PDA

View Full Version : Batman Villains

dylan no tama
11-14-2004, 05:45 PM
has anybody cosplayed a batman villain? or is anybody planning to?
im currently planning the madhatter. hopefully i'll get that, and a few other costumes done intime for i-con.

JustinCredible
11-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Madhatter is a great costume...

I'm really looking forward to seeing the end results!

reannaremick
11-14-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm planning on doing Poison Ivy this year. I'd love to do Harley Quinn someday too, but Poison Ivy is faaaaaaar easier. Though I am contemplating doing green-skinned Poison Ivy in the "leaf bikini" rahter than her old school outfit and normal skintone. We'll see what happens in the meantime.

Eleryth
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Catwoman is one of my dream costumes.... but it'll be years before I can get around to making the costume. :(

Dr.Noe
11-15-2004, 12:58 AM
I've done Joker. But I want to touch it up a bit before I put any pix up.

Mich
11-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Yep,Catwoman too....she's puuurrrffeeect!

Eleryth
11-15-2004, 08:52 AM
Mich, your Catwoman is AWESOME. I know I will hunt you down for tips when I eventually (like, years from now!) get around to making mine.

Did you make all of it yourself? It looks fab. And you have great cheekbones, too! Rwar! ;)

Mich
11-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Mich, your Catwoman is AWESOME. I know I will hunt you down for tips when I eventually (like, years from now!) get around to making mine.

Did you make all of it yourself? It looks fab. And you have great cheekbones, too! Rwar! ;)

Ohhh thnk you for the compliment.....
Well if I can help at all...
Basically,I bought a cheap low necked catsuit off eBay( a leg avenue one I think it was),to which I added a higher neck....
I then took the side seams in too,as it didn't fit quite right.
Next I sewed all the white stitching on.
I then attempted to make the hood,which was a bit of a nightmare as I hadn't done anything like that before, and at first it looked like a black bin bag on my head...so I kept cutting bits off until it eventually looked like a hood...The ears were difficult to do,but finally I think i got them quite close..
Then I sewed some of those kiddies plastic witch fingernails onto a pair of pvc gloves...and voila....LOL!

mysticalchali
11-15-2004, 12:47 PM
When I cosplayed as Dawn (from Cry For Dawn), everyone thought I was Poison Ivy!!! GRRRRR...

Dr.Noe
11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Yeah, that happens. I knew who you were. Actually, in '03, Morgan from XPlay called me the Riddler when I was dressed and the Clown Prince. I feel your pain.

WilwarinAndamar
11-16-2004, 02:38 PM
I've always wanted to do Poison Ivy. Even when I was in elementary school (I think it has something to do with being a red-head with a love of plants ^_^). It'll be a while before I actually make the costume, though.

Lucifer
11-16-2004, 06:45 PM
I actually just put down Two-Face as a future costume for this year. Ironically my boyfriend loves the Riddler, and wants to cosplay him.

Drackt
06-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Right now, I'm considering doing Scarecrow from the new movie-
http://www.cillian-murphy.com/images/scarecrow4.jpg
And mainly the man behind the mask, Jonathan Crane-
http://www.cillian-murphy.com/images/bb-jcrane1.jpg
It kinda would be easy, since I'd already use my glasses and wouldn't have to do anything to make my lips too masculine. (That's probably my biggest problem when crossplaying-my lips look too feminine) However, I'm thinking it's because I'm attracted to hot guys that are psychotic...
http://www.cillian-murphy.com/images/batman-jcrane3.jpg

NOW, I can't decide if I'd do this for Halloween instead of the Corpse Bride, which I was initially planning...

Fyremistress
06-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I usually do my own original version of Poison Ivy at Dragon con.
my boyfriend played two face last year and will again if he goes this year.
my best friend is a perfect harley quin!
and our friend steve pulls of a great riddler
pictures in my gallery

and we have a fab joker up in atlanta. Batman villians are always a blast- especially for the kids :).

and yeah poison ivy and dawn get confused soo much. I did pole dancer dawn one year and all the kids were like- its poison ivy!

Rel
06-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm making a slightly altered version of Harley Quinn at the moment :)

Sakara
06-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Ive made three versions of Catwoman, the purple comic, grey cartoon and batman returns movie. Ive also done the movie poison Ivy.
Id like to do Huntress aswell some day.

Mich
06-12-2005, 02:43 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeee,yep,both Rel,Sakara, and myself are all going to be in the same Batman group at a convention in two weeks time....
I am going to be 'Sugar' from Batman Forever, and my Hubby is going as 'Two Face' from the film..( pics in gallery).We are hoping to see Val Kilmer there too....

gogoedward
06-12-2005, 11:07 PM
I've drawn out a fantasy costume of doing the new Mr.Freeze, hi new design from The Batman is amazing but in order to do it I'd need skills with plastic and such.....skils I don't have. (le sigh)

I would tyr to new Maraly Manson inspired Riddler from The Batman but spandex is a problem..... however Deadshot I would so do! The new deadshot wears mainly normal clothes except for the mask, so it'd be a little easier to do (If I ever finish the three costumes I'm doing now....and have been working on for a long time.....darn it all)

sarabug
06-16-2005, 03:00 PM
i made harley quinn for a friend for dragoncon last year:
harley (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=62309)

a group of us are doing characters from Hush this year to go with her, i'll be doing poison ivy, and i think we'll have Hush, scarecrow, and huntress...possibly two face....

MrRetsej
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Two-Face. That's my main costume, though I do need to remake the suit (the one in the pic is too big/was too big at the time that was taken) and improve upon the makeup. Also need to finally shell out the cash for the contact lens I've been drooling over for the last two years.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=275044

Someday I'd love to make Joker, Scarecrow and Black Mask costumes, though those are all in the "someday once Two-Face is PERFECT!" bin.

Morgan

retroggirl
06-17-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm considering poison ivy (she seems very popular) for this year's cn anime in toronto...also, Spice (one of two-face's girls) from the third batman movie is awesome, but very detailed. She might appear next year. Villains are always the best to play!

gogoedward
06-17-2005, 11:29 PM
I found a badguy that I could do! I just saw Batman Begins and Scarecrow totally freaked me out, and I really loved the design. So add that one to the list (besides all I'd need is like a suit and a potato sack that's been remade into the mask! talk about easy........)

JiggyJigen
06-21-2005, 12:13 PM
I've already got the "Batman V: Begins" version of Scarecrow underway, as you can see by the teaser pic in my gallery ^^. If you read the description, you'll know why there's a teaser lol. Yeah, i've been on the hunt fer a baddie i could pull off fer a while now...so i was glad to see someone I don't have to 1. get a wig for, 2. go blind without my glasses for. 3. get funky colored contacts 4. act like a dufus for. ^^ what more can a man ask for? NO SPANDEX!! mwahahaha...oO

BionicSlime
06-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Exactly where is this Batman bad guy cosplay starting at? Because I'd love to try and do it sometime, but it depends if I can make it. I live in IL and I don't really have the cash to go anywhere really far. The only Batman bad guy outfit I was ever considering doing was the new Joker from "The Batman show".

He looks like this:

http://wf.toonzone.net/WF/thebatman/bios/joker/00.gif

Lucifer
06-22-2005, 08:44 AM
I actually threw together a Dr. Crane outfit (Batman Begins), complete with a mask. Later this year some friends and I are doing Arkham madness cosplay, namely all Batman villains (so far we have Ivy, Harley, Riddler, Scarecrow, possible Two face). At that point I'll do the full Scarecrow outfit from the end of the film.

LakStLucian
06-23-2005, 04:17 PM
I'd love to see more comic book themed cosplay. This year, for Otakon, my girlfriend and I are thinking of doing an Elseworld (for those of you that don't read comics, "Elseworlds" was a DC Comics line of "What If?" comics, placing established characters in different situations) variant of Batman we like to call "Gothic Knights" ... it would basically consist of the characters in gothic punk attire. And considering Batman is already pretty dark, it shouldn't be that hard to pull off. And she may be doing a goth/punk version of Poison Ivy.

But it'll only happen if we can get the designs worked out in time.

A couple of years ago, I did "Goth Superman" and it went over extremely well, so I'm hoping this one'll go over just as good.

Lady Saya
07-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I really wanna crossplay as Scarecrow. But then again, my friend would probably chase me down with a shovel or some kind of object to inflict pain upon me since she hates him sooooo much!! ;_;

Maybe I'll even cosplay as Poison Ivy. But I rather do Scarecrow. ^_^

JiggyJigen
08-04-2005, 03:02 AM
In the land of jiggyjigen and batman villians, there is a huge development! for dracon con this year, i've spent weeks battling myself over which costumes to wear. i knew i had to brign draco, just cuz i AM draco lol. then i hooked up with some people fer a charlie and the chocolate factory shoot, so mike teavee had to go. then im like "well, its a comic con, so dr. crane is gunna go", the i thought, i dun really wanna bring any of my other costumes...maybe i'll do a new one...then it hit me.

JOKER. a custom design. i have a REAL straight jacket on order, dyed black, that i should be getting tonite. acrylic body paint so it doesnt rub off. the barefooted/partially gloved-ness from The Batman, cuz i like not really wearing shoes. And a whole buncha other madness, i can see me now: all quiet, and head down, to myself, people walk by and i flash them a creepy smile and a laugh. oh yeah, i can be creepy insane. i do those both well. lol. the first pics ill most likely post will be the straight jacket when it gets here. i wanna put ARKHAM on the back with one of his numbers. (have to dig those out of the "mistah j" file on my pc.

i also have a request for help. for scarecrow, i have the material, but im not really a sewing/pattern making kinda person. i was thinking of scrapping the material for the mask, then piecing it together in a type of circular design, with the tie around the neck. any suggestions? (crossposted over to the batman begins post)

JiggyJigen
08-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok so the first draft of Scarecrow's mask is up in the gallery. Note: the only thing left to do is add extra decorative stitching, and "dirty up" the noose. (walked in on mom while she was waking up and scared her to death, lol) {crossposted to batman begins thread}

Shinya-chan
08-13-2005, 10:13 PM
I would LOVE to do Poison Ivy and Cat Woman (more specifically, Tim Burton's "Batman Returns" version). I don't know when I'll ever get around to them, though. xD

Kairi G
08-16-2005, 03:10 PM
hailo and I are contemplating doing Batman villains sometime next year. I want to do a Poison Ivy costume, and I probably will do one of the Uma Thurman costumes, even tho that movie totally sucks. mostly cuz she is totally hot as Poison Ivy :P Hailo was going to be Catwoman from the original TV Series. And my bf might be Penguin :P

Lady Saya
08-17-2005, 10:42 AM
^^ Hee hee. I loved Uma's Poison Ivy but the movie blows. XD

ashleyohtori
08-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I really want to do Harley Quinn also! Poision Ivy just shows a little too much skin.

Ashley

reannaremick
08-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I just bought the wigs today for my friend and I to do Dee Dee from the Batman Beyond movie Return of the Joker. I love Harley Quinn, but we're having a twins theme for next years Dragon Con (currently 5 pairs of twins planned) so I had to go for Dee Dee. No real progress atm other than purchasing the wigs and that I already have the perfect boots. Pics to come of the wig and a make up test once the gallery isn't messed up anymore. :/

zoinomiko
08-24-2005, 07:47 PM
I want to crossplay Anarky. In his big flowy cape outfit, before they gave him a makeover to look less like V.

sarabug, your Booster Gold costume is probably the greatest thing I've seen in my whole life.

sarabug
08-24-2005, 09:51 PM
oh wow....geez..thanks! that's quite a compliment!

TsubasaNoKami
08-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Dylan... HAH! It's me, Heather. Hey, whatsup..? When did you post this? Anyhow, yeah, Ian wants me to do Poison Ivy for I-con, so I'm actually on here looking up references.. I wanna really get into character. It'll be fun. ^_^ WHOO! Ian's going as Scarecrow, you know. Laura's going as Penguin.. HAH!! Too good... and as for anyone else, no clue. But yeah! Umm... >.> I'll join your campaigns sooner or later.

batnemo
09-13-2005, 01:57 PM
shade for me cause i live in France...
cause i could have been very interested in making a group
cause i'm doing the batman begins suit, as you can see...and i become more and more proud of it... even if i have still some work to do...

Mariks_Dragon
09-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I am going to cosplay as Poison Ivy for next years Comic Con. I am doing her party out fit from Batman and Robin.

MrRetsej
09-25-2005, 03:29 AM
Looks like Halloween's costume this year is going to be Black Mask ala the torture of Stephanie Brown (aka Spoiler aka bat-sidekick #7). Should be a relatively simple costume. Dress shirt, slacks, tie, blood spattered latex examination gloves, a cordless power drill and the foam latex skull appliance.

Maybe the hack saw too.

Morgan

Satine
10-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I just finished my Batman Returns Catwoman:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=56602&member=2986
http://anime.asgard.gen.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=13
I made everything you see except the whip. So that's the cowl, catsuit, corset, gloves, claws and boot covers;)

This year at Armageddon we had three Batman villians; myself, a Poison Ivy and a Joker. We also had a Batman.

dkbatman06
10-25-2006, 08:25 PM
I just want to say- I love you all. <3

I'm a huge Batman fan. It's nice to know more people are cosplaying characters from the Batman universe. :D

Also, if you wanna see the Batman costume I'm "working" on, I've got pics in my gallery.

stardust747
10-25-2006, 11:18 PM
I've been trying to get a catwoman costume wearable for quite some time now...have come to quite a struggle in making the mask tho!
Also love Uma Thurman's version of poison ivy...looking forward to doing the makeup for that one at some far into the future date.