PDA

View Full Version : Psycho le Cemu to play at AOD 2005

Musashi Killer
11-17-2004, 12:49 AM
http://www.animeod.com/2005/news.mv?f=14

Who is else is excited about this awesome news?! I missed them the first time they came, so I can't wait until AOD now. *Starts planning PLC group cosplays*

Jubei-chan
11-17-2004, 02:23 AM
Well I am for sure excited about the news! Videl-chan and I have had PLC cosplay plans for AX05, but they got bumped up for AOD! Can't wait to see what everyones plans are!

positivespace
11-17-2004, 03:04 AM
It's gonna be freakin' FANTASTIC. =D

lemoned
11-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Nyarf. I was gonna give up plc costumes.. but.. well.. SH*T. I HAVE to cosplay PlC for PlC. XDDD

I'm looking forward to it. ^__^;

Eurobeat King
11-17-2004, 02:43 PM
That's great news for San Francisco & BayArea anime-convention fans!! I saw them perform at A-kon 2004 and they rocked! (I especially loved their silly "search for the Dragonballs" skit where they lyp-synched to lines in English. ;) But that's cool that they'll be appearing for AnimeOD 2005. (Amazing how AOD 2004 got the Japanese VA for Anthy Himemaya/Li Kouran) and in 2005 they're getting a popular J-rock band (who cosplay!!) I hope the Holiday Inn doesn't get toooo crowded for AOD (if they are peforming inside the hotel.) :thumbsup: But I can't wait for the new year and AOD to arrive! :bigtu:

quadrophenia
11-17-2004, 04:12 PM
I have to get to the other side of this country. That is all I can say, really :)

the only vash
11-17-2004, 05:03 PM
you guys in SF are very lucky to be able to see them.

Musashi Killer
11-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok, one of the other two tour stops has been confirmed to be Megacon (Feb. 25-27), in Orlando, Florida. http://www.megaconvention.com/

The other one is rumoured to be Katsucon (Feb. 18-20), in Arlington, Virginia. http://www.katsucon.com/

Eurobeat King
11-17-2004, 06:48 PM
I can understand PLC appearing at Katsucon, but Megacon sounds a little out-of-place for them to perform. :thumbsup: That's more a sci-fi/comic-con (similar to SDCC) and I wonder if bringing a J-rock band to that con will get a lot of good publicity.. We'll see. ;)

lemoned
11-17-2004, 06:55 PM
I can think of two words that would justify PlC going to Florida.

Disney World

That, and because Nikorasu is a professional from Florida.

omi-kun
11-17-2004, 07:12 PM
So Exciting!!

Yui
11-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Um, well yerah, I guess this will be my west coast con for 2005. ^_^;

Pikacello
11-18-2004, 12:07 PM
I can't believe that they got them! It's so amazing.

Kenjiro
11-18-2004, 07:33 PM
I can't believe that they got them! It's so amazing.

You act like their hard to get.

jinnai
11-19-2004, 12:41 AM
for any con to get any japanese band in the first place is AMAZING. Imagine how much it COSTS to bring them here, including their stage crew and whatever roadies need to be there (Round Trip airfare per person, hotel room per 4 people).Plus, shipping their equipment (more money), Food expenses (MORE MORE MONEY) And on top of that, they get PAID (MORE MORE MORE MONEY!). Plus you need to acquire translators(i think you get the idea). ^^;;

To get any Japanese band to perform in America is not a walk in the park for any convention's budget.

oh well, however you see it......my 2 cents. :bows to AOD:

positivespace
11-19-2004, 12:33 PM
for any con to get any japanese band in the first place is AMAZING. Imagine how much is COSTS to bring them here, including their stage crew and whatever roadies need to be there (Round Trip airfare per person, hotel room per 4 people).Plus, shipping their equipment (more money), Food expenses (MORE MORE MONEY) And on top of that, they get PAID (MORE MORE MORE MONEY!). Plus you need to acquire translators(i think you get the idea). ^^;;

To get any Japanese band to perform in America is not a walk in the park for any convention's budget.

I agree, organizing the logistics alone for all their guests (both international and domestic) could be considered a full-time job. And, considering that this will be AOD's second year, it IS pretty amazing. =)

l8stST8Rf1ght3R
11-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I agree, organizing the logistics alone for all their guests (both international and domestic) could be considered a full-time job. And, considering that this will be AOD's second year, it IS pretty amazing. =)

Daishi has a really good voice.

Are there lost plans to cosplay one of his costumes and karaoke his songs?

KamisButterfly
11-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Wow when i found out i got really excited. I saw PLC at PMX and they were great. I really want to go but its in SF and i live right next to Anaheim. I can't drive because of my health problems but i am gonna get there somehow. AOD or bust!!!!!!!!!

jetspectacular
11-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Ok, this ups the chance that I'll be going to AOD then, since one of my best friends is a complete PLC nut, He's going to beg access to this show, and I'd love to see them too XD

IceAlchemist
11-23-2004, 08:50 AM
yay haha im flying xp but i need a ride from oakland to san fran...we might end up taking taxis...i cant wait to wear my ai no uta yura sama!!!<333

Jubei-chan
11-23-2004, 04:22 PM
yay haha im flying xp but i need a ride from oakland to san fran...we might end up taking taxis...i cant wait to wear my ai no uta yura sama!!!<333
The best thing to do, which I'll end up doing as well, is to sched a shuttle to take you to the hotel. Its cheaper than a taxi, becuase they charge x$ per head in the shuttle. I believe you can make those arangments with the help of the hotel or the airline you're flying on. ^_-

Yana_Neko
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
The best thing to do, which I'll end up doing as well, is to sched a shuttle to take you to the hotel. Its cheaper than a taxi, becuase they charge x$ per head in the shuttle. I believe you can make those arangments with the help of the hotel or the airline you're flying on. ^_-

Do you know how much the shuttle would cost, Jubei? I was going to ask my cousin for a lift but I am not sure if she'll be able to quite yet, so I want to have a back up plan ^_^

I reserved my hotel and was a little shocked at the fact that they took a 1 night deposit. This has never been asked of me before. The hotel was a little pricey, but I suppose it is expected of the area. The student reg was awesome though *thumbs up*

Anime OD should be crazy fun!

Videl-chan
11-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Ack! I haven't checked these forums, but yes, I am happy for them coming back to the U.S. it would be about a year at the beginning of March that I heard of PLC (thanks Yu-chan!). Can't wait for them! Hopefully school and other obligations wont get in the way! ;o;

Aya Mizu
11-29-2004, 02:09 AM
Wow, I am TOTALLY looking forward to seeing them again after watching both shows at PMX this past year. I haven't had a such an entertaining concert like that in ages :D

Kenjiro
11-30-2004, 06:49 PM
for any con to get any japanese band in the first place is AMAZING. Imagine how much it COSTS to bring them here, including their stage crew and whatever roadies need to be there (Round Trip airfare per person, hotel room per 4 people).Plus, shipping their equipment (more money), Food expenses (MORE MORE MONEY) And on top of that, they get PAID (MORE MORE MORE MONEY!). Plus you need to acquire translators(i think you get the idea). ^^;;

You do realize that AnimeO is run like a npo, right? All conventions are. With that said, you do also realize that technically conventions themselves dont pay a cent. Its the sponsorships and shareholders that do.

In this case, I think its Jpophouse that pays for mostly everything. On top of that, PLC themselves lose money to these things, as the only real revenue that comes in is the money that goes into Jpophouse for the cds they sell. And on top of that, there was once a point in time where Jpophouse actually sold most cds through piracy, and to add insult to injury, jacked up the price as if they were legit cd's.

Its all crooked, but since the lawsuit last year, things have cleaned up a bit.

Kenjiro
11-30-2004, 07:01 PM
Oh, one more note. Artists very rarely ship their own equipment. Usually, the equipment is supplied through a spondership. It doesnt make sense on any level for a band to request their own gear, unless its their personal ax, or mic. Other than that, things are supplied by the venue itself.

ZiggyB
11-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Kenjiro: Why exactly are you bringing this up? Please stay on topic, which is PLC performing at AnimeOverdose.

Your first post in this thread was very confrontational and every post after that has been more of the same.

Please stop it, take this as your official warning.

Scortia
12-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Argh, I wish I was moving to San Fransisco in time for Anime Overdose this year. *cries*

Saikolady
12-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Haha I know you *stalkstalk*

I have to say that my friends and I are crazy. We're driving from Canada to Texas then to California lol It's like a 3 day trip XD It's insane, but worth it for sure :'D Damn PLC needs to come back to A-Kon .-.

Scortia
12-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Three days driving from Canada to Texas to California? Maybe if you're going light speed... ^_^

Hehehe, am I being *stalkstalk*ed? :P

Saikolady
12-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Three days driving from Canada to Texas to California? Maybe if you're going light speed... ^_^

Hehehe, am I being *stalkstalk*ed? :P

Well it's going to be 3 days or less total. My boyfriend is driving from Canada to Texas to pick up my friend and I then we're all heading to California. It's less than a day drive from Canada to Texas (about 21 hours) and a little bit further to get to AOD (about 25 hours) so it's really like two days with a break in the middle.

And the stalking was aimed at the guy who created the thread. I can stalk you too if you want though XD

Scortia
12-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Ahhhh, wow, that's some dedicated driving.. I was considering 12 hours as a day of driving. :P

laceyluvr2
12-12-2004, 02:19 PM
oo stalk me, stalk me! just kidding. I live in Marin County, I'm only 15 mins away from AOD! *points and laughs* but u see, I wont be able to go to anything outside of my area for a long time. i have no money, and my parents will in no way pay for me. they think anime is the most stupid thing in the whole world.

Saikolady
12-15-2004, 12:22 AM
oo stalk me, stalk me! just kidding. I live in Marin County, I'm only 15 mins away from AOD! *points and laughs* but u see, I wont be able to go to anything outside of my area for a long time. i have no money, and my parents will in no way pay for me. they think anime is the most stupid thing in the whole world.

*stalk* XD I'm glad I'm old enough and I don't really live wiht my parents anymore heheh. Not that they would say no anyway..

Yui
12-20-2004, 10:53 PM
The PLC glowstick project is a go as fan-organized event #1!

Overdose's color is red!

For more details, see the PLC lj comm:
http://www.livejournal.com/community/psycholecemu/218395.html

Synchronous BMF
01-12-2005, 04:21 PM
You do realize that AnimeO is run like a npo, right? All conventions are. With that said, you do also realize that technically conventions themselves dont pay a cent. Its the sponsorships and shareholders that do.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. AnimeOD is managed by Synchronous Entertainment, which is not an NPO. It is an LLC. LLCs are actual corporations. We do not have "shareholders", we have investors. So far our only investor has been our founder (although the rest of us have invested a lot of time, effort, and resources). And the investor does not spend money on the con, the investor invests in the Corporation, which then decides how to spend the money.

I am sorry that my first post must sound so aggressive, but this person does not know what he is talking about. As someone else said, what is important is that PLC is coming to the con.

Shibura Tsubasa
01-13-2005, 12:13 AM
I feel like a loser... I had never heard about PLC until mentioned they were going to be at AOD, and seeing Duel Jewel at fanime, I LITERALLY RAN to my computer to mass download songs from PLC(since I have had good experiences with Jrock bands I hadnt heard of) and now I have no regrets, Im a new fan who is glad to see PLC at AOD ::swoons::

Saikolady
01-16-2005, 04:14 PM
I feel like a loser... I had never heard about PLC until mentioned they were going to be at AOD, and seeing Duel Jewel at fanime, I LITERALLY RAN to my computer to mass download songs from PLC(since I have had good experiences with Jrock bands I hadnt heard of) and now I have no regrets, Im a new fan who is glad to see PLC at AOD ::swoons::

Yay! New fans are so awesome *glomp* ^_^~ So do you have a favourite song yet? Or a favourite band member? Or favourite group outfit? lol I'm so lame :'D

lemoned
01-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Yay! New fans are so awesome *glomp*

What's wrong with old fans? x____X

tasu
01-16-2005, 04:25 PM
What's wrong with old fans? x____X

Old fans kick mega-arse. X3 There's too many youngin' running around. *throws cane*

Saikolady
01-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Old fans kick mega-arse. X3 There's too many youngin' running around. *throws cane*

That's for sure, but then again, ANY plc fans are awesome XD

sync-ent
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM

You can actually get their stuff at Kinokuniya. There's one in SF Japantown and one in San Jose at Moorpark and Saratoga Ave next to Mitsuwa.

Prices are a bit high, but it's cool having teh official CDs.

Jubei-chan
02-04-2005, 03:07 AM
Now that the Live Programming Sched is up ... does any one have suggestions when and where we should meet up for a cosplay gathering?

Eurobeat King
02-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Does anyone know if the autograph & photograph session on Sunday will be like they've done before last year at PMX & A-kon? Fans line up, the band goes behind a screen, and then they sign autographs and pose for pictures, but ONLY for a polaroid camera that they charge $5 for? I missed my chance to do that at A-kon but since they're having it again at AOD2005 I want to try getting my picture taken with them this time. ;)

positivespace
02-06-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm pretty sure it will be the same set-up as last year. You can buy a photo pass at JPopHouse's site.

Eurobeat King
02-06-2005, 12:01 PM
PS: Thanks for the info! :) I hope I have time to see their concerts on either day.. See you next month!