PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, another 'Help me' thread - Naruto

KnuxieChan
11-01-2004, 12:23 AM
..Alrighty. I did try making a Kiba (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=224506) costume, but I look HORRIBLE in it. I wanna be a character that I'd look good as, but I'm stumped.

*sigh*Damn my ugly man-like face o_O;.

Er.. any suggestions on what Naruto character I could be? ^^; Any suggestions would help alot.

HighOnMako
11-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Well, there are three things all good anime cosplayers have: 1) Build 2) Costume quality 3) Hair. It doesn't matter if your face is too man-like, or if you're white or Asian or black. Just get the hair right, and make your costume kick-ass. Do you have a pic of yourself?

KnuxieChan
11-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Not off hand, but I just don't think I fit the Kiba role =/ I'm really picky.

Chibik3r0
11-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Not off hand, but I just don't think I fit the Kiba role =/ I'm really picky.

What is it exactly that you don't like about it? From what I can see, it looks like a good costume... I'll try to pass on some advice from what I've experienced with my own Kiba costume if that'll help you if you would like...

I don't suggest abandoning a character based upon the mere fact you have a different facial structure. Many cosplayers don't look 100% like an anime character... Anime characters generally aren't natural so of course it would be hard to replicate the look exactly :P

If by fitting the role you mean not having the personality, that's only something you can work on. Being in character is hard but it makes the character more authentic.

janmurphy
11-01-2004, 03:59 AM
I think thats a great Kiba. But indeed, looks like a more reserved Kiba in that pic. It looks natural , like normal clothing. And remember to the characters it IS normal clothing, so thats a plus!
I think your face looks more bishie than manish, and well all know bishounen are 90% feminine. I would so sugest doing the fourth Hokage. Or Iruka, hmm, you would make a good Iruka. But beware the pervy Kakashi's at cons!!!!

KnuxieChan
11-01-2004, 09:18 AM
I dunno.. I guess I'm just a big critic of myself.

I look horrible in all my pics though. My girlfriend suggested eyeliner, or make up..

Chibik3r0
11-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Give the eyeliner a try... I was reluctant to wear it at first but my friend convinced me to do it and it actually looks a lot better and defines the eye more in some weird make-uppy way... I really don't know... Make-up is generally a foreign concept to me being male and all... ^_^;

And I just noticed that your jacket says "Old Navy" on it... Anyway you can scratch that off if it's just pasted on or unstitch if it's sewn on? It would really help with the authenticity of the costume.

Digital Blush
11-02-2004, 12:01 AM
your a good kiba! dont give up on a cosplay that you worked hard on! ifyou dont think you look like the character so what? as long as your having fun. dont abandon your poor cosplay costume, it shall be sad. i'm really picky about cosplaying myself but trust me you make a good kiba. if other people tell you other wise, send akamaru on them >D i know i would but i'm a hinata and sasuke cosplayer. :B

HighOnMako
11-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Dude, I just checked out your photo gallery. Your Kiba rocks! Gosh, I went to this small con ___ number of days ago (I will not mention when or where to protect the innocent) but the Kiba sucked balls. Really, no effort put into it. I could seriously compare you to some of those hardcore Japanese cosplayers.