PDA

View Full Version : Anizona! You going?

Soran
11-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Just seeing who's all going to Anizona! ARIZONA'S FIRST ANIME CONVENTION!!! www.anizona.org
If you're going, let me know who as!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm going to Anizona and I'll be going as Kurumi from Steel angel kurumi, or Sheena from Tales of Symphonia, or Collette from Tales of Symphonia...

TTYL!
-Soran

Soran
11-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Come on guys! I know more than just me and my cosplay group is going to anizona!

Yana_Neko
11-28-2004, 12:59 AM
I might attend. It really depends on who is going with me :P Arizona is a bit of a drive for me, after all.

Tenshi
11-28-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm probably going, and I don't know what costumes I'm bringing other than Rosette. Hopefully I'll have either Kaitou Jeanne or Deedlit done so I can wear a new costume ^^.

Soran
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
cool! :) I'm excited... I wish more people would post here though...

layerD
12-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I am going. I have a few costumes that I am planning on bringing and planning on making...go to cosplaylab.com to see them...I'm not exactly sure what I am going as and if I am going to join any groups. At least I have found a room ^^

Chibi Ice Wolf
12-11-2004, 02:48 AM
Wheee! An Anizona Thread! I already registered, and am really looking foward to going!! Bakery Chii, Puchiko from DiGi Charat and a group thing for me.

Yana_Neko - you better go and wear the Shuichi banana suit I see in your gallery!! XD

layerD - Yay! I wanna see you do those Rei figurine costumes! So cuuuute!

Minazuki
12-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Hee, catchy con name. I would go but I'll be busy those days...

Eurobeat King
12-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Friends have asked me to go to Anizona, and I'll think about it. :) Fortunately, it doesn't conflict with any conventions, since it's the weekend after Reccacon (local Bay-Area con) and 2 weeks before Sakuracon (Seattle, WA) So I'll look into it and have a decision by mid-February. ;)

Suzushichan
12-11-2004, 01:32 PM
maybe...

~suzushi :cool:

if so...I might wear Testament...

Mucai
12-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I might go.

I'm over there for Anime Detour and SakuraCon, no idea what to do in between. Anizona is in between...

Soran
12-16-2004, 05:26 PM
yay! Awesome! There's going to be some awesome cosplayers!!!

Samurai_Yuna
12-28-2004, 11:30 AM
I'm aiming for Anime OverDose, but I dunno if I want to go to AniZona

Eurobeat King
01-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I booked my room today, so that's onestepcloser to going to Anizona. :) I'll probably get my airline tickets either late February or early March, so I'll reply again when I eventually get them..

layerD
01-09-2005, 05:44 PM
layerD - Yay! I wanna see you do those Rei figurine costumes! So cuuuute!

I hope so too! Hopefully, I will have an Eva group. But, I doubt that. My friend is going as Asuka in her sun dress, and if Chi and Sabie do the firgurine costumes then I'll have 3 Asukas! >< What will I do will all those Asukas?! I wish I had a Shinji :(

mindlesss
01-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I already registered, cant wait. I will be going as Vash the stampede or as Naruto if i finish it in time most likley as Vash though.

kujaeidolon
01-10-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm going too! I'm taking Ky, Ban Mido and Rufus Shinra, at the very least...I may take more.

I'm really excited about it!

layerD
01-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I can't wait to see your guys costumes ^^

mindlesss
01-11-2005, 12:26 AM
I can't wait to see your guys costumes ^^
what are u going as layerD

layerD
01-11-2005, 06:42 PM
what are u going as layerD

Currently, I am planning on bringing my Juri costume, my Miho Karasuma costume, and my Rei costume. I am not sure if I want to bring Momiji yet. I am planning on making a Kish(Tokyo Mew Mew) costume, a Rei costume(http://www.infrasignal.com/lab/13341-73294.jpg), a Setsuna costume(Not exactly sure...) and a Ai costume(Mini Moni...from the movie). I think that's it...I really need to sit down and compile a list.

Natchan
01-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I might be able to make it, I think it would be awsome to go to their first convention. I went to Vegas's first con last year and I'm going again this Year. Animevegas.com if you'd like to read more. ;)

layerD
01-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I might be able to make it, I think it would be awsome to go to their first convention. I went to Vegas's first con last year and I'm going again this Year. Animevegas.com if you'd like to read more. ;)

Yeah, I think it's a neat experience. In future years you can be all like, "Yeah, I went to AnimeVegas 1 or AniZona 01." And people will be all like, "Wow, cool." Okay, that sounds alot like AMV Ninja in the Night...lol

kujaeidolon
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
All I have to say it's about time Arizona got a convention. I'm damn tired of going to California every three months for a convention ^^;

layerD
01-13-2005, 06:07 PM
All I have to say it's about time Arizona got a convention. I'm damn tired of going to California every three months for a convention ^^;
Yeah, it is long overdue! I can't wait ><*

layerD
01-13-2005, 06:17 PM
I booked my room today, so that's onestepcloser to going to Anizona. :) I'll probably get my airline tickets either late February or early March, so I'll reply again when I eventually get them..

Are you going to be taking pictures at AniZona? I looked up your pictures and was amazed to see you have TONS of pictures!! I'd love to be able to see a ton of AniZona pictures ^^ Hope to see you there!

chaipnai
01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I might go. My spring break is during the same time, so it all depends on where I'm at then.

Gainax Boy
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
So far, I'm set to drive down with a friend so it's looking pretty good for me at the moment. Nothing is finallized though but I really hope I can come and make it. ^_^

I hope so too! Hopefully, I will have an Eva group. But, I doubt that. My friend is going as Asuka in her sun dress, and if Chi and Sabie do the firgurine costumes then I'll have 3 Asukas! >< What will I do will all those Asukas?! I wish I had a Shinji :(

If I go, It would be an honor to join you guys ^_^ So Consider it done!

layerD
01-14-2005, 04:50 PM
So far, I'm set to drive down with a friend so it's looking pretty good for me at the moment. Nothing is finallized though but I really hope I can come and make it. ^_^

If I go, It would be an honor to join you guys ^_^ So Consider it done!

Okay ^^ Which costume?

Gainax Boy
01-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I would throw on my old Shinji costume of course ^_^

They don't call me Gainax Boy for nothing :)

Admin
01-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Cosplay.com is attending and I will be selling photoshoots for AniZona soon.

layerD
01-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I would throw on my old Shinji costume of course ^_^

They don't call me Gainax Boy for nothing :)

Sounds great ^^

Admin, that sounds great ^^ I'll have to look into it!

vyrax778
01-22-2005, 04:02 AM
im still debating as im barely making it to AX as it is.

yeah its like a couple hours from tucson but I dont know if I can afford it as far as driving back and forth each day or getting a room somewere.

Heart of Chaos
01-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Yay! Anizona! It shall be my first con and I'm already excited. Me, my sister, and her friend are all going together as Samurai Deeper Kyo cosplayers. I'll be Yukimura Sanada, my sister is Kyo, and her friend will be Benitora. Blah, and because neither of them have any skills at all when it comes to making anything I get to make 3 costumes with my meager sewing skills. Two months, 2 1/2 costumes to go, yeah, I have plenty of time. ^_^

Rogue Marvel
01-23-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm going to Anizona!

I'm on masqurade staff and can't wait!

kujaeidolon
01-23-2005, 10:16 PM
im still debating as im barely making it to AX as it is.

yeah its like a couple hours from tucson but I dont know if I can afford it as far as driving back and forth each day or getting a room somewere.

I don't know of a Tucson group going other than my own, and I think we're full...^^;;;;; we really need a way to get there and still have no clue as to HOW we're going to do it.

Eurobeat King
01-25-2005, 02:58 AM
As of now, there's a 60% chance I may not be attending Anizona, even though I still have my room reservation and originally said I would be going.. :lost: Even though it's the weekend after Reccacon, after that 1-day con I would like to rest up for the next big event for me, which would be Sakuracon (2 weeks after Anizona) but that con is going to take a lot out of me, and going for 4 days would need me to save $$. So I'm not giving up entirely on Anizona, but it's looking doubtful..

Rogue Marvel
01-25-2005, 08:54 AM
Trust me you will want to go to anizona

they have some stuff lined up that will make it one of the hotest first year cons.

Eurobeat King
01-25-2005, 11:34 AM
RM: I'll try. ;) Not 100% sure as I said. I'll let you know my decision probably by the end of February or beginning of March. And at least if I don't go, Admin & Aeris might be there to take pictures..

goldtogepi
01-25-2005, 12:00 PM
yeah im going, for sure im going.

sethbramwell
01-26-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm planning on making Anizona my first con with my tax refund :-) I was planning on anime expo (I live in Las vegas) but decided it was too far away for me to hold on to the money for. (Money tends to burn a hole in my pocket, eh heh) I'm really looking forward to it, I was worried it'd be a bit small but with all these posts of people planning to attend I am totally looking forward to it. I'm planning to attend in my soon to be done Schrodinger costume from hellsing.

To quote Excel, "YAY YAY YAY!" I can't wait!

Allan

goldtogepi
01-27-2005, 01:00 AM
Oh i know im so happy, my first con ill prolly be tsukasa from .hack//sign lol either that or kira from gundamseed, hey we should all hang lol

sethbramwell
01-27-2005, 02:15 AM
hey we should all hang lol

I'd love to setup some way for us all to hang :-) I'd love to meet some other forum members in person :-)

Allan

kujaeidolon
01-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Cosplay.com gathering! That would be fun, anyone have any ideas for a time? I suggest Saturday afternoonish so we can get the most cosplayers as we can.

What's the locale like? I've never been there, so I don't know where prime cosplay spots would be.

Tenshi
01-27-2005, 09:07 PM
There are pictures of right outside the hotel on the convention website ^^. Maybe you could ask a local person on the Anizona boards about where the best place for a big group picture would be.

Chibi Ice Wolf
01-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Cosplay.com is attending and I will be selling photoshoots for AniZona soon.

Hooray! Too bad I probably won't be part of a group larger than 3 people. >.> and they probably don't want to buy one with me. I don't think anyone wants to look at 30 pictures of just me, but if it was a group, it'd be awesome! Especially since I never get good pics and yours bring out the best in every cosplayer - and we'd be on the front page! o.o

Jinx
01-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey guys! I'll be attending.. I'll for sure wear Talim, and maybe Ukyo... and I'm trying to make Joan from WoG, and maybe some other random costumes. ^-^;; I hope to meet you all there! ^-^

FlameSniperRei
01-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Can someone please explain to me how they heck this new convention got Mr. Yoshitaka Amano as a Guest? *baffled*

Honey Bunny
01-29-2005, 12:03 AM
I'll be there for sure, I was planning to support my homestate anyway, but now with Amano we're gonna be huge!!

>_<

I had only planned to wear some old costumes for this con, but with him coming I have to go into cosplay overdrive *sigh*

I might bring out the Old Suikoden 3 Lucia though.

Jinx
01-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Honey_Bunny: Where do you live now?

I really want to do an FF Amano costume.. but I can't think of a darn one. Plus, I don't know if I'd get it done in time.. :/

Krishna
01-29-2005, 05:48 AM
I'm so there!!!! I have been looking forward to the first ever con in Arizona for a LONG LONG LONG TIME... now I just have to drag myself from Tucson back to my home in Mesa that weekend.. things will be good!!! Well, and finish costume before then!!!

As to how they got Mr. Yoshitaka Amano.. I have no idea.. I was REALLY impressed when I saw it on the LJ... Becasue people have been talking about the con in Anime Fest of Atomic Comics.. Didn't really see that one coming!!!! But things seems to be going great for the Arizona's first con! :D

kujaeidolon
01-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Honey_Bunny: Where do you live now?

I really want to do an FF Amano costume.. but I can't think of a darn one. Plus, I don't know if I'd get it done in time.. :/

I suddenly wanted to do an Amano costume too...thought of maybe doing Zidane cause it's the simplest one of his designs. But I don't know yet. I'm still looking at my bank account and crying ^^;; Costume are expensive, yo.

Krishna, how are you getting up there? The group I have coming up from Tucson, we don't have transportation...^^ you think we could carpool or sommin?

Chibi Ice Wolf
01-29-2005, 12:33 PM
I was pretty shocked at the Amano news too. ^^ I was thinking it would be cool to have a FF costume too, especially the Amano design - but there aren't any I can think of (okay I did ghetto Aeris, but I haven't actually played FF7 yet. ^^) My favorite character would have to be Vivi (9) but I don't think I could pull off that costume well, let alone Amano's design!!

Tenshi
01-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, obviously I now have to bring my Prince Edward costume ^^;;. And find time to make some improvements to it. I am sooooo excited!

BlackDelo
01-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Finally a thread about Anizona! I'll be cosplaying Nicholas D. Wolfwood, standard Iori Yagami and poolside Iori Yagami. I saw that they got a sand vollyball area. Anybody up for KOF vollyball?

Oh and I'll be driving from San Jose. If anybody needs a ride I'd be more than happy to see if i could pick you up.

Honey Bunny
01-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Jinx I still live in Tempe. It did kind of sound like I moved out of state *lol* I just don't go to many anime events here because A) They suck or B) Everyones so young they make me feel like I'm yesterday's old foggie anime fan. ;_;

Jinx
01-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Jinx I still live in Tempe. It did kind of sound like I moved out of state *lol* I just don't go to many anime events here because A) They suck or B) Everyones so young they make me feel like I'm yesterday's old foggie anime fan. ;_;

Omg, that's you De, isn't it! Remember, I cosplayed Honey? And we saw each other again at AX04? I completely forgot you live in Phoenix. I just moved to south Phoenix.

Anyway, I agree with you on the lame cosplay/anime events in the city... I'm 21, but I've never been as dorky and crazy as the people I saw at the Planet Neo cosplay contest two years ago. I think they scared me away. @.@

Then I went to the Phoenix C-com 03 and I was STILL afraid...

I have having high hopes for AniZona!

DarkCorp
01-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Me and some buddies will probably go. Only thing is the annoying drive from Chandler to Phoenix :(

Honey Bunny
01-30-2005, 03:27 AM
*hits DarkCorp with a pipe*

*lol* The drive is like what 20 minutes on the freeway. Granted the drive isn't that bad, I'm somewhat upset that it's so far into PHX myself, it's somewhere past Metro center right? See if they'd been thinking of our feelings they would of had it somewhere closer to the east valley, or around the Airport...........

Jinx I'm glad that you've escaped Surprise, or Sunrise (I forget which one it was) and moved closer to everything. *lol* And I can never forget you, you made my list as AZ first true cosplayer, followed by Ashe, who promtly moved away -_-

Heart of Chaos
01-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Me and some buddies will probably go. Only thing is the annoying drive from Chandler to Phoenix :(

Haha, your annoying drive? I'm driving from Gold Canyon. And I've met many people who live around Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa that don't even know where Gold Canyon is...past Apache Junction. So I'll have a bit of drive to get to the con. But I'm hoping it'll be worth it esp now that Amano is coming.

kujaeidolon
01-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Argh, you guys are all wimps. I still need to get myself and a grou up there somehow from Tucson and 'tis most annoying. The worst part about driving through Southern Arizona is how utterly boring the landscape is - desert, desert, desert. It's like a placid shade of gray.

Krishna
01-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Yea, I hate driving that part of I-10... ^^;;;; Ehh... ehh Kujaeidolon.... i'm sorry to say this.. but my car is already full.. since a few friends are coming up with me... sorry...

Chibi Ice Wolf
01-30-2005, 04:50 PM
Driving to Phoenix from Gilbert is awful. And gosh the freeway traffic is so bad, and it's like, merge merge merge... @.@ Many near accidents EEK! And I got lost both times I went to Metrocenter Atomic Comics! XD But some have it worse off than I do, so I'll be quiet now - Gold Canyon, yeah I didn't know where it was either, and I found it on a map... ouch! Driving from there to Phoenix would probably take twice as long as me, huh?

I like the local events, but yeah its mostly young kinds (I would feel old, but most of my friends I go with are 14-15 and I fit in with them well even though I'm 18). Lots of ghetto cosplay and skits that involve everyone killing eachother or I just have no idea what's going on. O.o But there are still some great cosplayers here and I have fun meeting new people! ^^

Jinx
01-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Honey_Bunny: Omg, I totally mistook the location! I thought it was in Scottsdale! It's waaay closer to me now! I used to live in the corner of Glendale and Avondale.. and then at one point was in El Mirage (between Surprise and Suncity.. heh) with my brother. I like where I'm at now. :)

Looks like it's the 17 and Greenway. Not bad. I live on 27th ave and Broadway, so it's a straight shot on the 17 for me. Weeee. It's a few exits north of Metrocenter.. Metro is on Dunlap, and then is Peoria, Cactus, Greenway.

You guys are wussies! I used to live in west Phoenix (the 101 and I-10) and I drove all over the valley every day... but well.. yeah, I did hate driving to Chandler/Mesa... >_<

kujaeidolon
01-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Yea, I hate driving that part of I-10... ^^;;;; Ehh... ehh Kujaeidolon.... i'm sorry to say this.. but my car is already full.. since a few friends are coming up with me... sorry...

Nah, don't worry about it. ^_^ But thanks anyway!^

Jinx
01-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Argh, you guys are all wimps. I still need to get myself and a grou up there somehow from Tucson and 'tis most annoying. The worst part about driving through Southern Arizona is how utterly boring the landscape is - desert, desert, desert. It's like a placid shade of gray.

I think I'm one of the few people who don't mind roadtripping around AZ... I love the scenerey.

But the road to Flagstaff is the best, of course. :P

sethbramwell
01-30-2005, 07:21 PM

Well Honey, I'm 27 from Vegas and plan on attending so I can be an old fogey too LOL Funny thing is i don;'t drive, so i have to fly in then figure out how to get from sky Harbor to the embassy suites... they say there's a 17 dollar shuttle, that may be my best bet.... (Unless anyone with a car is flying into sky harbr the mroning of Friday and might be willingto let me carpool with em to the hotel....)

Allan

ch!
01-30-2005, 07:28 PM
yeah anizona people XD!

i will be there doing about 15-2o costumes XD;! hehe well yeah any one doing angel sanctuary cosplay if so please join our group!

sethbramwell
01-30-2005, 09:54 PM
yeah anizona people XD!

i will be there doing about 15-2o costumes XD;! hehe well yeah any one doing angel sanctuary cosplay if so please join our group!

Gwah, I feel so pathetic with my one lil costume LOL

My first con,not my first cosplay, but i guess it's my first "Real" one... Ahh, 2 dauys iof convention-schrodinger goodness :-)

Any other Hellsing cosplayers attending? I'd love to meet yall!

DarkCorp
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
:)

Its about 40 minutes actually. I usually take the 101 to the 202 then to the 51 to greenway.

The thing is i used to live on 19 ave and thunderbird so I could routinely go home and get to the con with no probs, god the irony.

Beverly
01-30-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm really, really hoping to make it. ;_; And if I do, I still don't know what I'm wearing. XD

Jinx
01-31-2005, 03:35 AM
yeah anizona people XD!

Wow, that's a ton!

I'm aiming on wearing all of my costumes to this convention as well.. even the ones I planned on retiring, and hope to get several new ones done.

Dammit, if I were still with my ex-boyfriend, who used to live on 18th and Northern would be such an easy place to stop and change! >_<

Kirschwasser
01-31-2005, 03:30 PM
A convention in Phoenix? Well, that's a first. I'm 6 hours from Phoenix (I live in NM). It sounds interesting & tempting to go. I'll have to see when my spring break is & if I have enough extra money (plannng for Anime Expo takes out a lot of my extra money, so I don't know if I'll have enough). I'll have to see...

Rogue Marvel
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Can someone please explain to me how they heck this new convention got Mr. Yoshitaka Amano as a Guest? *baffled*

I asked the head of my department about this and she told me that he actually wanted to come out. She made it sound like he contacted them!

I'm not sure if thats exactly how it happined but does it really matter? He is coming for sure!

Gainax Boy
01-31-2005, 05:55 PM
Hopefully, If I can secure a ride and a place to sleep.. then I'll be making my way out to Arizona for some fun ^__^

Heart of Chaos
01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Driving to Phoenix from Gilbert is awful. And gosh the freeway traffic is so bad, and it's like, merge merge merge... @.@ Many near accidents EEK! And I got lost both times I went to Metrocenter Atomic Comics! XD But some have it worse off than I do, so I'll be quiet now - Gold Canyon, yeah I didn't know where it was either, and I found it on a map... ouch! Driving from there to Phoenix would probably take twice as long as me, huh?

Haha, I don't know what it is about Gold Canyon that makes it so no one ever heard of it. I mean sure, it's about a grand total of 3 traffic lights, but still...^_^ Actually the drive for me isn't all that bad but that's mainly because I really don't mind driving. The campus I go to is 30 min away so I'm just used to driving.

Maryssa
01-31-2005, 09:35 PM
OK so I'm going, and I think I might be doing a panel with some other people o_O eheh. The only thing I still need to do is get my plane tix, which I wanted to perhaps wait on till maybe some kind of schedule of things went up; I plan to arrive friday night so that I don't have to take off from work, but if there's Amano-stuffs going on friday I'll make sure I get in earlier x.x

ReiChikara
01-31-2005, 10:32 PM
TEHOMGZ YO.

Yay. I am a happy girl.

I have to drive from Casa Grande though. At least it's not Tuscon. BUT seeing as I DON'T HAVE A CAR. this is becoming an issue. XD

I'm planning a few costumes of Bleach cosplay. : DDDDD YAY. harrr!

Jinx
02-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Haha, I don't know what it is about Gold Canyon that makes it so no one ever heard of it. I mean sure, it's about a grand total of 3 traffic lights, but still...^_^ Actually the drive for me isn't all that bad but that's mainly because I really don't mind driving. The campus I go to is 30 min away so I'm just used to driving.

Isn't Gold Canyon waaaaay out there right before where they hold the Renaissance Faire (which is coming upon us very quickly!!!)?

I wanted to make a new costume for the Faire, but now I have to pick up the pace for AniZona..

layerD
02-01-2005, 02:06 PM
yeah anizona people XD!

If I can manage to go, then I am possibly cosplaying one of Setsuna's costumes. The one where he's all bandaged up and only has one wing...Charlie has the picture. Hey, how are you getting there? Without Krystel, I am now screwed >< I don't think I will be going, sadly.

layerD
02-01-2005, 02:08 PM

I know where Gold Canyon is ^^ Yippee, I think I am the only one! I live in Apache Junction, so it's about a five minute drive to Gold Canyon. Wow, we live really far away...not really though. It's sad when people look at you weird when you say Gold Canyon or Apache Junction. Haha..

layerD
02-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Isn't Gold Canyon waaaaay out there right before where they hold the Renaissance Faire (which is coming upon us very quickly!!!)?

I wanted to make a new costume for the Faire, but now I have to pick up the pace for AniZona..

Yeah, and it starts this weekend.

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Yeah, and it starts this weekend.

Oh crap really? I remember last year I wore my ghetto wenchy outfit and saying I would have a good one this year... well, too late. o.o I don't like Renaissance costumes that much anyway... I gotta get on the AniZona costumes too - 1 down, 2 to go, the second being a very large project... rose bride gown. x.x I am determined to finish it though.

kujaeidolon
02-01-2005, 05:06 PM
TEHOMGZ YO.

Yay. I am a happy girl.

I have to drive from Casa Grande though. At least it's not Tuscon. BUT seeing as I DON'T HAVE A CAR. this is becoming an issue. XD

I'm planning a few costumes of Bleach cosplay. : DDDDD YAY. harrr!

WAH just RUB IT IN why don't you? *pouts in the corner* Waahhh...I still need to find a way to get up there!

layerD
02-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Chibi ice wolf, I really wish I could go. There is still a minute chance, but I doubt I can make it. If I can magically, then I would have work like a slave to finish the six costumes I wanted to bring. Oh well...I'll try to figure a way there. Money is no obstacle, it's just the parents.

Mink
02-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Im going! And dragging my boys with me :) Can't miss the chance to meet Amano.

And shush all you people complaining about driving. I have to drive from Cali! 6 1/2
hours....ughhhh.

Although I can't complain. This will be my first out of state con! Im so excited :)

Jinx
02-02-2005, 01:12 AM
Im going! And dragging my boys with me :) Can't miss the chance to meet Amano.

And shush all you people complaining about driving. I have to drive from Cali! 6 1/2
hours....ughhhh.

Although I can't complain. This will be my first out of state con! Im so excited :)

Exactly!

Every year, I drive six hours to California for AX or SDCC.. finally it's time to take break!

Eurobeat King
02-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Ugghh.. As of 2/1/05, tickets from San Francisco to Phoenix are realllly expensive, and unless they go down a LOT by the beginning of March, it looks like I may not attend Anizona.. :lost: The cost of that airfare and hotel would make it really tough, esp. with Sakuracon 2 weeks later. So I'll keep you posted before the con arrives..

sethbramwell
02-02-2005, 07:12 AM
Ugghh.. As of 2/1/05, tickets from San Francisco to Phoenix are realllly expensive, and unless they go down a LOT by the beginning of March, it looks like I may not attend Anizona.. :lost: The cost of that airfare and hotel would make it really tough, esp. with Sakuracon 2 weeks later. So I'll keep you posted before the con arrives..

You may want to try Southwest Air. I was setting myself up for a long boring greyhound ride from Vegas, then discovered that tickets from vegas to phoenix on sw were only $3.40 more than the bus. Mind you, SW is certainly a no frills airline, but who cares as long as the plane works?

Try the webiste for great internet fares... www.southwestair.com

Just a thought,
Allan

Eurobeat King
02-02-2005, 11:37 AM
seth: I've tried Southwest also, but all their lowest-fares ($59 each way) have already been sold out and the cheapest is $119+ tax each way.. :thumbsup: Plus I've flown SW before, and for me I have to depart from Oakland and not SFO, which is a little more of a hassle for me.. I'll keep searching, tho.

Mucai
02-02-2005, 12:15 PM
If I'm going to go (it is either this, the con in TX or none), it depends on plane costs, hotel etc. I'm looking at being in the north west, around MA or NY in the week between Anime Detour and Anizona, then going to FL afterwards.

Anyone know what sorts of costs I'd be looking at?

Beverly
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Is anyone between Northern Colorado and Phoenix, AZ? ^^ I'm hoping to rent a car (since mine probably won't go that far.. =p), and I'd love to split costs with someone if you want to be picked up on the way. *^^* Almost anyplace up and down I-25. I'm 24 with a perfect driving record, so insurance shouldn't add too much to the cost... Looking at between $40-$65 split, depending on where I pick you up.

Please let me know! Email is beverly (at) charmedseed (dot) net.

Heart of Chaos
02-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I know where Gold Canyon is ^^ Yippee, I think I am the only one! I live in Apache Junction, so it's about a five minute drive to Gold Canyon. Wow, we live really far away...not really though. It's sad when people look at you weird when you say Gold Canyon or Apache Junction. Haha..

Hah, I know what you mean. Some people that found out I lived in Gold Canyon (the surprising thing was was that they knew where it was) were all "Gold Canyon? I thought only old people lived out there." And then they think AJ is a town full of red necks or something. Sigh, poor people. Heh, and I live right down the road from the Renaissance Fair and I have yet to go to it. I won't go there but I'll drive to Phoenix for an anime con, guess that shows where my interests lie.

Jinx
02-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Eurobeat King: Aww, it would be so awesome if you could make it here!!

layerD
02-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Hah, I know what you mean. Some people that found out I lived in Gold Canyon (the surprising thing was was that they knew where it was) were all "Gold Canyon? I thought only old people lived out there." And then they think AJ is a town full of red necks or something. Sigh, poor people. Heh, and I live right down the road from the Renaissance Fair and I have yet to go to it. I won't go there but I'll drive to Phoenix for an anime con, guess that shows where my interests lie.

It's actually quite funny what people think about cities; in all reality, they aren't what people say they are. I am not a red neck and do not do meth. It's always funny when someone asks you that...lol.

kujaeidolon
02-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Kind of like all those Marana people aren't rednecks and don't do pot?

dark_mousy
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
Awe. I want to go. I would attend but~ no way to get TO the con since I live all the way in Vegas, and such. I've been trying to figure out a way to get out to Arizona so could attend. ^^; Needless to say that's not working too well. Hope you guys all have fun! <3 Sounds like it's going to be great. T_T

Samurai_Yuna
02-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Hello! I'm YURA_sama on the AniZona forums, and I am running the InuYasha Group. I will be at the convention as SesshoMaru or a mystery character which I'll say a few days before the convention as to keep all of you waiting!

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I just noticed the news of a new guest on AniZona's homepage - Yay Han! I'm excited we're having a cosplayer guest now! ^^

jinnai
02-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Awe. I want to go. I would attend but~ no way to get TO the con since I live all the way in Vegas, and such. I've been trying to figure out a way to get out to Arizona so could attend. ^^; Needless to say that's not working too well. Hope you guys all have fun! <3 Sounds like it's going to be great. T_T

Yeah...ditto with me too...I dont have the funds and im strapped for cash :\

But ill be at AnimeVegas 2005!

Purgatory
02-07-2005, 02:08 AM
I live like ten minutes from Casa Grande and i have all ready registered, i just need to find a ride,.. im going to take Vicious ( Cowboy Bebop ) and Toboe ( Wolfs Rain ) as of now maybe others when the time comes

Aknem
02-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Whee... a little bit belated, but I'll be at AniZona. Dressed up as Sakura (CCS), hopefully... might bring my Kagura too, though not sure how long I'd last walking around in those boots. T_T;;

Maryssa
02-07-2005, 06:55 PM
finally bought my plane tix. I'll be arriving late friday night so I wont see you folks till then or saturday.

Honey Bunny
02-07-2005, 09:24 PM
I just want to complain really fast >_< I wanted to rent a large suite so I could throw a super cosplay party catered by Serano's (for you AZ kids out there) but the con got all the huge suites long ago ;_; and I looked to a hotel up the street and their suites are $550 even though its' a huge pent house with awesome scenic veiws......... it breaks my wallet.

Anyhow I'm just sad that I can't rock out with cosplay.com and OB like I wanted to.

Owaru

P.S Oh a little hotel info, I went and staked it out and the Embassy suites has outside rooms, so there's no roaming the halls, in fact the walks from room to room are huge!

Also those of you coming from the airport, it's about 30 minutes away.

Cyrus Gigelph
02-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Im definitely going, i just cant figure out who to be... help me out. Moroku (Inuyasha), Chichiri no da (Fushi Yugi), or Katan (Angel Sanctuary). HELP ME :eeek: :eeek: :waaaah: :waaaah:

Purgatory
02-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Im definitely going, i just cant figure out who to be... help me out. Moroku (Inuyasha), Chichiri no da (Fushi Yugi), or Katan (Angel Sanctuary). HELP ME :eeek: :eeek: :waaaah: :waaaah:

check out the Con's forums last i saw there were people on there looking for groups www.anizona.org/forums hope that helps ^-^

Cyrus Gigelph
02-07-2005, 11:59 PM
thx man! lots of help :) see yall there!!! love ya alll

-to my new family: @ cosplay.com

Purgatory
02-08-2005, 01:21 AM
thx man! lots of help :) see yall there!!! love ya alll

-to my new family: @ cosplay.com

not a problem glad to help ^^

Jinx
02-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I met Yaya Han briefly at AX.. she's real sweet. Can't wait to meet her again! XD

Eurobeat King
02-09-2005, 12:39 AM
UPDATE: Welllll... From going from 90% chance of NOT going, to 75% chance of NOT going.. it's official.. i'm 100% GOING to Anizona 2005!! :bigtu: Call it spur-of-the-moment-thinking, spend when you're depressed, or just my impulse of going to a LOT of anime conventions this year, I dunno.. :thumbsup: I think mainly it's cos I would like to see Amano in-person, all the Final Fantasy cosplayers who will show up to see him, the fact that I get to see Yaya again (always fun!), hanging out with my fellow-mods, and meeting new cosplay.com members in the Phoenix area and seeing some familiar faces, adds up to good enough reasons for EBK to go! ;)

My flight arrives at 11:00am on Friday, and I'll arrange for a shuttle to take me to/from the airport to the Embassy Suites hotel (the hotel DOESN'T have a free shuttle to/from the airport, do they??) and so I should be there by 11:30am, get my room, and should be out & around taking pictures by noon!

I'll be leaving early on Sunday, with my flight at 2:00pm, so I'll leave the hotel by 12:00-12:30pm. I wish I could've gotten a later-flight in the afternoon, but by getting home early I can start u/l the weekend's pictures by the early evening that night. So if you plan to cosplay on the last day, I hope I can see your costume(s) and take pics before I have to leave.

I look forward to Anizona and it's first year!! See you all there!! :skidude2:

Jinx: It'll be good to see you again, since it's been a while since AX2004 when I last saw you and took your pictures. Going to bring GoGo to Anizona byanychance?

Maryssa
02-09-2005, 01:26 PM
woooot party in Phoenix!

Honey Bunny
02-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Yaya is coming to Anizona? Wow, I guess I should check the ani-zona page more often. I'm looking foward to seeing her again myself. Raya introduced me to her at Ani-magic last year. I just hope she remembers me >_<

I'm glad to see you're coming Eurobeat King, it honestly never feels like a "con" without you around. (Even Yaoi-con amazingly.....)

TatsuyaUchiha
02-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I also am going to AniZona!! ^_^ I'll be going as Haruno Sakura from Naruto and Millie from Trigun... ^_^ I look forward to meeting all you people... ^_^

Eurobeat King
02-10-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm glad to see you're coming Eurobeat King, it honestly never feels like a "con" without you around. (Even Yaoi-con amazingly.....)

Awww.. thank you! I try my best to make it to my usual list of cons, and like to expand my list to include new cons if I can make it there, and when I do, I'll do my best to get a LOT of pictures! Of course, that depends on how the cosplayer turn-out is for Anizona.. What do you plan to cosplay? Did I take your picture at Yaoicon 2004, btw??

Maryssa: What costumes are you bringing? Warrior Rikku & Terra? or something new planned for Amano-san? ;)

Kokuu
02-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm still not 100% sure about Anizona. I'm kinda upset that it falls during Easter weekend, and I know my parents are going to want me to come home. But if I can convince them otherwise, and I can scrape together some money, then I just might be going.

Costumes: Not quite sure yet. I'm working on a festival-goer (omatsurishi) Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2, since I might as well get more use out of my Yuna wig. I really need to stop making costumes from that game- I'm up to 4! But you can guarantee that Baralai is going to make another appearance.

Mistress09
02-10-2005, 10:26 AM
II'll be going to AniZona with some friends. I'll be taking my largest and most immobile costume, Medusa from Petshop of Horrors, with the 5ft tail. Thank goodness for large halls...

Mucai
02-10-2005, 10:38 AM
hmm... Flights to/from Anizona and KamiKazeCon are about the same cost, the cons are both the same cost. Which one I go to depends on which one nets me the cheaper bed. (anyone in one of the 6 person rooms got space left?)

For the cheap flights, I'd have to leave NY on the 24th and head to Tampa on the 29th.

ANoM
02-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Just bought my registration today! Really lookin' forward to seeing everyone there XD

Purgatory
02-11-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm still not 100% sure about Anizona. I'm kinda upset that it falls during Easter weekend, and I know my parents are going to want me to come home. But if I can convince them otherwise, and I can scrape together some money, then I just might be going.

Costumes: Not quite sure yet. I'm working on a festival-goer (omatsurishi) Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2, since I might as well get more use out of my Yuna wig. I really need to stop making costumes from that game- I'm up to 4! But you can guarantee that Baralai is going to make another appearance.

isnt easter weekend the following weekend? o.o; or am i turned around?

Kokuu
02-11-2005, 02:25 AM
isnt easter weekend the following weekend? o.o; or am i turned around?

It IS Easter Weekend. Easter is on March 27th this year, unless you're Eastern Orthodox.

sethbramwell
02-11-2005, 02:35 AM
(the hotel DOESN'T have a free shuttle to/from the airport, do they??)

Heh, I wish. I talked to the hotel tho, they said the aireport runs a shuttle for about 17 bucks. the airports website seems to say that they leave something like every 15-30 minutes. I myself will be flying in from las vegas arriving around 8:45 or so PHX time.

Allan

Purgatory
02-11-2005, 02:54 AM
It IS Easter Weekend. Easter is on March 27th this year, unless you're Eastern Orthodox.

wow ok lol im wierded out x.x; i always remembered it being in april thats why i said that im sorry XD. my mistake >.<; * feels stupid *

ANoM
02-11-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm suddenly getting ideas of adding bunny ears to my costume...

>.>

<.<

Eurobeat King
02-11-2005, 04:14 AM

Kokuu: I hope you can make it! It was really nice seeing you again at ALA! Would you be able to bring your Gunner-Yuna with you to AZ if you can make it? I loved the photos we took at ALA, with & w/o guns! ;)

Heart of Chaos
02-11-2005, 04:08 PM

>.>

<.<

Haha, that would be awesome. Bunny ears on Sunday. Those would be a nice addition to people's costumes.

Jinx
02-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Al: Yup! I'm going to bring GoGo, but I'm not sure if I'll have the mace fixed up.. or if I'll just bring it as is. XP

ANoM: Haha! You're such a nerd! I would love to see you in bunny ears!

ANoM
02-11-2005, 08:37 PM
ANoM: Haha! You're such a nerd! I would love to see you in bunny ears!

Don't think I won't have a pair for you too! >:3

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-12-2005, 04:01 AM

>.>

<.<

XD Guess I should have picked Usada instead of Puchiko? lol Puchiko with bunny ears would be amusing...

Jinx
02-12-2005, 05:05 AM
Don't think I won't have a pair for you too! >:3

Bleh. I'll make my own, then. :P

ANoM
02-12-2005, 05:15 AM
Bleh. I'll make my own, then. :P

*jab* I'm saying I'll already have a second pair with yer name on it. XP

Mucai
02-12-2005, 07:56 AM
how much does the hotel cost with tax?

ANoM
02-12-2005, 01:27 PM
how much does the hotel cost with tax?

Hmm let's seeeee... *whips calculator out from pocket protector*

The State tax rate is 6.3%, and then the City of Phoenix adds another 1.8% *clickity click* (mind you the source I'm using is like 6-months old, so the information may be a little off...)

Add that to the hotel rates shown on the AniZona website annnnd:

$107.02 per night for single/double occupancy <-- Incorrect!
$117.83 per night for triple/quad occupancy<-- Incorrect!
$128.64 per night for up to 6 persons (max occupancy)<-- Incorrect!

I guess those are decent approximations^^

Tenshi
02-12-2005, 01:35 PM
My boyfriend called the hotel and they said their complete tax rate was 12.07%.

Eurobeat King
02-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Tenshi: Are you planning on bringing Rosette to AZ? I remember taking pics at Animagic last year, but would love to take more if you're going to bring her. :)

Jinx: Yay for GoGo! Well, whether or not you fix up the mace, please bring it so I can take more kewl poses like last time!! ;)

ANoM
02-12-2005, 02:09 PM
My boyfriend called the hotel and they said their complete tax rate was 12.07%.

@_@ Jeezus. Well I did only use the basic sales tax rate... 'guess it's different for lodging.

$110.95 per night for single/double occupancy
$122.16 per night for triple/quad occupancy
$133.36 per night for up to 6 persons (max occupancy)

There you go!

Mucai
02-12-2005, 02:10 PM
so hmm...

119+12.07% = 133.3633 / 6 = 22.227216666666666666666666666667

$22.23 per person per night in the 6 person rooms?

have to check that vs the kamikazecon room costs, then check the Boston - Pheonix - Sarasota flights again. ^^;;

Tenshi
02-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm definitely bringing Rosette ^^. I was going to make a totally new dress and spiff it up, but now I'm just going to bring the old dress so I can concentrate on making my Amano costume more gaudy XD.

Eurobeat King
02-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Tenshi: Yay! Thanks! Funny how I've yet to watch a single episode of ChronoCrusade, and yet I've taken a lot of pics of cosplayers & friends who dress up as Rosette. :) I'll besure to keep an eye out for you, or else we'll meet up and take some pics. Do you have an idea of what day you're going to wear her?

-chi-
02-13-2005, 05:57 PM
oh wow i need to work on my costumes fr anizona..i'am such a loser >.<;;;;!

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-13-2005, 07:36 PM
You are not a loser Chi!! You just love cosplay too much and have so many you want to wear! XD I just realized today my Nanami rosebride dress is going to make me look like a little girl going to church on Easter, and I'll be wearing it on Easter weekend. >.< Maybe I should make Nanami's egg as a prop and carry it with me! XD

I can't wait to see all the pretty Amano costumes. =3 I'm surprised you're not doing one Chi!

Tenshi
02-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Rosette is such a wonderful character, it's no wonder a lot of people are cosplaying her! :) I should be wearing it on Friday afternoon, and I'll have my Chrno with me XD.

Eurobeat King
02-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Tenshi: Thanks! I'll be there Friday after 11am, so I'll keep an eye out for you after that time.

-Chi-: We talked for a little bit before, and now since I'm confirmed going, good luck working on those costumes! I can't wait to meet you and take pics of your.. uhh.. 20 or so costumes you have planned?? :thumbsup: Again, I wish you luck with what you have left to do!!

kis4me
02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm going -- AniZona will be my first convention!

I've wanted to go to one for ages, and then I learn that there's going to be one not too far from where I live! I'm very excited :-)

Not sure who I'm going to go as yet, but I'm looking forward to meeting some of you!

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-14-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh HELL YES! We have our own subforum now!! XD I was searching for this thread and when I couldn't find it, I knew something was up! Awesome. ^^

Velvy
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, I'd *like* to go, and considering Phoenix is (somewhat) within driving distance... It's all a matter of convincing people within my area, "Doing anything March 25-27th?" "Uhh--" "Lets go to Phoenix!" "Kay." Ah, if only it were that easy. :bigtu:

Eurobeat King
02-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Velvy: Awww.. do your best to try and make it. :) Hopefully you'll find a way, so that you can cosplay your awesome Tifa at AZ!! ;)

sethbramwell
02-15-2005, 03:12 AM
I'm going -- AniZona will be my first convention!

I've wanted to go to one for ages, and then I learn that there's going to be one not too far from where I live! I'm very excited :-)

I'm in the same boat, and couldn't be more excited! Three days away from reality with a bunch of fellow anime freaks AND my first "real" (non-Halloween) cosplay! In the words of Excel Excel, YAY YAY YAY!

:-D
Allan

komichi
02-15-2005, 04:51 AM
I'll be there. Probably cosplaying as Rinna from Panyo Panyo DiGi Charat. ^_^

Ooh! Eurobeat King's going to be at Anizona? Awesome. :3 *Gets all hyper to work on the costume again, despite not having any of the materials right now*

sushi glomper
02-15-2005, 10:06 PM
I hope to be there...OR BE SQUARE! It will be great to meet some otakus in Arizona :-) I think Al is th eonly person I know that is attending

Eurobeat King
02-16-2005, 03:04 AM
sushi glomper: Yay!! Hopefully I'll get to see you at Anizona and then Sakuracon in Seattle 2 weeks later. :) But if not, then we'll make the best out of AZ and have fun and take lots o' pictures. I'll also introduce you to my friends that I know are going, like some of the mods, and some of my BayArea friends who will be there. :) Then you'll know more people that weekend!

komichi: Do your best to work on costumes before AZ arrives! Can't wait to meet ya!

ANoM
02-16-2005, 03:18 AM
Good gawd I'm gettin' all riled up for this XD XD

Gettin' my suitcoat tailored and modified, finishing touches to my prop... MUST FIND A WIG!!

Jeezus, is it always like this before a con? My head's gonna 'splode!

sethbramwell
02-16-2005, 04:12 AM
Just wondering... will there be any kind of gathering or meeting or party or somehting for cosplay.com members? I don't know too many of you beyond your posts, but I'd love to meet more of you!
Also, anyone planning on doing Hellsing cosplay for Anizona? Pls. let me know!

Allan

chaipnai
02-16-2005, 09:14 PM
I have a better chance in going now. I'm still waiting on the answer of two people, and if they are YES's, then I'm in! It should be fun!

damagedgarden
02-17-2005, 06:44 AM
I'll be attending Anizona. I wasn't planning on it at first, but I am starting to get excited about it! I only wish I had enough money to rent a room there and party with some of you guys.

And by the way, sethbramwell, I love your Shrodinger costume. I can't wait to see it in person. I only have one costume planed so far and am brainstorming like crazy for at least a second costume. One of the costumes I had in mind was Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing. Although, she is insanely cool and alas, I am not. So I doubt I'd do her character justice. I don't know, we'll see. ^^;

Heart of Chaos
02-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I would also like to know if there's going to be a gathering of some sort. This is my first cosplay so alas, I know no one. But man, only over a month away...I get excited than I look at my costume which is still in its beginning stages and I just go "oops...suppose I should work on that now".

Cyrus Gigelph
02-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Im all signed up and readly anticipating anizona, for it will be my first cos play experience... that is if i can get my Chichiri costume done in time :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... That reminds me I really should get started on that no da..... ya... well if any one has any sugestions or lives around pheonex or rather peoria than help will be appreaciated. And I can try to help anyone else as much as possible with their own costume.

well love ya'll
-alex-

p.s. Yes,I am a guy, and no I'm not gay, just... well... weird. If there are any questions about me, personal or not, I am an open book no da. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

chaipnai
02-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I would also like to know if there's going to be a gathering of some sort. This is my first cosplay so alas, I know no one. .

Don't worry! You'll meet tons of people and make friends with some! I met a few people during my first cosplay experience, and by the second time I cosplayed at a con, I made a bunch of new friends.

As far as the gatherings, I think if you start new threads on the main forum saying you want a gathering for (so and so anime/game/movie, etc) and there are others cosplaying in the same genre, you'll get something started and before you know it, you'll have a gathering time and location set. That alone will help u meet new people.

sethbramwell
02-18-2005, 01:45 AM
I'll be attending Anizona. I wasn't planning on it at first, but I am starting to get excited about it! I only wish I had enough money to rent a room there and party with some of you guys.

And by the way, sethbramwell, I love your Shrodinger costume. I can't wait to see it in person.

Heh, thanks! It's my first real cosplay, and I'm very excited.

Incidentally, I'm getting a room at the embassy,. if you'd like to hang out after the con hours or see if there are any parties going on, I'm game.

Allan

(Incidentally, I'm 27, a guy, and quite weird. Not dangerous but weird LOL)

SohjiroX
02-18-2005, 04:08 AM
I'll be there as Reno only, I wont have any other outfits to bring really. But I will attempt a Naruto character possibly, but just mostly a remix of my choice.

damagedgarden
02-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Heh, thanks! It's my first real cosplay, and I'm very excited.

Incidentally, I'm getting a room at the embassy,. if you'd like to hang out after the con hours or see if there are any parties going on, I'm game.

Allan

Haha! That's okay. I am 24 and think it's good to meet some older anime fans for a change. No offense to the younger crowd, but sometimes hanging around nothing but 15 year olds makes me feels waaaaay too old. lol

And as far as your hotel room, that sounds awesome. I'd love to hang out and meet more people after hours. My only problem is transportation. Since I am not staying over night and don't have a ride of my own, I might not be able to hang out too late. ^^; Lets plan on it though. I'll keep my eye out for the wolf ears!

Jinx
02-19-2005, 01:24 AM
I barely registered.

The only new costumes I'll hve is probably Tifa from Advent Children... I might have a moogle costume done, and I'm wearing as many as my old ones (even those I retired! XD) as often as humanly possible.

I would love to also meet up with other cosplay.com members! I tried that at AX, but have you seen the group photos? I was hidden somewhere behind Sana-chan, and then eventually I just gave up and ducked out. :P

sethbramwell
02-19-2005, 02:05 AM
I would love to also meet up with other cosplay.com members!

Hee hee, anyone who would, just keep an eye open for my schrodinger ears, I'd love to meet you!

(I have pics in my gallery if you're not sure who schrodinger is)

::Bubbling over with excitement and anticpation, YAY! My first con!::: (Are all the con newbies like this, i wonder....)

Allan

ANoM
02-19-2005, 04:20 AM

XP 24 here, and this'll be my first experience as well. Lookin' forward to running into you all!

goldtogepi
02-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah im going for sure, going as Edward Elric

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-19-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm older than most of my anime fan friends too. ^.^;; Luckily I fit in with them and I look young (I'm 18) But sometimes those 13 year old running around shooting eachother in cardboard armor make me feel a little out of place. >.<

AniZona would be great for a c.com gathering since it's smaller (I know what you mean about AX Jinx - that sucks >.<) As much fun as I have at AX, the size really gets to me. I'm excited about finally getting to attend a smaller con and hopefully not get lost in crowds and runover by people. @.@

Heart of Chaos
02-19-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm older than most of my anime fan friends too. ^.^;; Luckily I fit in with them and I look young (I'm 18) But sometimes those 13 year old running around shooting eachother in cardboard armor make me feel a little out of place. >.<

AniZona would be great for a c.com gathering since it's smaller (I know what you mean about AX Jinx - that sucks >.<) As much fun as I have at AX, the size really gets to me. I'm excited about finally getting to attend a smaller con and hopefully not get lost in crowds and runover by people. @.@

I know what you mean for looking young. I'm 19 and still get placed as being around 15 or younger. Almost makes me want to scream when on occasion when I'm out with my parents the hostess asks if I need a kids menu (and always seems to be a hostess...never a host). I'm taking my younger sister (by 5 years) and her friend to the con with me...and many people will probably think I'm their same age. Sigh. But anyways, I'm quite happy that my first con will be a smaller one. I'm quite a small person so perhaps I'll have less of a chance of being run over in a smaller con.

Jinx
02-19-2005, 02:46 PM
21 here... I got you all beat, I still pass as 14. :P

Honey Bunny
02-19-2005, 05:51 PM
21 here... I got you all beat, I still pass as 14. :P

23 ;_; So I've got ya's beat Jinx ^_~

I can't quite decide what I'd like to cosplay at this con. I was planning to just wear some old costumes like Clarice, or Nanaa Mihgo, but now I might make some new ones since everyone else is.

What I'm really looking foward too is all the cosplayers from AZ (So if there's any parties invite me's!). Arizona never really gets a chance to shine, and meeting someone from AZ at out state cons rarely ever happens (except with Jinx).

Good luck with costumes everyone, especially those of you trying to pull off "Amano style" looks.

sethbramwell
02-19-2005, 10:48 PM
23 ;_; So I've got ya's beat Jinx ^_~

What I'm really looking foward too is all the cosplayers from AZ (So if there's any parties invite me's!). Arizona never really gets a chance to shine, and meeting someone from AZ at out state cons rarely ever happens (except with Jinx).

Ha! 27 and I get mistaken for... erm, 28. Never mind. ;-)

While I'm not an AZ copsplayer, This Vegas one would love to hang with y'all and party! (This con is my big vacation alone, and believe me i wanna savor all of it)

Just let me know and Ill be there with bells (Well, wolf ears) on!

Allan

ANoM
02-20-2005, 03:37 AM
me thinks she meant she's got us beat by still looking like an adolescent XP

Jinx
02-20-2005, 08:35 PM
ANoM: You always got my back. XD

So.. is anyone throwing a huge suite party or what? 'Cause I'm so there!

Cyrus Gigelph
02-20-2005, 10:52 PM
ya, if i can go ill be there all night I love suite parties

Soran
02-22-2005, 10:02 PM
hey everyone, creater of this thread here, I'm so happy that there's a bunch of people going!!! It's so going to rock, I have finalized what I'm cosplaying as I believe, I will be attending as Winry from Full metal alchemist, [hopefully]. I am very excited and I can't wait to see the turn out!
-Signing off for now,
Soran

Cyrus Gigelph
02-22-2005, 11:52 PM
thats great man, ya i still ave to make mine, i just ave too much going on, i might not beable to cosplay this year... WWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!.... sry no dat the thought is bone chilling... well. I could use a room there, I live 45 min away, but am willing to pay, and will take any roommates, and any size of room. (I am very easy to please) I sleep on the floor, dont bother anyone, and am very easy to get along with (As long as no bad is said about Ford, Im not hit on by men too often, [I am a straight male] and no one screws with me while i sleep, I become very angry and may go postal on ya... jk.) Well I may beable to give rides too, but that is a bit iffy right now, so pm me, mail me call me, i dont care, jus get ahold of me if ya need to, and we can talk. If its about backgroung things, ill tell ya my whole life story, and give ya my cell # to call... mabe.

love yall, youre a great group
-alex-

Soran
02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
ah!!! that must like uber suck.

HalloweenFreak
02-26-2005, 07:19 PM
HEY! My friends and I are sooo going to be there, my 2 friends Went to the Mesa Atomic Comics last night without me, so if i don't cosplay soon, i'm going to go Crazy! Most likely i Shall be Showing up as Haruko, from FLCL. I :heart: her. She is sooooo flippin craZy and has a guitar. Like Me. :schitzo:

petitemusu
02-26-2005, 10:13 PM
I forgot to post in this thread too :) I'm going! Definitely Saturday and hopefully Friday as well. Depending on my schedule and others it probably won't be full day things, but enough hours to have fun and hopefully say hi to a load of people :jjacks: I can't wait to meet some of you!

Soran
02-26-2005, 11:36 PM
HEY! My friends and I are sooo going to be there, my 2 friends Went to the Mesa Atomic Comics last night without me, so if i don't cosplay soon, i'm going to go Crazy! Most likely i Shall be Showing up as Haruko, from FLCL. I :heart: her. She is sooooo flippin craZy and has a guitar. Like Me. :schitzo:

Hey. I went to that last night... ya' didn't miss much, that one girl, "chi" like won, not first, but she still won... A black mage or something or other won that... but I talked to anthony and FMA cast will be signing on sunday.

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Hey. I went to that last night... ya' didn't miss much, that one girl, "chi" like won, not first, but she still won... A black mage or something or other won that... but I talked to anthony and FMA cast will be signing on sunday.

I went too. ^^ I was the freak with the bright blue wig lol I thought it was pretty fun and I put up a few of the pics I took in my gallery - check em out! I have to put the rest up later. Yeah, Chi's costume was so awesome! The Vivi that won first made me soooo happy. ^^ And the art contest actually had a theme I could draw, yay! (It was Naruto)

sethbramwell
02-28-2005, 01:15 AM
JUst wondering, is it usual for new people to meet and swap emails at a con if they get along? I'm so excited about Anizona (My first con :-)) that I printed index cards to hand out with my name, email, and a lil pic of my cosplay character. Is this over-doing it?

Just curious, I really wanna meet some new people :-)

Allan

Cyrus Gigelph
02-28-2005, 01:49 AM
I don't see a prob with handing out "business cards" to new friends. If i had the resorces i would too.

sethbramwell
02-28-2005, 01:53 AM
I don't see a prob with handing out "business cards" to new friends. If i had the resorces i would too.

:-) If you have some index cards, MS Word, and a printer it it's pretty easy. Just set the page to that size and tyope away LOL

Cyrus Gigelph
02-28-2005, 02:14 AM
okies :) ty for the info

Jinx
02-28-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah, sometimes I wish I had gotten the info of some of the cool people I've met.

Velvy
02-28-2005, 06:45 AM
I will be going to AniZona! Happily looking forward to it! :bigtu: (If you're cosplaying from FFIX, please, please let me know :))

petitemusu
02-28-2005, 05:09 PM
About the "business cards" - I have a few from Japanese Cosplayers I have met. They're really cute and basically had a picture of them with a catch phrase and then their website. Japanese love business cards ^_^ I had totally forgotten about these until it was mentioned here. I think it's a super cute idea :heart:

BTW are there any "official" gatherings for photos? Like a C.com one or anything like that? I'm trying to work out my schedule and would love to know! If anyone is interesting in joining a gathering for Jpop I would love to meet up! My friend and I are bringing MiniMoni on Friday ^_^

Jinx
02-28-2005, 07:45 PM
About the "business cards" - I have a few from Japanese Cosplayers I have met. They're really cute and basically had a picture of them with a catch phrase and then their website. Japanese love business cards ^_^ I had totally forgotten about these until it was mentioned here. I think it's a super cute idea :heart:

BTW are there any "official" gatherings for photos? Like a C.com one or anything like that? I'm trying to work out my schedule and would love to know! If anyone is interesting in joining a gathering for Jpop I would love to meet up! My friend and I are bringing MiniMoni on Friday ^_^

Now I'm warming up to the idea of cosplayer business cards..

As for meetups.. there hasn't been much talk, not sure if there's enough interest (at least here on the forums) to make meetup times, but we could decide on some and then try and get the word out. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more cosplayers going to AniZona, they just don't frequent these forums.

Cyrus Gigelph
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Ok, here's what we can do, pm me times, for what yall want to meet up for anizona, an after say... 6 or 7 different ones, ill make a new thread w/ a poll on it. that sound good? well pm me.

Jinx
03-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Ok, here's what we can do, pm me times, for what yall want to meet up for anizona, an after say... 6 or 7 different ones, ill make a new thread w/ a poll on it. that sound good? well pm me.

Why don't we just make a new thread so everyone can discuss it freely?

ANoM
03-01-2005, 01:38 AM
Don't mind if I do! *exploits the initiative*

Frank_Castle
03-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Hihi! :jjacks:
Finally after a few years of reading cosplay.com's forums I finally joined. (Still feel a bit intimidated by 30,000 users and all these cosplay veterans everywhere)
I'll be going to the convention all 4 days as Kakashi from Naruto. My girlfriend will join me as Sakura also from Naruto and this will a "First Convention" for both of us..
Some of you may know me as Kakashi_Frank from the Anizona forums. I'm organizing the Sushi gettogethers on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
I know a few of you here but for the people I don't know--> nice to meet you

ANoM
03-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Heya Frank_Castle! ((A sushi gettogether you say...? *scratch scratch* XP))

Lookin forward to meeting you two!

Jinx
03-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey, nice to meet you! Wouldn't mind parttaking in that sushi gettogether myself as well. ^-^

I posted a few times on the AniZona forums as "Jinx" but only in the cosplay area.

Frank_Castle
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Well If you two are interested in the sushi gettogether then you are more than welcome to check out the topic on the anizona forums here (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=527&start=90/)
We have a ton of people goin including staff and several members of cosplay.com.

Please look for my most recent post for full updates on what's goin on (I have to update this thing like once every day or so with all the people joining etc)

sushi glomper
03-11-2005, 06:15 PM
It looks like I will be there for sure! yay!

Frank_Castle
03-13-2005, 06:19 AM
It looks like I will be there for sure! yay!
Sushi Glomper I added you to the list but you're listed as a MAYBE cause I don't know what day you'd like to go....And are you going to need a ride?

Oh and btw SethBramwell I'm glad we could find you a ride! :-)

sethbramwell
03-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Oh and btw SethBramwell I'm glad we could find you a ride! :-)

Me too :-) I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone... and trying sushi for the first time LOL. ANyone have any suggestions for a sushi newbie?

ANoM
03-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Me too :-) I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone... and trying sushi for the first time LOL. ANyone have any suggestions for a sushi newbie?

Unagi. Start with unagi. It's actually cooked and served in a teriyaki-type sauce. Then you can start working your way up to the more... raw stuff XP

sethbramwell
03-13-2005, 11:59 PM
Unagi. Start with unagi. It's actually cooked and served in a teriyaki-type sauce. Then you can start working your way up to the more... raw stuff XP

Thanks! I didn't realize any sushi was cooked- I thought everything was raw.

BTW, this is probably a stupid question, but i am a newbie at this- is it served cold or warmed up?

Frank_Castle
03-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks! I didn't realize any sushi was cooked- I thought everything was raw.

BTW, this is probably a stupid question, but i am a newbie at this- is it served cold or warmed up?

Yeah actually there is quite a bit of cooked sushi! Actually because you are a sushi newbie I would reccommend the most American sushi you can get....California Rolls.... and I'll tell you one type of cooked sushi that is VERY GOOD: Soft Shell Crab Rolls (It's actually Fried Crab and you see the fried crab sticking out the side of the sushi roll. They put it right in the mini oven...I've watched the sushi chef make it one day... OH MY GOODNESS YUMMY!!!@!@!!!!

I'm gettin hungry thinkin about it...

++runs into the kitchen to make ramen++

Eurobeat King
03-14-2005, 04:11 AM
Please keep this thread on topic which is about who is planning to go to Anizona in 2 weeks, not about what your favorite sushi is. If you plan to have a gathering at some-point during the con to go out and eat sushi, your replies should be about the day, time, and place where you're going to meet. Thank you..

Eurobeat King
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Anyone planning to cosplay on Sunday of Anizona? :) If so, I do hope you'll be up and around in costume before I leave that day, since i just made a supershuttle reservation to go back to the airport at NOON.. :thumbsup: My flight's at 2:00pm, but 12:00-12:15pm is the latest time-slot the shuttle can depart. (I've never left a con THAT early before.. :lost: ) But on a good note, I'll arrive back home in the afternoon and get started posting the pictures from the con starting with Friday's pics! :D

So if you do plan to cosplay on Sunday before (or after) checking out of the room and loading up your car/van/truck, I'll be walking around the hotel around 10am to noon looking for cosplayers to take pics of before it's time to leave.. *sniff* hehe

Just 10 more days to go until Anizona!! Good luck finishing up those costumes!! :bigtu:

Tenshi
03-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I might be walking around in a casual Haruka Tenou cosplay on Sunday, but that depends on how much room I have in my suitcase and what time we're leaving that day. We'll see :).

Eurobeat King
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Tenshi: Thanks! Keep me posted here or come the con. :)

chaipnai
03-15-2005, 11:51 PM
I will probably cosplay right before I leave, which should be around 1.

I don't know what I'll be in that day, but I do plan on bringing Hermione (possibly both old and new uniforms), Rinoa, Hitomi and possibly Songstress Yuna (which I'm worried won't be as complete as I wish...). Hopefully I'll run into you again, EbK. : D Your pics always rock!

ANoM
03-16-2005, 02:05 AM
I was debating a more personified version of Reno (since I just dyed my own hair red) just for fun and ease on Sunday, might throw on some bunny ears in light of the holiday as well. Dunno if that really counts as cosplay, but I'll see what happens.

kujaeidolon
03-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Anyone planning to cosplay on Sunday of Anizona? :) If so, I do hope you'll be up and around in costume before I leave that day, since i just made a supershuttle reservation to go back to the airport at NOON.. :thumbsup: My flight's at 2:00pm, but 12:00-12:15pm is the latest time-slot the shuttle can depart. (I've never left a con THAT early before.. :lost: ) But on a good note, I'll arrive back home in the afternoon and get started posting the pictures from the con starting with Friday's pics! :D

So if you do plan to cosplay on Sunday before (or after) checking out of the room and loading up your car/van/truck, I'll be walking around the hotel around 10am to noon looking for cosplayers to take pics of before it's time to leave.. *sniff* hehe

Just 10 more days to go until Anizona!! Good luck finishing up those costumes!! :bigtu:

Heya, I'll be in costume, probably as either Ky or Ban Mido. Hope to see you there!

petitemusu
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I won't be there Sunday considering it's Easter and I'll be spending time with my family. Saturday is my main day! I hope I have time to meet everyone then!!!

sethbramwell
03-17-2005, 01:53 AM
I plan on cosplaying on Sunday (and the other days and Hellsing's Schrodinger. Hope I can make the photo cut!

Allan

Soran
03-18-2005, 12:04 PM
WHOOOT! Anizona is a week away!!! And, little ol' me, just started her cosplay two days ago. I'll be attending the con as SUBARU from .hack//sign

devmo
03-20-2005, 05:41 PM
My boy and I will also be at Anizona. It's the first convention we've ever been too and it's the first time either of us has cosplayed. We're going as Ragnarok online characters - wizard for him and thief for me.
I found the Anizona website while randomly browsing convention websites and knew that I had to go.
However, I have other motives for attending the con....part of which involves a favor from you wonderful folk.
I am a senior at Arizona State University in the theatre program. My focus is in costume design and construction (and as I'm an anime fan, it's not surprising that I am drawn to cosplay). As part of my graduation requirements, I need to complete a final capstone project and I've decided on cosplay as my subject.
I'm examining the theatricality of cosplay from the perspective of cosplayers and observers. A large portion of my 'research' will come from other cosplayers.

And here is where I need your help--At the convention I plan to have a form for the cosplayer to fill out so I can gather as much information as possible. In addition to that, I would like to spend more time talking with willing individuals about cosplay (similar to an interview). In addition to general information, I will be asking questions that deal with cosplay as theatrical performance. As documentation of my project, I will be taking lots of photos of cosplayers. If people agree, I would like to use these photos for an in-class presentation.

If any of you would be willing to discuss your cosplay experiences with me at the convention or through email (or both), I would greatly appreciate it. Please feel free to email or pm me if you are interested.

But in any case, I look forward to meeting you all at Anizona!

tasu
03-22-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm going. I didn't want to originally but my brother is forcing me to go to get Mr. Amano's signature. XD;; Might as well go for the entire con while I'm at it (except Sunday since I'd prefer to spend Easter with my family instead of at a con).

SohjiroX
03-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Am I going? I'm leaving right now to get down there, see all of you there!!!