PDA

View Full Version : im trying to lose weight for A-kon

SIT BOY!
11-19-2004, 10:06 AM
ive been excorsising all week long so far ive worked out for 30 minutes everyday to beach boys songs i jog in place like if i was climbing the stairs ya know and do twists and punch at the air and i dance around the room acting like im playing guitar good thing i had my blinds closed lol my legs hurt and were pretty stiff the first couple of days but thier fine now i guess im used to it now anyway i was wondering if i should do that mnore then once a day

ZakuKitty
11-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Just as long as you're doing it for yourself and not just for a costume....^_^;; Sounds like fun!

SIT BOY!
11-19-2004, 03:33 PM
its both its for me and cause i wanna look nice in my costume

Just as long as you're doing it for yourself and not just for a costume....^_^;; Sounds like fun!

Xenocore
11-23-2004, 11:01 PM
Just make sure that when you work out dont do the same thing over and over, your body will actually get used to the work out and you will stop loosing weight. Also, one of the best ways to loose wieght is watch what you eat.
I my self have actually lost over 30 pounds in the last year. YAR!
But the way I lost weight probaly wasnt the most healthiest way to do it...
If you want some help on dieting or working out, just PM me or msn or whatever ;)

SchizoIori
11-24-2004, 02:38 AM
I lost a bit of weight for AKON last year so I could be toned. It felt really good to do and I've kept it off. I walk everywhere though (I'm on a college campus) and the one thing that helped me a lot aside from not junking out was climbing stairs. Of course I went to the gym to weight train a bit. But as some one says you need to vary your exercises to get all parts. Besides you'll tone more evenly.

hanyou741
11-28-2004, 02:55 PM
you can go on a diet, those can be hard to keep somtimes ^^;. But try to make up differret exersices for each day, then your body won't get used to just one.

zekitty
11-28-2004, 06:13 PM
DDR worked wonders for me and a friend of mine! He was 10 pounds overweight and shed it in 3 months! And I've gone down about an inch around my waist for my first month, BUAHA! ph34r t3h DDR!

ChibiKakashi
11-28-2004, 07:36 PM
I'm gonna work on losing bad weight but also work on gaining good weight as in :

Muscle! (sp...?)

I wanna be really freaking strong when I cosplay as Auron >< gyah! I'm hoping ot tone up my arms, and my horrible legs and such ^^ I don't like being so...pudgy >< and I'm not saying it's bad, I'd just like to see myself actually lose some weight.

I'm also not just doing this because I wanna look good cosplaying ^^ if I shed some weight, it might help me breath better x.x I've got baaaaaaaaaad asthema >< Oh I HATE IT! I can't even play ddr as much as I like becuase of my lack of breathing =_= heh...

So YES!! I don't know what I weigh now.. but my goal would be like... 130 or less >< Or to weigh as much as I do now, but have it all be more toned and shapely ^__^; yes... I'm stupid x.x

and good luck to everyone else who is trying to loose weight or gain some muscles ^^ I'm gonna try playing ddr more... it might help tone up my ugly legs OO if nothing else, it's exercise atleast ^^ hehehhee

take it easy everyon!

--chibikakashi

isami
11-28-2004, 07:42 PM
if you're looking to JUST lose weight, the easiest way is to walk
And I mean it.
Walking will help you slim down a lot. I go to school in NYC and since this city charges you to simply BREATH... heaven knows I can't afford to use mass transit to get to class, so I've been walking. It's been 3 months and everybody can see the difference already.

If you're looking to tone and build mucsle, though, excersizing is the way to go. I have to be un-lazy and make use of my yoga/pilate video. XD

Also..
DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!
I can't stress that enough. Not only does it clear your skin, but you lose weight twice as fast for some reason if you keep yourself well hydrated.

XD

Anami Yumi
11-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Nyrr.. Im new to this site.. and im going to my first akon this june so I am also trying to loose weight.
One thing that has helped me tons, would be dieting. The best way to loose weight is to stop drinking pop. Thats all i did. I continued living life the way i always did (rather lazy) and just started drinking water or iced tea when i went out to eat and avoided pop like the plague. Ive lost soo much weight since then my friends are beginning to think im anorexic or something.

But yeah, i loved pop, and was practically addicted to it, but believe me. Its soo simple.. and it works!

SIT BOY!
12-01-2004, 04:41 PM
ive done that i just started my diet and i decided im not gonna drink any pop for two months and see how i do im also taking zantrex 3 which is suppost to be a pretty good diet pill im 216 right now and ill weigh myself again in two months and report my findings oh hey can i im you guys for advice

Nyrr.. Im new to this site.. and im going to my first akon this june so I am also trying to loose weight.
One thing that has helped me tons, would be dieting. The best way to loose weight is to stop drinking pop. Thats all i did. I continued living life the way i always did (rather lazy) and just started drinking water or iced tea when i went out to eat and avoided pop like the plague. Ive lost soo much weight since then my friends are beginning to think im anorexic or something.

But yeah, i loved pop, and was practically addicted to it, but believe me. Its soo simple.. and it works!

isami
12-01-2004, 08:00 PM
aww, good luck with that, then.
I'm still trying to lose some myself for katsu. I'm starting yoga/pilates.
yogalates. XD
Lost about 15 since school started and all the walking.
Group support, man.
Ganbatte yo! You can do it. Wee! XD

Skyline Kyo
12-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I agree with the walking advice!

Walk, run, bike, DDR!

DDR's a plus because you're not paying attention to how much you're running in place because you're trying to beat the damn stage XD

SIT BOY!
12-25-2004, 10:24 AM
i just got a sweet dog from my friend trish for christmas and i named her rin and ive been walking her twice a day every day

hanyou741
12-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Well, my friend got DDR and we've been playing it, man, that thing can really wear ya out, but its a really fun way to lose weight. walking works a whole bunch too, so you keep on walking Rin and both of yall will be fit! ^^

Guilty Neko
01-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Iíd have to agree with the walking thing. I use to walk back and forth to work but no other exercising and it did wonders to slim me down. Meh, I stopped doing that and donít look so hot so Iím going to take it up again along with pillates (sp?) and lift a little bit of weights to see if I canít get a little tone in my arms before next Akon (I want sexy Genma arms). Drinking water n a regular basis and cutting back on salt can also help a lot. Salt tends to cause more water retention making you look bloated up at times.

AoKoneko
01-02-2005, 09:02 AM
^_^ people should not really worry so much about weight unless they are over 280.
Heres just some simple good advice from someone who knows all to well about trying to keep a perfect body.
Drink of corse 8 glasses of water a day!!!
Iv been taking fish oil pill & those have been helping tone out my skin & the fish oil also helps with Acne on other pars of your body like your back, chest, face ECT.
If you do a simple work out for about 10-30 mins a day. That's all your body really needs if you keep at it.
For those who are trying to tone up thair bodies/ lose weight or even get a little taller. Winzer Poldises help with that.
Also running for about 1-4 miles a day if you can stand it. Swimming 8 -12 miles if you can handel it, and Running 1-4 miles.
This also gets your blood flowing and help not only get your body into shape but also will help improve your skin.
In some schools here in Texas they have put YES DDR macines & PARA PARA PARADISE macines in the school gyms. Playing DDR/PPP if a GEAT & fun way to get in shape.
STAY AWAY FROM DIET PILLS! They ruin your insides & in fact when you get older will slow down your system.
If you have any Q's about what kind of diet you sould be on Please PM me so I can find out a little bit more about you. Not every diet is good for everyone. There are certain diets for certain people. (right now I'm on an all raw fish, cabbage, & fruit diet. Iv only been on it for a month. I lost about 7" off my hips and 9" off my waist.)
I hope just a few of these tips help a little bit. If you have some questions. Please PM me. I'll be more then happy give your more details.
Please do take care ^_^ and can't wait to see you all at A-kon16 2005.
~AK~
AoAi desisngs

Remco
01-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I have to agree walking to the market instead of the car is a good way to lose some weight and get fit.
I speak from experience when I went to the second location of my school(15 min cycling turned into 25 min(turning 14 and growing 5cm also helped)) I noteced a difference.
At judo I was less and less tired at the end of the lesson. I was also losing weight 65kg to 63kg.
But that was 3 years ago now im 1 meter 77 centimeters (5"11) and 67kg and I feel OK thats the most important.
My advice is start walking or cycling to places instead of taking the car it will help.

PS: im dutch so I use kg's 1 pound = 0.45kg

SIT BOY!
02-04-2005, 10:09 AM
im down to 200 yipee i hope i make it to 150 soon

Kodoku
02-04-2005, 09:40 PM
i have got a problem
in the fact that i am becoming obsesive compulsive about weight loss
it is not soo much weight loss as i want really good toning and losing of inches
you know what i mean
i try to work out a lot but when i try not to eat I EAT MORE!
eg:
breakfast:apple ( so far so good)
lunch: big steak wrap, banana bread, cinamon bun half a rotie, and toast (SHIT!)
dinner: banana bread, chicken balls, rammen, chicken wigns, ribs, brocoli, coke, fortune cookies, and cake (OMFG I HATE MYSELF ARGHHHHHHH)

im not fat but not really skinny and i am makin it worse by trying to lose it, also i have promised to do an Auska cosplay but i am uncomfortable with showing skin

and dont you just hate it that you have to suck it in all the time well thats the only way i loook good T.T
any advbice would be rgreat thankx ^_~

TiraMisuSH
02-04-2005, 10:18 PM
No only once a day you shold do it. Like if you do it at 12 in the after noo monday on tudsay dont do it at 9 because you muscles need some time to mend after the exercise thats how they tone up. Eat lots of fruit water and good stuff fo you don;t starve yourself. But the speciak K diet my friendc is doing and its worki fot her she does 100 crunches one day and the next day she works on her legs and the next crusches its back and fourth you need to let the muscles you used that day to mend the next so do something with a different part of your body.

I walk/run one day and I bike the next to tone different parts if my legs. calves and thighs.

But definatly check into the special K diet. but no soda, mcdonalds or junk food like cheese curls!!! Its bad for your arteries in the long run and its also what gives us celulite :x all the crap that we all love we cant have if we want to take care of our body. CHeck out your local health food store.

ZiggyB
02-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Sorry everyone, I don't know why this wasn't closed earlier.

But this really has nothing to do with A-Kon so I'm going to close this thread.

There is a thread in the General Cosplay Chat forum concerning weight and dieting.