PDA

View Full Version : Can some one please tell me what i doing wrong

Medic
12-21-2002, 06:07 PM
The more and more i read people post about anime expo and how fun it is more and more i think about my exp at the expo and how it was not that fun for me but i think it was main my friend falt. See i spent about 98% in the hotel cuz of my friend and i guess that most why i didn't have a good time but when i was out at the expo even then i was not have fun, mostly cuz i could not do any thing but walk around the expo and again it was cuz uf my friend that i took with me. See i hate doing thing by myself and need some one to talk to so i wound not go by myself to do any thing, then on top of all that during the LAX shoot out i was stop twice by the cop cuz of my outfit (even thought there was no gun on my costum) but in spite of all that happen to me at my frist time at the anime expo i thinking of give it another try later in life.

Alaria
12-22-2002, 05:22 AM
ara, Medic, a convention is what you make of it ^__^ expo is filled with seminars, the masquerade and minimasquerade which are great to participate in and to see, a great exhibit hall, karaoke, continuous anime showings, etc. Not to mention hall cosplay! Its lots of fun if u go there with the intention of getting involved and that's easier when ur with peeps also wanting to have fun. So please do give it another try; it would be wonderful to see u there ^__^

Medic
12-22-2002, 12:45 PM
Thank you Miss. Alaria for your reply. Now that i seen how much i missed. Now that i think about it i really missed out on the whole expo, and to think i paid all that money really for nothing. *sigh* but your right Miss. Alaria i should give it another. but now my issue is who do i take most to all my friends hate anime. Even the one friend took hated anime the only way i got him to go was to pay for the whole thing which thank to Miss. Alaria i find was a complete waste of my money

again thank you so much Miss. Alaria maybe one year i'll see you at the expo to thank you in person

Koumori
12-22-2002, 04:02 PM
If your friends will prevent you from seeing anything or doing anything that the expo is set up for.. then don't bring them. Otherwise, you might as well just stay home. You'll meet people there.

Medic
12-22-2002, 06:32 PM
I don't like going on trips by myself, beside my costume will need 2 people if not three (not sure if or when i'll get my I.V. kit ) but no matter

Alaria
12-23-2002, 03:20 AM
*blinks* well, places like cosplay.com are good places to start in making friends that like anime as much as u ^__^ Mebbe u should look for anime clubs in ur area too, and make some friends there. And u can call me Alaria, lol

Medic
12-23-2002, 04:00 AM
anime clubs *sigh* I used to be in one in high school but i could not stand are meets. Watching the mind numing sailor moon moive as i watched the presdent of the club dance around the room like a fariy when ever sailor moon or some other sailor scout would tranceform. Most of the meeting were unproduct, we just sit there and watch a moive that had to fit with the school guide lines ( oh that limited the list way down ) and beside the the only anime lover in this town like the gudum and dragonball z ( those to show drive me up the dam wall) there really isn't anyone in my town that like anime (well beside those priverts that watch hentai and really i think that is a little off the corse of where i try to head) but thank for the heads up Mis..s uh I mean thank you Alaria

Mink
12-23-2002, 04:11 AM
OMG THAT IS THE STORY OF MY FIRST EXPERIANCE AT AX! You, Medic are so not alone. I too brought a "friend" who, before we were even done registering, was "sick" ( she usualy conviently is "sick" when she dosent want to do something, or she is just a hypochondriac you know?) anyway, we got to go to the dealers hall (finally) and then the cosplay area. By that time I was just sick of it. I called my dad (who I had called earlier that day when it had first started and he told me kindly to "ditch her" and have some fun since I had been waiting OVER A YEAR to go to one) and told him that I was leaving even before the mascarade. By that time I wasnt upset, I had learned a valuable lesson: Choose your cosplay buddys wisely. And I have since gone to 2 cons with a different group of friends (we call ourselves fro:fricken rediculous otakus) and have a great time. So dont give up on cons. And dont go just because you dont have friends nessisarily. Make some friends on these boards (belive me its easy!) and you will have plenty of people to hang out with!

Medic
12-23-2002, 05:04 AM
Sorry to hear you were in the same boat as i was Mink, to bad I coundn't ditch my friend ( he is the one that drove me there) so if he wounld have gotten mad at me he could have just left me there in longbeach but anyway i getting off the point. I like to thank you Mr. Miss. Mink (sorry not sure if you are a guy or girl *leans more towards girl.) and unfortanty we both had to learn this lesson the hard way.

I say a little more on the subjuct but i need to get up a six in the morring and just looking at the time im think to day is going to be ugly and again i like to thank everyone that wrote to me good night everyone

katrinastrife
12-23-2002, 07:43 AM
My first con was with a group of X_X (no offense to those of you out there) star wars/comic (not manga =() geeks... sorta. Well, they were cool, but they had absolutely no interest in anime whatsoever... which was OK, I guess, because it was megacon (scifi, comics, etc).... But, yeah. I went again the next year, and ran into a bunch of anime/cosplay peoples! ^^;; Just remember, if the people you go with are being mopey, you can let them have peace and quiet, and meet other people--us anime/cosplay people are a very talkative and happy bunch! v^_^;

*pokes Mink's sig* Yatta, Yatta, Yatta! (happatai are great, ne! ^^;;)

Chosuke
12-23-2002, 11:12 AM
I guess I had a similar experience.
Me and my friend just hadn't planned ahead well enough to have a fun time there.
We didn't bring any money,so dealers room was just depressing.
We didn't know where anything was,so we missed almost everything.
We were too shy to ask for pictures and missed all the great canadian cosplayer..x_x;

I think we only stayed there for a few hours. e.e;

Medic
12-23-2002, 02:35 PM
First of i like to say im sorry to Miss. Mink for thinking that she was a guy, " I am sorry Miss. Mink" I was way to sleepy last night and forgot to check your profile. Before i responed to the late to post i like to get alittle of track about the subjuct. I have notice that the only people that have responed to this thread are Females which is cool, im just wonder why no guys have responed and another thing if people are wonder why i respond to every other post on this thread, well i like people to know that i have read their post and i am thankful for there input no matter what, but anyway i need to get back on the pont. Miss. Katrinastrife (hope i spelled her name right) Thank you, alot of people have been telling me that most if not the people at the expo or other anime event's are talkative and nice people I guess i had i differnt pic of what people were like at the expo. I thought they woulf be stuck up little jerks. (please don't take this the wrong way this was an image that was put into my head way before i went to the expo the people in the anime club i was in were like that so i thought everyone was like that) im sorry Chobrat will respond to your post next time i running out of room i really sorry i counldn't get to you on this post
i

videogirlc
12-24-2002, 01:25 AM
I went to AX this year for the first time and had a blast. Theres so much to do it's not even funny. If I were you I'd go by myself and have a good time. My first convention I didn't know anybody who liked anime and so instead of bringing someone who would be bored I went by myself. I kind of liked it because I did what I wanted with no one slowing me down or that they didn't want to go to a specific panel. The more conventions I attended the more people I met. Now I'm usually with friends at cons, which I think is more fun.

SohjiroX
12-24-2002, 01:35 PM
If you ever want to have fun and hang out just ask, I mean you sound like your a cool guy, I used to think the same to, dont want to go if I am alone all the time, and hey I am doing some RE stuff with friends, if you want to, join us, sounds like you have a soiler outfit so you could join our gathering if you want.

Medic
12-24-2002, 01:55 PM
Go by myself huh, that for me would be a bad idle, see without human contacted for just a little while would drive me up the wall id have to be one of the most soc people around but at the same time one of the shys as well. I really don't talk to people untill they talk to me frist (i wish i could get over it) i guess that really sound dumb but what can i say i am a dumb person. Anyway i like to thank you Miss. videogirlc for reply to my thread. Chobrat to reply to your post I am sad to hear that had happen to you at your first expo it almost sound worst than what i went thought at my first time at an expo. Miss Chobrat i also like to thank you for shareing your story with me it helped alot to figer out what i going to do about going to another expo. Thank you all for great vice on what to do if i go back to another expo and all your story about your first time at an expo and i wish you all well at your next expo

A Thankful Friend
Medic

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-23-2002 04:43 AM

Medic
12-24-2002, 02:22 PM
A "cool guy" wow that the first time anyone ever called me that before most of the people call a luitic or mently unstable but a cool guy man that is an boost for me. Thank you SohjiroX and thank you for your offer but i never head of resident evil before. Beside my outfit need to people unless you want to help me carry a military stracher with a 17-40 pound doll on it all day ( i not try to sound me it just this is one of 95 requierment to my next costum) but if your still willing that would be great and i would really apperiate any help i could get, J/k about resident evil i know what it is in fact i belive the games are a lot better then the movie anyway what ver of Resident evil are you going as if you dont my me asking. And yes i have military ift. In fact the Avatar pic is my last costme i wore but really it dose not come close to any thing show on any of the Resident evil games or even the movie... anyway i like to hear back from you

SohjiroX
12-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Well the outfit doesn't have to look to far into it we just have to add a S.T.A.R.S. symbol on it and its done. I have about three idea's with another friend in here but I am looking for way more people to have fun with for this, I am bringing rep. weapons and checking them with the AX staff so they know no matter what there safe, so its ok if you have very little outfits, look me up on AIM or vea hotmail, in anycase hope to hear from you. Late

Medic
12-24-2002, 02:42 PM
were would i get a S.T.A.R.S symbol but in anycase i think look more like an unberll work, Second of all you never told me what you though to of the military stracher i try to get you on Aim but you were not there. Weapons humm what kind of rep are allowed i know no live steel or any working weapons are allow like crossbows or stund guns. well hope to hear from you soon

Koumori
12-24-2002, 08:04 PM
I should mention that if you're planning to carry a stretcher around all day, you might want to re-think doing that as a hall costume - it has the potential for *really* getting in people's way in the halls and disrupting the traffic flow. You might consider using the stretcher for a stage performance instead.

Medic
12-24-2002, 08:58 PM
oh ok well thank for the heads up is iv really never was in side the convicion center beside for opening cermone so i really dont no any thing about space in side any of the building and how crowed it could get so thank you again Miss. Koumori. humm but im not an actor so something like the Masquerade or the mini-masquerade oh well back to the drawing board

SleepingKirby
01-10-2003, 02:07 PM
Well, for me, the last AX was a blast. I went with a friend who promised to meet up with some other friends. After staying with them for about half an hour, I could see where it was heading so I took off on my own. I had a blast!!! My friend that I went with wished he hadn't missed all the stuff I saw. (FLCL SHOT GLASS!!! GO ANIME GAMERS!!!) For me, conventions are about seeing new and/or upcoming anime/manga. Meeting people, seeing new thinks and experiences, looking for new stuff to buy :p and a chance to see/meet/talk to your fave anime artists/animators/voice actor/etc. (Tsukasa Hojo!!!! XD ) Going with a friend can be fun, but don't be afraid to go alone sometimes. And if you see a pink powder puff run by at high speed, say hi, okay? :D

maikaeirn
01-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Hmm, i had the same thing happen to me at my very first con.

What i suggest is that you make the best of it. Even if you're alone, that doens't mean you'll be alone for long. You're guaranteed to make friends whether you like it or not. People will start to talk to you about random subjects, then BAM! You've got yourself a friend. Then that friends will introduce you to others and so and so fourth.

In addition, there's ton's of things that you can do at a con! There are sooooo many things going on at once you'll have a hard time choosing what you would want to do.

You go and I PROMISE! You'll have a blast.

And if you don't have anyone to hang with. Come with me and mai So Cal peeps. We'll show you how's it's done here down in Southern Cali! Bout it bout it...
... merf.... that small urban moment was a result of hanging out with my friend Crash. The blackest white person you'll ever meet.

AIM: Maikaerin.

Medic
01-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Thank you for all your story and a vice, I guess i never got to experse what the expo had to offer but this sadden me more cuz now it look like in might not be able go. As i speak my securty clears is going thought for my new job and if I dont start be the end of next mouth I wont have any V.T. This is a real bummer to say the lest cuz all of you have showen me how much fun i could have at the expo. Oh well i guess that is life right?