PDA

View Full Version : To be featured... Iron Trashcan Cosplay!!

LuckInSpades
11-17-2004, 01:24 AM
That's right, kiddos. Its like Iron Cosplay, except with an extra puntastic word in the middle! And I will be the eccentric host, Chairwoman Miko!

The event will be tournament style, the earlier strings being held in the morning on the set day (to be determined), and then the final head-to-head competition in the evening! All will be held live in front of the audience, with active commentary by the judges and by myself.

We will be looking for contestants and judges in the near future. There will be an application process for both sections. However, this won't be for at least another month, as we have to finalize everything having to do with the event.

So, any suggestions about what may go on? Secret Ingredients? Blah? Just discuss!

Matsuki
11-19-2004, 11:26 PM
sounds interesting.. ^_^';;; the thing is.. i don't really understand what its about. Are you supposed to design-draw out beautiful costumes in a limited time? or is some sort of "who makes the best costume" kind of thing... sorry, i read the discription on the AOD website, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Could you clearify what this contest is all about ...please? =]

thanks.

LuckInSpades
11-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Well, all the details aren't finalized yet.

But basically, it will be like the show Iron Chef. We'll have an assortment of items possibly including fabric, ribbon, yarn, trashbags, soda bottles, staplers, bubble wrap, etc. Then, teams of two have to make a cosplay outfit in 30 minutes.

It will be held tournament-style, with teams competing head to head until only two teams remain, which will be an hour-long event, actually!

There will be judges, active announcing and commentary, and cosplay madness. Also, we'll have either a theme item (something that has to be predominantly used in the costume), or a theme genre (ie. magical girl, mecha, anthro, etc.). More information will be up on the site when it gets finalized, including applications for contestants, who the judges will be, rules, etc. ^,^

jetspectacular
11-22-2004, 07:20 AM
gawd, that sounds like an uber challenge.
if I go..

... count me in >:3

(s'long as it's theme only, i think it'd still be pretty hard to do down-to-detail costumes with the sorts of items listed. also i think since sewing in 30 minutes may be hard, have ironing boads so we can fuse-tape fabric instead, ne? XD)

LuckInSpades
11-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Application for Iron Cosplay wll be open soon. Check often at the Anime Destiny website.

We have a very minimal budget for Iron Cosplay, so we will not be buying many items. Most things will be collected by myself and from some other staff, and other donations. So, sorry about that =/

padfootsm
11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
I would love to be a judge for that if possible. That is, if they would take me as one.

Matsuki
11-22-2004, 10:52 PM
AhhH.. SUGOI!!!
that sounds sooo awesome.. count me in <3 do you know if it limited to how many people can enter? And, do you have to be a certain age to enter? aHh it sounds sooo fun!!

-matsu aka mitsuki <3

kagomechan
11-23-2004, 12:05 AM
The official rules and signup proceedures have not yet been posted and any signups in this thread will not be honored by AOD staff.

A staff member will post on this board when signsups for Iron Cosplay will be available. ^_^

Thank you!

-Kagomechan

LuckInSpades
11-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Matsuki - We do know that it will be unfortunately limited to four groups.

And, since I AM a staff member... I can be the one to post when the signups are made open, as soon as I am alerted.

Matsuki
12-03-2004, 10:55 PM
wow.. four groups.. wonder if its first come first serve.. 0_0
welps when you get more info.. ill be checking into this thread time to time. =]

Nadeshiko
12-05-2004, 02:57 AM
Ooh...I'd love to see this. ^.~ Sounds great!

Godly
12-05-2004, 04:13 AM
Do you know if you are going to have the theme ingredient part? Like unveiling the must-use material to build costumes with, or unveiling a theme which they have to base their costume on (eliminates predetermined costumes by competitors). It's pretty easy to come prepared for something like that unless you provide the stipulation on the spot, forcing improvision.

LuckInSpades
12-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Yes, we had certainly intended on that.

But even if we didn't, there would be a level of difficulty in the fact that the contestants still don't know what they ARE actually supplied. Its not going to be sewing machienes and fabric, I'll tell you that =P