PDA

View Full Version : Naruto cosplay

Shuricanger
11-12-2004, 08:45 AM
Anyone have ideas on how to make the headband, kakashi's vest and their shoes? Thanks

Markedman247
11-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Anyone have ideas on how to make the headband, kakashi's vest and their shoes? Thanks

I can't comment on any of first two items (been working on kakashi mentally and even checked out army surplus stores for something similiar), however...

The shoes (sandals) have slowly grown to be simple.

How simple?

I have seen a pair of women's boots at wal-mart that had all the makings of being a good idea. Also, seen a few other cheap shoes. Granted, I am a guy trying to find a pair of women's boots in a size 13 (the things you do when you want to do something) but they had a soft material that would be easy to sew and cut. I have even seen a pair of wal-mart boots that would have been almost perfect (black when I needed blue) but they had a steel toe.

Even seen a pair of slippers that would have worked but needed more sole (rectified with a glue gun and cheap sandals).

Then, there is the old fashioned way of making them. I know there was an OLD post (circa 2000) that I originally read for insight. Do a google search for Naruto Sandals. Its definately on the first or second page.

Hope this helps.
MM247

ZakuKitty
11-12-2004, 01:57 PM
If you still need help with the sandals, send me a PM and I'll tell you how to make them. It's so very simple.

:bigtu: