PDA

View Full Version : Yaoi-con 2004 Masquerade Winners

Eurobeat King
11-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey there,

For those of you who were curious to know who won the 5(6) prizes for the Yaoi-con masquerade (or if you were there but waited in the long line to get back into the room for the results and the bishonen auction) here's the list of winners:

Best Costume Individual: Doll from Angel Sanctuary
Best Performance Individual: Deathscythe Duo
Best Costume Group: VIKO ARTS COSPLAY GROUP: Yami no Matsuei
Best Performance Group: Men of Mystery "Men In Tights" song (9 LINKS)
Best Judges' Award : Mr. 2 & His Fighting Crew: One Piece "Y-A-O-I" song
Honorable Mention (Lionel named it the OMG/WTF award) : Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (you had to be there to see it..) ;)

Congratulations to all the winners and applause goes to everyone who participated in the masquerade, with their walk-on's and skits! It was fun for everyone in the audience, and the judges. Thanks to Lionel, Ziggy, Liddo-chan, and Umi for helping me and the Yaoi-con staff with the judging, and special thanks to Brian for doing another great job MCing the event! :bigtu:

Hope to see everyone next year for another great show, Yaoi-style!!

ACXchan
11-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Wow that sixth award is just precious, I believe we need to make the OMG/WTF award an official part of Yaoi Con @D@ That skit was the one my friends and I walked in on XD

Daitenshi
11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Al - Actually, our group "Men of Mystery" got Best Group Performance. ^^;

kagomechan
11-01-2004, 11:30 PM
FYI: The Men of Mystery got Best Group Performance. ^_^

PikminLink
11-01-2004, 11:30 PM
*points to certificate* ^^;;

Eurobeat King
11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Eeps! Haha you're right! :thumbsup: *goes to edit* After the masqy, Brian took the sheet of paper that I had scribbled down all my masquerade notes, cos he needed them to tell the staff the winning results. So today at work I tried to think who got what category, and it was hard to tell which prize we gave to which skit when it came to those 2, since both skits entertained the audience greatly! ;)

Daitenshi
11-02-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm so glad that the Y-A-O-I group got an award!! I really loved their skit. XD

sharasun
11-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Question!! we won the OMG/WTF award. We didn't get any sort of certificate. Were we supposed to?

liddo-chan
11-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Question!! we won the OMG/WTF award. We didn't get any sort of certificate. Were we supposed to?

Sorry, Sharasun, but since the 6th award was a last minute addition (There were only supposed to be 5, originally, but we felt your group really deserved some special mention for the, um, *impact* you had on the audience... ;) ), there was no certificate... just the prize bag, and a lot of applause!

kagomechan
11-02-2004, 02:14 AM
Eeps! Haha you're right! :thumbsup: *goes to edit* After the masqy, Brian took the sheet of paper that I had scribbled down all my masquerade notes, cos he needed them to tell the staff the winning results. So today at work I tried to think who got what category, and it was hard to tell which prize we gave to which skit when it came to those 2, since both skits entertained the audience greatly! ;)

It's all good.. PL pointed it out to me and I was just like.. "Wait! Is that right?" and went to go check out the certificate.

Thanks for changing it. :3 Love all the pictures you took!

Kagome-chan

sharasun
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Sorry, Sharasun, but since the 6th award was a last minute addition (There were only supposed to be 5, originally, but we felt your group really deserved some special mention for the, um, *impact* you had on the audience... ;) ), there was no certificate... just the prize bag, and a lot of applause!

thats okay! we didnt even think about it and then everyone else started mentioning their certificates so we figured we ask!!

Thats so awesome, you made up a new award for our thing. thats soooo cool. Thank you!!!

Dany
11-02-2004, 01:11 PM
The OMG/WTF Award. Love it.

There's an award that is similiar to this given at CostumeCon called the Spazzy, given to the most way-out-there costume. This past year, it was given to a woman who was a Klingon Patsy Kline...she even sang the song "Crazy" in full, accurate Klingon!

It was skerrrrrry ;)

Umi
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
thats okay! we didnt even think about it and then everyone else started mentioning their certificates so we figured we ask!!

Thats so awesome, you made up a new award for our thing. thats soooo cool. Thank you!!!

I think everyone would have been unhappy if you guys didn't get some sort of recognition for that skit ^o^

HowiePoof
11-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Congratulations to all the winners. I was so happy to see a Mr 2 cosplayer! I had to call my friends and tell them about her... and when they wouldn't believe me I put her on the phone with them. Good job!!!

Mach5Motorsport
11-03-2004, 02:36 PM
I handed back Al's notes to Lionel late on Sat night. (thanks again) I printed out the list of winners Sunday morning to the Con Desk. Gah....long night hosting Cosplay and then handling some of the DJ stuff asfter teh auction. I had to leave by 1pm Sunday to get back to Sacramento.