PDA

View Full Version : Tsubasa (CLAMP manga) Cosplay

Malicious
11-26-2004, 08:49 PM
it's so interesting when mangas have cross-overs >:3
CLAMP's latest manga includes characters from Card Captor Sakura, Chobits, XXXholic, X/1999, and more.
here's a quick summary:

Sakura, the princess of Clow Country, has a vision of a mysterious object. The next day, she visits her childhood friend Syaoran at the excavation site he's working at. She sees the mysterious object - and begins to get pulled in to it! Wings appear on her back. Syaoran manages to pull her back, and her wings disappear - but Sakura is unconscious, and the palace magician Yukito says that the wings were Sakura's memories. Now that they're gone, Sakura will die! And so Yukito sends Syaoran on a quest to find the feathers of Sakura's memories, which have been scatted throughout different dimensions. Joining him on his quest are Fye, a magician who left his dimension to escape an evil king; Kurogane, a swordsman who was banished from his world by Princess Tomoyo; and Mokona, a magical creature given to them by the Witch of the Dimension.

what's funny about the manga is that the characters act the same as they would normally do in their own original manga. Chii would act clueless amd say"chii" all the time, Sakura acts all cute and annoying, Sorata and Arashi from X/1999 have the same personalities as well. and there's even cute Mokona in the story as well >o<
here's an image of the 3 main charas, including Syaoran.
PIC (http://www.juliejubz.blogger.com.br/Tsubasa%20RESERVoir%20CHRoNICLE%20-%20Stand.jpg)
Small gallery here (http://shadabadanime.net/Tsubasa/gallery.htm)
there's not many images i could find. can anyone share some images please?! it's so hard to find ones that aren't manga scans ^^; wouldn't be able to figure out colors and details.
someone i know wants to cosplay Mr. Kuro(guy on the left in pic) but can't find anything.
does anyone else want to cosplay from Tsubasa? :D

hikarilight
11-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Actually, I already started cosplaying from Tsubasa ^^

As you can see from my icon, I did Syaoran. The two version I did so far is his Clow clothes and Koriyo clothes. I plan to do all of his outfits and have one in the planning ^^ I think I'll be doing either Chii or Sakura with my friend, who will be Fye. I also have a friend who's going to do Kurogane but not his original version. She decided when I showed her my current Syaoran costume plan ^^

I suggest you search for manga scans because they don't have many colour pictures and what not. But I do wish you luck with yours ^^

Poisonous Intent
11-26-2004, 09:09 PM
there's not many images i could find. can anyone share some images please?! it's so hard to find ones that aren't manga scans ^^; wouldn't be able to figure out colors and details.
someone i know wants to cosplay Mr. Kuro(guy on the left in pic) but can't find anything.
does anyone else want to cosplay from Tsubasa? :D

some sites:
http://www.tokyojupiter.com/tsubasa/wallpaper.html (gourgeous wallpapers with detailed pics) if you delete the wallpaper extention the site leads to a great tsubasa site...but it lacks GOOD pics.

http://www.animate-usa.com/HTML/PB/IMAGES/TSUBASA_RESERVOIR_CHRONICLE_3690369.jpg (this pics show a lot of kurogane's detail)

http://trc.silent-mist.com/gallery.php (more pics)

as for tsubasa cosplay, its great to see more people cosplaying it..my group of freinds it decided in doing a tsubasa this summer (We have a Sakura (myself), Tomoyo, Fai and Syaoran.) but it's still undecided upon what con we're premeiring the group at >.> so far it seems ohayoucon. ( I might be able to scan in some detailed pics from a magazine my freind just brought me from japan, it has a detailed pic of kurogane). I have yet to see a kurogane cosplayers so I hope to see pics once your friend finishes ^_^

Anyway, Tsubasa and xxxholic, both new mangas from clamp's, storyline crossover...so tsubasa fans should checkout xxxholic too.

Chibi Ice Wolf
11-27-2004, 12:10 AM
I luv the manga also! I thought about making Sakura's Clow Princess dress for Anime Expo next year. But then I got to thinking that it was above my skill level, budget, and that it's going to be REALLY popular next year. I decided to just be Cardcaptor Sakura instead, so I don't run into so many me's (who look much better than me!). >.<

Watanuki from xxxHolic is teh cuteness too. I hope holic cosplay is as popular as I think Tsubasa cosplay is going to be. ^.^

Straywind
11-27-2004, 12:39 AM
As soon as I heard about CLAMP releasing a cross-over series which was featuring Sakura and Syaoran, I knew I had to Cosplay from it. I debuted my Clow version of Syaoran's costume @ Anime North this year. I Cosplayed with my wonderful Sakura and my friend who made a great Faye. Sakura and I re-wore our costumes to CNAnime and this time we had a Kurogane. I have pictures of our costumes on my site: http://cosplay.out-break.net

Sakura and I even managed to get some amazing photos of our costumes when we did a photoshoot @ our university. I've also Cosplayed as Syaoran's bandaged version and I'm working on the waiter and Koriyo versions for cons next year.

I love Cosplaying from Tsubasa and it's great to see others taking an interest in it as well. I would post more picture links but the ones posted so far are by far some of the best sites for photos. Good luck to everyone with their costumes! I canít wait to see photos of more Tsubasa Cosplayers! (^_^)

Tohma
11-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm actually working on a Fai costume right now. I'll definetly be wearing it to this years Otakon, possibly debuting it at Katsucon.

This is the first time I'm doing a cosplay from a manga, versus an anime. It is actually quite a different experience because you don't exactly know what color to make things and sometimes you don't get a good view of the whole costume. Makes for a lot of different varieties of the same costume.

I have pictures of my Fai coats in my gallery right now. They are done..its just the under clothing that needs to be started and finished now ^^;;

Myaku Xu
11-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this thread. XD My boyfriend is having trouble deciding who to cosplay and I suggested Kurogane for him... But we couldn't find any decently-sized, colour images of his outfits. THANK YOU. <3 And of course, the Tsubasa art is beautiful. ^____^b

Malicious
11-29-2004, 10:47 PM
why is it that in every pic their outfits seem to change? O_o well thank u for helping everyone!!

Myaku Xu
11-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Mostly because those are chapter pages, so usually they're just the characters looking cool. ^^;; Plus, it seems more realistic that characters would change clothing... you know?

Mystic Blossom
11-30-2004, 03:23 PM
I want to cosplay as Arashi, just because I want an angsty puppet that looks like me.

Fragmentor
11-30-2004, 06:52 PM
love this new CLAMP title! im gonna cosplay Sakura, but theres only one pic, cos its cover art. i have to guess a lots of the costume >_<

more people should cosplay this!!

hikarilight
11-30-2004, 07:23 PM
I agree~ The fandom needs to continue to grow :D

Muralasa
11-30-2004, 11:09 PM
[...]

Fragmentor
12-01-2004, 02:20 AM
yes! *piont above* it IS well done, with the right balance of seriousness and humor. and i absolutely adore the crossovers with the characters.

Id love to do more of tsubasa RC cosplays but i think i need to gain more exp first.

PanDo
12-01-2004, 03:27 AM
AHH!!! Tsubasa is awesome!!! I wanted to cosplay as a character, but my friends and I decided not to..=*( maybe another time. I really wanted to go as the Fai or Syaoran's dark knight costume. mmm if anyone has the manga check volume 4, it's one of the chapter divider pictures. :cool:

hikarilight
12-01-2004, 08:52 PM
AHH!!! Tsubasa is awesome!!! I wanted to cosplay as a character, but my friends and I decided not to..=*( maybe another time. I really wanted to go as the Fai or Syaoran's dark knight costume. mmm if anyone has the manga check volume 4, it's one of the chapter divider pictures. :cool:

You should do one anyway~ Your friends can always make one later XD Go for it :D