PDA

View Full Version : EBK Presents: Nekocon 2004 Photographs

Eurobeat King
11-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone!

I look forward to seeing everyone at Nekocon this weekend, and taking photos of your costume(s)! I hope to take a LOT of pictures (2000 minimum!) and you all can help out by finding me (if I don't find you first) by saying hello in each costume you wear this weekend. (I'm forgetful of recognizing people when they change costumes.. it comes with the age.. :thumbsup: ) So please find me all weekend, say hello (and identify yourself (screen-name) on cosplay.com, and I'll take a few pictures of your costume. :) I won't be leaving until Monday morning, so I'll be taking pictures alllll the way until Sunday evening. When I get back, the pictures will start to go up Monday afternoon, and I'll be posting them IN-ORDER when I took them, starting with Thursday evening cosplayers until Sunday evening good-bye pictures. So please be patient as I post the pictures, and will update you all here with how the progress is going and what pics to expect next. Thanks (in advance) for your patience and posing for pictures at Nekocon 2004!!

In the meantime, check out the pictures from the first three Nekocon's I've attended. Notice how back then I didn't know cosplayers as well as I do now, and also how I cosplayed more and took less pictures then, but now in 2004 I cosplay LESS and take A LOT more pictures.. heehee ;)

Nekocon 2001:
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=6191&userid=18 (look for pictures nc01-001 to nc01-247

Nekocon 2002:
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=571&userid=18

Nekocon 2003:
http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=601&userid=18

See you all this weekend!!

minako chan
11-04-2004, 09:29 AM
What time are you getting in thursday night? I would love to hang out cause I live like 20 minutes away.

Eurobeat King
11-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Minako: Hehe I'm already here!! ;) I've been here since 6pm, and the new location is different and definitely will take some getting-used-to, since there'll be stuff at both the Holiday Inn and the Convention Center.. :thumbsup: But I welcome the challenge! ;) So far there were only a SMALL handful of cosplayers, so thanks to Reiko and her friends for wearing their Gravitation costumes for a little bit for pics. :)

Went out with Midknight and Minako to go eat at IHOP, and now I need sleep to get enough rest before the madness begins tomorrow! See you all tomorrow!!

UPDATE: This free internet computer has been super-busy ALLLL weekend, so I finally got the chance to post an update about pictures. After Saturday evening, I managed to break 2000 pictures, with one full-day left to go, so we'll see how many I take today. I'll update again later tonight (when the con's over and I'm the only one wandering around the Holiday Inn.. heehee) But I got a lot of good pics, and can't wait to start posting tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again to everyone who posed for pics!!

Saffi
11-07-2004, 11:09 PM
it was amazing to finally get to meet the famous Eurobeat King... I love your pics and can't wait to see the ones of the Cats group ( I was the brown flexible one)

thanks so much for taking our pics and for all your work!

see you next year

-saff

Reiko
11-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Minako: Hehe I'm already here!! ;) I've been here since 6pm, and the new location is different and definitely will take some getting-used-to, since there'll be stuff at both the Holiday Inn and the Convention Center.. :thumbsup: But I welcome the challenge! ;) So far there were only a SMALL handful of cosplayers, so thanks to Reiko and her friends for wearing their Gravitation costumes for a little bit for pics. :)

Went out with Midknight and Minako to go eat at IHOP, and now I need sleep to get enough rest before the madness begins tomorrow! See you all tomorrow!!

UPDATE: This free internet computer has been super-busy ALLLL weekend, so I finally got the chance to post an update about pictures. After Saturday evening, I managed to break 2000 pictures, with one full-day left to go, so we'll see how many I take today. I'll update again later tonight (when the con's over and I'm the only one wandering around the Holiday Inn.. heehee) But I got a lot of good pics, and can't wait to start posting tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again to everyone who posed for pics!!

lol take your time.. lol I can only imagine how busy posting pics are ^_^ lol.
you know I love your pictures!! ^_~

Eurobeat King
11-08-2004, 03:09 PM
YAYY!! :D I made it home safely after a not-so-bad flight home, even though I didn't get much sleep the night before.. :thumbsup: BUT, I am home now and have begun posting the Nekocon 2004 Pictures!! Please go to my gallery or just click here to view them:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=11371&userid=18

I shall u/l as many as I can today/tonight, and then continue during the evenings to come, until I finish posting all of the pics! Thanks to everyone who posed for me, and thanks for your patience as you await the pics to go up! I'll update here frequently to let you know how far I've posted and what to expect next in the pics to come. ciao~

digikoomi
11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
YAYY!! :D I made it home safely after a not-so-bad flight home, even though I didn't get much sleep the night before.. :thumbsup: BUT, I am home now and have begun posting the Nekocon 2004 Pictures!! Please go to my gallery or just click here to view them:

I shall u/l as many as I can today/tonight, and then continue during the evenings to come, until I finish posting all of the pics! Thanks to everyone who posed for me, and thanks for your patience as you await the pics to go up! I'll update here frequently to let you know how far I've posted and what to expect next in the pics to come. ciao~
Thank you for your hard work~ hope you got 1000 shot at last day ~
and I am sorry that we have to leave early and I don't have time to say bye bye to you...but I will see you at katsucon OK~

T4uRu$k4tt
11-08-2004, 03:41 PM
*yay*

a big thnx to you, and from all of us without such nice cameras and camera skills especially so ;)

can't wait to peruse them all, see ya at katsu! ^_^

~katt

Eurobeat King
11-08-2004, 07:37 PM
UPDATE: I managed to post all of the pictures from Nekocon FRIDAY, so please check them out in my gallery. :) I'll be back later tonight (after a well-deserved nap and dinner) to start Saturday's pictures. Please comment on the pictures that I've posted, and I look forward to reading them later. Thanks again for those who posed for me on Friday (as a start)

NOTE: Please feel free to use the pictures I took of you for your own c.com gallery or web-site. It would be appreciated if you gave me credit for taking the picture too! :D Super-appreciated!

Reiko
11-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Thank you! you rock so much!! ^_^ I hope you had fun! *hugs*

king
11-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Ahhh! The pictures you have of the Naruto group I was in are great!! T_T Thank you so much! I think you got our pictures Saturday night too, so I'm looking forward to those. =) thanks for all the hard work you do.

Eurobeat King
11-08-2004, 11:17 PM
King: Yesh, I took a lot of group shots for the Naruto gathering, and those will go up after the Cosplay.com gathering, and Final Fantasy gathering. So the Naruto ones should be up within 1-2 days. Thanks for your patience! :)

Reiko: I had a LOT of fun, and my 4th year at Nekocon was NOT a letdown. :) Thanks for posing for the pics, and I like how you used my pictures into one photo for a Nori-collage on your gallery! Looks schweet!

Initial Diesal
11-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Great to hear you made it home alright, you do deserve a good rest for all the hard work you did this weekend. It was a blast hanging out as usually, thanks again for the shots and the photo. This con really did me well and I hope I can do fine till Katsucon.

Eurobeat King
11-09-2004, 03:33 AM
UPDATE: Taking the day off from work today to come home from Nekocon and rest-up was a good idea, but there's no rest when I have a LOT of pictures to post.. :thumbsup: But thankfully not having to work means I can stay home and start u/l the pictures, and I'm happy that I managed to post over 1500 pictures so far from the weekend, and there's still a lot more to come!! :D You can view what I've posted so far here:

You'll see the Cosplay.com, Final Fantasy, Guilty Gear, and Naruto gatherings, as well as photoshoots I did with my friends. Coming up will be more photoshoots as the Saturday evening and the masquerade approaches, but since I didn't watch the masquerade you won't see any on-stage pictures and only a few of the winners that stuck around afterwards. Look for the rest of the pictures tomorrow night in the evening after 7pm PST(10pm EST) and until then please enjoy the pictures and comment as often as you like on your favorite ones! :)

digikoomi
11-09-2004, 09:30 AM
good for you! have day off...but not for me as a freelance...still continue lots works..but I do see all the photos you post ^^ thank u for the good works!!

Saberpilot
11-09-2004, 07:46 PM
*huggles Eurobeat*
Thank you! You have no idea... it seems as though few people took pics this year, or maybe I'm just impatient... as usual. ^.^;;

ainslye
11-09-2004, 10:16 PM
These pics look great (not that I would expect anything less)

Thanks so much for doing this, con after con.... stalking your galleries is becoming by favorite post-con hobby. ^_^

*hugs*

Cat-chan
11-09-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm also very grateful--- thank you so much! *points to icon* You definitely got some of the best pictures of my costumes. I'll see you at Ohayocon or Katsucon!

Eurobeat King
11-10-2004, 03:24 AM
FINAL UPDATE: Yay!! I'm glad to say that I managed to post ALL of my Nekocon pictures, and thanks to the day o' rest and no work yesterday, that allowed me to post all of the 2300+ pictures within 2 days!! :D I'll look through the entire amount of pictures I took and see if there are any I can post as "omake" pics, or make some "old-school" B&W pics of some cosplayers for fun.

Thanks to everyone who posed for pictures, gatherings, & photoshoots at Nekocon, and I hope you liked what I took. And thanks for your support in the replies here and the other Nekocon threads. :) If I missed your costume(s), I apologize and will try to do better next time. :lost: I do miss cosplayers and even though Nekocon isn't as big as Otakon or Katsucon, some do slip my camera's sights.. :thumbsup: But there's always 2005!

Please comment as much as you like, and thanks again! See you next con! ciao~ -EBK :skidude2:

zekitty
11-10-2004, 06:39 AM
w00t! Your pics looks great!! I'm suprised that although at least 346762586275 people took pictures of me, the only ones I've seen so far are in Fansview and your gallery. O.o I wonder where the others went? X3

pixiekitty
11-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Thankyou for all of the pictures Al. They are wonderful. =) It was great hanging out with you and Lionel at Nekocon. Hope to see you at Katsucon!

P.S.- DOUBLE DECKER TACO WITH 20 PACKS OF HOT SAUCE

hehehehe.

Giant Alucard
11-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Al, you rock so much. It was so cool to hang with you at neko. Can't wait to see you again at Katsucon!!

KuroBara
11-21-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks so much Al! My lack-o-internet access at home kept me from browsing your galleries until today. The photos look great, I really like the ones of the Haibane Renmei and Bottle Fairy groups. Thanks!