PDA

View Full Version : Edward (FullMetal Alchemist)

EdtheAlchemist
11-09-2004, 07:00 PM
I am a big fan of FMA, I have seen, almost all the series in japanese (imported) and I wanted to cosplay as Ed at the Con in New Orleans this FEB. ANYways, I was going to dye my black trench coat red, then it would look exactly like Ed's but i don't want to ruin it, so if anyone knows of a site or something I can get it, or any other part of Ed's outfit, I would appricate it very much, thanks in advance :bigtu:

Tia
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Why not buy the material and then make a pattern off your trenchcoat? That was the basic idea for the Alucard trench I worked on, and it turned out pretty good. You might want to use muslin for the pattern instead of paper, though, and pin it on yourself to make sure everything fits well. And make sure it's a little loose everywhere because you need to have liner. The way that Ed wears the cape, not having liner shows really obviously in the hood. We forgot to adjust for the liner enough, and it turned out a little tight across the shoulders. For the print on it, I believe you could either use a pattern and fabric paint (not the puffy stuff, the kind that comes in a little tub that you need to brush on) or make an iron-on for it and then cut out the black part and follow the instructions. I have seen a version where it was hand-stitched on out of fabric, but that is very difficult to do well and you run the risk of ruining a coat you spent a long time working on.