PDA

View Full Version : Skirt pattern/embroidery for Yuna

piacere68
07-01-2002, 02:11 AM
Hola

Well I have been rabidly searching the internet for a long pleated straight skirt pattern and I cant find one to save my life. I hit up all the big-name places and I found something *close* but I dont know if it's going to be right or not.

Another thing...any of the cosplayers out there...what did you use for the flowers on the skirt/obi? Paints? Iron-ons?

Thanks! Peace...

Miaka No Baka
07-01-2002, 02:56 AM
For a pleated skirt pattern you're pretty much on your own. I dont use a pattern w hen i make pleated skirts. U just get 3 times the measurement of your waist, so lets say you're 36 waist you'd need 3 yards of fabric for one. Then you just pick a nice size pleat and make sure they're all even and start pinning then sew away. For my yuna costume i used a combo of beads and fabric paint. I got some leaf shaped beads and flower beads hecka cheap at walmart (like 50 cents a baggie) and used fabric paint to secure them down and i used that to also draw in the lines for the vines. I also added lights to mine on the skit in the center of each flower.....

Most people do paint it on like I'm guessing with either the puffy kind of fabric paint or regular craft paint.

Miaka no Baka

Sin Girl
07-01-2002, 10:38 AM
actually, burda has a long pleated skirt pattern, atleast I think they still do... If not, you can always increase the legnth on short pleated skirt patterns. As for designs on fabric, applique tends to look the best. Products like stitch witch are ideal for that.
Sin

arisuchan
07-02-2002, 11:38 AM
pleats are the bane of my exsistanceand my yuna skirt shows it! I tried to use a pattern once and it was confusing and didn't really help. So so I did what Miaka did and got about three time more fabric than I needed for the skirt and pined and repined until I was happy with the pleats. They're still not as happy as i would have liked them to be, but I think its the fabric I used.

As for the flower design on the skirt, I was lucky enough to have the wonderful Jibrille do the paint work on my skirt. She used a type of acrylic that worked beautifully. My only suggestion is to be careful what kind of fabric you buy cause the fabric I used (it was a dress casca) was a pain to paint on.

Jibrille
07-02-2002, 04:20 PM
>My only suggestion is to be careful what kind of fabric you buy cause the fabric I used (it was a dress casca) was a pain to paint on.

Amen to that....

the smoother the fabric the easier it is to paint on and the better it will turn out.