PDA

View Full Version : Characters in Distinctive Tights

LuckInSpades
11-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Hey, I was wondering if you all could help me out? I am trying to compile a list of anime/vg/other cosplayed characters with distinctive tights or body (not face) tattoos. Not tights like fishnets or with frilly lace, but like colours and patterns?

I have:
Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
Cammy (<a href="street%20fighter" onmouseover="window.status='<a href="street%20fighter" onmouseover="window.status='Street Fighter'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Street Fighter</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Street Fighter</a>)
Red Hearts (Nene Thomas Artwork)
Komugi (Magic Nurse Komugi)
Gunner Paine (FFX-2)
Berserker Rikku (yes/no?) (FFX-2)
Black Mage Rikku (FFX-2)
Gun Mage Rikku (FFX-2)
Berserker Paine (FFX-2)
Felicia (Magna Carta)
Kou Leifou (The Bouncer)
Brother (FFX-2)
Orochimaru (Naruto)
Sophia (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Ivy 3P (Soul Calibur 2)
Sun Zhang Xiang (Dynasty Warriors 3)

I'll add to this list as I get help. Thanks very much!

aeva
11-08-2004, 12:39 AM
You can probably use fabric dye pens. I'm not familiar with any of the characters, but you can probably just have a friend draw the design on the tights while you are wearing it. IF you are looking for a specific color, you are lucky that tights of assorted colors are back in style. I suggest looking in Target. :3

Michi
11-08-2004, 12:40 AM
I thought Cammy just had markings on her legs, not that she was wearing tights with them. That's just how cosplayers usually do it. XD

^^; aeva, LuckInSpades is looking for characters with markings, not asking how to do it. ^_^;;;

LuckInSpades
11-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Michi - you are correct. I am asking for characters. I know how I am going to do the markings.

And really? Well, I figure that tights would just prove for a more convenient re-do option.

Mage
11-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Sophia from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Ivy 3P from Soul Calibur 2
Sun Zhang Xiang from Dynasty Warriors 3
Felicia from Magna Carta: Phantom of Avalanche

LuckInSpades
11-08-2004, 02:53 AM
Thanks! Could you perchance PM me a link to a picture of each? I can't find what I think you are referring to =/ Just the first three, thanks =)

Eleryth
11-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Here's a really tiny page, but the chicks in Kaleidostar always seem to have crazy-colored outfits. http://www.csusm.edu/anime/galleries/K-L/KaleidoStar/ I've never seen the series, though.

There's Ladrinne's stockings/thigh-highs (http://www.hyung-taekim.org/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=1) from Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche and Eonis's stocking (http://www.hyung-taekim.org/displayimage.php?album=18&pos=13) from MC: Crimson Stigmata. Carian (http://www.hyung-taekim.org/displayimage.php?album=18&pos=6) also has tights, but they're not all that exciting.

There's also a bunch of interesting tights on faeries at Nene Thomas' site. http://www.nenethomas.com/

EDIT: Missed that one the first time I read your post. Oops. But there's more than just Red Hearts, isn't there? Lots of checks and the like.

aeva
11-08-2004, 08:37 AM
I thought Cammy just had markings on her legs, not that she was wearing tights with them. That's just how cosplayers usually do it. XD

^^; aeva, LuckInSpades is looking for characters with markings, not asking how to do it. ^_^;;;

Now I feel sheepish. ^^;

janmurphy
11-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Im assuming your going to make these, no? For ebay? The Genius Sage from Tales of Symphonia would be one. Ill keep an eye out for ya. And no, I wont find a pic for thats character. Im not gonna do all the work for ya.

LuckInSpades
11-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Yes, I will be making them. For my website, though.

Well... I had asked the previous person because I searched and I couldn't find any pictures of the tights. So, unless I didn't find a picture of it, that is why I'd ask. I am very capable of searching, thanks. Just when no results appear, I have nothing left to do but ask.

janmurphy
11-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Thats what I figured actually, wasnt trying to come off as mean, just trying to come off as totally lazy. Trying ta be honest you know.

You might want to expand your question to include people with distinctive markings on them (not tights) like tattoos, sure its a tattoo in the anime, but its easier and more cost effective for a cosplayer to use tights. OR nylons (sheer) with dimension fabric paint. Thats the really thick stuff so it would be visable, its hard to paint sheers.
You can also expand into arms because its easy to wear tights on your arms. You dont even have to worry about size! I have a pair of tights that were white, water and blue acryic paint works really well. I made Zelos's arms (from slayers) I added some dark blue spots of pure acrylic so its spotty. I didnt make his costume, these are just to wear around. Scar(Full metal alchemist) would be a good arm too, maybe thatd be a sheer job eh?
Any way the point is, 1. Tights for tattoos! Sheers rock the world! (mattes too)
2.ARMS ARMS ARMS
3 Dont forget your good friend acrylic paint. Ever get it on your pants? Never washed out did it? GOOOOOOD stuff.

So, are you putting up a tutorial? Selling? Can I ask what your technique is?

Tenshi
11-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Terra from FFVI, although it's different depending on which picture you're looking at ^^.

LuckInSpades
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Thats what I figured actually, wasnt trying to come off as mean, just trying to come off as totally lazy. Trying ta be honest you know.

You might want to expand your question to include people with distinctive markings on them (not tights) like tattoos, sure its a tattoo in the anime, but its easier and more cost effective for a cosplayer to use tights. OR nylons (sheer) with dimension fabric paint. Thats the really thick stuff so it would be visable, its hard to paint sheers.
You can also expand into arms because its easy to wear tights on your arms. You dont even have to worry about size! I have a pair of tights that were white, water and blue acryic paint works really well. I made Zelos's arms (from slayers) I added some dark blue spots of pure acrylic so its spotty. I didnt make his costume, these are just to wear around. Scar(Full metal alchemist) would be a good arm too, maybe thatd be a sheer job eh?
Any way the point is, 1. Tights for tattoos! Sheers rock the world! (mattes too)
2.ARMS ARMS ARMS
3 Dont forget your good friend acrylic paint. Ever get it on your pants? Never washed out did it? GOOOOOOD stuff.

So, are you putting up a tutorial? Selling? Can I ask what your technique is?

Alright ^,^;; I just was a bit confused, considering I wasn't exactly asking for pictures in my first post (like some people do "Can anyone give me reference pictures for BLAHBLAH?" which is SO annoying). So glad that's clear ^,^;

Tattoos is a good idea. Thnx! I'll do that. Do you have any recommendations for that?

Paint? Haha, I know acrylic is a royal bizniatch when its somewhere you don't want it. However, at the moment, I was actually working with airbrush paint, which just requires some heat to set it. However, I am going to start testing the permanance of it better (I painted a pair of tights already. I have found that the paint comes off a little with sweat, but they are un-set at the moment). If that doesn't work, Acrylic was my next bet. Thanks ^,~

I am going to try and sell them on my website. I have a little store that I am offering requests from (I don't have the finances at the moment to make backstock when people don't want them), because people just don't randomly donate, it seems.

And, I will use custom-cut stencils and my airbrush system to paint them on. I still have to research tights and shipping costs, though. Its open for request, and I can do the research immediately if someone wants to order, then. =)

tsukinohime3
11-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Ya know, I was hoping to Cosplay as Mimet from Sailor Moon S one day (my bf thinks she's cute and i act like her from time to time...meh) but she's got yellow tights. Could you sell those? I've only seen like one pair EVER and that was in the Halloween section this past Halloween. It'd be really convenient to have those online somewhere... *hint hint* tee hee

[from my understanding, this thread is about characters who wear funky tights and/or have tattoos...if i'm mistaken, gomen nasai ahead of time ^.^;;]

Hikaruchan
11-09-2004, 10:19 PM
For nonanime, Dawn has many different stockings with skull designs. Quite a few of the DragonCon Dawn contestants are on this site, so those would interest some of us.

janmurphy
11-10-2004, 12:03 AM
OHhhh, air brush! *is soooo jelous* I think tattoo ones would have to be on a commision basis anyway because youd have to find out their skin color and match it.
Orochimaru (naruto) is the only tattooed fellow I can think of at the moment.

I always run something throught the washer to make sure its going to survive a con. After all, AFTER the con Ill have to wash it anyway, and it need to be able to survive that.

LuckInSpades
11-10-2004, 02:11 AM
tsukino - PM me, and we can talk =) Seriously. But, I warn you, if you don't start by PMing, I won't persue it.

Jan - Its a great investment. Certainly worth saving up for, or requesting for one's birthday =)

tsukinohime3
11-10-2004, 02:17 PM
tsukino - PM me, and we can talk =) Seriously. But, I warn you, if you don't start by PMing, I won't persue it.

Oh I was just giving a personal example of something I'd like to find. I'm not planning on doing Mimete in the near future. >_<;;

LuckInSpades
11-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Oh, okay. (shucks ^,~) It was worth a shot =)

Mage
11-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Sorry, this is the first time I've checked back at this thread ^^;

Ivy, Third Player from Soul Calibur II:
http://pows.webmonster.de/dcm/images/costume/sc2-scr-ivy-3p.jpg

I've attached pictures of the other two.

LuckInSpades
11-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Ah! Thanks so much =) No need to apologize, either. I was asking the favor of you. Those are really helpful, thnx =)