by the way, plz stop calling us the eva kids its extremely annoying since sum of u probably arnt much older then we are... :sulk:

Hehe, good job. :)

Much older? I'm twenty. :p The proper term really should be Child since that is why they are called in the series.(Except Misato.) How about Eva Super Sensational Orchestra? :D

aeva
11-02-2004, 12:11 PM

Much older? I'm twenty. :p The proper term really should be Child since that is why they are called in the series.(Except Misato.) How about Eva Super Sensational Orchestra? :D

Alex is such a sweetheart. :3

....as for the new nouns.... I AGREE. 'twas a fantastic performance.

Maester Seymour
11-02-2004, 12:17 PM

i was gna write something else but i would just look like a jerk lol, so, yeah, sry you're not eva kids. everyone else said eva girls so i guess that works. eva girls were cool. ^^

Fireflystar
11-02-2004, 03:18 PM
My favorite cosplayer was the person in the yellow hoodie dressed as Pikachu XD At the end of the day they took off the mask and was walking like a zombie, hah and I don't know why but I love seeing stuff like that,hah.

But in seriousness, I really like a pink dress PockyDarcy had on, I'm not sure who she was, Riji's Mana, and Sailormoonstar's hair!

Lady_Sephiroth
11-02-2004, 05:50 PM

The Vampire Princesss Miyu: You were so realistic it was unbelievable.

/bows Thank you! I had much fun doing that skit, I'm glad people enjoyed it!

YunalescaSummon
11-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Yes, you ROCKED! I was so glad you got an award!!!!

Darxim
11-02-2004, 07:02 PM
I didn't see the masq, so I have to wait for the video. Yes, I do get the video.

My favorite cosplayers, however, were Usagi1818, her friend, and Blueyedgirl. I'd be in a conversation with someone, one of them would walk by, and I'd forget what I was talking about. When that happens, you know the costume is good. Yes, the costume. :rolleyes:

I bow to you. :japan:

blueyedgirl
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
I didn't see the masq, so I have to wait for the video. Yes, I do get the video.

My favorite cosplayers, however, were Usagi1818, her friend, and Blueyedgirl. I'd be in a conversation with someone, one of them would walk by, and I'd forget what I was talking about. When that happens, you know the costume is good. Yes, the costume. :rolleyes:

I bow to you. :japan:

thank you :o

Usagi1818
11-02-2004, 07:07 PM
::blushes::

Thank you

::gets beet red and shyly runs away::

Star_Angel
11-02-2004, 08:40 PM
/bows Thank you! I had much fun doing that skit, I'm glad people enjoyed it!
Your skit was so amazing!!

lunasreincarnat
11-02-2004, 09:45 PM
I'd have to say I loved Lunasreincarnat's Sailor Luna costume. Yeah, I'm biased to Sailor Moon costumes, heh, but it was my favorite.

aw thanks ^.^ 1 of the 6 costumes i wore to the con one of my favs too ^.^

PockyDarcy is like one of my top 3 all time fav cosplayers and it was soo cool to talk to her ^.^

Fory-san
11-03-2004, 01:28 AM
There were a lot of great skits this year! My favs were the EVA group that played the beautiful rendition of "Cruel Angel's Thesis" and Otaku Blues. The funniest was the One Piece "sausage and love", but I was amazed at the hilarious Iron Chef Rock! He had a magnificent stage presence! ^^

S.N.O.R.
11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Yay! I'm a noob so this is my first post!

Oh... putting my relationship with Wakusei aside(i'm related to him), my personal favorite skit was the Otaku Blues, then in a close second the One Piece skit(Just can't ignore so many inuendos).

As for the costumes, I liked them all!

ayareinami*YAY*
11-24-2004, 04:09 PM
thanks so much for liking our eva skit! i was da rei (omfg such a HARD costume!). Evrey one did so well , especialy da lupin gang! they were so nice+ the skit gave me a hernia from laughin soo hard!!! i tlked to them back stge => THEY TOTALLY DESERVED BEST IN SHOW!!! :bigtu:

ooooooh yeahhhhhhhhhh... did any one get pics of us? i cant find poo bout us..... :waaaah: [COLOR=DarkRed][/COLOR

ayareinami*YAY*
11-24-2004, 05:10 PM

im the ausuka/ cello duette yall i feel like a crap rite now but im supa happy!! eva super sensational orchestra? omfg thats like so cool i luv it. were gonna thry to do sumthin 4 flcl for otakon, so that name might not work tho... :waaaah: thanx for likin it!! yay!

Terumi
12-07-2004, 11:16 PM
My favorite skit.. hm... well, I've gotta say I loved Wakkusei's skit because that guy kicks total butt on the funny meter. He's so sweet in person too. The Sakura from the skit was so super nice too ^^ Actually... O-o everyone from the skit seemed cool LOL My other fav.... as others would say, may be called "Orlando Bloom No Jutsu!" Gotta love those eyes for Rock Lee! Great job!

I think that only about 10% of the audience + Greg Ayres got our skit LOL ._.; I was Rossete (The blonde haired nun )from Chrno Cruade, my best friend Toshi was Joshua (Her brother - an Apostle of God ), and my good old buddy Will was Elder (pervy old man). The skit went well with everyone until I said "I'LL KILL YOU WITH THIS SPOON!" That was a line from the show LOLOL So only a few people got it. But we had so much fun with the skit that it was totaly worth the spoon joke, even if only a few people got it. ^^ :dance: :p