PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Senshi?

D-Chan
11-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Okay I know there was at least TWO sailor senshi last year at Dragon con 2004 because someone showed me pictures but I was wondering if there would be anymore for sure.
I know I am for sure going as Eterenal Mars and possibly a tag along Jupiter and Venus and/or Moon.

Toastersix
11-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Yes! I'm going as Eternal Sailor Moon, Princess Serenity, and Usagi's Wedding Dress!

Tia
11-30-2004, 08:58 PM
If I had somebody to model it, I'd make one. And let them have it, you know in lieu of modeling fees. I don't know if I have time for that this summer. Perhaps.

D-Chan
11-30-2004, 09:38 PM
NANI!
You are going as Eternal Sailor Moon! *mad tackle* There is a God! Oh please oh please! We must meet there! If I'm lucky... I just need to convince one more person and we would have all the inners!!!!!!
I'm missing a Sailor Mercury and my venus is kinda like.. Hmmm... I'll tell you for sure in May

Tia
11-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Why is she iffy on it?

Kandascending
12-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Hmmmm...sad as this is coming from a mainly crossplayer...I've always wanted to cosplay one of the Sailors. Probably Sailor Uranus, if I have time I'd so make this costume and show up at DragonCon in it...if nothing else then just to frighten the crap out of my friends. Dang you now I'm probably going to do it....>< Ah well...Sailor Scouts Assemble! <wanders off to find pictures and fabric>

Tia
12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Ooh. Uranus is a badass.

D-Chan
12-01-2004, 02:18 PM
*evil grin* The senshi must assemble at Dragon*Con! I command it because everyone knows Sailor Mars should be the leader! Hahaha. Just joking.
Actually as far as what I talked with Tasuki about Dragon Con WILL have an Eternal Sailor Moon, Mars, Jupiter... and ?version? of Sailor Saturn
Possibly...... Chibi Usa... Helios.... and Endymion... Is that right?
My venus is iffy because well... she's not sure she wants to spend the money need for the costume.
Oh Yotan you must!! You absolutely must!

(I'm probably going as Princess Mars now too. ^^;;;)

Tia
12-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Ah. I believe... I could probably make it for her, for not too much, as long as she told people I did it. You know, labor for free advertising and such. That'd give me something to work on this spring.

D-Chan
12-01-2004, 02:34 PM
General price and I'll pitch her the idea. After all my mother is doing (with my help) mine and Jupiter's costume. Depends on if you make a better offer then my mother would for her.

Tia
12-01-2004, 03:14 PM
I would do it at cost, depending on how long she'd wear it at the convention. Cost is approximately 100 for a sailor scout, I believe. That wouldn't include boots or accessories, though, she'd have to get them somewhere else. I despise boot covers. I have to check on a few fabric prices, though, and it might be a little more if I can't get the 4-way stretch on sale. Otherwise, if she wanted to buy the fabric herself and give it to me I'd be okay with that, too. I don't know if that's really feasible, though, because I am in north tampa in florida. She would have to wear it for at least a full day at the convention, though.

Kandascending
12-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Heehee alright, add Sailor Uranus to your list, I'm doing it. It's a good excuse to scare the large majority of my friends, which is always a plus for a costume. ^_^

D-Chan
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Yey! So that is what... Ura, Jep, Moo, Mar, Chi, and Sat for sure! Yey! I'll remind tasuki just incase she hasn't been here since you've decided! *does the happy Sailor Mars dance* Go Mars it's your birthday- You gotta Uranus for your con day.
XD
Happiness. (I mean can you blame me it was original suppose to -edit: be- just me! Then I was nuts about being lucky enough to have a Jupiter!)

Tia
12-02-2004, 03:14 PM
One thing. I've gotten another commission request so it'd be cutting it close to do this Venus. I will still try, though. Let me know if she is willing first, though, because if she isn't I will go ahead and take the other commission.

D-Chan
12-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Go ahead and take the other comission because even if I tell her my Venus will take forever and a day to decide. ^_~ It was a nice idea though. Thank you for the offer.

Tia
12-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Okay. You're welcome. Wish I could've done it and not been horribly stressed out. Ah well. Maybe next time.

Kandascending
12-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Hey D-chan, what would you say if I told you I might have a Sailor Pluto with me? She said she was going to think about it since she's already done her before. ^_^

D-Chan
12-02-2004, 07:39 PM
I would say I don't think I have enough money to buy that much film. Wonder how many pictures so many senshi in one spot would inspire, you should have seen the Halo group they just stood there talkinga nd everyone was like. "STRIKE A POSE MAD-HALO-ONA." XD I almost got run over by the head Halo guy when I tried to stop him for a picture. (I didn't realize what they were doing to do at the time)

Tia
12-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Pluto always was my favorite. ^_^

Kandascending
12-02-2004, 08:15 PM
LOL! I know how that is. I remember them, that was insane. The elven archers were the same way, caused a LOT of ruckus. At one point someone got the bright idea to stand on the stairs and they were stuck there for literally at least half an hour for pictures.

Yes, with Sailor Moon being on of the best known animes out there, I bet there are a bajillion pictures taken. EVERYONE knows Sailor Moon. ^_^ I gotta make sure to include comfy shoes in this costume. Which reminds me..I wonder if the Man-Moon will be coming back. ><

D-Chan
12-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Man-moon? Who's that?

Tia
12-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Oh God not the sailor Bubbas...

D-Chan
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Uh. Nevermind I looked it up. XD It was funny for about five seconds. Then it was woah.

sekhmet67
12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
I perhaps may remake my Pluto for Dragon con.....I still have most of the peices from my original Pluto, so I don't think it would be too hard, and I now know where to find a long deep green wig. Plus I've been wanting on and off to do it again, since its fun and the senshi turnout has been dropping over the years, sadly enough. And I've always wanted to do more big group cosplay, b/c the few times I've tried, it has bombed out, leaving like two of us in costume. Sad sad. If only I knew of this site back then!

Oh yeah....I'm making the staff (rather, remaking the topper, since I have the staff) so Yotan - You must make the sword, dammit. It would be badass AND easy *nod* And then they'd be multi chicks in short skirts with weaponry :D

Anyways....I was Pluto a few years back at DC, if any of you remember seeing me. I know how to sew better, and my physique has changed a bit, so if I do it....I'm remaking it *nod*
D-chan, your icon makes me wanna find the episode of Drak Mercury. She looks soooooooo cool! :bigtu:

D-Chan
12-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah! It will be fun! Can't wait to see you all there! Dark Mercury Rules! DARK POWER MAKE UP!

sekhmet67
12-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Sorry, I just thought of something....what versions should we all be trying for? I'm still fond of Pluto's regular fuku, since I don't have to make the stripes, but I could potentially try for another. I like her other versions

Ack, I'm getting ahead of myself XD Down girl......
Anyways, as long as I'm getting ahead of myself, what color do you think her bows are? I generally choose to say dark burgandy/brown red (cuz I like that color O.o;;;), but they are almost brown really. It popped in my head since I saw nice brown satin for a decent price yesterday, and if it is the general consensus that they are brown, perhaps I should grab some. Brown is hard to find in satin. Hmmm.......

sekhmet67
12-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Sorry, I just thought of something....what versions should we all be trying for? I'm still fond of Pluto's regular fuku, since I don't have to make the stripes, but I could potentially try for another. I like her other versions

Ack, I'm getting ahead of myself XD Down girl......
Anyways, as long as I'm getting ahead of myself, what color do you think her bows are? I generally choose to say dark burgandy/brown red (cuz I like that color O.o;;;), but they are almost brown really. It popped in my head since I saw nice brown satin for a decent price yesterday, and if it is the general consensus that they are brown, perhaps I should grab some. Brown is hard to find in satin. Hmmm.......
Damn....I should remember to read before posting. So most are doing eternals, eh? Solves the bow prob at least, hehehe.
I'll prolly do a Sailor Pluto. No promises yet, but I really really enjor the sailor costumes. *sigh* my first love......

D-Chan
12-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Doesn't have to be the same form. I just convinced my friend into being an eternal and Tasuki is already one.

Kandascending
12-26-2004, 04:37 AM
Hee, D-Chaaaaaaan...I've got another person to add to the list. I found myself a Sailor Neptune. ^_^ Must begin work on the costume and sword sometime after Katsucon....Woot.

D-Chan
12-26-2004, 12:45 PM
YEY! Hey if you have any ideas for a song drop by the link I sent you and let us know. I've been throwing ideas back and forth with the Moon. XD
I started my tiara! ^_^ So yey!

Tia
12-26-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm wondering, is your Neptune MisatoNpenpen? Because I saw her do a christmas Neptune outfit recently and I know she's into Neptune. Just wondering, cause I kinda know her.

Kandascending
12-30-2004, 01:48 AM
No, I don't think so. It's a friend of mine that decided she wanted to do a Sailor Scout cosplay with me. I don't know if she's on the board or not. I should really find that out...

sekhmet67
12-31-2004, 11:42 AM
YEY! Hey if you have any ideas for a song drop by the link I sent you and let us know. I've been throwing ideas back and forth with the Moon. XD
I started my tiara! ^_^ So yey!

Its not exactly anime SM, but there was a kicking Sera Myu song called 'making for the right' (I think?). Its more of an outer song though. Otherwise, I guess my favorite song from the series is Moon Revenge. Its just a bit long (I'm shy...*blush*)

Tia
12-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Okies. Just wondering, cause Dragon*Con is kinda close to home for me. I haven't decided what I'm going to cosplay for it, myself. I probably won't do much, though, since I might be working a table. Same with JACON. I'll try to at least say hi to you guys at the con, though.

Rave
01-14-2005, 02:50 PM
I found out about you guys through Merry...er...heh the one Cosplaying Sailor Uranus, and I would LOVE to add myself to the roster if you didn't mind.

The only problem being...I was planning on Eternal Sailor Mars ;_; and I saw that the girl who posted in the beginning is going to do that too.

Tia
01-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, there's pretty much three ways this could go:

1. You cosplay the character at the con, but aren't in the group. You still probably would take pictures with them. This is probably the least wanted option by all.

2. You have two Mars'. It might be weird if Mars is the only duplicate, though. Sometimes groups have doubles, but it's usually not just one character. Typically it would be several.

3. Cosplay a different character? I know you might have your heart set on Mars, but there are a few other similar characters. I believe Phobos and Deimos had scout forms, there are the sailor asteroids (and one of them is red-themed like Mars), Sailor Kakyuu, or Galaxia in either of her forms. If you do one of the sailor asteroids (amazon quartet's healed scout forms), you'd probably need the other three, though.

Just playing some devil's advocate here. Remember, I'm an innocent bystander. Please don't shoot me up with arrows.

buvixen
01-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Perhaps the costumes in my sig will make an appearance.. it's VERY far away, but its pictures were the ones that initially got me into cosplay. The movie-themed kind, which is probably much harder than anime (depending on the costume) :)

Rave
01-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, there's pretty much three ways this could go:

1. You cosplay the character at the con, but aren't in the group. You still probably would take pictures with them. This is probably the least wanted option by all.

2. You have two Mars'. It might be weird if Mars is the only duplicate, though. Sometimes groups have doubles, but it's usually not just one character. Typically it would be several.

3. Cosplay a different character? I know you might have your heart set on Mars, but there are a few other similar characters. I believe Phobos and Deimos had scout forms, there are the sailor asteroids (and one of them is red-themed like Mars), Sailor Kakyuu, or Galaxia in either of her forms. If you do one of the sailor asteroids (amazon quartet's healed scout forms), you'd probably need the other three, though.

Just playing some devil's advocate here. Remember, I'm an innocent bystander. Please don't shoot me up with arrows.

True, I could go as someone else, I may just go and take pictures with the lot and roam about, i've got my own group going, one having a costume, one not, so we wouldn't be able to stick with the group anyway. I'd still like to keep in contact though, and see if maybe AWA or next year might work better, with maybe me in a different costume. :D

D-Chan
01-14-2005, 07:50 PM
How about you just buy some galaxia bracelets and go as evil ESMars? I know it's far reaching but I really don't care about having a double but if you really must... *shrug* People will be able to tell the difference. I'm sure you're no where near as naturally short as me.

D-Chan
01-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh and BTW looks like I might woo my friend over to the side of the senshi as a Venus after all... but I don't know which form.

Hikaruchan
01-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Since I didn't get to wear it last year, probably will be Princess Saturn sometime during the con. Also hoping to be a villian from SM if I have the time to finish things up, maybe I can menace you all.

Morbid Angel
01-19-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm considering Sailor Saturn at Nan Desu Kon...

B Girl
01-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm definitly your guys venus!

Rave
01-28-2005, 04:19 PM
It's been decided, i'm going as Sailor Phobos! Just need a Deimos!

D-Chan
01-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Cool! See you there! ^_^

Toastersix
01-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Duuude. *_*

I should check the boards more! This is turning out fabulously! I can't believe there's going to be such a SM turnout at D*C.

And Hikaruchan, I'd very much be up for some villain/senshi action shots. ^_^

Oh yeah, I'm the one going as Eternal Sailor Moon. (Among other forms..)

sekhmet67
01-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Woot, we WILL have a good turnout. And I still have no doubles :D Huzzah for me.

Here's hoping the list coninues to grow. The more we get, the more impressive it is, me thinks.

Rave
01-29-2005, 04:39 PM
anybody have a set day they plan on wearing theirs?? I know this sounds stupid, but for some reason, I always end up wearing the wrong costume on the wrong day and missing the crowd ((stupid hogwarts people should know it was on sunday! >.<!! lol))

I plan on wearing mine on Friday before the Night at Bree where i'll be an Elf partially.

anyone else plan on that day? I know it's somewhat too soon, but i'm one of those people if I don't plan now, it'll be too late by the time D*C rolls around.

Toastersix
01-29-2005, 08:18 PM
anybody have a set day they plan on wearing theirs?? I know this sounds stupid, but for some reason, I always end up wearing the wrong costume on the wrong day and missing the crowd ((stupid hogwarts people should know it was on sunday! >.<!! lol))

I plan on wearing mine on Friday before the Night at Bree where i'll be an Elf partially.

anyone else plan on that day? I know it's somewhat too soon, but i'm one of those people if I don't plan now, it'll be too late by the time D*C rolls around.

I will be some various form of Sailor Moon all weekend, but I was planning on wearing Super Sailor Moon when I arrive. Saturday will be my Eternal Sailor Moon day and Sunday I'll probably wear Princess Serenity. ^^

D-Chan
01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Friday Student Rei Hino and Saturday ESMars. That's about it. XD

Hikaruchan
01-29-2005, 09:37 PM
Friday would be a good day for me as long as I can get it off work, hopefully this will make me complete Neherenia

Figure half of Saturday will be Dawn, and whatever I dress for the anime contest if still Saturday morning

Sunday might be DragonLance, maybe - our group kinda started forming then grew disfunctional fast

Rave
01-30-2005, 02:46 PM
hrm, i may want to do mine on saturday then. the only problem being, i'm going to be in the parade with the LotR folks so i'd have to do half and half that day.

Kandascending
02-01-2005, 08:53 PM
hrm, i may want to do mine on saturday then. the only problem being, i'm going to be in the parade with the LotR folks so i'd have to do half and half that day.

First of all STEPH! <tackleglompage!> Yea! Secondly, yeah...the parade...^_^ I was going to do the parade as Merry and switch out after it. As long as the costume contest isn't so freaking EARLY. Honestly, who puts that at 11 in the morning?! >< <was talked into entering the anime costume contest as Uranus anyway>

Everyone just name a time and place and BAM! I'll be there all glittery and with much Shojo bubblage. As long as it doesn't interefere with the Evening at Bree, the parade or the time I'm stuck at the AoME table....Yeah. Heh.

B Girl
02-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Guess I'll wear esvenus saturday then :)

Rave
02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
First of all STEPH! <tackleglompage!> Yea! Secondly, yeah...the parade...^_^ I was going to do the parade as Merry and switch out after it. As long as the costume contest isn't so freaking EARLY. Honestly, who puts that at 11 in the morning?! >< <was talked into entering the anime costume contest as Uranus anyway>

Everyone just name a time and place and BAM! I'll be there all glittery and with much Shojo bubblage. As long as it doesn't interefere with the Evening at Bree, the parade or the time I'm stuck at the AoME table....Yeah. Heh.

MERRY! *shmoogles!* w00t!! Saturday it is then...hey..anyone interested in doing like our LotR group is doing, and starting our own board?

well, I should ask first, anyone planning on doing this next year? Me and my husband do Dragon*Con anually, so we'll be there every year, so I think if we set this up right, we could all make it an anual thing, NOT TO MENTION, possibly a spot in the parade?

I know that would be hard for you merry, but Stacy loves his part in it, and i always end up being 'random elf #687631354684' XD

AshleyV
02-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I will be attending with a Jupiter costume. I know for sure I will have my regular Sailor Jupiter Fuku done and possible Sera Myu finished. I know Saturday evening is the Dawn contest and I will be wearing that and whatever I wear for the anime costume contest as well.

B Girl
02-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Okay so I know d chan is gonna be eternal sailor mars and i'm gonna be eternal sailor venus. Our friend is going as es jupiter. Who is everyone else going to dragon con as? Do we have the whole group? Oh I'm sooooo excited! We'll all have to meet and go in together!

Rave
02-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Okay so I know d chan is gonna be eternal sailor mars and i'm gonna be eternal sailor venus. Our friend is going as es jupiter. Who is everyone else going to dragon con as? Do we have the whole group? Oh I'm sooooo excited! We'll all have to meet and go in together!

Sailor Phobos, but with a costume I designed to replicate the Solar Senshi fuku

B Girl
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Is there a eternal mercury going?

Ichigo_Kurosaki
03-24-2005, 07:34 PM
I unwillingly will be made go as Sailor Saturn so I'm working hard on matching the part or else I don't get my money.

Toastersix
03-24-2005, 08:13 PM

I'm your Odango. :3

Kandascending
03-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Is there a eternal mercury going?

Yeah, I've talked a friend of mine into being Eternal Mercury. If she's going...well of course she's going, who wastes 60 bucks and doesn't go? Heh.

I'm doing ESUranus, and Steph! Guess what! Pip's doing ESNeptune!

I get to make all three costumes. Joy.

Toastersix
03-29-2005, 02:28 PM
Omg this rocks. Does this mean... we have a full cast of Senshi? I can, with a little pursuasion, fill 1 or 2 empty senshi slots. ^_^

rainyday
03-29-2005, 04:03 PM
i think tasukichan has managed to recruit me to fill in any empty space. i might be chibimoon. or if you still need a deimos that would be awesome, but i have not read the manga so i don't really know deimos that well. :(. it's all still up in the air but...yea...

EDIT: you guys still need some more villians!! i could totally do the sailor chaos costume (yes i know that's not really what she's called but what should she be called? galaxia completely overtaken?) hahaha (is laughing at her sudden realization that, duh, rainyday can't sew!! w00t!! i love when i come up with impossible ideas. ugh.)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
03-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Deletey post ^_^

Toastersix
03-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Anyone need A Sailor Saturn in a group and I also know somebody going as Sailor Tin something I forgot

YES, actually! I am uncertain that our Saturn will be going, so that would be GREAT! And Tin Nynako would be awesome!!!

D-Chan
03-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Okay so between everything I'm just gonna recap since we have so many who is going as what shooting back and forth. (Hope I'm not sounding ebil to anyone)

Groups (I'm just listing by the people who I spoke to):
Tasuki: Seiya, Moon
D-Chan (myself XD): Venus, Mars
Yotan: Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Mercury

Coming:
Rave as Sailor Phobos!

From the Groups and MAYBE coming:
Tasuki's Helios &/or Chibimoon
D-Chan's Jupiter

Coming but unsure as who.
***rainday chibimoon? Sailor Chaos? Deimos?

Coming but I haven't IMed. XD
---Someone (linkthehero knows) as Tin Nynako
---Linkthehero as Saturn---
---AshleyV as Jupiter---

Maybe Coming as...
????Hikaruchan as Princess Saturn and Neherenia???

NOT YET FOUND:
Taiki and Yaten
Princess/Sailor Kakyuu
Endymion

On a side note about the starlights: I might have some guys here who might go as the starlights... Uh... normal not sailor. ^^;

This is just what I pulled from the board and what I personally know. It is just reference for everyone who doesn't want to read through the rest of the board.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
well Tin Nynako might go,but not be in the group`~`

rainyday
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
i'll be with tasuki in whatever i finally decide. i'm really liking the sailor chaos idea...

Quinn
05-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Okay so between everything I'm just gonna recap since we have so many who is going as what shooting back and forth. (Hope I'm not sounding ebil to anyone)

Groups (I'm just listing by the people who I spoke to):
Tasuki: Seiya, Moon
D-Chan (myself XD): Venus, Mars
Yotan: Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Mercury

Coming:
Rave as Sailor Phobos!

From the Groups and MAYBE coming:
Tasuki's Helios &/or Chibimoon
D-Chan's Jupiter

Coming but unsure as who.
***rainday chibimoon? Sailor Chaos? Deimos?

Coming but I haven't IMed. XD
---Someone (linkthehero knows) as Tin Nynako
---Linkthehero as Saturn---
---AshleyV as Jupiter---

Maybe Coming as...
????Hikaruchan as Princess Saturn and Neherenia???

NOT YET FOUND:
Taiki and Yaten
Princess/Sailor Kakyuu
Endymion

On a side note about the starlights: I might have some guys here who might go as the starlights... Uh... normal not sailor. ^^;

This is just what I pulled from the board and what I personally know. It is just reference for everyone who doesn't want to read through the rest of the board.

Do you have a Luna in mind??? if not would you like a Human Luna to join you?

Kandascending
05-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Ah-haha...I'm not quite sure but I do believe that our Pluto has decided not to do the cosplay. She says she still might do it but yeah. ^_^

Just so we know we're down a Pluto.

D-Chan
05-11-2005, 07:31 PM
http://nesoul.mysticalbay.com/illusion/dragoncon2005.html

Alrighty, I made a page that is easier to update since it is getting closer to dragon con. I'm also going to add a counter there soon! ^^ So enjoy. Glad to have a Human luna! ^^

*whisper* Sqqquuuueeeee Can't wait to see the costumes.

Quinn
05-11-2005, 08:07 PM

Alrighty, I made a page that is easier to update since it is getting closer to dragon con. I'm also going to add a counter there soon! ^^ So enjoy. Glad to have a Human luna! ^^

Do you guys still need a Pluto also I have an idea :jjacks:

Quinn
05-11-2005, 08:08 PM

BTW thanks for adding me ^^

B Girl
05-15-2005, 09:52 AM
I have a friend who wants to go so do are we missing any senshi?

-Minako

D-Chan
06-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Okay I need to make one or to slight changes to the file but now that we have such a big group are we going to do a photoshoot because that was pretty much the idea? ^^;;;;

But since the events are pretty much still in the waterwork for D*C and I know I plan to go to some... do we want to hold off timing it? And in which hotel would we want to meet. Any suggestions or ideas?

Rave
06-02-2005, 01:21 PM
well, i've found that having a definite time and place helps. Arms of Middle Earth group had much success with that last year, though I couldn't make it, and I think it would do us some good if we all knew exactly when and where. I think Saturday was a general agreement for what day, is everyone still cool with that?

I know i'll be in the parade saturday morning in my LotR get-up, maybe not, as i'm not to enthused about doing it AGAIN this year, so there's a possibility i'll be going all day Saturday in my Eternal Sailor Phobos costume.

However, I also know there's the costume contest right? which is earlier? What if we said Saturday and then like 5 o'clock in the evening. People will still be buzzing about and we'll have plenty of photo-op chances, and I think 5 would clear all of us from any pre-shows/parade's earlier that morning.

Anyone willing to put a bug in Eurobeatking's ear about this? I'd like a confirmation that there will be an "official" photographer if we've got tons of people coming.

D-Chan
06-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Okay I PMed EBK ^^; I feel like a ring leader.

Okay we'll say 5 o'clock for now just so people can have something to say and people can speak up later about that if that is a bad thing or interfers with another competition if that arises. Lemme update the page and I'll also put it in my signature so anyone visiting this thread can find the Senshi Photoshoot page easy! ^^

Photoshoot Information ~~HERE~~ (http://nesoul.mysticalbay.com/illusion/dragoncon2005.html)

Rave
06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Okay I PMed EBK ^^; I feel like a ring leader.

Okay we'll say 5 o'clock for now just so people can have something to say and people can speak up later about that if that is a bad thing or interfers with another competition if that arises. Lemme update the page and I'll also put it in my signature so anyone visiting this thread can find the Senshi Photoshoot page easy! ^^

Photoshoot Information ~~HERE~~ (http://nesoul.mysticalbay.com/illusion/dragoncon2005.html)

Good Idea. Yeah, D*C has a habit of changing things around at the last minute, and I don't most of what people want to do sat. is in the morning.

D-Chan
06-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Just updating on the photography information.

EBK replied to me that he would try his best to take our pictures but that Dragon*Con is full so I checked out camera equip I had at home.
It's not professional photographer material but it's an above average camera. So I'll just con my mother into showing up on Saturday take our pictures and I'll dish out the cash to get the pictures on cd. (It's pretty bloody cheap at wal-mart as far as I know) I'll also get her to take pictures with her digital camera, and a disposable I'll probably pick up.

Not to mention we might have people interested enough in Sailor Moon and a somewhat complete senshi cast enough to take pictures and maybe even post them here for us. So anyone else want to dish in for photos just to make sure we don't miss a thing?

Hikaruchan
06-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I might have to skip, as I would have to start getting ready for the Dawn contest that night. Think all Dawns have to be ready to go by 6:30, so with walking back to hotel sharing then Dawn prep time and then walking back from another hotel then reprep whatever wind messed up would be cutting it a little too close. Possibly gathering an hour earlier at 4 would be a suggestion, as I know at least 2 other people with SM costumes who plan to be in the Dawn contest also.

D-Chan
06-24-2005, 11:01 PM
^-~ Okay time wasn't a set thing anyway, 4 it is. If anyone else has event clashing issues speak up now or forever hold your peace.

Shoot time changed to 4 pm.

stargate_84
06-26-2005, 12:13 AM
I'll be going as Eternal Sailor Jupiter and I think my friend is going as Sailor Mars ( not sure though). I'll be there all week since my mom is in the art show. I'll be in the shoot if you still need a Jupiter!!

Jenn

sekhmet67
06-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I think its been mentioned, but I'm probably not doing it now (I was the pluto).....It boils down to the wig being kind of expensive and not very reusable (as well as having crap sewing time this summer) :| Also, a few personal reasons. Uhm, if someone wants to try, you may be able to talk me into it again, as I've been flip flopping on doing it since like late April.

D-Chan
06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Okay I've updated the page again. So far we have 2 duplicates Uranus and Jupiter but we have a full senshi cast minus Chibi Moon.

I highlights senshi names in blue that I wasn't sure what form they were coming as.

I remain to get in contact with stargate and Linkthehero for senshi information on people that said they were coming. Has anyone who said they might show up decided on something yet? Just so I can update the list and get a better idea of the photoshoot cast.

AshleyV
06-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I will be Super Sailor Jupiter. I brought this question up to D-chan last night so I figure I would just get it out there. Is anyone already doing something for the parade? If not would anyone like to do something for the parade?

Kandascending
07-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I know Rave and I are supposed to be in the Arms of Middle Earth group for the parade...but I don't know about anyone else. ^_^

D-Chan
07-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Alrighty senshi! Assemble. Get in contact with me within the next month and a half to *please* let me know if the scheduled time and place are good for you.

We can photoshoot group wise in center of the hall after meeting at the help desk? And later we can do smaller groups or indiviual shots at the bar if they let us. Sound good?

As for the parade. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might end up being with the pern track if they do anything. ^_~ I'll update when I get some more news.

Photoshoot page information once again updated.

RachelRene
07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
I am going as Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon-style Venus and my little 13-year-old sister is going as Sailor ChibiMoon. ^_^

D-Chan
07-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Excellent! ^^ I'll update the page this weekend I'm kinda at work right now. XD

AshleyV
07-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Is there any way that the photoshoot could be either earlier or later? The Star Wars costume contest is set to be at the same time.

D-Chan
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Um would anyone have objects to it being at 2?

D-Chan
07-30-2005, 10:46 AM
I'd like a yay or nay on this one because it's sort of a big time jump. Do people agree or disagree to having the photo shoot moved up?

AshleyV
07-30-2005, 04:00 PM
I have no objections.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
07-30-2005, 05:40 PM
yay on the photoshoot,I'll be doing Helios for the shoot as well

D-Chan
07-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Note: The time is still currently under debate.

I have 2 yays for having the shoot at 2:00. Just drop by and let me know what you think as the month progresses. The cut off for the final time decision will be August 24 is that good? (Btw, no chance of me being a moonie at the parade I'm Pottertized.)

Also... the photoshoot page is again updated. Clickie and lookie. (http://nesoul.mysticalbay.com/illusion/dragoncon2005.html)

Tyrus
08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey there,

I just read back through the thread, and didn't see anything definite. Do you still need/want a photographer for the shoot?

D-Chan
08-02-2005, 04:54 PM
YES! Please. PM me if you mean for yourself or someone you know.

Quinn
08-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I'll be going as Eternal Sailor Jupiter and I think my friend is going as Sailor Mars ( not sure though). I'll be there all week since my mom is in the art show. I'll be in the shoot if you still need a Jupiter!!

Jenn

Yes we need a Jupiter Your my Jupiter!!! *hug hug* I cant wait!!! :heart:

Toastersix
08-02-2005, 09:57 PM
0_0 Wow, this photoshoot is going to be teh roxorz. The list of senshi that I'm dragging along to the con is still pending, however. I'll keep you guys posted. ^^;

Nurikochan
08-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm going as Eternal Venus. I'll be with Tasuki the entire con, so, yeah!^^

Kiante
08-19-2005, 10:04 PM
I would love to be a sailor scout, but dont have time this year to make a costume nor the money to buy one. But soon, it shall be mine!!!

Even better, Sailor Galaxia

Quinn
08-20-2005, 01:27 AM
I'm going as Eternal Venus. I'll be with Tasuki the entire con, so, yeah!^^

Can't wait to meet and see you both there ^__^v :)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
08-24-2005, 10:45 AM
I won't be going this year sorry T_T

D-Chan
08-24-2005, 11:27 AM
The list of people is as follows and I'm not changing it anymore. It's to close to D*C to matter.

Groups
Tasuki w/ Seiya, ESMoon, Uranus, ESVenus
D-Chan w/ ESMars, ESVenus
Yotan w/ ESUranus, ESNeptune, ESMercury

Solos
Rave as (original) Eternal Sailor Phobos
AshleyV as SSJupiter
Quinn as ESPluto
stargate_84 as ESJupiter vbmenu_register("postmenu_1089290", true);

Unsures
rainday as chibimoon? Sailor Chaos? Deimos?
Someone as Tin Nynako?
Tasuki's Helios?
Hikaruchan as Princess Saturn and Neherenia

Duplicates
Uranus???, Jupiter (but not in form)

If you want to join us... jump in! ^^ We welcome anyone for the shoot.

THE PHOTOSHOOT HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE MARRIOT FOR THE SAKE OF ACTUALLY DOING IT. If you show up to the Hyatt *you are in the wrong spot* Last year, my friend reminded me, that security tended to break up photoshoots at the Hyatt so it's going ot be at the Marriot. Have I said it enough? So anyway....

Dragon*Con 2005

Sailor Senshi Photo Shoot
Organized By the Illusion Senshi
Saturday - 2 PM - Sept. 3rd
Hotel Lobby - Marriot Marquis
Photographer : Tyrus

Tyrus
08-24-2005, 09:15 PM
We might want to specify where in the marriot. Personally, I'd recommend the upper of the 3 lobby floors, perhaps near the doors to the mall walkway as there will be less people. There's also a patio off that floor that I was going to recommend as a shoot location.

Any thoughts?

D-Chan
08-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I didn't remember the Marriott enough to specify but you are the photographer and I'll take your word its a good place. I'll look for it on Friday and try to pass word on from then.

Kandascending
08-24-2005, 10:28 PM
*cries* I've got some bad news...someone has trashed the three costumes I was working on for the photoshoot and now I have no time to go back and fix them!

*wails* Why oh why did this happen so close to the con?!

Kiante
08-25-2005, 02:41 PM
oh gosh! that sucks big time. How did that happen!!?

Kandascending
08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't know, I went out of town for Otakon, I come back and they're completely trashed.

I suspect my brother got pissed off for some stupid reason and distroyed them. Which sucks, cuz that was expensive fabric and a lot of painstakingwork. ><

I think he gave them to our dog as play toys. Sam likes to eat clothes.

Tyrus
09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Hiyas,

I put up the photos I took from the Senshi shoot:

http://www.pbase.com/tyrus/senshi2005

D-Chan
09-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Can we just say how much we love you? ^_^ Thank you for the awesome pictures *saves* ... *mumble* my preciousssssss

Kiante
09-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Perhaps next year I can join in the fun :D

Hikaruchan
09-15-2005, 05:14 AM
I just finished uploading all the Sailor Moon related pics I took at DragonCon at http://www.icosplay.com/dragon2k5/dc05p1.html

B Girl
09-15-2005, 07:04 AM
they look great hikaruchan!

B Girl
09-15-2005, 07:05 AM
oh thank you thank you, tyrus! you did a great job!