PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gathering

Link Arroway
11-21-2004, 11:53 PM
It's chrismas time and rather than wait for this to come forth, I will go ahead and put an end to trouble by putting this topic out here. Use this thread to discuss the options for a Chrismas gathering. Please do not make additional threads about this as they will be deleted.

Let's discuss possible locations in or around major North Carolina cities and possible dates that would be good or bad for doing this (not specific dates, just suggestions and things to avoid).
And the possiblity of a new years event, because that would ovbiously come up eventually, and if the christmas event is later it could cause problems for any new years event plans.. so lets try to get it sorted out at once, or decide on one or the other, maybe a christmas + new years event? rather than have two events in a short period of time.

And I think it would be agreeable that this gathering is a real, cosplaying gathering :) I think everyone has enough slack recently.
Also, when it comes down to it, because it eventually will, unless there is no decision and this is tossed in the trash to put CCR at a halt until 2005, for those of you who choose not to go for whatever reason who want to gather with others, please do so privately of your own non-conflicting means...

GreatSG
11-22-2004, 08:16 AM
I like the idea of a christmas gathering a lot, and a gathering with everyone in costume would be a lot of un as well. As for a location to gather at, i'm not to sure what would be best, but I think I have a few ideas of what to avoid.
I think a mall, like the one in Greensboro would be a bad place to meet at Christmas time, all the extra traffic from holiday shoppers could make for a bad time.

Plus I don't think an outdoor only event would be good either, especially if the weather keeps getting colder and we all know it will. So if anyone knows any good upcoming events in the greater NC area, i'm all for it

Star_Angel
11-22-2004, 11:10 AM
I think a christmas gathering would be great! And I agree a mall area would probaly be very crowded around this time and not a good idea (unless we wanted to do something elsewhere then go to a mall and eat in a food court and hang out but not sure what everyone else would think of that). hmmm, as for a date I work the first and third saturday of the month, (and I live in Asheboro, so if I could go I could possibly drive people, I can fit 3 or 4 ((depending on costume size)) more people other then me in my jeep). as for a place Im not really sure, i cant really think of any places in G-boro that are open like the mall, and the only places I know in Raleigh are the malls and the Japan center so im not a big help there.

nixxer
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
the only issues I have are any meetings very close to christmas or very close to new years because I have to work....:( I would prefer something in the Raleigh area, as its already a good distance to drive for me, but whatever is decided I can try my best to attend.

Tohma
11-23-2004, 12:32 AM
I would love to go to a gathering in costume sometime this coming month! It would be my first gathering with CRR since I just moved down south so I would love to meet some fellow cosplayers down here. As mentioned by someone above, my only conflict would be work but as long as I have enough notice I can request off. I have to request off for my birthday on the 19th anyway ^^;;

Since I am relatively new to the state I can't really offer much in the way of suggestions. I've only really been to Winston-Salem since that is where I work. I live in Northwest NC so I have to travel quite a ways to get anywhere. Takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to Greensboro so obviously I don't go there often.

Anywhere we chose though will be mega busy with the holiday season though.

I do have a small question. When you say in costume...how in costume do you guys normally get? It wouldn't be the first time I go out in public in one of my costumes...but I just want to make sure if I show up in say...my Dilandau armor versus my white leather coated Hatsuharu Sohma, I'm not going to be stared at by everyone as if I'm crazy and wearing too much of a costume. I guess my question is...are the costumes people wear, normally regular clothes type costumes, or are they really involved or out of the ordinary like Escaflowne, sailor scouts, or angel sanctuary costumes?

Hope I get to come to this gathering ^^

Terumi
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE]
I do have a small question. When you say in costume...how in costume do you guys normally get? It wouldn't be the first time I go out in public in one of my costumes...but I just want to make sure if I show up in say...my Dilandau armor versus my white leather coated Hatsuharu Sohma, I'm not going to be stared at by everyone as if I'm crazy and wearing too much of a costume. I guess my question is...are the costumes people wear, normally regular clothes type costumes, or are they really involved or out of the ordinary like Escaflowne, sailor scouts, or angel sanctuary costumes?
QUOTE]

I normally go all out for my costumes. I was Haku from Naruto at the mall, and I wore a Battle Royal costume to play laser tag (thought it was appropriate). Although the Battle Royal costume was not extravagant, I got plenty of stares for the Haku one. XD One women even asked me if I was part of Santa's Photo Booth.
If everything works out with the meeting, I plan to go as Rosette from Chrno Crusade. And she's a nun, so if you cosplay Dilandau you won't be lonely ^^ LOL
As for a meeting place, I know you can rent rooms at some restaurants in the Triangle.

nixxer
11-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Im thinking of wearing my legend of zelda Link outfit, as its probably the warmest costume I have right now, I'll probably go for tight sweat pants to keep me more warm instead of just regular tights, I shouldnt get to many stares I imagine, since most people will probably think Im one of santas elfs :thumbsup: Im going to try to start on my Ryuichi outfit this weekend, if I get it done in time I may just wear it, its got long sleeves so it should keep me warm too. (all about being warm)

KawaiiEdea
11-24-2004, 11:40 PM
*brainstorm* HM. I still can't think of a place that would be good for cold weather besides someplace -inside- so I guess a park is out of the question ;) (although having an 'inside' picnic at duke gardens was quite amusing ;P ) Some good dates ...the 11th or 18th of next month? Or will that be not enough time to plan something? I don't think I'll be able to do anything after that because I'll be out of town for a while.

Link Arroway
11-25-2004, 01:14 PM
for cosplaying in public, I try to go all out as much as possible. without ovbiously threatening public saftely (or so would be assumed by security staff) or limiting portability. like running around a park is good to show off a good costume, (except my costumes aren't that extravagant or anything heh heh..) but well depending you don't want to wear something that can't be cleaned incase you get it dirty or torn on a thorn or something....
nixxer, if its in greensboro we could possibly ride together since I'm in Raleigh too..

as for location.. lets see.. what is a good indoors place (because it'll be cold outside) where it wont be crowded. we could hope for an empty/isolated area in a food court at a mall, but well you know how it can be hard to find one table, let alone a few when the mall is crowded...

Chukkie
11-26-2004, 12:00 PM
I'd like to try and meet up with anyone if at all posible. give me a specific date and I can arrange my work schedule so that I could get the day off. In a couple of weeks my college classes will be over for the semester so that'll give me a bit of leeway. As for a costume, I could grab some things out of my closet. I have a russian coat and fuzzy hat so I could say that I was one of the extras from Oh My Goddess. I also have some gear that at a bit of a stretch could count as a gothic lolita (or whatever the male version is called). Originally, I was planning on making my own costume but the person who was going to give me sewing lessons suddenly desided that she hates my family, leaving me saying "W-T-F man, W-T-F?" So I'll probably pay the local seemstress to make one for me later. As for a ride, Nix you mind if I carpool with you? I'd pay for gas. I'd go myself, but I don't trust my van to take me to Jacksonville, let alone Greensboro. Anyways, let me throw a date out there: 11th sound good for anyone?

rainyday
11-26-2004, 12:23 PM
hmmm well if its close to winston-salem and not on a december the 4th, 11th, or after the 17th i can go....so basically i can go if its in greensboro on the 5th or the 12th

lol

i'm leaving to go to ohio early on the 18th and i have exams on the 4th and 11th...my school likes putting exams on saturdays....err

nixxer
11-27-2004, 12:00 AM
I can manage the 11th or the 18th, just let me know a date pretty soon so I can arrange for the day off, and if it does end up being in Greensboro, then I'll gladly give rides to anyone between here (New Bern) to there, I can fit 4 others besides myself, the drive is no problem really thanks to me having a new car, but it'll be much easier on me to have company(driving alone sucks), that way I wont fall asleep :thumbsup: so Chukkie you can ride, and Link if you want to save your gas you can ride with me too ^_^ carpool=fun and my car does have cd player, so you guys can bring some cds to listen too...I dont have much of a selection myself...>.>;;;

Terumi
11-27-2004, 11:59 AM
I think the best dates for me might be the 11th or 18th as well. Not too soon, but not right on Christmas. I'm all up for having a great time ^^

Chukkie
11-27-2004, 12:50 PM
sounds to me like the 18th would be best for everyone so why don't we plan on that date. Nix, thanks man. Driving alone does indeed suck. If you e-mail your address to me I can drive to your house then we can ride together in your car, that way you don't have to drive 20 minutes east to Havelock then turn around the way you came from to go to Greensboro.

Link Arroway
11-27-2004, 12:56 PM
I have a car that can seat 2 or a minivan that can seat 7. I agree about driving alone. But my car might be dying again -_-. So I'll think about it, depends on if I have to drive anyone myself, thanks. Driving normally keeps me awake, but.. I get bored easily @_@

quadrain61
11-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Since it is getting cold, 1) Somehow rent out a hotel convention area 2) Someone's house

11th or 18th sounds good (Since SAT is the 4th)

KawaiiEdea
11-27-2004, 08:36 PM
18th sounds good. more time to plan=good. ehh..renting out a hotel convention area eh? Sounds expensive @_@ Someone's house huh? HMm...

Lovelyangel_81
11-28-2004, 08:53 AM
*slides into the thread* Dec 18th also sounds good to me. :)

Star_Angel
11-28-2004, 10:48 AM
The 11th is good for me because thats my only Sat. off before x-mas (and I cant get any others off due to taking so many off for college exams)

Kilayi
11-28-2004, 04:32 PM
18th is out for me and my buddies, that is if they are still interested in our previous arrangement for a weekend Christmasy thing :/

I think our best bet would be to go to someone's house, unless we want to freeze our buns off outside >_>

Star_Angel
11-28-2004, 05:55 PM
18th is out for me and my buddies, that is if they are still interested in our previous arrangement for a weekend Christmasy thing :/

I think our best bet would be to go to someone's house, unless we want to freeze our buns off outside >_>
Kilayi- If it's on a day I can go if you need a ride I can give you and anyone else in Asheboro one, let me know if you want me to.

GreatSG
11-28-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't know if the weekend of the 18th will be good for me. That's the weekend my family is planning to go down to visit my grandparents in South Carolina and I have to go. And I do want to attend the meetup and also go to Kilayi's party and see my friends there. Oh, the choices and timings and end of the semester... THE PRESSURE.... *head explodes* :mfg:

Kilayi
11-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Kilayi- If it's on a day I can go if you need a ride I can give you and anyone else in Asheboro one, let me know if you want me to.
Thank you. :heart:

I don't know if I will be going depending on place, and date, but I will let you know if I am going ^_^ ... *pm's you*

GreatSG
11-28-2004, 07:10 PM
I really like the idea of the 11th has a meetup date, we might avoid some holiday rushes around us at various places and hopefully the traffic that weekend won't be hectic either. Plus I'll be done with school finals by then and it'd be a great reward for making it through the semester. :jjacks:

nixxer
11-29-2004, 10:00 AM
maybe we should take a vote for the date?

someones house sounds nice, but there might be to many of us to really do that...unless someone has a really roomy house. I dont know the Greensboro or Raleigh areas to well, so I cant offer to much input as to where to go =/

and chukkie, I live out of the way for you as well, so how bout we meet in New Bern, you can park your car at Books a Million (I know its cool to park there for awhile because my sisters boyfriend left his car there for weeks) and then ride up with me. Im sure you'll have no problem spotting me if Im in costume, and if Im not (I might just wait to throw on my costume) then you can just look for me in the manga section, or I can just sit outside or something...I'll make a sign if necessary ^_^

KawaiiEdea
11-29-2004, 10:24 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing. A vote sounds good.

Chukkie
11-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Nix, np. You can spot me a mile away when I'm wearing my hat (you'll know what I mean). As for the date, the 18th would be best since I'll have finished college finals that week but I may be able to swing the 11th. Just let me know soon so that I can work something out with my boss and coworkers. So far the house idea seems like a good idea. Maybe if someone has a backyard and it's another warm NC winter we could do something with that.

Tohma
11-30-2004, 11:37 AM
The 18th also sounds good to me since it gives me more time to request off of work..and turns out we are having a sale on the 11th, so getting that day off will become increasingly difficult. Either way I will see what I can do though.

I wish I could offer you guys my house. But I really don't think you all want to drive all the way to Elkin ^^;;

Hope we get to do something. I'm looking forward to meeting you all ^_^

Link Arroway
11-30-2004, 02:19 PM
I doubt this is going to be a warm winter, but maybe a white christmas? :D

I made a poll that ends on the 7th, so you guys have time to vote.. although.. if it was the 11th that wouldnt leave much time to get out of work.. hmm the holidays are coming too fast!
well i guess it can't be helped, vote away.

we could always go to a groshery store or a home depot! >_> no, we can do better

GreatSG
11-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Yeah, it's coming up rather quickly, but it'll definitely have be the 11th for me to arrive for the meeting cause the 18th is a busy weekend for me and I hate missing all my friends, but then again I havn't seen my grandparents in a long time either.
Also, if it's the 11th i'll have to make sure I have travel money on hand, I'm dropping about 150 on the Zeta Gundam DVD boxset that comes out right after the 11th XP

Chukkie
12-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Have we figured out where this get together is going to be yet?

KawaiiEdea
12-02-2004, 12:02 AM
It would help if we had a place decided huh? lol

I've racked my brain for the longest time now. I got nothing. .-.

nixxer
12-02-2004, 10:50 AM
well the first step would be deciding if we want this in raleigh or greensboro, as those seem to be the most popular spots. once thats decided then we can figure out a good place to hang.

nixxer
12-04-2004, 12:22 AM
I found out I have to work on the 11th :( so for convience sake I have to go with the 18th now.

Kytri
12-04-2004, 09:28 PM
*is a lazy arse who hasn't been to c.c in ages*

I have exams the week in between, so technically I could go to either but the 18th would be better. Though you'll miss me foaming at the mouth and muttering about electron transport chains and stuff.

Link Arroway
12-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Raleigh or Greensboro, lets decide after we figure out what type of place we could have this. Since its winter and crowded, it's tough! And well once we know what we're looking for we can decide on some locations between different cities. Well lets get at it, if we havent found a place by tuesday we might not be able to do the 11th regardless! Now, what is uncrowded and uncold while public and unboring, with room for us cosplayers, in December!

KawaiiEdea
12-05-2004, 04:58 PM
duke gardens!!!! XD yeah..*cough*

Link Arroway
12-05-2004, 08:50 PM
You think that is even open in the winter?

GreatSG
12-06-2004, 12:04 AM
All I can think of is the mall in Greensboro... that's what I get for leaving on the western side of the state. :P

Star_Angel
12-06-2004, 09:03 AM
All I can think of is the mall in Greensboro... that's what I get for leaving on the western side of the state. :P
Yeah that was all I could think of, and I was there this past weekend and it wasnt extremely busy (like it has been in past years) so thought I would just mention that (but being closer to x-mas theres a chance that it will be bussier).

KawaiiEdea
12-06-2004, 01:18 PM
uh..yeah,it should be open. O_o

quadrain61
12-07-2004, 04:40 AM
[off topic] Doom you Flordia for having good weather [/off topic]

Tohma
12-07-2004, 12:52 PM
I asked my friend who has lived in NC longer then I have if she could think of some good places for people to meet up. She suggested the fairgrounds, saying that since the days we want are on a saturday there would be lots of people there for the flea market and there are some indoor areas that we could hang out in. ALso there is the Morrisville Mall by the airport.

Obviously I have no idea where either of these places are but if someone else here does and things they might be good places then I can find my way to them ^^;; I'll have to find my way to any place we decide on regardless. Especially since I've never driven past Winston-Salem.

GreatSG
12-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Lol, the thought of a cosplay gathering at the same location as a flea market is quite funny I must say. XD
We're really scrapped for ideas on meeting locations aren't we? I wish I actually knew some good areas around the Greensboro-Durham area, but I live in Hickory (which is about an hour west of Charlotte) and I doubt anyone else is going to drive down here for a CCR meetup. :p

Teh_Sex
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Has anyone figured out where its going to be held? I'm guessing its gonna be the 18th since like the poll says so :P. Well if suggestions are needed i guess, Greensboro Mall, um Adventure Landing (that place is fun), or some other holiday themed places? lol Tanglewood Lights Show XD! j/k lol. Or the abandoned Putt-Putt ruins in Winston-Salem.

Tohma
12-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Has anyone figured out where its going to be held? I'm guessing its gonna be the 18th since like the poll says so :P. Well if suggestions are needed i guess, Greensboro Mall, um Adventure Landing (that place is fun), or some other holiday themed places? lol Tanglewood Lights Show XD! j/k lol. Or the abandoned Putt-Putt ruins in Winston-Salem.

The putt-putt is right next to where I work I think XD I can see random Anime characters just running around putt putt, climbing up the mountain, causing mayhem...of course I get funny images whenever I picture random anime characters at a flee market XD

Link Arroway
12-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Hmm Adventure Landing.. when I was at the mall, it was more crowded than usual, but strangely the arcade was more empty than usual. Maybe with all the families together during christmas the kids will be trapped at home, or trapped w/ parentals shopping and there will be less to clog the place.
I guess there isnt anything much besides something like that or a mall that would be indoors. Unless we wanna go somewhere half/half or boring. Although, we really need somewhere more cosplay friendly.

Terumi
12-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Maybe a Putt Putt, but not an abandoned one (so we don't get in any sort of trouble LOL Would we? If we wouldn't, I'm all for it! LOL). There is an Adventure Landing in Raleigh (or another place of the sort elsewhere), but I know that places like that rent out Birthday rooms O-o Maybe we could all ban together, get a "Birthday Room" and play putt putt? ._.; :: thinking too hard it a bad thing::
Also, like someone else said, a Holiday themed place might be fun... but where? XD LOL Goodness, it's hard to find a good picture friendly place now-a-days. Maybe a nearby hotel would let us all gather up on the lawn for photos (Um.. if they were really nice people? ^^;)

Teh_Sex
12-09-2004, 10:04 PM
haha im not sure if you would get introuble playing in abandoned property, They were supposed to start construction on it like 3 years ago but havent even started, so the crazy colored animals are still there surrounded by tall grass. I really cant think of any holiday themed places haha. Other than the Tanglewood lights show, but you have to stay in a car, and its a night. Other than that its like.. the mall, take pictures with santa hehe. Or some other areas? I remember Kilayi told me about the ice skating rink in Greensboro, and theres other stuff to do there.

Kilayi
12-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Celebration Station.... 2 story arcade, with go karts, bumper boats, putt-putt, ad batting cages outside

Its in Greensboro, but may not be so costume friendly >_>

Link Arroway
12-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Celebration Station.... 2 story arcade, with go karts, bumper boats, putt-putt, ad batting cages outside

Its in Greensboro, but may not be so costume friendly >_>
oooh.. 2 stories.. do they have Para Para Paradise? :D :D :D

I know Adventure Landing is costume friendly and theres room upstairs you can use for 'parties'.. but i think you have to puchase a 'birthday' or something. battlezone has actual rooms that you can use, but that place is small overall. and anyways adventure landing has putt putt, go karts, arcade... but theres no good place for pictures. we've done lots of arcade stuff -___- but if it comes down to it, we could resort to it again. :p

my neighborhood has a clubhouse that can be rented out for around $20 i think, although I think there is a deposit. but it would be an indoor place we could use for a gathering, although theres no stores, arcades, etc. in walking distance. we'd have to entertain and clean up after ourselves but we'd have the space we needed.. and could bring DDR or something? i dunno.

quadrain61
12-10-2004, 04:43 PM
oooh.. 2 stories.. do they have Para Para Paradise? :D :D :D

I know Adventure Landing is costume friendly and theres room upstairs you can use for 'parties'.. but i think you have to puchase a 'birthday' or something. battlezone has actual rooms that you can use, but that place is small overall. and anyways adventure landing has putt putt, go karts, arcade... but theres no good place for pictures. we've done lots of arcade stuff -___- but if it comes down to it, we could resort to it again. :p

my neighborhood has a clubhouse that can be rented out for around $20 i think, although I think there is a deposit. but it would be an indoor place we could use for a gathering, although theres no stores, arcades, etc. in walking distance. we'd have to entertain and clean up after ourselves but we'd have the space we needed.. and could bring DDR or something? i dunno.

Hmm a clubhouse for rent? I think that's pretty good and we can bring our own entertainment for free. Yeah...the usual DDR and we can also bring out own PCs for games and such.

Anyone else live in a neighboorhood with a rentable clubhouse????

rainyday
12-10-2004, 05:04 PM
haha we are trying to convince my school to get DDR so that we can get some of our less active students to exercise...lol...i don't think its working but it would be awesome if it did. anyway i think it would be awesome to have a meeting at a chuck e. cheeses (sp?) but of course i can't go to either of the dates so you don't have to listen to me.

Star_Angel
12-10-2004, 05:45 PM
haha we are trying to convince my school to get DDR so that we can get some of our less active students to exercise...lol...i don't think its working but it would be awesome if it did. anyway i think it would be awesome to have a meeting at a chuck e. cheeses (sp?) but of course i can't go to either of the dates so you don't have to listen to me.
I think a chuk-e-cheese or celebration station would be fun to have a meeting at. But since it is on the 18th I might not be able to come now (b/c of work and Im there until 5pm) but it the gatheirng runs after 5pm I'll try and come!

GreatSG
12-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Well, i've found out that I pretty much won't be able to make the meetup...
Sorry to everyone who was hoping to meet up with me again, but I can't really be jilted over the issue of visiting family or friends. *sigh* :sulk:

Terumi
12-10-2004, 11:19 PM
I think the best idea might be the clubhouse LOL It's not too expensive, and it's indoors from the cold? It would give us a little more room to be ourselves and just have a fun time hanging out with one another.
There was this one time when myself, best friend, and boyfriend went to Adventure Landing. Ryan (boyfriend) had his headband on and the policman made him take it off -_- He thought he was in a gang or something ( just doing his job though ::sigh:: ) XD

Link Arroway
12-11-2004, 11:09 AM
There was this one time when myself, best friend, and boyfriend went to Adventure Landing. Ryan (boyfriend) had his headband on and the policman made him take it off -_- He thought he was in a gang or something ( just doing his job though ::sigh:: ) XD
lol, well I guess things that could be taken as gang related and weaponary - could be prohibited in public-(family)-recreation-places such as arcades

sigh.. there was this arcade at the mall in chesapeake, va.. they had para para *-*

Star_Angel
12-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Lol, I can just imagine, a gang of cosplayers, beating up little kids to take their pikachu doll or Yu-Gi-Oh cards, lol. or all of us in costume running away from security. lol sorry that was just a funny little mental pic. Ok well hopefully I'll get to come and meet some of you guys, but oh well theres always next time if I cant (or Animazement for that matter!)

Tohma
12-11-2004, 10:32 PM
If we really can't think of someplace we could always resort to like..an IHOP or something. When I was at school my friends and I would go to IHOP in costume. We got funny looks the first few times but then I think the waitresses got used to it...It was a group of 10-15 coming in around midnight to just hang out for 2-3 hours at a time usually that aren't hard to please and we tip well ^_^ I think we added a little color and entertainment to their night.

Chukkie
12-12-2004, 06:39 PM
hmm... It appears that unless I can find someone to switch days with me at work, I won't be going :( . Maybe next time

Link Arroway
12-12-2004, 07:55 PM
I'm going to call and check into the details of teh clubhouse rental tommarow.

Teh_Sex
12-12-2004, 10:18 PM
idk if i can go, i'm in italy/nc lol j/k i just wanted a sexy banner next to my name. anyway where's this clubhouse at?

nixxer
12-13-2004, 08:30 AM
they scheduled me for the 18th, but then I mentioned I wasnt going to be anywhere near town then so they let me have it off :D so I can go if we ever figure out where its going to be...*sorry to not throw ideas out, but I really have no clue whats in raleigh or greensboro :thumbsup: *

Kilayi
12-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Seems that I won't be able to go >_>
I have a thing already planned, and I know exactly when and where it is, so that takes priority as of now. I may have been able to make it to both, but seriously doubt it.

I was hoping to hang out, but, oh well :/

GreatSG
12-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Same here, except i'll be 100s of miles away in the middle of South Carolina.
I hope my Zeta Gundam boxset arrives before friday so that I can watch it down at my grandparents. If not, time to start making those MST3k DVDs i've been working on.

Link Arroway
12-14-2004, 07:42 PM
No good, the neighborhood clubhouse is booked up this Saturday and Sunday, whats with that.. >_> I think the crazy crack smoking homeowners have something against normal people <_<

so how about adventure landing? a mall? battlezone again? Lol a wendies? >_>
Its this saturday @_@

Terumi
12-14-2004, 09:25 PM
No good, the neighborhood clubhouse is booked up this Saturday and Sunday, whats with that.. >_> I think the crazy crack smoking homeowners have something against normal people <_<

so how about adventure landing? a mall? battlezone again? Lol a wendies? >_>
Its this saturday @_@
LOLOL Battle Zone was pretty fun. We could steal away the little Birthday room ._.; Or Adventure Landing... do they have a site? Maybe we could see how much stuff would be x-x Also, I was looking in the phone book today ::random:: and I saw a section where you could rent... er... whatchamacall'ems :: points:: shelters like what we've talked about before? What about the place we had it last time ?(x-x I didn't get to come, but it was an indoor reuinion area, right?) One of those places or battle zone sounds fun to me. Maybe we could take pictures next to the trees and bushes besides the road? XD ... ._.;

KawaiiEdea
12-14-2004, 09:32 PM
*looks around*

..duke gardens!!

We could hang out in the little visitor building like last time (indoors=goodness)..bring some food and snacks..walk around and take pictures? Does anyone know if there's some kind of sheltered-indoor area like that at Pullen Park or Bur Mil??

Tohma
12-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I still can't help with a location but I can say for sure that I"ll be going...wherever it is held. I'm just going to need some excellent directions on how to get there ^^;;

My boss not only gave me Saturday off, but also Sunday since it is my birthday. Hurray for having an actual weekend off for the first time in three months X_x..not counting Nekocon.

So what is everyone planning on wearing to this? I'm still debating...something warm...not too crazy...not too involved yet not too simple...hmm...so many to chose from...

Finding Beauty
12-15-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm extremely confused and kind of forgot this forum was here. ^_^;

However, I'm definitely interested in a gathering, if it can be at a time for me to get off work and attend. *ponders what costume she could toss together*

If I had any suggestions for a location, I'd offer them, but at this point I'm not really sure. I live in Greenville, but there's not exactly a lot to do around here. There's a huge convention center, but ... that's kind of overkill. ;)

We could just make an day out of general things to do -- how about billiards or bowling? xD My friends and I are aspiring to go bowling in costume one of these days. I've played pool in costume, but I will tell you that leaning across a pool table wearing angel wings and leather pants is hard.

Lovelyangel_81
12-15-2004, 03:30 PM
It looks like we can decide on where to have the gathering at. haha

Duke Gardens sounds fine with me.

[tiny voice]I am saying that because it's closer to me[/tiny voice]

Okay...I am saying that. lol Anywho. It didn't matter where it at.

Link Arroway
12-15-2004, 08:06 PM
I'd love to jump at going to Duke Gardens, its a tried and true good Cosplay place! but the the little indoor place was only that big open room and then the little room where people worked, if the place is rented out we cant be in there, like last time we were able to stay in there while they were setting up for something. It's suppost to be 50F Saturday, so its warmer, but not quite cosplay warm.
Adventure Landing & Battlezone arent exactly spaceous.
Pullen Park doesnt have any public indoor places really that I know of. Theres another big park near me, it has a big grass field and big playground and an indoor 'visitors center'. Maybe we should go back to a mall? At least theres room for cosplaying and warmth. @_@
I wouldnt mind going and doing things like.. bowling and stuff if it were all together in one spot. But I don't know of any such place. Bowling places that I know of are skattered about and hard to find, not near anything else we'd go to. And it'd be troublesome to transport many from place to place where we dont know our way around. @_@

Anyways I've poked and prodded at others for ideas. Called a few places. Here's what it comes down to that I know of.

Crabtree Valley Mall we've been to before, I think last winter.. It's been around, has bookstores and an arcade and other things, like food. Deep in Raleigh, would be more crowded on the Saturday before Christmas.
Triangle Town Center is a new mall north of Raleigh, doesn't have an arcade.. but bookstores? its design makes it seem a lot more open (except the food court is smaller than crabtree's big one) theres a two story barnes and noble..

Adventure Landing we've been before, but only a few made it. It's a cramped normal size arcade that has go-karts and putt putt, and lazer tag too. Lazer tag and arcade games being inside, they probably dont like outside food/drink. Not exactly cosplay friendly either, not even if there were good places for pictures, which there isn't.
Battlezone we've been too also, it was a good event. lala, oh yeah. its cramped too, but a smaller arcade, with just lazer tag. areas for birthday parties could be used by us if not inuse by party but no guarentees. Not exactly cosplay friendly because of space.. . Only good place for pictures is sidewalk. But at least theres more sidewalk than AL :p

Duke Gardens, bring food if you want it because there isnt any unless you wanna go driving. It's also cold and this is a mostly outdoor place unless we're lucky and could invade their inner-place-thing. Being the Sat. before Christmas, I doubt. Awesome place for cosplaying and pictures tho :( too bad its not warmer.

I've been to Cary Towne Center, but only once, its not exactly big or spaceous if I remember, but it had a gaming place called Game Frog. We could go and play games, but such places are costly. And I have no idea how crowded it'd be. It's kind of in a congested area. Between downtown raleigh and downtown (if you could call it that) Cary.

And here's my verdict.
I'm suggesting Triangle Town Center (http://www.triangletowncenter.com/Directions/), its a good place and might be less crowded than most malls. As we're running out of time and there seems to be nothing great. And we might as well have it at a place that we know we could at least cosplay and be warm. It's almost time for the gathering! Is this okay or does someone have a brilliant idea hidden away?

And earlier this weekend I was joking with myself that we wouldnt have this gathering figured out by now.... ... ;_;

KawaiiEdea
12-15-2004, 09:02 PM
yeah,TTC sounds the best out of those (minus the fact there's no arcade .-. its mainly a fashion mall.) . It can't be more congested than Crabtree (::remembers last time we went there:: @_@ ) ..and it's a pretty mall. I'm sure we could find someplace to take pictures. .-.

RHIshida
12-15-2004, 09:06 PM
I agree with Link, Triangle is probably the best way to go. It's easier to access, and happens to be smack dab in the middle of several major highways and has lots of stuff to do.

Link Arroway
12-15-2004, 09:11 PM
its got lots of open areas inside and out which look good for pictures and arent usually too crowded, suncoast and bookstores at the least. not that we would play too many arcade games - we entertain ourselves like last time we went to crabtree mall. theres a neat little asian store there that sells trinkets and things.
and like brian said.. easy to find

simple directions: if you're west of it, get on I-540 East. Go to the end of the highway. The exit is called Triangle Town Blvd. I think. Go on that. Make a right, its the only way you can go i think, the other way gets back on the highway. go down, straight at the light, and that little tiny right, right after the light, turn right into that :p or take the next entrance, theres lots. even if you turned right at the light theres one or two that way, and if you miss the turn thats straight theres at least one more otherwise make a right at the end of that short road and theres more. :P

the key point its at the east end of I-540. (Animazement is on the very other end of I-540) here is a nice map.
http://www.triangletowncenter.com/Directions/

and for something completely off topic, if you like Initial D, try this (http://www.kokorokara.org/DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17.png)

nixxer
12-15-2004, 11:51 PM
I like the idea, though your directions confuse me...I'll have to visit that link to get how to get there from where I am....*makes mental note* That mall would be better for me, just cause I want to do some x-mas shopping while on this gathering too...ya know kill two birds with one stone kinda thing >.>;;;; so yeah, Im all up for it (its closing in quick x_x )

KawaiiEdea
12-16-2004, 09:32 AM
what time and where inside the malll shall we gather?

Link Arroway
12-16-2004, 01:44 PM
hmm, alright well its in TWO DAYS so.. yeah. okay.

how about 11am, like normal gatherings, at the Barnes and Noble, which is right at the front of the main entrance.

http://www.tifakat.com/~link/TTCAccessMap.gif
Follow teh Green Arrow! Barnes and Noble is there, next to a Cinnabon I think. (the cinnabon is on the inside, B&N has entrances on the outside and inside)

and for my confusingness directions..
1. Get on I-540 West (towards wake forest) (Highway 70, and I-40 connect to it, as do other things)
2. then follow that map above to parking/gatheringness.

Finding Beauty
12-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Bleh. ._. I want to come, but I definitely can't make it Saturday now ... not enough advance notice, my schedule at work came out today and I have to work on Saturday. Last Saturday before Christmas, so I know there's no way I'm getting it off -- I work at Cracker Barrel, and anyone who's ever been in one knows it's insane ANY time -- take that and multiply it by ten times for the holidays. (This applies to any holiday -- Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving -- except maybe Halloween, when it actually wasn't too bad.)

Oh well. Maybe the next event that takes place, I can attend.

nixxer
12-17-2004, 10:47 AM
yay, I think Im ready...I'll be there either way...this shall prove to be interesting, this will be the first gathering Ive attended in very long time (last time was a picnic...at I think duke gardens) sooo weee, fun times ahead :D

Lovelyangel_81
12-17-2004, 02:17 PM
It's look like I won't be able to make this event tomorrow. I want to but I don't have a ride to get there. Anyone wants to pick me up from Durham? *bats eyes* ::crickets in the background:: I didn't think so. lol

I would get my uncle to take me, but he's poo and won't take anywhere. :\

Perhaps, the next one! You guys whose going you have fun! See you guys next time! :)

Terumi
12-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Quick question: Are we all going to do major cosplays, no cosplay, or minor? I don't mean major by anything that is difficult to move in, but the costume I was going to wear looks like a nuns apparel - Yay or neh? LOL I just wanna know if I'll be the only one walking around in full costume. :waaaah:

Tohma
12-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Quick question: Are we all going to do major cosplays, no cosplay, or minor? I don't mean major by anything that is difficult to move in, but the costume I was going to wear looks like a nuns apparel - Yay or neh? LOL I just wanna know if I'll be the only one walking around in full costume. :waaaah:

I'll be there in full Hatsuharu Sohma costume ^_^...well..minus the chaps cause..well..gah X_x...walking around Otakon in chaps was bad enough. But I'll have the school uniform, coat and the black and white hair so you won't be alone ^^ So I say Yay!

Link Arroway
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Cosplay, as long as something you can walk around and sit in, because we'll be in an open public mall

KawaiiEdea
12-17-2004, 11:17 PM
I'll be cosplaying-so you guys who are too won't be alone :)

Prof Farnsworth
12-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Ditto, as Spike Spiegel. By the by, is anyone else a duelist? Cause I'm bringing my yugioh cards ^-^

Terumi
12-18-2004, 12:45 AM
So I'll look for you guys on the inside and the outside f Barns and Noble. :P I know Link knows this, but the outside area really is a wonderful spot for photos. ^^ Can't wait to see you all there!

nixxer
12-18-2004, 01:22 AM
I get to stop by a store on my way tomorrow.....errr later today >.>;;; to pick up some last costume bits, since I just got paid...so I'll have to throw on my costume either some point along the way, or when I get there...I'll figure it out hehehe...anyway, everyone have a safe journey and I cant wait to see you there!....lets hope no one gets lost!

Link Arroway
12-18-2004, 08:16 AM
So I'll look for you guys on the inside and the outside f Barns and Noble. :P I know Link knows this, but the outside area really is a wonderful spot for photos. ^^ Can't wait to see you all there!
Yes, they have rocks 'n things we can sit on xD, we could pretend its duke gardens :p

quadrain61
12-18-2004, 08:46 AM
I'm very sorry about this but it seems I cannot attend this time. (Parents forgot I wanted off today and one of the employees might not even be in today)

Edit: 'Two of the employees is NOT coming in today'

Have fun all!!! :jjacks:

Terumi
12-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to voice that I had a great time today! Also... don't worry about me and Eric XD We actually did make it to Links house, but before everyone else. ._.; (Somehow Eric has this super memory bank and he remembered how to get there from last year XD ) But then we couldn't wait because Eric had to meet somebody at 2:00. So we didn't get lost ^^;
We're both sorry we couldn't have stayed longer, but we really look forward to the next meeting!! ^^ I miss you guys already :waaaah:

Lovelyangel_81
12-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Yay! I was able to come! I had fun! Thanks Kytri for giving me a ride! *hugs*

Link Arroway
12-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to voice that I had a great time today! Also... don't worry about me and Eric XD We actually did make it to Links house, but before everyone else. ._.; (Somehow Eric has this super memory bank and he remembered how to get there from last year XD ) But then we couldn't wait because Eric had to meet somebody at 2:00. So we didn't get lost ^^;
We're both sorry we couldn't have stayed longer, but we really look forward to the next meeting!! ^^ I miss you guys already :waaaah:

when exactly did you guys leave because you dissipeared before we started lining up to leave the mall. and we waited for you guys because we didnt know what your plan was then we were uber delayed by traffic and things and detoured at least once along the way

KawaiiEdea
12-18-2004, 11:00 PM
*nodnod* I felt guilty leaving you guys behind T_T

Terumi
12-18-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm sorry :waaaah: I didn't mean to worry or inconvenience anyone We waved to a couple people in the group from the car and they waved back, and I thought Toshi/Eric had said something to Link about it. :blubber: x-x We would have tried calling because we were afraid you guys would worry but we didn't have anyones number, and Toshi really had to meet someone so we could stay ;-; :lost:

:bigcry:

nixxer
12-19-2004, 11:10 AM
hey, I just wanted to let you guys know I made it home safely and to thank everyone for staying with me after my accident, Im really sorry for kinda throwing a wrench into the day...but you guys made me feel better, Im doing ok, rather sore but otherwise just fine, it looks like I'll be home a lot more, as I have no way of going anywhere now but thats ok, now I have plenty of time to work on costumes ^_^...Im really praying that the next gathering will go much better, thanks for making me feel welcome though.

peachrin
12-19-2004, 11:37 AM
whee...it was so much fun yesterday. no matter how much the costume sagged because of link's humongous fake boobs! :p
i'm glad i could finally come to another gathering. <333 yay.
we should try to do something next month, maybe?
i can't think of anything i'm doing in january.
except...january stuff. which is never important.
so yeah, it was super fun! and standing by the side of the road and being stared at was pretty good too. :p

and yay! i'm so glad you're all right, nixxer! :D

Chukkie
12-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Sorry I couldn't go :sulk: . I had work to do for the holidays and the manager's wouldn't give me the day off :blubber: . anybody take pictures so that I can see all the fun I missed? :confused: Nixx, what happed to your car? did you have a wreck or something?

Star_Angel
12-20-2004, 10:22 AM
hey, I just wanted to let you guys know I made it home safely and to thank everyone for staying with me after my accident, Im really sorry for kinda throwing a wrench into the day...but you guys made me feel better, Im doing ok, rather sore but otherwise just fine, it looks like I'll be home a lot more, as I have no way of going anywhere now but thats ok, now I have plenty of time to work on costumes ^_^...Im really praying that the next gathering will go much better, thanks for making me feel welcome though.
Oh *hugs* are you ok? I didnt get to go on sat. because of work so Im really glad that everyone had a great time! *wish's she could have gone* but darnet I will come to the next one! lol.

Tohma
12-21-2004, 10:45 AM
It was nice meeting everyone and I'm sorry I had to jet so early. But me, night driving, and unfamiliar roads are not a good combination. But now that I know the route I should be able to stay longer next time ^_^

Glad to hear you are doing okay Nixxer.

Hope everyone has a great holiday and hopefully I'll see you all at the next meet up or Katsucon, which ever comes first. ^_^